kerneltrap

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kerneltrap

I think I should still be better than everyone else.

edit: nope, 7 more to go.

dmx10101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmx10101

Well I'm not better than everyone else any more, I only have like 65 purchases.. and my box is purple eww...

clumber

quality posts: 6 Private Messages clumber

aaaannnnddd... there goes what little self-esteem I once had. Back in a herd again... no longer better than everyone...

(no, I have allergies! Or a cold!)

Wag more, Bark less

xquishi

quality posts: 8 Private Messages xquishi

Selling Woot swag as a side business? I am interested in the possibilities and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Ozru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ozru

Based on the awesome blackness of my qube, I have to say that shirts are included. I have 84 woots on the main site and 25 on the shirt site. Oh, and 11 on sellout. 0 each on wine and kids.

Gilzilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gilzilla

Back in Black! When are they upping this to 200?

sgersin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgersin

I wonder if there is any talk of changing the purchaser experience on the discussion pages to reflect the qube changes

mahonri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mahonri

OK, so is just posting something the easiest way to see where you stand? I looked at my account and there's a list down the left side, but no total to tell me quickly where I stand.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm

so just added up the tally...
19 main
26 shirt
2 wine

I can see purple in my sights... I <3 purple!

>insert funny quote here<

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

I think my wife would kill me if she knew that my square was black...

But I feel so good to still be the cream of the top, even if it is in some conspicuously consumptive way!

unit24

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unit24
mearlus wrote:Only 37 more to go to become better than everyone else again!

The wife is going to kill me...

Is that individual Woots or Woot Items?

---

Ok, I guess that it is individual Woots not items...

kc5rbq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kc5rbq

[quote postid="3399470" user="auggie24"]I think my wife would kill me if she knew that my square was black...

You're not the only one...

Echo Whiskey One

strangerflyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages strangerflyer

just wanting to see if i am still better than everyone else

bca102

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bca102

must buy more...color not right

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster

So there was a bit of back and forth internally as to color sequencing. In conversation with davebug and josh on our design team, we discussed colors selected for each level might be mnemonic and/or sequential feeling... here are some quick associative-thought nicknames to throw out that might apply to associate color to user mindsets in that group. Sure, this is stereotyping. Feel free to brainstorm on your own or use these.

White (0 Woot): "Blank White Stare"
Yellow (1 Woot): "Cowardly Lion Yellow"
Orange (2 Woots): "Orange Glowing Awareness"
Red (3-9 Woots): "Red Hot Honeymoon"
Brown (10-24 Woots): "Autumnal Wisdom Brown"
Green (25-49): "True Woot Green" (the color of main woot.com)
Purple (50-99): "Royal Wooter" (and the original 2004 woot site color)
Black (100+): "1337 Wooter"

gandecab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gandecab
Snapster wrote:So there was a bit of back and forth internally as to color sequencing. In conversation with davebug and josh on our design team, we discussed colors selected for each level might be mnemonic and/or sequential feeling... here are some quick associative-thought nicknames to throw out that might apply to associate color to user mindsets in that group. Sure, this is stereotyping. Feel free to brainstorm on your own or use these.

White (0 Woot): "Blank White Stare"
Yellow (1 Woot): "Cowardly Lion Yellow"
Orange (2 Woots): "Orange Glowing Awareness"
Red (3-9 Woots): "Red Hot Honeymoon"
Brown (10-24 Woots): "Autumnal Wisdom Brown"
Green (25-49): "True Woot Green" (the color of main woot.com)
Purple (50-99): "Royal Wooter" (and the original 2004 woot site color)
Black (100+): "1337 Wooter"

...or it's more like this:

White (0 Woot): "ghostly white (user doesn't really exist)"
Yellow (1 Woot): "piss poor customer"
Orange (2 Woots): "squeeze the juice out of the wallet"
Red (3-9 Woots): "broke your Woot! cherry"
Brown (10-24 Woots): "laying some 'Brown' while waiting on smartpost"
Green (25-49): "Green with envy"
Purple (50-99): "bruised and battered"
Black (100+): "credit card burnt to a crisp"

arcsus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages arcsus

I'm curious what this qube change is going to do for sales. How many of us previous black square owners are going to start buying up more useless scaffolding just to get back our black? You can lump me in that category. I just bought some flashlights only to get me one notch closer. Very clever, Snapster. Very clever.

dave bug

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dave bug

My attempt:

WHITE Might As Well Be, to Us
DEAD
YELLOW Serious Lack of Wooting
JAUNDICED
ORANGE Insufficient Vitamin Woot
SCURVIED
RED Wooting Scarlet Pandemic
FEVERISH
BROWN Woot Recluse infestation
BITTEN
GREEN Sick with Wooting
NAUSEOUS
PURPLE Battered and bruised with Wooting
BEATEN
BLACK Terminal Case
PLAGUED

hobbie

quality posts: 10 Private Messages hobbie

what color am I?

edit: 73 woots, I think

Komarimashitane!

sparsons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparsons

So what color am I?

