rpcvjeannie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rpcvjeannie

Anyone know if this can work with a Samsung Omnia?

esponjajr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages esponjajr

I kinda like this headset and I would like to know if I can use it with my Samsung Instinct?

mrcmax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrcmax

most recent windows mobile devices have a wide range of bluetooth profile support. you'd have to check the settings under wherever your bluetooth settings are under supported profiles. these use A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP for full functionality including playback controls for audio, and the phone features.

LEEOSWALD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LEEOSWALD
rafcon wrote:UGLY. Thanks but no thanks. goodnight woot!

hey, thats from SNL "CowBell" lol

robinr99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robinr99

http://solsie.com/2007/04/lubix-ubhs-nc1-stereo-bluetooth-headset-reviewed-by-wmexpertscom/
good

Entity325

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Entity325
esponjajr wrote:I kinda like this headset and I would like to know if I can use it with my Samsung Instinct?

rpcvjeannie wrote:Anyone know if this can work with a Samsung Omnia?

etc...

DOES YOUR PHONE HAS BLUETOOTH?

If yes, then it'll at least work as an earpiece. For more information, PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHONE'S USER MANUAL. We here on the comment board are not clairvoyant, and you can look up your phone's specs just as easily as any of us can.

heardr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heardr

I have custom earphone molds that fit on most round earbuds. Just bought these on Woot today,and look forward to adding them to the custom buds. This way, they won't move or fall out of my ears. I've been using these buds on the regular iPhone/iPod earphones. They work great.

Vigilante

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vigilante
heardr wrote:I have custom earphone molds that fit on most round earbuds. Just bought these on Woot today,and look forward to adding them to the custom buds. This way, they won't move or fall out of my ears. I've been using these buds on the regular iPhone/iPod earphones. They work great.

link to these custom molds?

bbflat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbflat

I use the Blue tooth headset to watch TV after the wife goes to bed. Not that I would wear them in public, but late at night in the great room, they are very comfortable.

koneco

quality posts: 16 Private Messages koneco

Unrelated, but ...

R.I.P., MJ.

treMMor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treMMor

After debating all day I finally decided I wanted to buy, only to find I had to choose my 2nd color as Black is sold out.

I'm in TX so have to pay sales tax (ugh) but what I want to know is why they charge sales tax on the shipping charge too?? I was charged $2.06 for tax--the sales tax rate is 8.25% so it should have been just $1.65. It doesn't make sense to charge sales tax on the shipping charge too does it?

jk7777

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jk7777

Screw the i-phone - anybody know if this will work with a CORDLESS phone? I know all the "cool" people are out running around in public with their "cool" i-phones but some of us actually have to spend time behind a desk!!

For me personally, I work in a home office and need a reliable wireless headset. I would like to find a cordless (5.8 or 6.0 Ghz) that can be paired with this headset vs. plugging in a wired headset. Anybody know of a cordless (NOT wireless/cell) phone that will work with this??

elbs1971

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elbs1971
JetFink wrote:I'm not sure that the controls (Play/pause/skip/etc) will work with my iPhone since the 3.0 update didn't add AVRCP support.

But I'll try it away, good price

I don't think it will. I have a pair of Jabra bluetooth stereo headphones and the controls do not work. However, the music does stop when you get a call and resume when the call is over. Hope this helps.

elbs1971

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elbs1971
koneco wrote:Unrelated, but ...

R.I.P., MJ.

I know....so sad...Just had to download the Thriller and Bad albums onto my iPhone. I will listen to them with the headset I purchased today!

srpete

quality posts: 1 Private Messages srpete
treMMor wrote:After debating all day I finally decided I wanted to buy, only to find I had to choose my 2nd color as Black is sold out.

