quality posts: 0 Private Messages FedUpOldHag

"General's privates exposed"

sources

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
snackbot wrote:

"Unprepared for Playing God"

Sources: Unprepared, Playing God

I would say that the judges are gonna have a hard time last week with good ones like this one, but by the time the winners get posted, we'll have forgotten all about this contest.

drock777

quality posts: 5 Private Messages drock777

Well here is my attempt at this contest!

turtles
http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=7762

cake
http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=4113

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND

GodfatherND

1337pino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1337pino

GodfatherND

I Can't Stomach Organ Donation

Organ Rejection
Give Till [sic] It Hurts

Toadlet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet

Weekend Zombie Warrior

Green Knight: The Weekend Warrior vs Zombie Garden

I appear to be melting.

Toadlet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet

Mr Man-Boy

Mr. Spork as portrayed by Man-Boy

I appear to be melting.

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

OK, I have to admit; many of these entries, as well as many of the original designs, are very clever. (I say admit, because I really have been resistant to taking interest in the shirt contests)

Signature censored by Woot

McGurk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages McGurk
1337pino wrote:

Donut Panic!
You Guys Have to Try This

So simple, yet so perfect. Me Likey.

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

Tomorrow it will be three weeks since the last contest results.

WHAT THE FREAK IS GOIN' ON???!!!???

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
ActorTom wrote:Tomorrow it will be three weeks since the last contest results.

WHAT THE FREAK IS GOIN' ON???!!!???

and people were commenting that it had been a while since the last wootoff! This did give me time to check some of the older contests with 10-12 pages of stuff. They are actually 3-4 pages of submissions and 8 pages of attacking each other. Perhaps if we start bitchin at each other we can get timely results and contests?

Hey Xexus...nice entry. Could you have been more racially insensitive? Did you kick a cat on your way to work today?

....waits for results page to pop up.....

DarthJay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay
toby8915 wrote:Perhaps if we start bitchin at each other we can get timely results and contests?

Maybe it's a woot experiment in human behavior. You get them used to how things run for X number of contests and then you completely change things up and see how they react (cough...BoC formula...cough). I think they're just messing with our heads. Sheesh - you make it 5 years on the internet and you think you can do whatever the heck you want!!

That being said, I see no reason NOT to jump on toby8915's bandwagon...

Nice entry, toby8915 - like a massive ice age or a volcano couldn't have killed the dinosaurs. Thanks for shoving YOUR theory down everyone's throat!!

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

pute

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pute

With the regular contest a little slow, there are a couple days left to pop over to Dodgeball contest #146 in the World of Woot forum, where this week (in honor of the Beatles Rock Band release), we show us The Beatles in some way related to a game. If you've never Dodgeballed before (or if you have, ya'll come back now, hear?), you can sing "You Never Give Me Your Money" (Abbey Road), because we play for peer recogition, the honor of hosting the next contest, and fun! (a little choppin' practice, too).

A little more about how it works here. Enter until midnight Thursday night, vote Friday (yeah, you can all vote!), and winner is announced Saturday.

boredbabe90

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boredbabe90
pute wrote:With the regular contest a little slow, there are a couple days left to pop over to the Dodgeball contest, where this week (in honor of the Beatles Rock Band release), we show us The Beatles in some way related to a game. If you've never Dodgeballed before (or if you have, ya'll come back now, hear?), you can sing "You Never Give Me Your Money" (Abbey Road), because we play for peer recogition, the honor of hosting the next contest, and fun! (a little choppin' practice, too).

Ha ha.. I find it funny that you're advertising a forum in a different forum from the same site...

Any way this blows. I won second place back in march, never got my money. I found out it was because we had to fill out like a tax form or something, I had never actually gotten the e-mail (well I got it but I never saw it until recently) so I never filled it out and sent it back. So I e-mailed woot, I got an e-mail back saying they would e-mail Jason about it, and I never heard back from woot since... I really want that $50

ActorTom

boredbabe90 wrote:Ha ha.. I find it funny that you're advertising a forum in a different forum from the same site...

Any way this blows. I won second place back in march, never got my money. I found out it was because we had to fill out like a tax form or something, I had never actually gotten the e-mail (well I got it but I never saw it until recently) so I never filled it out and sent it back. So I e-mailed woot, I got an e-mail back saying they would e-mail Jason about it, and I never heard back from woot since... I really want that $50

If you've filled out the tax form and returned it, I'm sure Jason will pay you with the next round of payments. Those should be any day now, as it had been more than 3 months since the last pay-out (May 19).

WE WANT CONTEST RESULTS, WE WANT PAYMENTS, WE WANT OUR MONKEYS!!!!

(I think Toon needs an assistant!)

pute

boredbabe90 wrote:Ha ha.. I find it funny that you're advertising a forum in a different forum from the same site...

I edited my post so that it is clear Dodgeball is within the Woot world; at #146, the contest is approaching its third year!

DarthJay

Wait - we have to fill out a tax form to get paid? Ugh...why don't they tell you that?!

What tax form needs to be filled out?

(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

Xexus

DarthJay wrote:Wait - we have to fill out a tax form to get paid? Ugh...why don't they tell you that?!

What tax form needs to be filled out?

I haven't heard of that either, and I've not needed one in the past. Joe or Shan, can you shed some light on that? (I'm waiting on $50 bucks myself)

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman

Tax form? Guh?
DAMN YOU, OBAMA!!!

Long as we're kveching...
waiting on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, monkey and a Sansa™.

DarthJay

Yeah - I'm waiting on a 3rd prize reward and a monkey...but I had no idea about the tax form.

