stunnard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stunnard

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus
taipan wrote:
A Richard Link(much)later Production

nice chop, taipan!

I think Jason looks a lot like Alan Rickman here.

Signature censored by Woot

mrwolfe00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrwolfe00

I asked the CEO of woot if we were going to get the money and monkey prizes. This is what he said.

-me

tehpwnerer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tehpwnerer

Zack Snyder's 1 (Click to enlarge)

Cube One

Sources
300 Cliff
Ball
Cube
Halberd

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
tehpwnerer wrote:Zack Snyder's 1 (Click to enlarge)

Cube One

awesome.

toby8915

TomW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomW

Sources:

Simpsons Movie

Jason

Jason "Tooned":

FedUpOldHag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FedUpOldHag

FedUpOldHag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FedUpOldHag

In the style of John Hughes

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

wildwolf11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildwolf11

Aw, lay off the Woot staff. They're probably just busy with some new project...

Source: scene

tehpwnerer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tehpwnerer
toby8915 wrote:awesome.

Thanks, toby.

batya7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages batya7

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!

How'd you do that?????? Kudos!

I almost didn't catch Jason in that pic.......

taipan wrote:+1 Scab

[Wootly Sized]

Sources:
Original Scene
Scott
Jason

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

[Wootly Sized]

Sources:
Original Scene
Scott
Jason

Excellent!!

cicada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cicada

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.

Directed by Stanley Kubrick

bradcrc

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradcrc
wildwolf11 wrote:Aw, lay off the Woot staff. They're probably just busy with some new project...

Source: scene

hehe. I like.

Toadlet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet

I, too, would like some contest results. But in the meantime here's my entry now since I usually tend to post at the last minute.

I guess it's in the style of James Cameron. If you have red/cyan glasses around, try them on the panoramic.

Larger
Panoramic without text (4MB)

Sources One and Two

I appear to be melting.

phedhex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phedhex

Bag of carp for a bag of sand?

md1088

quality posts: 6 Private Messages md1088
DarthJay wrote:I was going to enter this contest, but as I was trying to get into Woot Studios with my director of choice to make an entry, I got stopped by this picket line.

Crossing the picket line would be bad for my career.

LOVE IT!!!! It's been almost a month and i haven't gotten squat about contest...229? 230? i forget it's been so long, but woot has yet to post the results...it was my very first contest entry... -____-

md1088

quality posts: 6 Private Messages md1088
gwbids wrote:DarthJay wrote: The problem is that they don't have the forum rights to post results - only Jason Toon can do that. It seems as though things have been busy at woot and maybe he hasn't had the time...

GWbids replies: I would be very happy for Toon if he is busy making money and running the company. However, when Toon gets several contests behind, he is just piling work on himself. Better to just dedicate an hour three days this week and start to get caught up. It is clearly not a good idea to make your loyal fans restless (it stifles the creativity that drives all the outrageous entries in these contests).

I’ll relent and enter a movie scene here, but woot might not like it…

More of a lobby card actually.

Source 1
Source 2
Color by Technicolor ...oops, no, that's wrong --- Color and titles by Paint Shop Pro XI

"then they sell you t-shirts" --fantastic!!

ActorTom

Toadlet wrote:I, too, would like some contest results. But in the meantime here's my entry now since I usually tend to post at the last minute.

I guess it's in the style of James Cameron. If you have red/cyan glasses around, try them on the panoramic.
Panoramic without text (4MB)

Wow awesome xlarge 3-d of the woot HQ.

What? You mean everybody doesn't keep a pair of 3D glasses by their computers. I know I do.

kwkelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwkelli

Here's another try for a monkey prize

Shibas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shibas

Here's a newcomer's try.

Source: - Wall-E

DarthJay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay

Sigh. I had hoped my overly-sarcastic protest image would have sparked some winners today. Alas.

Why hast thou forsaken us, oh mighty Toon?!

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

Stavius

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Stavius

This is absolutely incredible! Jason looks high.