I'm in TX so have to pay sales tax (ugh) but what I want to know is why they charge sales tax on the shipping charge too?? I was charged $2.06 for tax--the sales tax rate is 8.25% so it should have been just $1.65. It doesn't make sense to charge sales tax on the shipping charge too does it?

srpete

quality posts: 1 Private Messages srpete

Sales tax is charged on shipping in TX. Its in the sales tax law. Sorry, each state has their own laws and that is just the way it is. Remember we don't pay state income tax - I would much rather pay a few cents in sales tax on shipping.

adarnell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adarnell
mikeslps wrote:Trust me.....anyone using ANY bluetooth earpiece like a "bluetool". I just created that word with your help. Everyone may feel free to use it. And do we really need to constantly be on the phone?

Perhaps the word you are looking for is "blueDouche"

deathbyblue

quality posts: 2 Private Messages deathbyblue

I'm hoping these work out well. After buying a new Palm Pre and looking at blue tooth prices I hope these suckers last more then 6 months.

Entity325

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Entity325
heardr wrote:I have custom earphone molds that fit on most round earbuds. Just bought these on Woot today,and look forward to adding them to the custom buds. This way, they won't move or fall out of my ears. I've been using these buds on the regular iPhone/iPod earphones. They work great.

Since there's been no visible response to this, I must agree with Vigilante. Links plz?

breeves002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breeves002
Inafets wrote:OK stupid question time, because it's late and I don't see anything about this....

Are these just for the iPhone?

I gave my iPhone up and went with Blackberry because it works better for me.

I might consider these if they would work with my 'berry.

They will work with any bluetooth headphone compatible phone or computer.

enderenya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enderenya

Unfortunately, the iPod Touch 2G only has limited support for the AVRCP profile (meaning only play/pause functionality and NO forward/backward) and NO support for the microphone.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3647

So... you can listen to stereo music, start and stop it, but that's it with the Lubix NC1

joewee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joewee

Unbelievable all the thread crapping in here.
I can't believe people actually think we
care if they like them or not or that they
think they have a better headset.

navychop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages navychop
Baelzar wrote:Why woot it when it's on sale for the same total price on eBay?

You need to do better, Woot. Do some research before putting stuff up here.

Because many of us have learned not to trust eBay.

djcozmik

quality posts: 9 Private Messages djcozmik

Here's hoping these ship faster than my last Woot. (No offense or anything, Woot)

Posted that on another woot and it shipped almost immediately! Here's hoping it works its magic on these too! hoho

thejerm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thejerm
djcozmik wrote:Here's hoping these ship faster than my last Woot. (No offense or anything, Woot)

Posted that on another woot and it shipped almost immediately! Here's hoping it works its magic on these too! hoho

Did it mention smartpost, if it did it'll be a bit longer

djcozmik

quality posts: 9 Private Messages djcozmik
thejerm wrote:Did it mention smartpost, if it did it'll be a bit longer

Oh I just mean actually boxing it and giving it to FedEx. Everything lately has been SmartPost.

I bought a Razer mouse a few weeks ago, and it took almost a week just to make it to FedEx.

bacarty84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bacarty84
jk7777 wrote:Screw the i-phone - anybody know if this will work with a CORDLESS phone? I know all the "cool" people are out running around in public with their "cool" i-phones but some of us actually have to spend time behind a desk!!

For me personally, I work in a home office and need a reliable wireless headset. I would like to find a cordless (5.8 or 6.0 Ghz) that can be paired with this headset vs. plugging in a wired headset. Anybody know of a cordless (NOT wireless/cell) phone that will work with this??

Jabra and several other companies make bluetooth adapters that plug into any 2.5 mm headphone jack. You could make any cordless phone bluetooth capable this way. For example:

http://www.amazon.com/100-94000000-02-Bluetooth-Adapter-Non-Bluetooth-Phones/dp/B001KALOZO/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1246319646&sr=8-22

Otherwise, I was emailed a good deal on a phone with built in bluetooth from buy.com

http://www.buy.com/prod/dect-6-0-cellfusion-caller-id-perp2hs-no-jack/q/loc/111/207993598.html?adid=17992&dcaid=17992

dmbsituation

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmbsituation

Just received my headset today. Looking forward to using them while cycling tomorrow.

