Kbronco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kbronco

letter I wrote to woot ..please add your own story and email them ,maybe they will stop using Smart post and use real fed ex or UPS ... F the post office they are terrible and part of the problem with smart post.

letter:

Stop shipping Fed ex smart post!!!!! people are getting very angry about this service. If and when we know items with be shipped out with this service you will lose business. I can guarantee it. I never got my mp3 player I ordered a while back and now It says that the package i just ordered was delivered , but i never got it. There is no way to track anything smart post.. People spend there money they SPIDERS! GET THEM OFF! the things they buy to be hanging out in limbo not knowing where they are. Come on , you are a company that should care about the people who order items from you , so they will want to order again. Make sure they get what they order and ship it with a tracking number from your door to mine. It is not just buying stuff and hoping it shows up , it is a experience also. Some happy person see's something cool on your site and wants to get it , so they spend thier hard earned money to get it. We do watch the progress of the package from your place with tracking as far as they can until it reaches our hands. But with dumbpost , it is a lazy way for fed ex to drop off who knows how many packages at the post office ( who is stinks also ) and say ok I am done. And the fed ex tracking goes only to the post office and not to me the customer. So now we have to HOPE that the post office can some how go 5 miles in less than 3 weeks to deliver your package without any kind of signature , tracking number or anything. SO right now i am waiting on 2 separate things i ordered , one says it was delivered ( not to me it wasn't )and still did not get it yet , so i am still waiting and hoping it comes , and the other is still in transit. And i have to hope i get that one too.

SO please do all of us and WOOT a favor unless you want to be out of business like lots of other places , get rid of the fedex smart post!! for all our sakes.
A very angry customer who just wants his stuff

surfer8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages surfer8

I recently got screwed by Smart Post also. I never received the item, they have no idea where it is. They suggested that I call Woot and have them ship me a replacement. I think I'm getting screwed here.

Does anyone know how to contact Woot so I can get another one shipped?

Jerry Gibler

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
surfer8 wrote:I recently got screwed by Smart Post also. I never received the item, they have no idea where it is. They suggested that I call Woot and have them ship me a replacement. I think I'm getting screwed here.

email service@woot.com with your order # and problems. If you don't get a response, post a comment in the World of Woot - they seem to respond to problems listed in there.

oopsz

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oopsz
surfer8 wrote:I recently got screwed by Smart Post also. I never received the item, they have no idea where it is. They suggested that I call Woot and have them ship me a replacement. I think I'm getting screwed here.

This happened to one of my first woots (an ipod car charger). Never showed up, the tracking showed "mis-shipped". I emailed woot (service@woot.com) and since the item was sold out, so they refunded my money.

I hope that woot gets reimbursed for lost packages from fedex, and if not that the savings in shipping makes up for the refunds when packages disappear.

Server is too busy
Service Unavailable

becca5656

quality posts: 0 Private Messages becca5656
oopsz wrote:This happened to one of my first woots (an ipod car charger). Never showed up, the tracking showed "mis-shipped". I emailed woot (service@woot.com) and since the item was sold out, so they refunded my money.

I hope that woot gets reimbursed for lost packages from fedex, and if not that the savings in shipping makes up for the refunds when packages disappear.

Woot deserves to not get reimbursed for lost packages...ah, get a different shipper??? I got jipped by Woot. Never again.

capnhuff86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capnhuff86

I just checked to see why my package never came. According to the tracking website it came to my state distribution center then went back to Texas. I called the customer support number. "we cant help you, call this number" I called number two and they can't help me so I have to call woot. Woot has no number so I sent them an E-mail.

Yes woot is not smart for using a crappy shipper.... but the shipper is the one who lost my package not woot. Go to better business Beauro and complaign about smartpost being garbage. I just want what i paid for.

laxls8

quality posts: 3 Private Messages laxls8

I am also annoyed with FedEx SmartPost. I'll start off by saying that whenever possible I use UPS. UPS will ship things from California to Wisconsin in about 3 days (without charging me extra) while FedEx SmartPost takes about 7-10 days for a shorter distance.

Even more annoyingly, FedEx Smart Post takes at least an extra day to ship to my school residence. I live in a dormitory on my campus, and the FedEx and UPS trucks are here every day except for [i]maybe[i] Saturday (of course there is no mail on Sundays). Even so, my orders from Woot get taken to the local USPS office, where it sits an extra day because FedEx doesn't get my packages to USPS in time for the daily delivery to my dorm.

I really wish that Woot would take our frustrations into account and change to a different shipping company

Random Carps:
04-01-09
09-22-10
12-06-11
03-22-12

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
laxls8 wrote:I am also annoyed with FedEx SmartPost. I'll start off by saying that whenever possible I use UPS. UPS will ship things from California to Wisconsin in about 3 days (without charging me extra) while FedEx SmartPost takes about 7-10 days for a shorter distance.

Even more annoyingly, FedEx Smart Post takes at least an extra day to ship to my school residence. I live in a dormitory on my campus, and the FedEx and UPS trucks are here every day except for [i]maybe[i] Saturday (of course there is no mail on Sundays). Even so, my orders from Woot get taken to the local USPS office, where it sits an extra day because FedEx doesn't get my packages to USPS in time for the daily delivery to my dorm.

I really wish that Woot would take our frustrations into account and change to a different shipping company

Ok, I think FedEx have SmartPost division for a reason. So, People will get pizzed and spend more for FedEx express / fast etc.,

Same reason Woot prints Xmas Tees the day before Xmas. Atleast that's what i heard ;)

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

Meh, I've never had any problems with SmartPost other than long shipping times. Initially I was upset with Woot because they pulled smart post out of no where and didn't warn us... I whined until they started notifying us that something would be shipped smart post. Now that they let us know, I don't really care much. It's not the end of the world.

Last Post

ericmorin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericmorin

12 days and counting since my order from April 1 that entered the Fedex realm on April 7. I too consider this "service" of Fedex a failure.

cortes121

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cortes121

I do find FedEx service appalling at times. UPS can usually get things to me here in California within 4 days. I recently bought something that was shipped fedex and it has already been more than 7 days...

My Woot items usually take longer than needed as well.

windmaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages windmaker

Give us the option to pay for better shipping.

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

I think I may be one of the few people around who actually prefers to get things shipped Smartpost.

See, I live in a building without a doorman to accept packages, so anything that gets left at the door gets stolen. Often times FedEx or UPS won't even leave packages which means I have to haul my ass out to their warehouses in the South Bronx or Way West Manhattan which is a real pain in the butt.

With Smartpost, on the other hand, if a package can't be delivered for any reason, it stays waiting for me in the Post Office which is literally across the street from my apartment. This is much, much, much more convinient for me than either normal FedEx or UPS.

I know that I'm probably the anomaly here, but for what it's worth I love that Woot ships using Smartpost. They should give the option on regular Woot to have overnight though so that those of you who want to get it delivered by FedEx or UPS could do so.

MoscowMidnight

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MoscowMidnight

Regular FedEx is fine.
UPS is near-great.
Post Office is so-so.

But FedEx GROUND is the worst delivery service on earth.

Listen to this, people...

Those FedEx GROUND drivers are NOT even FedEx employees. They are independent contractors who RENT the truck from FedEx. There is no accountability. Who knows how many of the many, many Woot packages that aren't delivered are simply thown away or stolen by the drivers?

The FedEx GROUND drivers who serve my neighborhood CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH. Do you think that interferes with their ability to do their job? Think how many ways it could interfere.

Finally, when they do deliver, they don't knock on the door or ring the doorbell. They just leave the package in plain sight on the stairs to my front door. And guess what often happens?

bgtx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgtx

I ordered my item on 04/21 and I drive by Woot's distribution center every day on my way to the office... Today is the 28th and the item has not arrived at my home, but it arrived at the local USPS center today so I will get the item on the 30th/31st.

9/10 days delivery time and the distribution center is less than 10 miles from home? The Pony Express was able to move mail between the Atlantic and Pacific coasts in the same amount of time and that was 150 years ago! It's 2010 Woot, get with it, command a better customer experience and change your shipping methods.

rhondalikestoquilt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhondalikestoquilt

Smartpost is horrible. Shirt ordered April 13, it is now April 30 and I haven't received it yet. Called Fed Ex, and they say to call woot. Honestly, why does this take so long??? When I look at the tracking page, it looks like it is aimlessly hopping around post office to post office. Love woot, but hate the shipping. Is it a deal breaker? Almost.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rhondalikestoquilt wrote:Smartpost is horrible. Shirt ordered April 13, it is now April 30 and I haven't received it yet. Called Fed Ex, and they say to call woot. Honestly, why does this take so long??? When I look at the tracking page, it looks like it is aimlessly hopping around post office to post office. Love woot, but hate the shipping. Is it a deal breaker? Almost.

Did you see the staff response in the other thread? She asked you to contact service@woot.com so they can help you out.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

bgtx

bgtx wrote:I ordered my item on 04/21 and I drive by Woot's distribution center every day on my way to the office... Today is the 28th and the item has not arrived at my home, but it arrived at the local USPS center today so I will get the item on the 30th/31st.

9/10 days delivery time and the distribution center is less than 10 miles from home? The Pony Express was able to move mail between the Atlantic and Pacific coasts in the same amount of time and that was 150 years ago! It's 2010 Woot, get with it, command a better customer experience and change your shipping methods.

Update to my previous post... May 5th and the item has still not arrived. It has been 'in transit' via USPS since 04/27. I was overly optimistic to expect the item would arrive within 10 days. Maybe it will arrive in 15 (tomorrow). Pathetic, I've received items shipped from Australia quicker... never again.

gwintner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gwintner

Umm ... first of all, did anybody notice that the original poster seemed a little off their rocker? But never mind that. Just want to mention that Amazon manages to ship things with amazing speed at no cost to the consumer - so much so that I would never pay them extra to ship something by one of the "faster" methods because I'm so confident that it will get to me as fast as possible regardless - and Woot should send a spy there and figure out how they do it. My Woot items always take painstakingly long to get to me.

KittyZoso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KittyZoso

They have sent my package in a circle! It went from Texas to Wisconsin, then Indianapolis, THEN Indianapolis AGAIN, then Wisconsin AGAIN. I chatted with Fed Ex rep Tonya, who suggested I call the 800 number, and George the rep there could not answer why the package didn't go from Indy to Lafayette, and suggested I speak with their SmartPost rep Rebecca. She also said all she could tell me was the commitment date for delivery was 5/11. Well, the commitment date WAS today (5/7) until I checked today and discovered it went in a circle. And nobody at their end can answer why.

Date/Time
Activity Location
May 7, 2010 6:43 AM
Departed FedEx location NEW BERLIN, WI

May 6, 2010 2:29 PM
Arrived at FedEx location NEW BERLIN, WI

May 6, 2010 1:01 AM
Departed FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN

May 5, 2010 3:03 PM
Arrived at FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN

May 5, 2010 1:53 AM

May 5, 2010 12:00 AM
Shipment information sent to USPS
LAFAYETTE, IN

May 4, 2010 11:41 PM

May 4, 2010 7:44 AM

May 3, 2010 4:51 PM

May 1, 2010 3:01 AM
Departed FedEx location DALLAS, TX

Apr 30, 2010 2:57 PM
Arrived at FedEx location DALLAS, TX

KittyZoso

After speaking with Tonya, George and Rebecca, who assured me that the commitment date of 5/11 would not change, it has! Here's the latest tour info:

Ship date: Apr 30, 2010
Estimated delivery: May 13, 2010

Date/Time
Activity Location
May 11, 2010 1:57 AM

May 10, 2010 10:38 PM

May 10, 2010 7:54 AM
At USPS facility LAFAYETTE, IN
Tendered to USPS for delivery - Allow one to two additional days for delivery

May 9, 2010 11:08 PM

May 7, 2010 8:37 PM

May 7, 2010 6:43 AM

May 6, 2010 2:29 PM

KittyZoso

After speaking with Carm at the 800 number, she said something about the scans being out of order and that the last two were "Fed Ex Compliance Scans" whatever that is. She said once it says "Tendered to USPS for delivery - Allow one to two additional days for delivery" the local post office has it and it should be delivered in a day or two.

I just checked again and another line is displayed:

May 11, 2010 2:27 PM

And the estimated delivery date has changed AGAIN, to May 14, 2010.

So...w t f? It takes two full business weeks to ship something from Texas to Indiana using this method? I don't think they have a clue at Fed Ex.

