bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

Anyone know the weight of the suitcases? The way the airlines are charging now, every ounce counts. What about dimensions other than height? Thanks!

echelon7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages echelon7
wanpakumono wrote:How sturdy are these wheels? Will they handle airport luggage handlers?

ALL spinners will get snapped off. You want luggage with recessed inline skate wheels. There's a 29" set on Overstock for $53, and also they're recommended by the airline industry:
http://www.overstock.com/Luggage-Bags/Amsterdam-29-inch-Rolling-Upright-with-Bonus-Tote-Bag/3296599/product.html

rtameo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rtameo
yeawuteva wrote:anyone have this know if there are hidden compartments?

They are so well hidden that no one has found them yet!

gty

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gty

I need luggage for a trip leaving July 13. If I knew for a fact I would receive the shipment by then I would definitely buy! What are my chances? I'm in Las Vegas.

hpconley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hpconley
prateeko wrote:As far as luggage goes, I recommend the more uncommon/outrageous/ugly colors (purple or red/pink in this case) since less people have them (most have black, navy blue, dark brown, etc) and thus it's easier to spot your bagges when you get off the plane.

Of course, if you and another wooter who also takes me advice should cross paths you will have no choice to but duel to the death in a winner-take-all-luggage battle royale.

nice post.

Shh, don't tell my wife!

mecha2142

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mecha2142

According to a page on cragislist, these go for $200 per set. http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/clo/1202620705.html

Lunarbeam4477

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lunarbeam4477
fuchef wrote:Would the Shoulder Tote be considered a MAN PURSE??

no such thing as a MAN PURSE, it's called a "satchel."

bootlegzani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bootlegzani

Bought 1 in Purple.

fuchef

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuchef
Lunarbeam4477 wrote:no such thing as a MAN PURSE, it's called a "satchel."

With $80,000 dollars in chips?? I'll take it..!

insurgent

quality posts: 1 Private Messages insurgent

"Cheaper than a scratching post!"

And that would be the reason I'm looking at these. You should see the old set. Though scratching post luggage tends to be easy to spot on the carousel!

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff
prateeko wrote:As far as luggage goes, I recommend the more uncommon/outrageous/ugly colors (purple or red/pink in this case) since less people have them (most have black, navy blue, dark brown, etc) and thus it's easier to spot your bagges when you get off the plane.

Of course, if you and another wooter who also takes me advice should cross paths you will have no choice to but duel to the death in a winner-take-all-luggage battle royale.

I just put a big, ugly, red-white-n-blue pompom on all my luggage pieces. Easy to see, and patriotic to boot.

tangouniform

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangouniform

Man. Once again I wish my grandmother wooted. She'd probably buy a Roomba every time they came up. And that's a lot.

And she'd love this stuff.

It is better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than to be in the air wishing you were on the ground.

suzika

quality posts: 8 Private Messages suzika

My parents, who are insanely tough on their luggage, have a set of these in red and purple. The purple is for clothing, the red they use to carry dart tournament things around with them.

I have seen the purple set jumped up and down upon by toddlers and preschoolers and come out intact. The red set has been bounced up and down stairs, across stages, and knocked over by drunken dart players numerous times.

While they may not look the greatest after the beat down they have taken (and what non black luggage would) they have survived, the wheels are still intact and roll worthy.

The purple set has made several flights, crammed to the gills, across the USA and it still works.

Honestly, I am really surprised at how long these have lasted but, I would buy them with no reservations.

edited to add: In fact I just bought the red set for our vacation. I have a nice set of luggage that I worry about destroying as it has a beautiful design on the outside. With these if they get marked up it won't bother me.

shed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shed
yeawuteva wrote:anyone have this know if there are hidden compartments?

Are you planning on smuggling doctored passports between Microsoft and The Vatican or what?

memoryofwings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages memoryofwings

still a little unsure whether or not to buy one. i'm gonna wait for more comments. but $30 for a set of luggage is really good whether they'd fall apart after one trip or last for years, right?

tomm2thumbs

quality posts: 27 Private Messages tomm2thumbs

I found these comments on spinner wheels that might make some think twice - and these were about a strong Samsonite set.

