Carpathian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Carpathian

Carpathian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Carpathian

HELP! Can anyone tell me how to link to a photo on Photobucket? I'm copying the link it tells me to use, but it doesn't work.

**UPDATE** Figured it out -- I had used CMYK mode in Photoshop and the save to JPG wasn't giving a usable file.

cicada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cicada
Carpathian wrote:HELP! Can anyone tell me how to link to a photo on Photobucket? I'm copying the link it tells me to use, but it doesn't work.

Use the one that says "Image Code"

cicada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cicada

devzero

quality posts: 2 Private Messages devzero
majit wrote:
Sources
Ad
Woot Thingy

gosh... that's, ummm, really big.

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus
devzero wrote:gosh... that's, ummm, really big.

You should have seen the 1938 model.

Signature censored by Woot

taipan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taipan

taipan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taipan

For the discriminating aeroman...

Sources:
Original Ad
AeroBed Matress

majit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages majit

I think the models are midgets/dwarves/small folks.

eh270

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eh270

Hey guys, are you planning to select a winner any time soon?

2xMicro Remote Control Helicopter, 2x LG Bluetooth Headset, US Modular 8GB USB2.0 Monstor Mini Hard Disk Drive (cheap & now busted), Connect3D 4GB Secure Digital Memory Card, Prevention Blood Pressure Monitor (to the moon, alice), iRobot Roomba Sage with Convenience Pack (4110), R/C Super Flying Saucer, Acer Aspire Athlon 64 Desktop Computer, Stuart Cellars Temecula Trio, Pedroncelli Quartet

1st place place, Contest 159

XmanORE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages XmanORE

Size doesn't matter...

XmanORE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages XmanORE
taipan wrote:For the discriminating aeroman...

Sources:
Original Ad
AeroBed Matress

That's a winner!

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman
XmanORE wrote:That's a winner!

Yep, that's what they used to call 'em.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
tehpwnerer wrote:Back in the days when Toon was a teen...

Sources
Toon
Girl
Bandolier of Carrots shirt
Sore Thumbs shirt
Leaning Man
Paper

Wow, bonus points for using that photo and almost making him look cool!

Still single, can't imagine why.

TomW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomW

Six months ago, the world was very different to the way it is now.

Ted Kennedy was (barely) still alive, giving Massachusetts 2 Democratic senators.

I was not yet a U.S. citizen.

People dared voice the opinion that 'Avatar' might turn out to be a flop.

Balloon boy was sleeping safely in his bed.

Woot posted this Photoshop contest.

wjenson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wjenson
TomW wrote:Six months ago, the world was very different to the way it is now.

Ted Kennedy was (barely) still alive, giving Massachusetts 2 Democratic senators.

I was not yet a U.S. citizen.

People dared voice the opinion that 'Avatar' might turn out to be a flop.

Balloon boy was sleeping safely in his bed.

Woot posted this Photoshop contest.

My, how things change. Oh, the memories.

-You can't multiply wealth by dividing it.

Xexus

I just looked, and Mad Men is still on the air. It seems to me a bit silly if this show were to go off the air before the results on this one finally came out.

TomW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomW
Xexus wrote:I just looked, and Mad Men is still on the air. It seems to me a bit silly if this show were to go off the air before the results on this one finally came out.

I think that our descendants will be unable to believe that humans once interacted with something as primitive as "television" before the results of this contest finally come out.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Happy belated Easter wooters!

So, with this past weekend being Easter, and celebrating the Resurrection of Christ and all that, it got me wondering -- which do you think we'll actually see first: The second-coming of Christ, or the resurrection of the Woot photoshop contests?

At this point I'm starting to think that Jesus is the better bet. Only problem will be trying to collect on that bet in a post-apocalyptic world where money has the same worth and reliability as a promise from the woot-staff...

Xexus

JasonToon wrote:
The new season of a certain cable-TV drama set in an ad agency in the early '60s is underway. And aside from making us crave Pall Malls and gimlets, it's making us wonder what the likes of Sterling Cooper would've done with some of the junk we sell. The dynamic illustrations, the cool layouts, the verbal wit, the casual sexism - your challenge this week:

Show us an ad for a past or current Woot product, as created by the ad men on Mad Men.

You can create your own entirely new ad or alter an existing one, but you will get points for starting from scratch.

Post your entry here by 11:59 AM (central) on Monday, August 31, 2009. Prizes are $20/$50/$100 for 3rd/2nd/1st. The rules and criteria for winning: our panel of volunteer judges can and will make stuff up as it goes along. Use Photoshop, linoleum blocks, pastels, MSPaint, cave painting, tattoos, tribal scarification, whatever, but it’ll only be judged if it’s visible in our forums as a jpg, gif, or png. As we are fond of saying, try to keep your maximum width to 550px. If you need a place to host your pictures, try www.imageshack.ws or www.photobucket.com. We have no connection to either, but they seem free and easy to use. And if you want us to be sure your entry was indeed your work, post links to your source images. The more sure we are that you did your own work, the more likely we are to consider it for a prize.

Ooo, August 31 is only a week away !!!

keithschm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keithschm

?????????????

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21

Xexus

come see the Official Unofficial Winners of Contest 233