JSGSKI


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JSGSKI

Any idea where the return policy is listed, was told there is a time limit but can't find that written, no reply from woot.com on my question.

Basically, dvd player I bought was not working. they said contact manufacturer. I did. Woot isn't a authorized retailer, so manufacturer finally said no warranty after a long wait/process. now woot says they wont take back either.

widmer69


quality posts: 14 Private Messages widmer69

http://www.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx#q8

I'd expect a Woot staffer to send you a PM before too long with some questions for ya. You should email Woot with all your info on the product as well.

Good luck.

hooray beer!

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

JSGSKI wrote:Any idea where the return policy is listed, was told there is a time limit but can't find that written, no reply from woot.com on my question.

Basically, dvd player I bought was not working. they said contact manufacturer. I did. Woot isn't a authorized retailer, so manufacturer finally said no warranty after a long wait/process. now woot says they wont take back either.



We're sorry to hear that the unit is no longer functioning correctly. Unfortunately, the 90 day warranty period has passed.

This item was purchased back in NOVEMBER 2008 and we cannot validate a return because the product was listed as having a limited warranty:
Polaroid 8" Dual-Screen Portable DVD with Game Controller
Please also check our Return Policy Page:
RETURN POLICY

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us again at service@woot.com.

Woot.com Member Services

JSGSKI


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JSGSKI

well, heres the thing, you say to contact the manufacturer, they take forever to respond, conveniently your warranty runs out. great deal for woot!

JSGSKI


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JSGSKI

an i guess basically nothing woot sells carries any kind of manufacturer warranties?

Is woot an authorized retailer for any products, will we get shafted on everything that is defective?

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

JSGSKI wrote:an i guess basically nothing woot sells carries any kind of manufacturer warranties?

Is woot an authorized retailer for any products, will we get shafted on everything that is defective?



JSGSKI wrote:well, heres the thing, you say to contact the manufacturer, they take forever to respond, conveniently your warranty runs out. great deal for woot!




Answer: The warranty for every item is posted in the product's write up. Once the warranty has EXPIRED, we suggest that members try and contact the manufacturer to receive assistance with their product. Most manufacturers will respond in a timely and helpful manner to those who have inquiries about their products.

Any member purchasing an item should be aware of the warranty period and how to contact Member Services (service@woot.com) in case they have any questions or concerns regarding their purchase.


You also have the option of purchasing an extended warranty from
SquareTrade

Woot Member Services

tomshoey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomshoey

I bought a hp laptop on March 19th.......I see a Dell Studio on sale today.......is there a chance I can exchange my Hp for the Dell

Snapster


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster
tomshoey wrote:I bought a hp laptop on March 19th.......I see a Dell Studio on sale today.......is there a chance I can exchange my Hp for the Dell


we can't offer this directly for efficiency reasons. I'd explore resale possibilities on ebay or an unsuspecting friend/family member.

dliidlii


quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
ROGETRAY wrote:Answer: The warranty for every item is posted in the product's write up. Once the warranty has EXPIRED, we suggest that members try and contact the manufacturer to receive assistance with their product. Most manufacturers will respond in a timely and helpful manner to those who have inquiries about their products.

Any member purchasing an item should be aware of the warranty period and how to contact Member Services (service@woot.com) in case they have any questions or concerns regarding their purchase.


You also have the option of purchasing an extended warranty from
SquareTrade

Woot Member Services



So what happens when Woot misrepresents an item as having a 2 year Morphy Richards warranty,like you did for the hand blender, and Morphy Richards says it does notprovide warranty coverage in the U.S.!? I returned my defective blender to Woot with a UPS tracking number atmy expense. UPS shows it waqs delivered to Woot over 5 weeks ago but Woot does not respondto my request for a refundor replacement. Woot also claimed the blender had a 500 watt motor when it was only 320 watt. When Woot misrepresents an item why does the customer have to pay to return it and why haven't I received a refund,replacement or reply!?

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dliidlii wrote:So what happens when Woot misrepresents an item as having a 2 year Morphy Richards warranty,like you did for the hand blender, and Morphy Richards says it does notprovide warranty coverage in the U.S.!? I returned my defective blender to Woot with a UPS tracking number atmy expense. UPS shows it waqs delivered to Woot over 5 weeks ago but Woot does not respondto my request for a refundor replacement. Woot also claimed the blender had a 500 watt motor when it was only 320 watt. When Woot misrepresents an item why does the customer have to pay to return it and why haven't I received a refund,replacement or reply!?



We cannot at this time send you a replacement order because we are currently out of stock on the item. However, we did receive your product and have refunded your account on APRIL 23rd, 2009.

Please also check the junk folder of your email service provider, seeing as our last email correspondence might have been lost.

In regards to the misrepresentation of the product (including warranty), we sincerely apologize that the product was not warranted for a return to the manufacturer and that the specifications of the product were incorrect. Please note however, that you received the product on FEBRUARY 13th, 2009 and requested your RMA on MARCH 23rd, 2009. If there had been a defect with the product, we would have suggested that you write into service@woot.com and inquire about your purchase.

Please check your PM and email inbox as we have sent you further responses and solutions regarding this inquiry.

Sincerely,
Woot Member Services

dliidlii


quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
ROGETRAY wrote:We cannot at this time send you a replacement order because we are currently out of stock on the item. However, we did receive your product and have refunded your account on APRIL 23rd, 2009.

Please also check the junk folder of your email service provider, seeing as our last email correspondence might have been lost.