'Spinner wheels sound great in theory, but don't try to attach another bag to this and pull it like two-wheeled luggage. It's very difficult to turn this luggage while on two wheels, such as getting out of an elevator. The wheels are so small that a tiny bump can bring you to a quick halt. If you have just this one piece of luggage to tote, then it's probably not bad when you keep it on 4 wheels. During my first trip with this luggage, the handle broke. It was clearly not meant to take the strain of balancing this bag on two wheels.'

Seems like it isn't so much if/when they will break off but how helpful they are to have in the 4-wheel style when they are actually still there.

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff
tangouniform wrote:Man. Once again I wish my grandmother wooted. She'd probably buy a Roomba every time they came up. And that's a lot.

And she'd love this stuff.

Be a good grandson then and buy her a set...

NOLA504ever

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NOLA504ever

y'all think the man-purse can hold a 17 inch laptop?

extraclassic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages extraclassic

It's all in the zippers. If the zippers are decent, this is a steal.

cevans10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cevans10
extraclassic wrote:It's all in the zippers. If the zippers are decent, this is a steal.

...and the wheels, and the handles, and the sides...

Limited Warranty? Not worth it for luggage if you plan on actaully using it!

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
hpconley wrote: nice post.

Yeah, except for his misuse of the word "less" in place of the correct "fewer". :-P I blame grocery store express lanes!

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

rslong

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rslong
suzika wrote:My parents, who are insanely tough on their luggage, have a set of these in red and purple. The purple is for clothing, the red they use to carry dart tournament things around with them.

I have seen the purple set jumped up and down upon by toddlers and preschoolers and come out intact. The red set has been bounced up and down stairs, across stages, and knocked over by drunken dart players numerous times.

While they may not look the greatest after the beat down they have taken (and what non black luggage would) they have survived, the wheels are still intact and roll worthy.

The purple set has made several flights, crammed to the gills, across the USA and it still works.

Honestly, I am really surprised at how long these have lasted but, I would buy them with no reservations.

edited to add: In fact I just bought the red set for our vacation. I have a nice set of luggage that I worry about destroying as it has a beautiful design on the outside. With these if they get marked up it won't bother me.

Man that's a lot of darts if you need suitcases to pack them around.

jmsandstorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmsandstorm

Ugh! Where was this in February when I needed it and spent more than this on just the carry-on that is made just as cheaply.
Darn you woot and your horrible timing!

mikeniu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mikeniu

it seems like a good deal so i got 1 red and 1 purple.

hoping my brother, who is asleep bc he actually has a job, will want to have a set. I am gambling that he will since he has no luggage either

KidKobun

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KidKobun

You guys have me about to push the button on the purple set. You'd definitely spot it coming off the luggage rack/carousel.

pixiedee55

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pixiedee55

My set has made it through three vacations so far without any problems. The zippers are fine, even though I tend to overpack and have to really work to get them closed. The wheels are all intact despite whatever the baggage handlers have done to them.

They also stand up to my cats...who like to use them as scratching posts if I take too long putting them away.

And, if there are any hidden compartments, please let me know, lol. I sure haven't found any yet.

Just purchased another set for when my current one gives out.

TotoMMB

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TotoMMB

These are garbage. I don't think I had this set, but whichever I had, I do not recommend.

First off, how good can they be if the only place they're sold is JCPenney? I have nothing against JCPenney. A wheel on the rolling duffel lasted maybe 3 trips. These also didn't seem very sturdy, frame-wise. Various structural pieces bent or broke.

Luggage is not something you can let "break", like a coffee machine. If these self-destruct at 20,000 feet, chances are you're not getting any of your things back.

We used these maybe a half-dozen times and then upgraded.

9 shirt.woot purchases (3 randoms x5)
Rock'N Rollz, Wrestling Match, Unstealthiest Ninja, Misfortune

tf160fi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tf160fi

Without a doubt Ballistic nylon luggage is the best, but if you want cheap stuff go ahead and get this. Yes, you may not travel much, but all it takes is one trip and you run the chances of your luggage opening up in the worst place and spilling your luggage in front of people or who knows where.

NancyHH

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NancyHH

Anyone know if it has pull up handle to pull the luggages?

Secunza

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Secunza
wanpakumono wrote:How sturdy are these wheels? Will they handle airport luggage handlers?

