WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

At some point in the recent past, we asked you to show us where the Woot bloggers should go next, and what we should do there. Some of you picture your Woot staff in the straaaangest situations. I'm not going to mention any names. bradcrc.

First Place - $100
bradcrc - My eyes! My eyes!

If your eyes still work, see also Exhibit A.

Second Place - $50
fyrefall - ye Olde Woot

They say a man should always dress for the job he wants; so why am I dressed up like a peasant at ye Olde Woot's storefront? (And who's that fetching young lass in the blue sleeveless top?)

Third Place - $20
Toadlet - Running of the Woot Staff

The bulls bravely endure their adrenaline-filled dash from danger that is the Woot Staff Run.

Honorable Mentions:

toby8915 - Do I smell brimstone?

'Cause Toby's going to hell for this one.

wildwolf11 - 2009 A Woot Odyssey
"Open the pod bay doors, HAL." "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

Xexus - What a Go-Getter
If you listen carefully you can hear "We Got the Beat" and "Our Lips Are Sealed" in the background.

FedUpOldHag - Tribbles Convention
The trouble with tribbles is that they will never ever go away.

majit - Disney Vacation
Looks like someone brought a refurb camera on their Disney vacation. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Monkey Prize
DarthJay - Wonka Bar

Can we get a Woota Bar? With a Pope Hat? Anyone? Anyone...?

Money winners, please email your Paypal info to jtoon@woot.com. Monkey Prize winner, please email your shipping address to jtoon@woot.com. Here's something to think about: What do you call a monkey holding a stick of dynamite? Honorable Mentioneers may use coupon code HONMEN-FS for free shipping on a future order. Until next time remember: The next time you're at the Renaissance Faire, the running of the bulls, the Tribble convention, or some convention that lets men dress up in booth babe bikinis, look for the Woot staff. They're totally taking notes. Answer: ¡ɯooqɐq ɐ

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

Congrats Bradcrc, FyreFall, Toadlet and everyone else. And thanks for the HM too, that was unexpected.

Signature censored by Woot

Toadlet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet

Congrats winners!

(pats self on back)

I appear to be melting.

FedUpOldHag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FedUpOldHag

congratz all.

p.s. Congratz to Woot for posting Contest 255 winners 30 weeks early!

fyrefall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall

Thanks judges!! And congrats fellow winners!

Also a thank you to winnie71 for her tiedye of Pandora's Friends. I used it on one of the crowd.

olpmcg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olpmcg

Great entries! Lets see if they pay about the same time. ;)

bradcrc

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradcrc

congrats winners, thanks judges.

wildwolf11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildwolf11
FedUpOldHag wrote:congratz all.

Second that! For a minute I was afraid I had slept through 28 contests.

Congrats, all!

DarthJay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay

Huzzah!! Monkey Prize!!!

(I didn't even know I entered contest 255)

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
FedUpOldHag wrote:congratz all.

ah! 29 weeks free of judging!

DarthJay

I know this has probably been asked a zillion times...but what is the meaning of the monkey prize?

(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

tehpwnerer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tehpwnerer
DarthJay wrote:I know this has probably been asked a zillion times...but what is the meaning of the monkey prize?

It means that if you send your mailing address to Jason and wait several decades, you might receive one of these hot monkeys with a randomly chosen cape color.

EDIT: This pic is even more hot!

DarthJay

Well - I understand what you get...but what qualifies you for that particular prize?

Worst entry of the week?

Nice try but not worth any money?

You must be punished for this travisty?

etc...

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
DarthJay wrote:Well - I understand what you get...but what qualifies you for that particular prize?

Worst entry of the week?

etc...

Yes.

The monkey prize is widely thought of as the most elusive of all contest prizes. Well, that's how I think of it, anyway, seeing as how that's the one thing I never was able to win around here. Now I get to burden others with the painful affliction known as the "monkey wait". As in, "Man, I can't get rid of this itchy monkey wait." or "It took me 3 years before I was cured of the monkey wait."

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom
DarthJay wrote:Well - I understand what you get...but what qualifies you for that particular prize?

Worst entry of the week?

etc...

On various occasions, I think all of the above were used, plus a few more

...thinking WAY outside the box,

...non sequitur

...great idea badly done

...bad idea greatly done

...did you even read this week's topic?

...you were obviously on drugs when you made it and didn't share them with the judges

...etc., etc., etc.

tehpwnerer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tehpwnerer
ActorTom wrote:...did you even read this week's topic?

Please, don't remind me.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Worst entry of the week?

etc...

My guess is that in this case it has to do with the missed opportunity. There's a candy bar. It's name starts with a glorious "W-O-" and it has a space for the famous Pope Hat woot logo for a new release. It could easily have been made into a WOOTA! bar. sigh. coulda been a contenda.

DarthJay

Only been doing these for a few weeks - I'm not familiar with the Woot Pope Hat. Anyone want to fill me in?

bradcrc

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradcrc
DarthJay wrote:Only been doing these for a few weeks - I'm not familiar with the Woot Pope Hat. Anyone want to fill me in?

http://www.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx

DarthJay

Got it - thanks brad!