0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

uplateanyway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uplateanyway

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

United Artists 90th Anniversary Essential Collection with 30 DVD Movies
$49.99 + $5 shipping
Condition: New
Product: 1 United Artists M109551 90th Anniversary Essential Collection with 30 DVD Movies

jihoon0525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jihoon0525

Cool, any director's commentaries?

alunj

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alunj

Buy one today for your favourite Prime Minister.

ashlux

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashlux

Shrewed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Shrewed

Is this the same set that Obama dumped into a basket and gave to England's Prime Minister?

bobdoleman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobdoleman

I would totally buy it were it not for "Bowling For Columbine" being in the mix.

lovemy54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lovemy54

The birdcage? Quite possibly the worst movie of all time. Put some cranberry apple pie bake-offs in there and move the birdcage into a bringing out corpses

Dooshit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dooshit
Shrewed wrote:Is this the same set that Obama dumped into a basket and gave to England's Prime Minister?

Dam, is it? Cause I have a british DVD player. MAn SHUCKS!

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

jfield1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jfield1
ashlux wrote:$154.49 over on Amazon

More importantly, nearly $300 retail.

krychek67

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krychek67

Yanno...This would be a pretty good deal for me if I didn't already have all the movies on the list I would want to get it for.

jim5554

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jim5554
bobdoleman wrote:I would totally buy it were it not for "Bowling For Columbine" being in the mix.

That killed it for me too. No wonder they didn't sell.

Hiymenator

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hiymenator

Great buy! Here are the titles in this pack:

Disc 1: Marty P&S
Disc 2: Twelve Angry Men WS
Disc 3: Some Like It Hot WS Disc 1
Disc 4: Some Like It Hot WS Disc 2
Disc 5: The Alamo WS
Disc 6: The Apartment WS
Disc 7: The Magnificent Seven WS Disc 1
Disc 8: The Magnificent Seven WS Disc 2
Disc 9: Judgment at Nuremberg WS
Disc 10: Westside Story WS Disc 1
Disc 11: Westside Story WS Disc 2
Disc 12: Birdman of Alcatraz WS
Disc 13: Dr. No WS Disc 1
Disc 14: Dr. No WS Disc 2
Disc 15: Manchurian Candidate WS
Disc 16: The Great Escape WS Disc 1
Disc 17: The Great Escape WS Disc 2
Disc 18: The Pink Panther WS
Disc 19: The Greatest Story Ever Told WS Disc 1
Disc 20: The Greatest Story Ever Told WS Disc 2
Disc 21: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly WS Disc 1
Disc 22: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly WS Disc 2
Disc 23: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang WS Disc 1
Disc 24: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang WS Disc 2
Disc 25: Thomas Crown Affair (1968) WS
Disc 26: The Battle of Britain WS Disc 1
Disc 27: The Battle of Britain WS Disc 2
Disc 28: Midnight Cowboy WS Disc 1
Disc 29: Midnight Cowboy WS Disc 2
Disc 30: Fiddler on the Roof WS Disc 1
Disc 31: Fiddler on the Roof WS Disc 2
Disc 32: Rocky WS Disc 1
Disc 33: Rocky WS Disc 2
Disc 34: Annie Hall P&S
Disc 35: A Bridge Too Far WS Disc 1
Disc 36: A Bridge Too Far WS Disc 2
Disc 37: The Spy Who Loved Me WS Disc 1
Disc 38: The Spy Who Loved Me WS Disc 2
Disc 39: Raging Bull WS Disc 1
Disc 40: Raging Bull WS Disc 2
Disc 41: Rain Man WS
Disc 42: Manchurian Candidate WS
Disc 43: Goldeneye WS
Disc 44: The Birdcage WS
Disc 45: Bowling for Columbine WS
Disc 46: Hotel Rwanda WS

buzzlightyear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buzzlightyear

Woo hoo! DVD Collection starter kit.

grainofsalt35

quality posts: 1 Private Messages grainofsalt35

154.49 at Amazon
The inclusion of The Birdcage however just made me laugh

dimend

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dimend

What? No REDS??? :0

worldofjohnboy

quality posts: 77 Private Messages worldofjohnboy

Holy Sh-nikes! That's a lot of movies...

Are they Widescreen, fullscreen, or a mixture of aspect ratios?

EDIT: Sorry, read the discription!