Snapster

arcsus wrote:I'm curious what this qube change is going to do for sales. How many of us previous black square owners are going to start buying up more useless scaffolding just to get back our black? You can lump me in that category. I just bought some flashlights only to get me one notch closer. Very clever, Snapster. Very clever.

I doubt there is ever a potential purchase shoved over the edge by this qube thing - though it's often fun to think so and I don't meant to ruin your enjoyment

I prefer to think of this as community building - assisting in identifying with fellow wooters and authenticating the credibility of user posts (with perhaps a small amount of woot respecting loyalty at play.)

Snapster

gandecab wrote:...or it's more like this:

White (0 Woot): "ghostly white (user doesn't really exist)"
Yellow (1 Woot): "piss poor customer"
Orange (2 Woots): "squeeze the juice out of the wallet"
Red (3-9 Woots): "broke your Woot! cherry"
Brown (10-24 Woots): "laying some 'Brown' while waiting on smartpost"
Green (25-49): "Green with envy"
Purple (50-99): "bruised and battered"
Black (100+): "credit card burnt to a crisp"

nice. Yellow and Black my faves there.

raebee

quality posts: 21 Private Messages raebee

I think brown should be replaced with blue. I was so excited when I turned blue now I'm this ugly brown :o(

Where do you find a Roomba? At the Innba!

Snapster

raebee wrote:I think brown should be replaced with blue. I was so excited when I turned blue now I'm this ugly brown :o(

I'm not sure why they settled on brown there myself. I think it must be some designer world progression of tone or color intensity that I don't understand. Anyways, I guess it fits my thoughts of cooling down from "red" - hence the wisdom label.

kogaku

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kogaku
mahonri wrote:OK, so is just posting something the easiest way to see where you stand? I looked at my account and there's a list down the left side, but no total to tell me quickly where I stand.

If you are on a Windows machine, you can do a select/copy of the items from your "My Account" page, and then paste into Notepad.

Make sure that word-wrap is NOT active in Notepad (use the pulldown menu for Format|Word Wrap), then, make sure you ONLY have your Woot items on the page.

You should at that point have one item per line, with no blank lines at top or bottom. If any excess stuff was copied/pasted (at top or bottom) delete it.

Then, go to the bottom of the page -- put the cursor on the line containing the very last item in the list -- and type a control-G.

You will then see the line number (for the line containing the cursor), which will tell you how many items you have purchased from that Woot branch.

Repeat it for each branch (Sellout, Wine, etc.) and tally them up. (Or, append each Woot branch to the list -- with no blank lines between sublists -- and do the ^G thing at the end of the grand total.)

koneco

quality posts: 16 Private Messages koneco

Oh woot, I love you.

Ozru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ozru
auggie24 wrote:I think my wife would kill me if she knew that my square was black...

But I feel so good to still be the cream of the top, even if it is in some conspicuously consumptive way!

I think my wife is relieved that my square is black, so I don't have to go buy more stuff to get it back.

whatsthis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whatsthis

..- ..- ..- ..-

Aracos

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Aracos
arcsus wrote:I'm curious what this qube change is going to do for sales. How many of us previous black square owners are going to start buying up more useless scaffolding just to get back our black? You can lump me in that category. I just bought some flashlights only to get me one notch closer. Very clever, Snapster. Very clever.

I think it is going to make me cut up the credit card. I didn't know of this change until my cursor just happened to pass over my square on a post I just made on sellout and I was like watching the films! I was wondering when it got changed, but I was disturbed to see I had that many purchases. I guess I understand now why the mailman complains about all the shirt.woot bags and other woot packages. Ungrateful bum should be happy I'm keeping him busy so he doesn't get laid off with all the other postal workers.

bdecker202

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bdecker202

Excited about the new Woot Qubes. I now have a goal!

bdecker202

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bdecker202

Just another thought, since there are now different tiers of Wooters, are you guys going to update the stats page for each item?

It would be cool if we could then see all the tiers. Just update the Purchaser Experience when we click on Full Stats.

If you decide not to due this to keep it less cluttered, I understand.

mh6288

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mh6288

way too lazy to count, let's see what color I am

payoff the mercenaries, then show up late

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages BuffBillsFan

Ahhh.... back (well, STILL) in black.

modF

quality posts: 0 Private Messages modF
devyanks90 wrote:black now, green later

Yeah I have how many?

eek. That's a lot of wooting..

RochMH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RochMH

checking my color

edit: woo-hoo

grimor

quality posts: 7 Private Messages grimor

So I guess I need a good wootoff to buy 10 more woots....

Woots: 121 Items: 236-2 Last Woot: 05/07/2012 Woot Wage: $4,559.41

NoPegs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NoPegs

I just want to see how the new color fits me, you know? I'm glad to be here from the beginning.

sstrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sstrain

I wonder how many 200+ wooters will want an ultra-black badge.

Binaural

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Binaural

I wonder..

Quick, someone check my spelling and grammar for me.

aggiejy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aggiejy

I want ULTRA black... I'm just sayin.

My Collection (Well... some of it.)