Woot staffers...? Judges...? Buehler...? anyone....?

ActorTom

DarthJay wrote:Yeah - I'm waiting on a 3rd prize reward and a monkey...but I had no idea about the tax form.

Woot staffers...? Judges...? Buehler...? anyone....?

Last time they sent the form in an email to the winners right before the pay-out. I think you could email it back (or mail it in if you have security concerns about including your SS# in an email).

About 7 years ago I won 2 $100 tix to Universal Orlando's Rockin' New Years Eve Party, $100 in spending money, and a hotel room for the night. They told me then that any prize over $100 required the form, so I was surprised last year when I won $250 and woot didn't require it. I guess it's required for any amount now.

Xexus

toby8915 wrote:
Hey Xexus...nice entry. Could you have been more racially insensitive? Did you kick a cat on your way to work today?

....waits for results page to pop up.....

hee hee ... I gotta be careful though, racial jokes are one thing, but that cat comment could cost me my job (90% cat lovers)

Cptamazing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cptamazing

90% cat lovers? You work at a chinese take-out?

boredbabe90

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boredbabe90

Yeah, the only thing is that the form they sent me was in pdf file, and you can't fill it out and save it to send it back. So how do you send it to them?? I'm so confused!
And they stated in the e-mail that they were sorry for the inconvenience but they had to start doing the form thing at the last payout...

I don't even know if I still have that e-mail

fyrefall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall

It was a W9 form, and it had to be sent back to Jason and a person in their Accounting office (I'm not putting her name in case that contact changed). I printed mine, filled it out, scanned it in and emailed it back.

I don't know if there was a cutoff amount, like Tom mentioned; that everyone over xx$ had to fill one out.

-FF

Cptamazing

For people entering a photo editing contest, I can't imagine its really all that complicated is it? You can't really blame them if your not responding to your emails according to what their required to get from you.

ActorTom

fyrefall wrote:It was a W9 form, and it had to be sent back to Jason and a person in their Accounting office (I'm not putting her name in case that contact changed). I printed mine, filled it out, scanned it in and emailed it back.
-FF

You can get the form directly from the IRS here.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf

If everybody who has won in the last quarter has one filled-in and ready to send to Jason when requested, maybe we can speed-up the next round of payments.

Xexus

Cptamazing wrote:For people entering a photo editing contest, I can't imagine its really all that complicated is it? You can't really blame them if your not responding to your emails according to what their required to get from you.

Is anyone blaming anyone? Or did anyone imply that anything was complicated? We're just trying to work out the rules so that we can adhere to them. This is discussion, not argument.

ActorTom wrote:IRS Form links

Thanks for posting those Tom.

I'm surprised that a form is needed when the payout is under $600, but I'm no legal eagle.

Cptamazing

Yes, my post was directed at several other posts. There is a service email if your having problems getting your cash from winning, and the tshirt contest forum is probably your least effective way of finding out the details.

wildwolf11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildwolf11

Damn, I just moved apts and didn't have internet set up in time to enter this contest. Would have been a good one, too...

Anyway, in regards to the current thread of conversation, I went back and found Jason's email from May 11 that he sent to all the contest winners: (as per fyrefall's point, I've omitted the name of the accounting person in case that contact has been changed)

(quote): Hi guys,

Jason Toon here, from Woot. First off, sorry about the delay in paying winnings. Turns out our old jerry-rigged down-low method of paying the contest winnings is highly questionable, so we need to make this official. From now on, you'll need to have a tax form filed with us to get paid for the contests. Sorry for the hassle, but you mess with the taxman, you get the prison stripes.

Hopefully, most of you can fill the attached form out right there on your machine and send it right back. If not, you'll need to print it out, fill it out, and scan it. A pain, I know. You should send the completed form to both me and [name omitted] in our accounting office. She's CC'ed on this email.

...and include both your real name and Woot username(s) in the email. Otherwise, your winnings might be sent to a galaxy far, far away. In case you're wondering, you'll still be paid via Paypal. But [name omitted] will be handling it from now on, so you can expect much prompter service.

Like I said, I apologize both for the wait and for the new layer of hassle involved. If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks -
Jason (/quote)

So there's the deal. You can use the IRS link that Tom posted to get the form if you don't have it already. Otherwise, payments should still be issued on some sort of quarterly basis, though the actual calendar they follow seems to be a bit nebulous. I myself am waiting on a 1st place, as well as a monkey from last December. I stopped holding my breath on that one, though.

So that's all the help I can offer. Personally, I like the joke in Jason's email about prompter service. Haha! Good one, Toon!

mwiseman

Thanks, wolf.
I never received that one. Are monkeys considered taxable income?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
mwiseman wrote:Thanks, wolf.
I never received that one. Are monkeys considered taxable income?

i never received that email either.

(3rd place in #204, winners announced jan. 29)

DarthJay

Yeah - I had not won a contest prior to May 11, so I also never got that email. Thanks for clearing things up.

Xexus

Cptamazing wrote:... the tshirt contest forum is probably your least effective way of finding out the details.

well, all is not lost then ... this is the photoshop contest forum

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
Cptamazing wrote:Yes, my post was directed at several other posts. There is a service email if your having problems getting your cash from winning, and the tshirt contest forum is probably your least effective way of finding out the details.

heh. You're new here, aren't you?

mwiseman

Fine. So, do we need to fill out a W-4 before we get a new contest?

Xexus

ah, so we don't have to send in a copy each and everytime we win something, just once a year (or maybe even just once).

pute

Over at Dodgeball, it's

We don't care too much for money ~ just PM me your choice all day Friday, winner announced Saturday! Anyone with a Woot account can vote ~