"Every man dies... not every man truly lives." -William Wallace (from the movie Braveheart)

farley999

quality posts: 2 Private Messages farley999

aMAZONS GOT THESE 90 FOR $450 +
Product Description
Disc 1: The Woman In The Window P&S Disc 2: Red River P&S Disc 3: The Barefoot Contessa P&S Disc 4: Marty P&S Disc 5: The Night of the Hunter WS Disc 6: Dance with Me Henry P&S Disc 7: The Killing P&S Disc 8: Moby pretzel twist P&S Disc 9: Twelve Angry Men WS Disc 10: Paths of Glory P&S Disc 11: Witness For The Prosecution WS Disc 12: The Big Country WS Disc 13: The Defiant Ones WS Disc 14: I Want To Live! WS Disc 15: A Hole In The Head WS Disc 16: The Fugitive Kind WS Disc 17: Some Like It Hot WS Disc 1 Disc 18: Some Like It Hot WS Disc 2 Disc 19: The Alamo WS Disc 20: The Apartment WS Disc 21: Elmer Gantry WS Disc 22: Inherit The Wind WS Disc 23: The Magnificent Seven WS Disc 1 Disc 24: The Magnificent Seven WS Disc 2 Disc 25: Judgment at Nuremberg WS Disc 26: The Misfits WS Disc 27: One, Two, Three WS Disc 28: Pocketful of Miracles WS Disc 29: Westside Story Disc 1 WS Disc 30: Westside Story Disc 2 Disc 31: Birdman of Alcatraz WS Disc 32: Dr. No WS Disc 1 Disc 33: Dr. No WS Disc 2 Disc 34: Manchurian Candidate WS Disc 35: The Miracle Worker WS Disc 36: The Great Escape WS Disc 1 Disc 37: The Great Escape WS Disc 2 Disc 38: I Could Go On Singing WS Disc 39: Irma La Douce WS Disc 40: It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World WS Disc 41: Fistful of Dollars WS Disc 1 Disc 42: Fistful of Dollars WS Disc 2 Disc 43: The Pink Panther WS Disc 44: Topkapi WS Disc 45: The Greatest Story Ever Told WS Disc 1 Disc 46: The Greatest Story Ever Told WS Disc 2 Disc 47: The Fortune Cookie WS Disc 48: Persona P&S Disc 49: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly Disc 1 WS Disc 50: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Disc 2 Disc 51: In The Heat of the Night WS Disc 52: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang WS Disc 1 Disc 53: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang WS Disc 2 Disc 54: Hang 'Em High WS Disc 55: Thomas Crown Affair (1968) WS Disc 56: Yours, Mine and Ours P&S Disc 57: Fellini Satyricon WS Disc 58: The Battle of Britain WS Disc 1 Disc 59: The Battle of Britain WS Disc 2 Disc 60: Midnight Cowboy WS Disc 1 Disc 61: Midnight Cowboy WS Disc 2 Disc 62: On Her Majesty's Secret Service WS Disc 1 Disc 63: On Her Majesty's Secret Service WS Disc 2 Disc 64: Fiddler on the Roof WS Disc 1 Disc 65: Fiddler on the Roof WS Disc 2 Disc 66: Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sex P&S Disc 67: Last Tango In Paris WS Disc 68: Lenny WS Disc 69: The Wilby Conspiracy WS Disc 70: Carrie WS Disc 71: The Missouri Breaks WS Disc 72: The Pink Panther Strikes Again WS Disc 73: Rocky WS Disc 1 Disc 74: Rocky WS Disc 2 Disc 75: Annie Hall P&S Disc 76: A Bridge Too Far WS Disc 1 Disc 77: A Bridge Too Far WS Disc 2 Disc 78: Equus WS Disc 79: New York, New York WS Disc 80: The Spy Who Loved Me WS Disc 1 Disc 81: The Spy Who Loved Me WS Disc 2 Disc 82: Coming Home WS Disc 83: La Cage Aux Folles WS Disc 84: The Last Waltz P&S Disc 85: Manhattan WS Disc 86: Raging Bull WS Disc 1 Disc 87: Raging Bull WS Disc 2 Disc 88: The French Lieutenant's Woman WS Disc 89: Heaven's Gate WS Disc 90: The Secret of the NIMH WS Disc 91: War games WS Disc 92: Red Dawn WS Disc 1 Disc 93: Red Dawn WS Disc 2 Disc 94: The Living Daylights - Disc 1 Disc 95: The Living Daylights - Disc 2 Disc 96: Baby Boom WS Disc 97: Child's Play Disc 98: Rain Man WS Disc 99: Road House WS Disc 100: Goldeneye WS Disc 1 Disc 101: Goldeneye WS Disc 2 Disc 102: Leaving Las Vegas WS Disc 103: Richard III WS Disc 104: The Birdcage WS Disc 105: The Man In The Iron Mask WS Disc 106: No Man's Land WS Disc 107: Bowling for Columbine WS Disc 108: Dark Blue WS Disc 109: Pieces of April WS Disc 110: Hotel Rwanda WS

nathinnizzle

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nathinnizzle

4/5 average user review rating at Amazon.com

Amazon reviews

National Geographic Watch, Acer Aspire One D150, 217 Marian Heath Christmas Cards (I LOOOOOOOVE PONIES), 3 Mr. Clean Autodry Carwash Systems, wootoff lights, (1) Bundle of Crops (6) Eco Stainless Steel Water Bottles, (1) April Fools Bundle of Crops and (1) Replacement Bundle of Crops

chris12345

quality posts: 25 Private Messages chris12345

It's a lot of movies for $50. Heck, renting each one once at $5 a pop would set you back $150. Good deal, if you like these movies.

