WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

At some point in the recent past, we asked you to combine a past or current Woot product with some sort of vehicle. Now you know you check Woot at midnight, you check the forums in the morning before you leave for work, and you pull up Woot.com when you get to work. Now, you can commute with Woot, too! Choose your ride:

First Place - $100
bradcrc - Sellecan Enterprise

Get it? Sellecan Enterprise? Also, bradcrc gave us these little gems: 1 2 3 4 5

Second Place - $50
fyrefall - Discocycle

We're all wondering what happens if all the rockets go off at once?

Third Place - $20
mozbrooklyn - Reciprocycle

A green vehicle if ever I saw one!

Honorable Mentions:
bpeterson - Random Crap Redesigned
So, Sgt. Matt Baker, are there any more like you at home?

toby8915 - Mystery Machine
Zoinks! Look what they did to our wheels, Scooby, old buddy, old pal!

wildwolf11 - Mr. Beer Truck
Man, just think if they drove this thing around neighborhoods on hot summer days with a little catchy tune and charged per cup...

easy1 - Roomba People Mover
Ward, are you sure this method of traveling is safe? Absolutely dear, just look at the plush, upholstered seating!

ploeg8393 - HomerMobile
Homer's on his nationwide Dunkin' Donuts tour. And following Mr. Beer Truck tour.

Monkey Prize
ActorTom - I have a bad feeling about this

Get those sausages off the grille, Luke.

Money winners, please email your Paypal info to jtoon@woot.com. Monkey Prize winner, please email your shipping address to jtoon@woot.com. You're still on that deserted island? The monkey won't be able to find you there, silly! You need to get home. If you had one of those inflatable air mattresses, you could use that. Or one of those aqua scooters would be nice, huh. Watch out for the power squids on your way home, though, we hear they sting! Honorable Mentioneers may use coupon code HONMEN-FS for free shipping on a future order. Until next time remember: you learn to swear when you learn to drive, and we have a feeling these Woot vehicles will only hasten the process.

bradcrc

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradcrc

yay, thanks judges. Those bribes I promised will be in the mail tonight! ;)

Congrats everyone, some great stuff for what I thought was a really fun contest.

Enedlhach

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Enedlhach

I think the judges are anti leak frog!

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82

I really did like Bradcrc's Enterprise rendition, even though there were all those shenanigans about the "nacelle" placement! Great job everyone, I think there were many more that could have easily been up there!

EDIT: Due to the fact that it is my daughter's car and barbie in the pictures, I think I'll use the free shipping for a kids item to thank her.

plinth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages plinth

Nice one brad!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

I loved the entries in this contest! It was great fun to look at them all. And General Peterson ;^) was right, there were lots to choose from this time.
In the end, regarding the nacelles, who's to say whether Enterprise-W was designed to reflect that light up front? For that matter, their Chief Engineer may have reinstalled the replacements backwards- it may take a five year mission to figure it out. Dave asked us to make it so, but when we saw we were the only members of the away team wearing red jerseys, we decided to hide inside the captain's quarters.
Talk about roomy!

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

Congrats winners and HM's. Lots of good stuff in this contest, must have been very hard to decide who got HM's and who didn't. It's great to see so many great entries from newbies in this and the last couple of contests. Among the non-winners by newbies, I really liked the starship made of the temperature probe

Thanks for the monkey prize.

FedUpOldHag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FedUpOldHag

congtatz all. There were a lot of funny entries this time.

fyrefall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall

Congrats fellow winners and HMers! Thanks Judges, and this was a fun contest. It was great seeing the nacilliness also.

-FF

easy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easy1

Yea, bradcrc! And others, too! Nice choices!

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

WTG bradcrc, fyrefall, and mozbrooklyn, and the HMer's (and Tom for the monkey) !!! Couldn't have picked em better myself.

Signature censored by Woot

easy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easy1

Now that you've perused the Winner's Circle and all the congratulatory comments, why don't you cruise on over to DODGEBALL and vote for one of the dozen or so entries?
Anywoot can vote! Once. Thx.

mozbrooklyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mozbrooklyn

lol, was wondering how long it takes to get that prize money deposited :P

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
mozbrooklyn wrote:lol, was wondering how long it takes to get that prize money deposited :P

Honorable mention prizes are instant - sort of - if they don't work, just email service and they fix it for ya.

Money winners are paid quarterly. The last one went out around a month ago, so 3 or 4 months should be the next one.

Monkeys are sent out when the powers that be are able to get them out of the rafters and send them out. Hopefully they kept some of the Giant ladders they were selling, because it has taken years for people to get, or not get a monkey

mozbrooklyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mozbrooklyn
toby8915 wrote:Honorable mention prizes are instant - sort of - if they don't work, just email service and they fix it for ya.

Money winners are paid quarterly. The last one went out around a month ago, so 3 or 4 months should be the next one.

Monkeys are sent out when the powers that be are able to get them out of the rafters and send them out. Hopefully they kept some of the Giant ladders they were selling, because it has taken years for people to get, or not get a monkey

I check the paypal address I provided every so often, but meh, no dice.

jingjing52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jingjing52

I thought was a really fun contest.