In regards to the misrepresentation of the product (including warranty), we sincerely apologize that the product was not warranted for a return to the manufacturer and that the specifications of the product were incorrect. Please note however, that you received the product on FEBRUARY 13th, 2009 and requested your RMA on MARCH 23rd, 2009. If there had been a defect with the product, we would have suggested that you write into service@woot.com and inquire about your purchase.

Please check your PM and email inbox as we have sent you further responses and solutions regarding this inquiry.

Sincerely,
Woot Member Services



Thanks for the fast response. I did check my email and spam folders and the last message from Woot was April 23rd. Also, I did contact Woot 3 weeks after I received the item because that's when it stopped working and that is when I contacted Morphy for warranty repair. When they told me there was no warranty I contacted Woot. The first response I got was to contact the manufacturer. When I replied I had already done that I was given an RMA to return it to Woot at my expense. I have no problem with Woots policy of making the customer pay to return items that are PROPERLY described. However, when an item has been MISREPRESENTED I believe Woot should take the high ground and pay the return shipping cost or provide a prepaid return label.I have a long,long list of purchases from Woot(and SelloutWoot) and have made several more,including today, since this incident.These purchases,with less than a handful of exceptions, have lived up to their descriptions and my expectations the vast majority of time.

jarapeles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jarapeles
dliidlii wrote:Thanks for the fast response. I did check my email and spam folders and the last message from Woot was April 23rd. Also, I did contact Woot 3 weeks after I received the item because that's when it stopped working and that is when I contacted Morphy for warranty repair. When they told me there was no warranty I contacted Woot. The first response I got was to contact the manufacturer. When I replied I had already done that I was given an RMA to return it to Woot at my expense. I have no problem with Woots policy of making the customer pay to return items that are PROPERLY described. However, when an item has been MISREPRESENTED I believe Woot should take the high ground and pay the return shipping cost or provide a prepaid return label.I have a long,long list of purchases from Woot(and SelloutWoot) and have made several more,including today, since this incident.These purchases,with less than a handful of exceptions, have lived up to their descriptions and my expectations the vast majority of time.



I have the same problem with the Morphy Richards hand blender. I'll be sending my 2nd broken blender back to woot BUT on my dime. I'm super annoyed that woot isn't stepping up and taking responsibility for misrepresenting the item. I've loved woot until this problem. I'm hoping that I get my refund ASAP after they receive it. It's be nice to get something to make up for the mess up and my cost of shipping yet another defective blender back. Free shipping on a future order or something, anything! If not, I don't know if I'll be buying from woot again.


ROGETRAY


quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dliidlii wrote:Thanks for the fast response. I did check my email and spam folders and the last message from Woot was April 23rd. Also, I did contact Woot 3 weeks after I received the item because that's when it stopped working and that is when I contacted Morphy for warranty repair. When they told me there was no warranty I contacted Woot. The first response I got was to contact the manufacturer. When I replied I had already done that I was given an RMA to return it to Woot at my expense. I have no problem with Woots policy of making the customer pay to return items that are PROPERLY described. However, when an item has been MISREPRESENTED I believe Woot should take the high ground and pay the return shipping cost or provide a prepaid return label.I have a long,long list of purchases from Woot(and SelloutWoot) and have made several more,including today, since this incident.These purchases,with less than a handful of exceptions, have lived up to their descriptions and my expectations the vast majority of time.


jarapeles wrote:I have the same problem with the Morphy Richards hand blender. I'll be sending my 2nd broken blender back to woot BUT on my dime. I'm super annoyed that woot isn't stepping up and taking responsibility for misrepresenting the item. I've loved woot until this problem. I'm hoping that I get my refund ASAP after they receive it. It's be nice to get something to make up for the mess up and my cost of shipping yet another defective blender back. Free shipping on a future order or something, anything! If not, I don't know if I'll be buying from woot again.



We realize the severity of this issue, and have decided to refund your shipping costs for the products you returned.

Any other members who have concerns regarding their purchase, please feel free to email us at service@woot.com and we will be glad to help us out.

Sincerely,
Woot Member Services

BurninFire


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BurninFire

Is there a return policy at all if I just simply do not like the product an don't want it?

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
BurninFire wrote:Is there a return policy at all if I just simply do not like the product an don't want it?



This FAQ entry should answer your question.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

michellerene321


quality posts: 0 Private Messages michellerene321

How do i make a return... i was lead to believe the product was something it was not!

Snapster


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster
michellerene321 wrote:How do i make a return... i was lead to believe the product was something it was not!


Generally a return would require purchase of something first. Assuming you purchased something using another account, contact service@woot.com for help or start at "what is woot" at the top right of the page (or the link in the post right before yours) to gain some insight.

If the product is cooler and more neat-o than you were lead to believe, you may also feel free to keep it.

edthebedhead


quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
Snapster wrote:Generally a return would require purchase of something first. Assuming you purchased something using another account, contact service@woot.com for help or start at "what is woot" at the top right of the page (or the link in the post right before yours) to gain some insight.

If the product is cooler and more neat-o than you were lead to believe, you may also feel free to keep it.



Awesome. +1 for Quality Post.

dunlop406


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dunlop406

About how long does it take to get a response from Woot once youve shipped an item back for return? I sent an item back about two weeks ago and never received a verification email that it was received.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dunlop406 wrote:About how long does it take to get a response from Woot once youve shipped an item back for return? I sent an item back about two weeks ago and never received a verification email that it was received.

Give it another few days. They travel back kinda slow and then they have to be processed. And then there's the weekends in there.

If you don't see anything in another couple days, you can email support@woot.com for info.



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders