gwbids


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwbids

Okay, since it's a woot-off day, we'll give Toon-bashing a day off...but I'll expect to see LOTS of reults tomorrow!

jtresham


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jtresham
TomW wrote:



Good one!

Yeah, I blog
[url=http://benchmark60.blogspot.com[/url]

Xexus


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus
gwbids wrote:Okay, since it's a woot-off day, we'll give Toon-bashing a day off...but I'll expect to see LOTS of results tomorrow!



More likely Annie's tomorrow ... only a day away, every day

My hope is that this isn't Woot's clever way to stop the photochop contests altogether. Fall behind enough to put people off, then close the contest for good saying that there's not enough interest.

Signature censored by Woot

gwbids


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwbids
Xexus wrote:My hope is that this isn't Woot's clever way to stop the photochop contests altogether. Fall behind enough to put people off, then close the contest for good saying that there's not enough interest.



Aww, I hate it when it looks like you conspiracy theorists may actually be right...

By my count, contest 230 ended August 3rd and has not had results posted, nor have 231, 232, 233, 234 or 235. And although 235 got entries, they were mostly just "bashing" entries, not many 'serious' (and I use the word lightly) entries.

mwiseman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman

Now, now, fellow contestants. Our friends here at WOOT have always looked out for the best interest of their customers and after all, that's what we all are, right? Hey, we don't have these spiffy colored boxes next to our names for nothing. It's there to proudly display the number of items we have gladly purchased with our hard earned cash and at the same time, help build this multi-million dollar venture. Sure, WOOT just does this photoshop contest thing as a diversion between daily deals and pays out prize money out of the kindness of their hearts, but it's because they know it helps keep their customers happy and coming back the next day. Do you think if all the photoshop contestants maintained clear boxes, this thing would have gone on for this long? Sure, the contest crowd makes up a very small percentage of the WOOT purchasing community, but PayPal funds and free shipping coupons gotta go somewhere.

Yes, clevah they are.

DarthJay


quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay
mwiseman wrote:Now, now, fellow contestants. Our friends here at WOOT have always looked out for the best interest of their customers and after all, that's what we all are, right? Hey, we don't have these spiffy colored boxes next to our names for nothing. It's there to proudly display the number of items we have gladly purchased with our hard earned cash and at the same time, help build this multi-million dollar venture. Sure, WOOT just does this photoshop contest thing as a diversion between daily deals and pays out prize money out of the kindness of their hearts, but it's because they know it helps keep their customers happy and coming back the next day. Do you think if all the photoshop contestants maintained clear boxes, this thing would have gone on for this long? Sure, the contest crowd makes up a very small percentage of the WOOT purchasing community, but PayPal funds and free shipping coupons gotta go somewhere.

Yes, clevah they are.



That's all very true -- now can someone please remind woot.

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

wildwolf11


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildwolf11
ActorTom wrote:He's got his glasses on backwards



Yeah, I know. I had to flip them to make them fit on his head the right way. Maybe the reverse colors will make it look like the image is sucking into the page instead of jumping out...? (No, I know. Not really).

Xexus


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

Even before the Internet was about making money, it was about communication. That's all I'm asking for; someone official to come around and say "We haven't forgotten you", and maybe even a half-assed excuse for why things are so quiet. It's not just good customer service 101, it's a commomn courtesy that takes little to no effort to do.

Signature censored by Woot

stunnard


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stunnard
Xexus wrote:This looks great. I like the suns' slightly distorted reflection on the clock, nice touch.

I can't help wonder about the source star wars picture though. He has the tie fighters on one side, the x-wings on the other, but they're all shooting at the viewer and not each other.



Thanks for the kind words Xexus, I always enjoy your entries.

bpeterson82


quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
TomW wrote:

Meh.

Sources:

Movie

Roomba

Leakfrog



Hey, how bout you be original:

From Woot Contest 206: Wootrace 2000

DarthJay


quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay

Huzzah, woot-off!!

Boo, no contest results for another week (or more)!!

I sure hope a BoC comes up...

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
toby8915 wrote:Frank Miller's Woot City



I am sure this monstrosity is nevertheless the subject of many woot-fantasies now that it has become a reality.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
phedhex wrote:Bag of carp for a bag of sand?



I imagine the bag of sand is the better payoff

DarthJay


quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay
AdderXYU wrote:I imagine the bag of sand is the better payoff



At least you have a CHANCE at getting a bag of sand...

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

FedUpOldHag


quality posts: 0 Private Messages FedUpOldHag
DarthJay wrote:At least you have a CHANCE at getting a bag of sand...



100% guaranteed... I'll sell you a bag of sand (hereby known as BOS) for $1 plus $5 s&h.


bradcrc


quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradcrc

aw, I missed a woot off? darn. oh well.


so did they stop these contests then? wasup?

Xexus


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus
bradcrc wrote:aw, I missed a woot off? darn. oh well.


so did they stop these contests then? wasup?





Signature censored by Woot

DarthJay


quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay
FedUpOldHag wrote:100% guaranteed... I'll sell you a bag of sand (hereby known as BOS) for $1 plus $5 s&h.



Will my BoS be full of JUST sand?! You've gotta give me SOMETHING here...like maybe your cat got at the sand BEFORE you bagged it up?!