Not a chance!! Only if you travel in private jet. Let’s face it; the conventional airport luggage handlers have the training and skills to destroy anything. But for this price you won’t cry when it happens.

LastApeMan

quality posts: 18 Private Messages LastApeMan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRXhoicfVOs

AWESOME DESCRIPTION !!!!!!

This is teh best Wriet up ever. I Love it. It's Brutal honesty is wicked bad a$$.

If I had a Need for Luggage i'd buy that apcray in a heartbeat- as soon as I got it I would completly cover ever secition with Duct tape and fill the hollow wheels with hot glue, 3 in 0ne all the zippers and then rub parafin over ever seam.

why not?

http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:a4bSs-sMBzJUCM::4.bp.blogspot.com/_1sRWoane9lw/SYvOPs_AVBI/AAAAAAAABZc/OsuqVAnxwBs/s320/oscar%252Bgoldman.jpg&h=80&w=107&usg=__16nvvSW7Y4sMAdxfrxWz4ujaZZg=

What Lies Behind Us and Lies Before Us are Small Matters Compared to What Lies Right to Our Faces.

searchneverend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages searchneverend

bought a red one in this. i have a trip to nyc in august for a friends wedding and all i have to carry is a pair of shoes and a tuxedo. so i wouldnt care if it rip or fall out of the plane as long as it make it to NYC. not even worried if it doesnt make it home, lol. for $30 its worth anything. too lazy to carry my tuxedo on my hand hahahahaha.
luv u woot, way to go.

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3
gty wrote:I need luggage for a trip leaving July 13. If I knew for a fact I would receive the shipment by then I would definitely buy! What are my chances? I'm in Las Vegas.

Probably a snowball's chance in Vegas.

www.howlingdead.com

LastApeMan

quality posts: 18 Private Messages LastApeMan
skywarrior3 wrote:Probably a snowball's chance in Vegas.

gty wrote:
I need luggage for a trip leaving July 13. If I knew for a fact I would receive the shipment by then I would definitely buy! What are my chances? I'm in Las Vegas.

-------
If You're not carful, there is a VERY good chance you will snowball in vegas.
-------
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssty.

What Lies Behind Us and Lies Before Us are Small Matters Compared to What Lies Right to Our Faces.

izeonjesus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages izeonjesus
DocMphd wrote:Dude, they are $30. If they break after 1 trip they are still a good deal.

Disposable Luggage. What a concept!

Tygress

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Tygress

I have a set of bright purple Delsey luggage and although purple has become a more common color for luggage these days, I still only confused my bags with another person's once in 8 international trips. It is also just *fun* to have a full set of bright purple luggage - everyone sort of stares at you and thinks, "Damn, she must REALLY like purple." Or maybe they're just jealous that their luggage isn't purple. Either way...

danfreed

quality posts: 3 Private Messages danfreed
DocMphd wrote:$80 at JC Penney. Good deal.

Or maybe it's just a terrible deal at JC Penny?

coell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coell

Years ago I bought a cheap set of orange luggage -- sure they're scuffed and dirty now, but I really don't give a carp about my luggage. What's it gonna do, burst open mid-flight? Most importantly, having an odd color suitcase has made baggage claim a breeze. I'm never using black luggage again! Even though mine tend to be the only orange bags on the belt, you should still tie a unique ribbon around the handle, for further visual cues you grabbed the right bag.

Lisbetts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lisbetts

I had a similar Protocol Luggage set (from JC Penney). I don't remember what the cost was.
It lasted roughly 2.5 years. Something like 20 to 25 one-way trips in total, most of those by plane.

The wheels are wobbly, but what really killed it was that the entire mechanism for the slide-out handle ripped out of the rest of the suitcase. I had to hold it together with duct tape to get my things back from college.

With that said, I'm seriously considering buying this. For the price, you can't really beat it.

(And for the record, my old set was also purple)

Silenka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Silenka
danfreed wrote:Or maybe it's just a terrible deal at JC Penny?

It was 79.99 at JCPenney. I work in the home department there, and I can tell you the reason we have Woodbridge collection and not this one now is because these were recalled for some BS reason (mildew from the factory, I think it was). Either way, this is a good deal for a 3 piece set of luggage no matter how crappy the luggage happens to be...luggage is not cheap.