Portions of this comment have been redacted.

wanpakumono

quality posts: 64 Private Messages wanpakumono

Are these closed captioned? It doesn't say in the description as far as I can tell. I got the 36 dvd war woot not long ago and they weren't.

shollingworth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shollingworth

Lots of good movies but Bowling For Columbine ruins the deal. I'll pass.

Shrewed

lovemy54 wrote:The birdcage? Quite possibly the worst movie of all time, and more suitable in a bringing out corpses than in this collection.

And "Bowling for Columbine" too. Are you sure they weren't clearing out the archives of unsellable movies? "Throw in a few James Bond flicks and the suckers won't even notice," he says.

145jmp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 145jmp

I was all set to buy this, many good movies. I saw bowling for columbine, and that changed my mind, I would never contribute to that rocket scientist Michael Moore and his America hating rhetoric.

chris12345

quality posts: 25 Private Messages chris12345

Meager Froogle results.

Portions of this comment have been redacted.

deraj828

quality posts: 8 Private Messages deraj828

Sunuva... dang it, I don't have enough money to buy something that would save me hundreds of dollars! What's wrong with this world?!

Ha! Ni förstår inte detta! Det går inte att censurera nåt om ni inte förstår det! Ha! Där fick ni!

Pikanjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pikanjo

Wow, the largest features list in Woot.com history.

Shrewed

chris12345 wrote:It's a lot of movies for $50. Heck, renting each one once at $5 a pop would set you back $150. Good deal, if you like these movies.

Renting each one from Redbox would put you back, um $50. Better yet, rent only the good ones from Redbox!

youngpatriot2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages youngpatriot2

Bowling for Columbine? Puh-leeeze. Next stop: Walmart $1 bin.

kgrimball

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kgrimball
Shrewed wrote:Is this the same set that Obama dumped into a basket and gave to England's Prime Minister?

No, but very similar .... Look it has "The Manchurian Candidate".......

gbrewer3

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gbrewer3

Worth it for Twelve Angry Men alone.

THWG!!!

easysailor

quality posts: 25 Private Messages easysailor

in for one. 12 angry men..classic movie

I live paycheck to paycheck thanks to woot.

uncchris

quality posts: 6 Private Messages uncchris

This really is a great deal if you have any interest in classic movies. How good a deal? I own 10 of these on DVD already (probably many of the same version included here), and I still bought. $55/20 movies = $2.75 per movie (or $1.83 each for all 30). Most places, you can't rent them for that little.

triviallytravis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages triviallytravis

Why do some of the movies seemingly span 2 discs?

Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191
lovemy54 wrote:The birdcage? Quite possibly the worst movie of all time, and more suitable in a bringing out corpses than in this collection.

Birdcage wasn't that bad, at least not compared to some movies I've seen over the years. Cat In the Hat with Michael Myers, perchance? Or Roberto Benigni's Pinocchio? Glitter?

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

worldofjohnboy

quality posts: 77 Private Messages worldofjohnboy
shollingworth wrote:Lots of good movies but Bowling For Columbine ruins the deal. I'll pass.

#1 Why is everyone saying that? I thought that movie was decent... at least entertaining in parts.

#2 If you get 30 DVDs in the set, something tells me you won't be throwing away more than $2 if you took the DVD you don't like and put it through a shredder. If you do the math, it's $1.66 per DVD.

"Every man dies... not every man truly lives." -William Wallace (from the movie Braveheart)

mfurr88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfurr88

not blu ray = not interested.

heartburnkid

quality posts: 4 Private Messages heartburnkid

Are you guys serious about this "Bowling for Columbine ruins the set" apcray? Holy Foley, that's one of the most infatuated things I've ever heard.

Seriously, it's still 29 of the greatest movies ever, at an average cost of less than $2 each. Take BfC with you next time you go to the firing range, or something.

Sinjz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sinjz
Ozzie2191 wrote:Birdcage wasn't that bad, at least not compared to some movies I've seen over the years. Cat In the Hat with Michael Myers, perchance? Or Roberto Benigni's Pinocchio? Glitter?

You actually went to watch those movies?!? I think that says something about you. :p

fluffhead67

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fluffhead67

if it were MGM's musical collection it'd be great.

I think I'm gonna watch "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"

goin' courtn'goin' courtn'