[Wootly Sized]

Sources:
Original Scene
Scott
Jason

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

tehpwnerer wrote:Zack Snyder's 1 (Click to enlarge)

Cube One

Sources
300 Cliff
Ball
Cube
Halberd

Master Chop!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

[Wootly Sized]

Sources:
Original Scene
Scott
Jason

Also Master Chop!

Xexus

ActorTom wrote:
What? You mean everybody doesn't keep a pair of 3D glasses by their computers. I know I do.

I've got a few: red/green, red/blue, polarized, whatever paper pair of colored glasses I've come across over the past few years.

What do you think, would a 3D contest be a dodgeball theme that people could do without too much trouble? You'd probably have to use a digital camera to capture the source images. (as I recall, 2 images, where each perspective is about 4" apart from each other)

bradcrc

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradcrc
Xexus wrote:I've got a few: red/green, red/blue, polarized, whatever paper pair of colored glasses I've come across over the past few years.

I just took down a 3d air hockey game I wrote that used those amber/blue 3d glasses from the superbowl / chuck 3d tv shows. :D

toby8915

From Trey Parker and Matt Stone
Woot Park: The Search for the Missing Winners

gwbids

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwbids

This entry is LATE.

Late...like the contest results postings!

Various images found on the web and edited by me using PaintShp Pro XI

taipan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taipan
batya7 wrote:
How'd you do that??????

For the scanner wootly entry...

Start with the original photos of the guys with their appropriately lighted heads (at least mirrored Scott was appropriately lighted).

Now cut out their heads with your favorite method for doing so.

With a duplicated layer of an original head only image, I turned up the saturation (CSI Miami Style) and contrast to make nice stark images.

Then I played with the Filter->Artistic->Cutout filter to get the coloring a little more cartoony.

With another duplicated layer of the original photo placed on top of all the others, I played with the Filter->Sketch->Photocopy filter to get some outlines.

Then drop the outlines (only the outlines, not the whole layer) onto the cartoony colored layer, touched that up a bit, color the outlines appropriately (removing any of the "noisy" patches, and viola!

Or you could do it the way that this guy did! (and finish sometime around Christmas!)

I am still using CS3... (holding out for CS5 before upgrading!)

Xexus

stunnard wrote:

This looks great. I like the suns' slightly distorted reflection on the clock, nice touch.

I can't help wonder about the source star wars picture though. He has the tie fighters on one side, the x-wings on the other, but they're all shooting at the viewer and not each other.

toby8915

taipan wrote:For the scanner wootly entry...

Start with the original photos of the guys with their appropriately lighted heads (at least mirrored Scott was appropriately lighted).

Now cut out their heads with your favorite method for doing so.

With a duplicated layer of an original head only image, I turned up the saturation (CSI Miami Style) and contrast to make nice stark images.

Then I played with the Filter->Artistic->Cutout filter to get the coloring a little more cartoony.

With another duplicated layer of the original photo placed on top of all the others, I played with the Filter->Sketch->Photocopy filter to get some outlines.

Then drop the outlines (only the outlines, not the whole layer) onto the cartoony colored layer, touched that up a bit, color the outlines appropriately (removing any of the "noisy" patches, and viola!

Or you could do it the way that this guy did! (and finish sometime around Christmas!)

I am still using CS3... (holding out for CS5 before upgrading!)

Or you can go to www.befunky.com and have the site do the work for ya as well.

ActorTom

toby8915 wrote:Or you can go to www.befunky.com and have the site do the work for ya as well.

Waycool site. THANKS!

wildwolf11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildwolf11

Oh great. Now there's something ELSE to distract the good Mr. Toon from posting the contest winners...

Toadlet

wildwolf11 wrote:Toon 3D

Ha! Nice

I appear to be melting.

Toadlet

I appear to be melting.

ActorTom

wildwolf11 wrote:Oh great. Now there's something ELSE to distract the good Mr. Toon from posting the contest winners...

He's got his glasses on backwards

gwbids

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwbids

Okay, since it's a woot-off day, we'll give Toon-bashing a day off...but I'll expect to see LOTS of reults tomorrow!