2%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

uplateanyway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uplateanyway

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

GE Cordless 5.8GHz Triple Handset Phone System with Digital Answering System
$32.99 + $5 shipping
Condition: New
Product: 1 GE 25942EE3 5.8GHz 3 Handset Phone System

prateeko

quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko

Do these phones (with this particular frequency) work well if I'm microwaving or using wireless controllers for the Xbox/PS3/Wii?

compassstl

quality posts: 30 Private Messages compassstl

Oh boy! 3 of those newfangled cordless phones! At 5.8 jigawatts!

Oh wait, I carry something like that in my pocket almost all the time I care to answer a phone. And it has voicemail included. It folds up! Best of all, if I press a button, it springs into its unfolded state! What fun!

Wntrgarnet

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Wntrgarnet

"Ring ring ring ring banana phone do do do do!"

Woot-off Lights & Screaming Monkey
Sandisk Clip 1GB MP3 Player
Samsung Bluetooth Headset
USB Stuff<--:D So much fun!!!!
Ion Audio Portable USB Turntable

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

Ouch. 1 star on average via Buzzillions. Yup, I said One Star.
http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_1263069_general_electric_edge_25942ee3_cordless_reviews

And that's from 9 reviewers.

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

mkidtrigun

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mkidtrigun

What does "Digital Recording Technology" mean? Can you record your phone calls with these?

mjtaylo1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mjtaylo1

Does anyone know what the range is on these things as far as how far you can get away from the handset without it cutting off or getting static-y?

compassstl

prateeko wrote:Do these phones (with this particular frequency) work well if I'm microwaving or using wireless controllers for the Xbox/PS3/Wii?

Actually microwaves can affect them... at least the 15-year-old one we had when I was younger affected our phones at the time.
No idea on the XBox controllers though.

mkidtrigun

Wntrgarnet wrote:"Ring ring ring ring banana phone do do do do!"

"I'll call for Pizza, I'll call my cat! I'll call the White House, have a chat! I'll place a call around the world, Operator, get me Beijing!"

beaniebobo

quality posts: 9 Private Messages beaniebobo

5.8 jiggawatts... I wonder how far one can be from the base before it goes fuzzy?

• 5/15 - woot! Off USB Lights w/Screaming Monkey
  • Vreeland.co

asuderelict

quality posts: 1 Private Messages asuderelict

I'm moving into a 400 sq/ft studio apartment so I mean....it'd be kinda funny I guess....

arribasn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arribasn

Fry's sells Dect 6.0 GE 3 phone handsets with answering machine all the time for $30

Andrew121215

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Andrew121215

Huh... No Wootcast today?

Viscountalpha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Viscountalpha

GE! We bring bad things to light!

I still feel stupid for passing up on those sleeping bags 2 days ago.

stefanokwak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stefanokwak
prateeko wrote:Do these phones (with this particular frequency) work well if I'm microwaving or using wireless controllers for the Xbox/PS3/Wii?

I bought one from Big Lots for 35. Its very static! I have wireless router at home and I think it interferes. I hate it. I think this uses the old technology. Get one for like 60 or 70 dollars that has the interference block.

prateeko

quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko

How far away can you put the two extra headsets? Specifically, up and down (not just on the same place). I'm wondering in terms of keeping these on different floors...

dontbuckme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dontbuckme

No hands free? No way.

jdpikes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdpikes
jessiebyrd004 wrote:Ouch. 1 star on average via Buzzillions. Yup, I said One Star.
http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_1263069_general_electric_edge_25942ee3_cordless_reviews

And that's from 9 reviewers.

Yikes!!

well, I guess that answers the question.

also cheaper here

http://www.consumerdepot.com/products.asp?id=25942EE3R&referer=google

Hoser768

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Hoser768

I got the last Uniden deal for the GF, it's working good. I liked bringing her the phone in the bath and not worrying about it getting wet. At home I rarely answer the phone. If it's important they'll leave a message. I'm waiting for more Roombas!

Listen to me now, or hear me say "I told you so" later.

Selvaje

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Selvaje

My Brother got one of these [single-handset] @ Walgreens for $17. It kinda embrangles, Panasonic is the ONLY cordless phone that I'll ever buy.

Outlaw Jungle Sound Killas!!!

tomm2thumbs

quality posts: 27 Private Messages tomm2thumbs

This would make a perfect wedding gift - this coming from someone who hates going to weddings. Once they open this, word will get out and you'll never get invited to anyone's wedding again. Perfect.

compassstl

Viscountalpha wrote:GE! We bring bad things to light!

