Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

After the woots we sell leave our warehouse to make their way in the wide world, they sometimes get lonely for all the other products they were crammed alongside of for so long. So they do what everybody else who wants to reminisce about the glory days does: they KIT on the Facebook. But since we were banned from FB in the aftermath of the Click-Here-To-Confirm-Your-Paypal-Password Incident of 2009 (thanks, suckers!), we can't see the pages of any of our former-inventory pals. Can you spy on them for us?

Show us a former Woot product's Facebook page (or a detail from their home page, or some other page from their account).

Post your entry here by 11:59 AM (central) on Monday, August 10, 2009. Prizes are $20/$50/$100 for 3rd/2nd/1st. The rules and criteria for winning: our panel of volunteer judges can and will make stuff up as it goes along. Use Photoshop, linoleum blocks, pastels, MSPaint, cave painting, tattoos, tribal scarification, whatever, but it’ll only be judged if it’s visible in our forums as a jpg, gif, or png. As we are fond of saying, try to keep your maximum width to 550px. If you need a place to host your pictures, try www.imageshack.ws or www.photobucket.com. We have no connection to either, but they seem free and easy to use. And if you want us to be sure your entry was indeed your work, post links to your source images. The more sure we are that you did your own work, the more likely we are to consider it for a prize.

DarthJay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay

This should be fun.

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

mrwolfe00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrwolfe00

beach picture

from woot
headphones
iRoomba535
baby of the cosmos
WowWee
bacon Salt

-me

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

DarthJay

My entry for the week:

Don't really have a "source" image...just a shot of the baggie and a very modified screenshot of my Facebook profile page.

**UPDATE :: With 4 screaming monkeys in my office, I had to update my pic with a response to phedhexs' entry.

(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

boredbabe90

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boredbabe90

Sources:
SD card
Sansa Sandisk
previous photoshopped picture

I was excited when I came up with the networks.
Also notice the aim name on the toolbar

gwbids

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwbids

"But then sometimes good friends just fade into fond memories...and we move on."

cyberras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyberras

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oral-B-CrossAction-Power/12165564988

Tony Fisher

gwbids

In case you were wondering what they're doing now, check out the Ion TTUSB Turntable's BusinessFacebook Page

devzero

quality posts: 2 Private Messages devzero

too subtle?

TomW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomW

tehpwnerer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tehpwnerer

Jason? Winners? Maybe? Please?

DarthJay

tehpwnerer wrote:Jason? Winners? Maybe? Please?

Shhhhhhh...don't anger the Toon. It's quietly sleeping. If it wakes up it will destroy us all!!!

fuxo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuxo

I couldnt resist!

gwbids

DarthJay wrote:

RE: Jason? Winners? Maybe? Please?

Shhhhhhh...don't anger the Toon. It's quietly sleeping. If it wakes up it will destroy us all!!!

"Let's kick this pig!" -Kelsey Grammer (Down Periscope)

(For those who never saw the film, this refers to firing up an old rust-bucket submarine to meet the impossible challenges of a battle exercise. While I'm not calling Toon an old rust bucket, I would like him to rise up to the challange of selecting winners for contests 228 and 229)

DarthJay

gwbids wrote:"Let's kick this pig!" -Kelsey Grammer (Down Periscope)

(For those who never saw the film, this refers to firing up an old rust-bucket submarine to meet the impossible challenges of a battle exercise. While I'm not calling Toon an old rust bucket, I would like him to rise up to the challange of selecting winners for contests 228 and 229)

See - I thought you were calling him a pig and saying we should kick him. You're not his girlfriend, are you? :P

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

228, 229, 230..........where's the results?????

fyrefall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall
ActorTom wrote:228, 229, 230..........where's the results?????

Hopefully they're too busy distributing payments.

Still...results would be nice.

-FF

DarthJay

Another winner-less weekend.

wildwolf11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildwolf11

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

At the momment, there's about a 50/50 chance of winning something in this contest.

Signature censored by Woot

FedUpOldHag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FedUpOldHag
Xexus wrote:At the momment, there's about a 50/50 chance of winning something in this contest.

You should enter then Xexus, you do good work. Unfortunately for me, I have never Facebooked, My Spaced, twittered, or IMed. So, I haven't the foggiest of ideas on where to start. Heck, I barely put comments in these forums. Antisocial, I guess.

boredbabe90

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boredbabe90
FedUpOldHag wrote:You should enter then Xexus, you do good work. Unfortunately for me, I have never Facebooked, My Spaced, twittered, or IMed. So, I haven't the foggiest of ideas on where to start. Heck, I barely put comments in these forums. Antisocial, I guess.

Facebook is definitely not the easiest site to find your way around. I'm 19 and have all the web knowledge that most other teens have, and I still had a bit of a hard time trying to figure it out. Then again, I was just so used to myspace, and its nothing like that.

theangrybuddha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theangrybuddha
ActorTom wrote:228, 229, 230..........where's the results?????

Is that why no one enters these anymore? For shame.

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915

bradcrc

quality posts: 10 Private Messages bradcrc
Xexus wrote:At the momment, there's about a 50/50 chance of winning something in this contest.

I love messing with photoshop but web page contests are more about changing text around, so I don't usually play in them cause I don't enjoy that so much. Perhaps I'm not the only one?

course, with my exciting life it's not like I have anything better to do, maybe I should. hehe.

phedhex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phedhex

Flying Monkey source image.

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus
FedUpOldHag wrote:You should enter then Xexus, you do good work. Unfortunately for me, I have never Facebooked, My Spaced, twittered, or IMed. So, I haven't the foggiest of ideas on where to start. Heck, I barely put comments in these forums. Antisocial, I guess.

That how it is for me too, though just this week the number of FaceBook friends more than doubled with the discovery of a lot of old college friends that I should have kept in touch with, so I'll probably have to give that more attention in the future. Funny thing is, I work for an ISP and I do a few websites on the side, so you'd think I'd be more interested in some of these sites. And I agree with bradcrc: the make a webpage for a Woot item theme doesn't thrill me like the more graphically orientated ones do.

Signature censored by Woot

md1088

quality posts: 6 Private Messages md1088
phedhex wrote:

This is the only one so far that made me laugh out loud. haha well done. i vote for this one.

md1088

quality posts: 6 Private Messages md1088

My best shot at this, and, my first time ever entering a woot contest!! Although, no external pictures used, just stuff from woot or pictures taken directly from fan pages at facebook.

I also didn't think of it in time but was going add the alternate email "bob@wootstaff.com" or "bob@bob.bob" or something. oh well.

Direct image link to the picture:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/shotatandhit/Picture4.jpg

gwbids

ActorTom wrote:
228, 229, 230..........where's the results?????

GWBids replies:

Should I feel guilty that I started entering woot! contests at #228? Did I throw some type of evil curse on the judge(s)? Am I going to wake up some night and find my bed surrounded by one screaming monkey for every contest entry that has not yet been judged? I'm scared!!!

fyrefall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall

stunnard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stunnard

batya7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages batya7
phedhex wrote:

This one really should take the prize.... and I don't mean the Monkey Prize!

gwbids

stunnard wrote:

Absolutely the best...hands (and body) down.
I hate this because I have an entry in this contest.