Meggeler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Meggeler

Got mine today - works great with my iPod G2. Have a little problem skipping but the pause/resume works fine.

The stereo 3D sound effect is great!

- Later:
I can't get Skype to work. It is not recognized as a microphone. Too bad - back to the wired headset for that.

OlegNL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OlegNL

Cool. Just checked the tracking info for mine, and it says smartpost will deliver it to my place of business on July 4. Uhmm, we're closed that day...

crazypranks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazypranks

Got mine in yesterday. I either got a broken pair or they do not work with the 2nd Gen Iphone(3g) running OS 3.0.When playing music, I get audio in the right headset while the left headset hisses and makes loud variable tones. Does woot take returns?

dae1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dae1

I just got mine an hour ago, and they rock! I'm using it on the G1 with the cupcake update. I sync'd the headset with the phone (some strange reason, it didn't ask for a pass code) and started to listen to music.

I played with the 5 audio settings. I love them! I tried making a phone call, but for some strange reason, I couldn't hear the other person on the BT headset but on the phone's. I'll try again later on.

But they're definitely worth the buy if you have a G1 when the items does come back around.

cjsuther

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjsuther

I just got mine too. I do like them so far. Pairs up with my phone and sounds pretty good.

However, I can't get them to play using my Vista Desktop. I can get them to connect with the 0000 passkey, and all looks good, except Windows keeps telling me I need a driver before it will work. There's no driver disk in the box/on the website. Any idea what Windows is looking for?

dae1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dae1

Ok. Just figured out why I didn't get the phone part working. I had to press the phone button on the headset even though the BT connection established icon was set. Weird, but no big deal.

Wanted to edit and add more. It seems like you have to press the phone button (on headset) once to answer, then pressing it again to talk. But you have to end the call on the phone and can't do it using the headset. I tried using both buttons to end the call but it didn't. I find that weird.

panchitomen3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages panchitomen3

I got mine today and the pause and skip buttons are not working with my Ipod 2G... any suggestions? and the headphone butts are really uncomfortable, I'm about to buy the jabra eargels from amazon.

jdubb21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdubb21

Still waiting for mine just wondering did they come by fed ex or postal.

panchitomen3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages panchitomen3
jdubb21 wrote:Still waiting for mine just wondering did they come by fed ex or postal.

postal (usps) but just to remind you that it has never been delivered to my mailbox, but to my doorstep

toberlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toberlin
jdubb21 wrote:Still waiting for mine just wondering did they come by fed ex or postal.

Me too. Is anyone else having issues with delivery?

InterHmai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InterHmai

Mine just arrived today (Upstate NY).

Works really well on an iPhone 3G (2nd generation).

You can actually get incredibly far (30-40 feet) and it will still play music, but if you try any controls it'll blip out if you're too far out.

The 3d audio is really neat. Play/Pause works, but moving to the next or behind a song doesn't seem to do anything. Probably something on Apple's side.

Garfield226

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Garfield226

Just got mine. Semi-odd note on shipping, it arrived at the local FedEx on Tuesday night, got shipped from there to the USPS this morning, and found its way to my mailbox this afternoon.

Smaller and lighter than I expected. Says you're supposed to charge it completely before using, but I couldn't resist listening to a few seconds of music to see how it sounded before charging it the rest of the way.

Pairing with my iPhone 3G, running 3.0 went perfectly smoothly (even though this is my first Bluetooth headset and didn't really know what I was doing, aside from reading the provided instructions). Music sounds good, and I like the variety of 3D effects. Haven't made any calls.

A note: Fast forward and previous skips WILL NOT work with the iPhone or iPod Touch. See this Apple chart of supported Bluetooth profiles and read the footnote: "iPhone and iPod touch (2nd generation) support pause, play, and stop for AVRCP". I couldn't even get that to work, but that may be due to the low charge on the battery at the time or something else.

Haven't used it beyond just a couple seconds, but preliminarily, at least, I'm happy.

Thanks Woot!