I still feel stupid for passing up on those sleeping bags 2 days ago.

...they sell those in stores nowadays. I think they're in the "sporting goods", which translates to "lots of effort required, F5ing skills useless".

compassstl

Selvaje wrote:My Brother got one of these [single-handset] @ Walgreens for $17. It kinda embrangles, Panasonic is the ONLY cordless phone that I'll ever buy.

Hast thou tried Uniden?

sabertoothedpie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sabertoothedpie

I don't have a 5.8 frequency cordless, is intereference less of a problem?

compassstl

If these were Blacktoothed Blueberries they'd be selling a mile a minute.

Actually, that's a good idea. Why not have Bluetooth landlines? Then we could use those headsets while in the house and not annoy or offend anyone but our fellow residents! Wild.

Off to bed, I'm full of snark tonight. :P Sorry!

gbrieva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gbrieva
jdpikes wrote:Yikes!!

also cheaper here

its an an open box item thats cheaper in that site... i hope thats why

staticoverdub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages staticoverdub
jdpikes wrote:Yikes!!

also cheaper here

according to froogle, buying from CD works out to be more expensive after shipping. but if you do want something from there i recommend the refurbed 1 gig ipod shuffles which can be had for $33.

and i really regret missing the sleeping bags. the reviews of this phone system are just awful. for most bad products you'll find at least one 3/5 review from guys trying to convince themselves they didn't just get ripped off... but 9 of 9? that's saying something.

compassstl

sabertoothedpie wrote:I don't have a 5.8 frequency cordless, is intereference better?

Um... LACK of interference would be better, than, say, 1.3 or 2.4... But that's really only noticeable if you're in an interference-inducing establishment. I've never noticed much difference, other than maybe some slightly better clarity with the 5.8 googlehertz units.

compassstl

prateeko wrote:How far away can you put the two extra headsets? Specifically, up and down (not just on the same place). I'm wondering in terms of keeping these on different floors...

Yes, you can have them on multiple floors, or even across houses. My parents have one for each floor, and the base is on the ground floor. My sister's phone works fine up on her top-floor habitat, as does the unit in dad's basement office.

MonkRX

quality posts: 13 Private Messages MonkRX

Are the number keys backlit? I dial in the dark a lot.

chesspieceface

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chesspieceface
mkidtrigun wrote:What does "Digital Recording Technology" mean? Can you record your phone calls with these?

I think that just means the answering machine doesn't use tapes.

You really don't need to record your calls though, if you forget something that was said, you can always send $7.95 to the NSA for a written transcript.

nameless1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nameless1

Transmits at 5.8GHz -- competes with Wifi a/n (at least it's not the b/g most people use) - strike 1

Uses those frequencies in analog (hence reports of static)-- strike 2

No speakerphone. Has headset jack, but none are included. -- strike 3, and I'm outa here.

Markguns

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Markguns
mkidtrigun wrote:What does "Digital Recording Technology" mean? Can you record your phone calls with these?

No tape silly

compassstl

chesspieceface wrote:I think that just means the answering machine doesn't use tapes.

You really don't need to record your calls though, if you forget something that was said, you can always send $7.95 to the NSA for a written transcript.

Wow, we pay their salaries and pay them to tap in on us, and pay for the paper, and they still want $8 for copies of what we said? Sheesh...

probob

quality posts: 12 Private Messages probob

I know someone that has these and intereference is not a problem, but range seems to be... as soon as they get on the other side of their house, the phones get a lot of static.

kayge

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kayge

i've had this phone for a few years. occasionally i'm barely able to hear the person on the other end. also, no speakerphone, and no backlit keys. i can't even dial from caller ID because you can't dial without a 1 'round here. wish i had spent more on a better phone.

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

If it was Philips I'd buy it right now... GE, not so sure about.

mkidtrigun

chesspieceface wrote:I think that just means the answering machine doesn't use tapes.

Markguns wrote:No tape silly

Wow, I can't believe I didn't think of that. Must be one of those nights I guess... *sigh*

Thanks for the explanation!

bwatch27

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bwatch27
sabertoothedpie wrote:I don't have a 5.8 frequency cordless, is intereference less of a problem?

I had a 5.8 cordless and got interference from just about everything - modem, microwave, etc. Got a 2.4 now which is the FCC dedicated frequency for cordless phones so you get no interference.