Woot, please find a way to fix this or STOP USING SMARTPOST! Is it too late to cancel my order?

deathcipris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deathcipris

I am pretty upset that I was forced to use SmartPost to get my woot shipped to me. I have had horrible, horrible experiences with this economical type shipping and I would at least have preferred a choice in shipping. I am already prepared for my item to sit around aimlessly at the "sortation facility" for God knows how long. That will be the last time I overlook something is inane as shipping methods.

KittyZoso

The saga contniinues...

May 12, 2010 12:41 AM

That makes the 5th time it allegedly departed Indianapolis since May 4th. ???

see for yourself:

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?tracknumbers=02185456301070512073

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 132 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

KittyZoso wrote:The saga contniinues...

see for yourself:

Looking at your ...everything, it seems like it was sent fine, address is fine, the problem seems to lie with SmartPost. Though most of the time SmartPost doesn't screw up this badly (honestly, stop laughing), sometimes something like this will happen and all we can assume is that it accidentally got on the wrong truck and is being sent in a different direction, but it should be redirected when they realize their mistake.

Basically, there's not much we can do at this point. There's still an ETA and it seems like there have been recent scans, it *should* make it to you, but please email in if you see an exception.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
KittyZoso wrote:The saga contniinues...

see for yourself:

Kinda makes you wonder if somewhere along the line there was some scrambled info on the label. Perhaps part of the label was mangled or missing, and some person at FedEx seeing "Lafayette" assumed it was to go to Louisiana, so they "corrected" the text portion of the label.

That would make it such that the FedEx sorting facility reads the barcode portion, sends it off to the post office in IN, the post office there reads the text portion and assumes it's in the wrong state and pushes it back to the FedEx sorting facility where the machines reads the barcode section and again reverse the path. And so it bounces back and forth over and over again...

KittyZoso

agingdragqueen wrote:There's still an ETA and it seems like there have been recent scans, it *should* make it to you, but please email in if you see an exception.

The ETA was May 7, then May 11, then May 13, then May 14th. What are the chances that it will show up then vs. just extending the ETA some more?

bgtx

bgtx wrote:Update to my previous post... May 5th and the item has still not arrived. It has been 'in transit' via USPS since 04/27. I was overly optimistic to expect the item would arrive within 10 days. Maybe it will arrive in 15 (tomorrow). Pathetic, I've received items shipped from Australia quicker... never again.

Updated to my previous posts... May 11th and the item has not arrived. I called USPS and had to spend 5min convincing the USPS rep that the issue was with USPS and not FedEx. The USPS rep was adamant that I contact FedEx to resolve the issue even though the FedEx tracking information showed FedEx delivered the item to USPS on 04/27. Then the USPS rep was confused why FedEx would deliver the package to USPS instead of directly to me... Apparently oblivious that USPS partnered with FedEx.

Then the USPS rep started asking me questions about the item:

"How big is the package"… How would I know, I haven't received it.
"How much does it weigh"… Check the FedEx deliver notification, the weight is provided.

After several seemingly meaningless questions I asked what the purpose was. She stated she would call out to the carrier to see if he remembered seeing any packages that met the description I provided. SERIOUSLY... that is the USPS means of tracking packages, relaying descriptions to the carrier?

I have initiated contact with Woot to start the refund process…

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 132 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

KittyZoso wrote:The ETA was May 7, then May 11, then May 13, then May 14th. What are the chances that it will show up then vs. just extending the ETA some more?

Not positive. They extend the ETA sometimes when something has gone wrong (here, it's probably hopped the wrong truck as I imagined). When the ETA disappears, that's the signal that it may have been lost but not with certainty even then, since we have to wait a while after the last scan before we can call it lost/file a claim.

