lespaul75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lespaul75

Smartpost sucks, no more Woots for me

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
lespaul75 wrote:Smartpost sucks, no more Woots for me

Actually I have not had a problem with Smart Post other than having boxes arriving in shreds (contents amazingly OK). $5 shipping is a bargain, though, because when I send something up to Atlanta or out to the West Coast myself, I inevitably spend plu/minus $10.

king66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages king66
Kbronco wrote:letter I wrote to woot ..please add your own story and email them ,maybe they will stop using Smart post and use real fed ex or UPS ... F the post office they are terrible and part of the problem with smart post.

letter:

Stop shipping Fed ex smart post!!!!! people are getting very angry about this service. If and when we know items with be shipped out with this service you will lose business. I can guarantee it. I never got my mp3 player I ordered a while back and now It says that the package i just ordered was delivered , but i never got it. There is no way to track anything smart post.. People spend there money they too many cookies the things they buy to be hanging out in limbo not knowing where they are. Come on , you are a company that should care about the people who order items from you , so they will want to order again. Make sure they get what they order and ship it with a tracking number from your door to mine. It is not just buying stuff and hoping it shows up , it is a experience also. Some happy person see's something cool on your site and wants to get it , so they spend thier hard earned money to get it. We do watch the progress of the package from your place with tracking as far as they can until it reaches our hands. But with dumbpost , it is a lazy way for fed ex to drop off who knows how many packages at the post office ( who is stinks also ) and say ok I am done. And the fed ex tracking goes only to the post office and not to me the customer. So now we have to HOPE that the post office can some how go 5 miles in less than 3 weeks to deliver your package without any kind of signature , tracking number or anything. SO right now i am waiting on 2 separate things i ordered , one says it was delivered ( not to me it wasn't )and still did not get it yet , so i am still waiting and hoping it comes , and the other is still in transit. And i have to hope i get that one too.

SO please do all of us and WOOT a favor unless you want to be out of business like lots of other places , get rid of the fedex smart post!! for all our sakes.
A very angry customer who just wants his stuff

Agree, Agree, Agree. I\’ve been waiting 15 business days for one package & 12 for another. Both packages are coming from retailers of nearby states. What a joke. And accountability- NONE. Your left out in the cold. The retailers shipped & the post office has not received. Just wait they all say. So as if I have a choice, wait-wait-wait it\’s been. Half a month & still empty handed, empty wallet, EMPTY PROMISE. SMARTPOST \”PONYEXPRESS POST\”. Fedex should be embarrased to be associated with such a flop.

adriyyah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adriyyah

Last woot-off i ordered the Razer Orochi Wired/Wireless Gaming Mouse. It was supposedly delivered on the 21st of October. After getting the runaround from the post office for over a week, I contacted support and explained the situation. They did gave me a refund, but i'm still a little too weary to buy anything.

bucckevin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bucckevin

Smartpost is the absolute worst shipping method, it's slower than regular parcel or first class mail. I'd rather be paying 7-8 bucks for priority mail or ups ground. $5 smartpost is only good if you purchase something that is really large. $5 smartpost for something like a a small mp3 player is a rip off since they only pay like 50-75 cent to ship.

I'm sure a company like woot, with their large volume of shipping, could make a deal with UPS for cheap ground shipping that would be around 5 bucks or less. As it is right now, woot is probably making an extra $4 for every $5 they charge for smartpost.

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl
adriyyah wrote:Last woot-off i ordered the Razer Orochi Wired/Wireless Gaming Mouse. It was supposedly delivered on the 21st of October. After getting the runaround from the post office for over a week, I contacted support and explained the situation. They did gave me a refund, but i'm still a little too weary to buy anything.

30% of my SmartPost orders claim they are delivered but I never got them. The post office is woefully incompetent. They are no help either, they say they are going to look into it and call me back but that never happens. I am in your boat, no more Woot for me unless there is a way around this SmartPost bs.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

justinbroce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinbroce

I would happily pay a couple of dollars more for UPS. It's faster, more efficient, and completely trackable. One poster asked how does Amazon do shipping so well -- one acranym answer -- UPS! Smart Post is NOT smart! Its bottom of the barrel cheap and thus unreliable, slow, and generally sucky.

bsadera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsadera

Sadly I am now in the same boat; waiting almost a month now. I called the post office and they're no help. Sadly my brother won't be getting a sweet woot shirt for xmas, just a sob story about how sucky smart post is.

Tracking results as of Dec 12, 2011 9:29 AM CST

Date/Time Location/Activity
Dec 10, 2011 7:52 AM COPPELL, TX/In transit
Nov 30, 2011 9:03 AM PARKVILLE, MD/Out for delivery
Nov 29, 2011 2:14 PM PARKVILLE, MD/At U.S. Postal Service facility
Nov 29, 2011 7:30 AM PARKVILLE, MD/In transit
Nov 28, 2011 10:19 PM FEDEX SMARTPOST MARTINSBURG, WV/Departed FedEx location
Nov 28, 2011 3:20 AM FEDEX SMARTPOST MARTINSBURG, WV/Arrived at FedEx location
Nov 28, 2011 12:00 AM /Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service
Nov 24, 2011 2:07 AM FEDEX SMARTPOST DALLAS, TX/Departed FedEx location
Nov 23, 2011 7:25 PM FEDEX SMARTPOST DALLAS, TX/Arrived at FedEx location
Nov 23, 2011 4:30 PM /Shipment information sent to FedEx

kmjjnj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmjjnj

According to my Fedex tracking number, my item is on it's way to the main location. Well that was on January 28th. Same status as of February 4th. SMH

wangowezz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wangowezz

Some sort of dedicated shipping service like Shoprunner would be great for frequent wooters.
hint hint woot...

