WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Almost 2 years ago, when we started judging this photoshop contest, we asked Jason to ask you to show us an action shot of the Woot All-Star Game, featuring great Woots of the past and present competing against each other. He finally managed to get that far down his list of clever themes, and has started on the ones we've submitted! Look out people, it's about to get crazy up in herrre! Anyway, about a year ago you posted your responses to the theme, and here are the winners:

First Place - $100
toby8915 - Woot-i-oh!

This spell card burns every card with a heart in your deck. I play the Hunk a hunk a burnin' love card!

see also:
toby8915 - Dodgeball - The losers get their screamers ripped out.

Second Place - $50
mwiseman - Fan action

"They call it the streak!" (LOL)

Third Place - $20
DarthJay - Intimidation

Can't he just use the force to knock the ball over? Why is Luke jumping?

Honorable Mentions:
stunnard - Sliding Home-r

That's gotta hurt.

turrets11 - And they're off!
Gee, I hope there aren't any bumps on this track - I'd hate for anyone to fall over.

stevliu - Slam Dunk
Does a dunk activate the Leakfrog's screamer?

fyrefall - Pi Eating Contest
"Keep at it until you've got the last digit!" They don't just suck, they suck forever.

pigmann - Ultimate Robot Championships
Exterminate, exterminate!

Monkey Prize
kwkelli - BayWoot

Oh, man, "be gentle", kwkelli says. Baywatch without Hasselhoff. Shadows that point in every direction. Incongruous pine tree branch on the beach. Pam without shaven legs. 2 monkeys? NO! 3 Monkeys! Monkey Prize! Monkey Prize!

Money winners, please email your Paypal info to jtoon@woot.com. Monkey Prize winner, please email your shipping information to jtoon@woot.com. Honorable Mentioneers may use coupon code HONMEN-FS for free shipping on a future order. (snerk) We truly wish it would work, we really do. Until next time remember: In St. Louis at the All-Star Game, the locals actually booed the President of the United States. Not because of his politics, no. Because the man (who lived on the south side of Chicago) is a White Socks fan. Hard core baseball fans, they are, in St. Louis.

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

WTG Winners!!!

Signature censored by Woot

DarthJay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay

OMG - I made the top 3!!

Thanks for restoring my faith in you, judges - and congrats winners.

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

Congrts to the winners and HMs.

Darth Jay -- see!!! I told you to hand in there

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915

congrats all. 2 down..2 to go?

majit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages majit

Congratz to all! Well done.

kwkelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwkelli

Banana, anyone?

btw, we have pine trees on some of the beaches in Florida. Weird, but true.

DarthJay

kwkelli wrote:Banana, anyone?

Bananas are alright - but pineapples are much better. Are YOU a fan of delicious flavor?

(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

kwkelli

DarthJay wrote:Bananas are alright - but pineapples are much better. Are YOU a fan of delicious flavor?

Nah, I hate pineapples.

Psych.

wildwolf11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildwolf11

Congrats, winners! I knew the contest results would start coming...

DarthJay

kwkelli wrote:Nah, I hate pineapples.

Psych.

Best. Show. Ever.

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom
kwkelli wrote:Banana, anyone?

Yes, several species of salt tolerant pines grow adjacent to the beach here in Florida, and throughout the Caribbean. Our shadows all still tend to point away from the sun however.....

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman

Whoa! Thanks, WOOT and esteemed judges.

Now, all I need is a WOOT-Off.
Ummm...a visit from the PayPal Fairy, then a Woot-Off.

Congratz fellow winners and honorables.

kwkelli

ActorTom wrote:Yes, several species of salt tolerant pines grow adjacent to the beach here in Florida, and throughout the Caribbean. Our shadows all still tend to point away from the sun however.....

Oh, the shadows. Yeah, I totally missed that criticism. Maybe you better rub it in some more. Hey, at least I get a coveted monkey! or not.....

Slydon

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

What does my card do?

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

DarthJay

"Almost 2 years ago, when we started judging this photoshop contest..."

Nice - I hadn't noticed that line before.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Slydon wrote:What does my card do?

i'm guessing "sends all monsters on the field to the graveyard" or something similar.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
DarthJay wrote:OMG - I made the top 3!!

Thanks for restoring my faith in you, judges - and congrats winners.

Darth, I often found myself completely flummoxed by the inexplicable ignoring of my obviously fabulous entries when I played. Sometimes, we're on a different page, that's all. I hope we're better than the before-time judging was, now.

I just got back from nearly 2 weeks away, so of course they hold the last two sets of winners until now! We'll get caught up again pretty quick-like, be assured.

cicada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cicada

DarthJay

Remember what this forum used to look like with a Winners' Gallery post at the top of the page?

Ahhhh, the good ol' days.

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus
DarthJay wrote:Remember what this forum used to look like with a Winners' Gallery post at the top of the page?

Ahhhh, the good ol' days.

I clicked on Contests and for a second I got excited seeing "Winner's Gallery" in the title, till I realized it was 229 and not 230

Signature censored by Woot

easy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easy1
Xexus wrote:I clicked on Contests and for a second I got excited seeing "Winner's Gallery" in the title, till I realized it was 229 and not 230

Me too, Xexus.

Thanks, DarthJay, for the memory anyway.