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

bradcrc


quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradcrc
mwiseman wrote:Hey, we don't have these spiffy colored boxes next to our names for nothing.




wat?

cicada


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cicada

i just heard and am so sorry

FedUpOldHag


quality posts: 0 Private Messages FedUpOldHag
DarthJay wrote:Will my BoS be full of JUST sand?! You've gotta give me SOMETHING here...like maybe your cat got at the sand BEFORE you bagged it up?!



I can throw a surprise in there. I have a cat and two hamsters and outside we get many raccoons, dogs, rabbits and squirrels. We also have spider eggs, mosquitoes, crane flies, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, skunks, and various road kills. None of these will be refurbished but all will be just as I found it.


gwbids


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwbids
bradcrc wrote:aw, I missed a woot off? darn. oh well.



How do you miss a 3-day woot off? Did you a least get one of those toilet hhandle night lights?

Well, I finally was there to glimpse the legendary Bag O Cr-p... and I have never witnessed a server freeze up so fast! It was HORRIFYING!

Well maybe next time, or the next time, or the next time, or the next...

I think the toilet handle night lights were like consolation prizes for the dejected Bag O Cr-p miners who didn't sleep for 3 days.

DarthJay


quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay
cicada wrote:i just heard and am so sorry



May it rest in peace.

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

bradcrc


quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradcrc
gwbids wrote:How do you miss a 3-day woot off? Did you a least get one of those toilet hhandle night lights?



been waiting for a wootoff for a long time, but just my luck, I was out of town on a kayak trip.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bradcrc/BWCASoloTrip#slideshow/


I think I'll take the trip over the wootoff, but would still be nice to have both. :D

ActorTom


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom
bradcrc wrote:been waiting for a wootoff for a long time, but just my luck, I was out of town on a kayak trip.


Two words: Black Berry


bradcrc wrote:
http://picasaweb.google.com/bradcrc/BWCASoloTrip#slideshow/


Nice slideshow, but i didn't see the stringer full of fish : {

ActorTom


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

bradcrc


quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradcrc
ActorTom wrote:Two words: Black Berry



haha. :D nice chop.




nah, there's no cell coverage for 100 miles.


would kind of defeat the purpose of being there if I was glued to the wootoff anyway.

gwbids


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwbids
ActorTom wrote:Nice slideshow, but i didn't see the stringer full of fish : {



WOW! I'd trade everything I bought on the woot-off for a fabulous experience like that. Of course, I only bough two toasters. The color and compositions in those slides are great.

Xexus


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

Hey Woot, now that the woot off is over, can we have at least one contest result, pretty please?

Signature censored by Woot

ActorTom


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

YouCantWootThis


quality posts: 17 Private Messages YouCantWootThis
Cptamazing wrote:



"into" should be two words.

...I'm just sayin'

mrwolfe00


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrwolfe00
YouCantWootThis wrote:"into" should be two words.

...I'm just sayin'



10 gloves for a dollar??????

"$1" should be "$3.14"

... I'm just sayin' google it

-me

mrwolfe00


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrwolfe00

-me

Xexus


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus
mrwolfe00 wrote:



I couldn't agree more.

Signature censored by Woot

DarthJay


quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay
mrwolfe00 wrote:



No kidding.

At first, it was annoying. Then it was maddening. Then is was funny. Then it fell into no-man's land. I mean, at the end of the day, they don't really owe us anything -- it's their site and they can run it how they want.

But SOME KIND of word on what's up would be nice. I don't even care about getting winners posted anymore. It would also be nice to know where the money and monkey they already owe me are.

Sigh.

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

Xexus


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus
DarthJay wrote:No kidding.

At first, it was annoying. Then it was maddening. Then is was funny. Then it fell into no-man's land. I mean, at the end of the day, they don't really owe us anything -- it's their site and they can run it how they want.

But SOME KIND of word on what's up would be nice. I don't even care about getting winners posted anymore. It would also be nice to know where the money and monkey they already owe me are.

Sigh.



A Woot CS rep that I wrote to said he poked Jason for us.

Signature censored by Woot

galacius29


quality posts: 1 Private Messages galacius29

I know i'm late but hopefully woot gods make an exception!



http://www.empiremovies.com/pictures/300-09.jpg
http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif

Cptamazing


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cptamazing
YouCantWootThis wrote:"into" should be two words.

...I'm just sayin'



HA! I already heard that one you unoriginal knitpicker. Try something new like.... maybe the blatant lack of a woot product. Oh noes, it's not even an entry! Poor mee's I carnt evan speel raght, I'ma neva gons a ween naw.

shan24


quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
Cptamazing wrote:HA! I already heard that one you unoriginal knitpicker. Try something new like.... maybe the blatant lack of a woot product. Oh noes, it's not even an entry! Poor mee's I carnt evan speel raght, I'ma neva gons a ween naw.



It's "nitpicker", not "knitpicker". I'm sorry I couldn't help myself. On a more serious note, welcome to the photoshop contests, I hope you stay and enter more often! We tease because we are just bored.

zilla81


quality posts: 5 Private Messages zilla81

Hi, Woot.

I miss the contests. Please to bring back.