The change of ETA does happen on packages that are not getting screwed up, so that in itself is not worrisome (just SmartPostish). The worst signs on a package are an exception or a sudden halt in scans. I would assume, from what I know of this package, that it will deliver correctly albeit somewhat later than possible.

nateobie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nateobie

Delivery Estimate checked on March 29th : June 2nd
Delivery Estimate checked on June 1st: June 4th
Delivery Estimate checked on June 3rd: June 7th

Jun 3, 2010 2:14 AM Departed FedEx location NORTHBOROUGH, MA

Jun 3, 2010 12:00 AM Shipment information sent to USPS NEW HAVEN, CT

Jun 2, 2010 3:57 PM Arrived at FedEx location NORTHBOROUGH, MA

Jun 1, 2010 9:41 PM At USPS facility NORTHBOROUGH, MA Tendered to USPS for delivery - Allow one to two additional days for delivery

May 30, 2010 8:41 PM Departed FedEx location MARTINSBURG, WV

May 30, 2010 10:42 AM Arrived at FedEx location MARTINSBURG, WV

May 29, 2010 12:39 PM At USPS facility MARTINSBURG, WV Tendered to USPS for delivery - Allow one to two additional days for delivery

May 28, 2010 5:18 AM Departed FedEx location DALLAS, TX

May 28, 2010 2:49 AM Arrived at FedEx location DALLAS, TX

hack201a

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hack201a

I have issues with mail going to the wrong house and never getting it back so anytime I expect or order anything online I track it like a hawk. When something comes SmartPost it seems the tracking just stops.

Case in point: I am expecting a package now and the last entry was "tendered to USPS" and that was on 06/02/10 and so far no package and no record of package with USPS 4 days later.

I pay for FedEx I expect FedEX.

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007
hack201a wrote:I have issues with mail going to the wrong house and never getting it back so anytime I expect or order anything online I track it like a hawk. When something comes SmartPost it seems the tracking just stops.

Case in point: I am expecting a package now and the last entry was "tendered to USPS" and that was on 06/02/10 and so far no package and no record of package with USPS 4 days later.

The items are clearly marked with FedEx SmartPost on the description.

Not to mention you aren't really paying for FedEx shipping, if you were the cost would be much higher.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
hack201a wrote:I have issues with mail going to the wrong house and never getting it back so anytime I expect or order anything online I track it like a hawk. When something comes SmartPost it seems the tracking just stops.

Are you saying you paid the $5 and it still went Smartpost? Because that is a different issue than being unhappy with SmartPost, which is the default free shipping option.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13

has anyone else been experiencing longer than normal shipping times lately? i live in chicago, so normally if i order a shirt, its in my hands about a week later. the last one i ordered was almost 2 1/2 weeks.

its not that i am in a rush to get the shirts, it just that i have been burned in the past where i never received the shirt, and after two weeks i contact woot, only to have the shirt already gone from the reckoning and woot has none left so i get a refund. but i don't want a refund, i just want my shirt.

still waiting for skirochester's "deforestation".......

and yes i have attempted teetrade, but to no avail.

Happy Beer.

aprhansen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aprhansen

For the love of all things pure in this world - STOP USING SMARTPOST. I would rather be bound and gagged, forced to watch countless hours of Jersey Shore in a room full of angry wasps then have to deal with the reamers at Smartpost. Hell, I will HAPPILY pay an extra few bucks to be able to recieve my purchases within a remotely reasonable amount of time.

djl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djl

Just lost a package due to FEDEX Smart POST. First time I wasn't home for a WOOT package, and it disappears. I usually go UPS because they require a signature for most items, but FEDEX thinks it's wise to not ask for a signature and leave a package in a hall way of an apartment.

joroboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joroboy

What the hell is going here... I'm really pissed off... 15 days to deliver my order!!! Woooootttt... you got to be kidding me... I'll never purchase a thing from you again...I don't want to use stronger words to describe how I really feel...Scrd up .... You think I'll stop here.. no.. I'll write about you in every single forum I find, and I'll tell as many people as I can about your awful shipping ...

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
joroboy wrote:What the hell is going here... I'm really pissed off... 15 days to deliver my order!!! Woooootttt... you got to be kidding me... I'll never purchase a thing from you again...I don't want to use stronger words to describe how I really feel...Scrd up .... You think I'll stop here.. no.. I'll write about you in every single forum I find, and I'll tell as many people as I can about your awful shipping ...

But think of the heightened sense of building anticipation while waiting you'll miss.

In the end only kindness matters

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce

SmartPost hates me.

neonbrite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neonbrite

Smartpost is toooooooo slow........... ughhh lol we need more options!

HANDMADE CANDY JEWELRY + SWEET ACCESORIES! Check out my shop!