GallopingCow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GallopingCow
 SuperNinja wrote:
Kind of neat, but it is missing the item which I thought SHOULD be visibly incorporated into the picture, the Dirt Devil".

it was there.
all you could see was the handle sticking up from behind where the banner thing was being sucked in.
i guess you didn't notice it because he did such a great job photoshopping it in. it looked like it actually belonged in the picture. ;)

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
 GallopingCow wrote:
 SuperNinja wrote:
Kind of neat, but it is missing the item which I thought SHOULD be visibly incorporated into the picture, the Dirt Devil".

it was there.
all you could see was the handle sticking up from behind where the banner thing was being sucked in.
i guess you didn't notice it because he did such a great job photoshopping it in. it looked like it actually belonged in the picture. ;)

Are you joking? :?
I have an easier time weeding out frauds than I do jokesters.

I can't see any handle, just the door frame and what looks to be an open door.

GallopingCow

SuperNinja wrote:
 GallopingCow wrote:
 SuperNinja wrote:

it was there.

Are you joking? :?
I have an easier time weeding out frauds than I do jokesters.

I can't see any handle, just the door frame and what looks to be an open door.

the "open door" is the handle. if you look really close you can see the shape of the swiffer handle. it just happens to be bent at the right angle to look like it's the door from the doorway that's in the picture.

SuperNinja

GallopingCow wrote:
the "open door" is the handle. if you look really close you can see the shape of the swiffer handle. it just happens to be bent at the right angle to look like it's the door from the doorway that's in the picture.

Let me change one thing here, I initially thought that was a door, but I am now thinking that that is unlikely, partly because they are using scaffolding. I tend to think it might be a window that can open.

Now, the "handle" looks to be a little too far to the left, for it to be the handle of a dirt devil that is sucking up the sheet.

I still don't think that is a handle.
The only thing that could convince me is if someone could superimpose the WHOLE dirt devil in FRONT of the yellow sheet, and have the handle match up perfectly to the edge of the window?, and still have the bottom of the dirt devil match up to the center of where the sheet is being sucked in.

Having said all that, it really doesn't look like a handle to me, it still just looks like the side of a window, with shadows on it.

GallopingCow

SuperNinja wrote:
Let me change one thing here, I initially thought that was a door, but I am now thinking that that is unlikely, partly because they are using scaffolding. I tend to think it might be a window that can open.

Now, the "handle" looks to be a little too far to the left, for it to be the handle of a dirt devil that is sucking up the sheet.

The only thing that could convince me is if someone could superimpose the WHOLE dirt devil in FRONT of the yellow sheet, and have the handle match up perfectly to the edge of the window?, and still have the bottom of the dirt devil match up to the center of where the sheet is being sucked in.

Having said all that, it really doesn't look like a handle to me, it still just looks like the side of a window, with shadows on it.

i may be wrong. it just looked like it to me. the only thing i had to do was tilt the handle part down a little bit. i thought the original swiffer pic looked more like the "handle" i was seeing in the picture.

Motown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Motown
 GallopingCow wrote:
 SuperNinja wrote:

i may be wrong. it just looked like it to me. the only thing i had to do was tilt the handle part down a little bit. i thought the original swiffer pic looked more like the "handle" i was seeing in the picture.

Cow, zoom that picture. It’s an open window, you can see the top frame connecting to the jam. It’s not in the sun so its harder to see. There is also a reflection in the glass.

GallopingCow

Motown wrote:
 GallopingCow wrote:
 SuperNinja wrote:

Cow, zoom that picture. It’s an open window, you can see the top frame connecting to the jam. It’s not in the sun so its harder to see. There is also a reflection in the glass.

yeah, i saw it better after i looked closer.
i just assumed when i first saw the image that it was the swiffer.
ah well, tried to give the poor guy at least a little credit after all of that negativity, but i guess it didn't work. ;)

ratwithwings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ratwithwings
 SuperNinja wrote:
 Motown wrote:
Ninja, out of curiosity, what was your opinion of the “entry” before you saw what he claimed was the original?

Because saucer didn't show both photos at the beginning, I really didn't have much of an opinion at that point. I also was thinking that saucer might know some photoshop tricks that would make it simple to create the illusion of the wrinkles in the sheet
I didn't suspect that he was trying to fool anyone, and I just looked at the picture and I thought "Ok. Kind of neat, but it is missing the item which I thought SHOULD be visibly incorporated into the picture, the Dirt Devil".

BUT, after I saw what houdini mentioned, I copied the two photos to my hard drive so I could do a better comparison of the two.
After a very brief comparison, I was absolutely sure that houdini was correct and saucer was a fraud.

And once again, I THANK Houdini for raising suspicion, and Ratwithwings for bringing the evidence to close this case.!! :D

Ratwithwings, did you search for and find that picture on your own, or did you send an e-mail to that company to get the link for the picture? :?

Side note:
I was also a little confused when saucer referred to the yellow sheet that was being pulled into the window a "bill". Is that what germans call a banner? :?

after visiting the Stylomat website and not finding the image i did an image search on Google for Stylomat and found the picture.

SuperNinja

GallopingCow wrote:
http://img103.exs.cx/img103/9409/swiffer9sf.jpg

I see what you are talking about now.
It does look similar, but I think it's just coincidence.

SuperNinja

ratwithwings wrote:
after visiting the Stylomat website and not finding the image i did an image search on Google for Stylomat and found the picture.

Ok, I just tried an Image search on google, and this was all that I came up with from stylomat:
http://www.stylomat.com/IntroScreen_1.jpg

What could I be doing wrong here? :?

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

since there are no more contests, we might just as well enjoy past contests.

Signature censored by Woot

Xexus

mlim82480 wrote:

Too funny,
Bravewoman goes back much further than I thought ...

The Hulk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages The Hulk
Xexus wrote:Too funny,
Bravewoman goes back much further than I thought ...

Nice.....

Cathy Thiltgen is the owner of one of the most comprehensive sites for Austin Interior Design You can view her website at Texas Interior Design

Xexus

go