vegghead6572

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vegghead6572

I agree, I ordered the valentines card combo and what I got was a brown envelope and it looked like someone took a huge bite out of it...nothing else. They delivered the envelope and kept the contents. Woot monkeys were helpful and refunded me my $$$ but now I didnt have any vday cards to give to friends or enemies...smart post sucks and apparently they eat the mail. Maybe it could be free smart post or add $3 for regular ups...

nccarpetbagger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nccarpetbagger

Shipping via USPS is awful, taking over 4 days to get 90 miles once handoff made from FEDEX. I am an active Wooter and would pay a shipping premium to avoid the USPS.

modernchaot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages modernchaot

I seem to be quite lucky because I never ever had trouble with Smartpost. In fact, my new shirt arrived a day earlier than FedEx expected it. In my area I would rather avoid UPS because of such incompetent fools that throw tablets over my fence.

I make YouTube videos: youtube.com/lufthansa7478

I also have shirts to trade, so PM me... I dare you to!

mbrickell

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mbrickell

Smartpost makes me want to kill kittens. I would gladly pay an extra $5 if there was an option to choose an alternate shipping method. You hear this, woot!? Something tells me a LOT of people agree with me.

Give us a $5 and $10 shipping option. Please for the love of all that is holy.

Now, don't get me wrong. Feel free to ship my Elvis oil painting SP. But my $250 Xoom? Come on.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
mbrickell wrote:Smartpost makes me want to kill kittens. I would gladly pay an extra $5 if there was an option to choose an alternate shipping method. You hear this, woot!? Something tells me a LOT of people agree with me.

Give us a $5 and $10 shipping option. Please for the love of all that is holy.

Now, don't get me wrong. Feel free to ship my Elvis oil painting SP. But my $250 Xoom? Come on.

Yes, but I doubt it would be cost effective, you are going to be talking at least ten.

Still single, can't imagine why.

bratib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratib
FenStar wrote:Yes, but I doubt it would be cost effective, you are going to be talking at least ten.

$5 additional + $5 original = $10

txjuju

quality posts: 0 Private Messages txjuju

Adding my voice to the angry mob with pitchforks:

Woot mailed May 15

No delivery as of today, May 30

Four visits to PO, they cannot find the package though the tracking information indicates that they received it on May 17.

What else can I do? I have left two messages with Woot Service.

Chicken wrangler

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001

FedEx handles it's part of the job just fine. The USPS is the one dropping the ball on these shipments as it's handed off to them when it's within a certain range of the destination.

I caught my mail-lady trying to jam an 8" box into my considerably smaller mailbox and asked her a number of questions pertaining to both her way of logic and the USPS' interpretation of Smartpost.
Accd'g to her, Smartpost is still being tested and delivery really is not the responsibility of the USPS (DOH!) She said FedEx makes all the money and the postal workers "do all the work".

Since there is no accountability for deliveries on the part of the postal service, I say the whole system be abolished.

cappy5980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cappy5980

Having an issue myself with smartpost.

Jun 2, 2012 2:55 PM
Delivered
*** CITY, FL
Package delivered by U.S. Postal Service to addressee
Jun 2, 2012 9:08 AM
At U.S. Postal Service facility
***, FL
Arrived at local Post Office - Allow one to two additional days for delivery

I work for USPS. There's no way a package we just received in our facility at 9:08 a.m. is going out with a carrier that same day. Its a shipment we receive after our cut off time... by the time the clerks sort the packages, the carriers would already be headed for the street to deliver. So, that 2:55 p.m. delivery is bull****. Anything we receive after our cutoff time is held until the next delivery day. Also, there would be an "out for delivery" scan that our clerks input when they sort the packages into our individual route gurneys. There is no such scan on my history.

Fishy.

wadehiers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wadehiers

Woot PLEASE... listen to your customers!!!! SmartPost is an oxymoron. They are the worst shipping service offered. It's not the Post Office, it's the foolish foolic FedEx part of this disservice that screws it up. I live in central Texas, (near Austin). I am now waiting for the 4th or 5th time for a package shipped from Woot in Dallas to get to me in Austin. This time it's gone through Houston... in the past I've had packages go from Woot/Dallas to Me/Austin by way of SACRAMENTO!!!!! FedEx's SmartPost people are foolish fools... The postal Service would get my woots to me in half the time it takes FedEx! 9 days from Dallas to Austin is unacceptable and happens far too much.. I could ride my bicycle round trip to Dallas in less time!

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

I have had 100% luck with woot shipping until my last shirt order.

It was decided by the shipping company that the address that I have been using on woot perfectly fine since almost day 1 is magically invalid and they sent the shirt back to woot.

I'll be e-mailing service.woot

that was fun while it lasted!