bradcrc


quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradcrc
shan24 wrote:It's "nitpicker", not "knitpicker".




Haha. I lol'd


close to one of my favorite lines I use irl.


"I hate to be condescending... that's when one person talks down to another person, but... "

boredbabe90


quality posts: 2 Private Messages boredbabe90

so, I can just see it now. 1 year from now, the contests have been up and running again for a while and every ones going to be like. "hey, you remember when woot slowly stopped doing any thing for the photochop contests? starting with the long wait for results, then eventually no results... and then just no new contests in general... good times"

not really good times, but oh well.

I remember back in the day when it took no time at all for results, and now its come to this... nothingness

bradcrc


quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradcrc
boredbabe90 wrote:
I remember back in the day when it took no time at all for results, and now its come to this... nothingness




Shibas


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shibas

It seems the woot contest is going down in flames.

mwiseman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman
Shibas wrote:It seems the woot contest is going down in flames.



Yep.

In the Bermuda Triangle.

Amelia Earhart at the controls.

majit


quality posts: 1 Private Messages majit
mwiseman wrote:Yep.

In the Bermuda Triangle.

Amelia Earhart at the controls.



Douglas Corrigan as co-pilot.

majit


quality posts: 1 Private Messages majit
On October 7, 2009, 11:09 a.m. Jason Toon wrote: OK, it was a little late but we brought you two, two, TWO links to it! That's the kind of service that's made Woot what it is today!



Now, how about some of that same great Woot service for the Woot Photoshop Contest??

mwiseman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman
majit wrote:On October 7, 2009, 11:09 a.m.

Now, how about some of that same great Woot service for the Woot Photoshop Contest??



My dear Majit...I'm afraid you were the one who inserted the word "great" into that phrase.

*sigh*

fyrefall


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall
Xexus wrote:A Woot CS rep that I wrote to said he poked Jason for us.




toby8915


quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915

Xexus


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus
toby8915 wrote:



Ahh, now if we could only add a Pillsbury sound effect

Signature censored by Woot

tehpwnerer


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tehpwnerer
Xexus wrote:Ahh, now if we could only add a Pillsbury sound effect



Actually, why not just make a flash game out of it?

toby8915


quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
tehpwnerer wrote:Actually, why not just make a flash game out of it?



I SO would, but we can't post flash..as far as I know

mwiseman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman

Well, as long as we're not posting any new contests or winners threads, can we at least pay everyone off?

Hey, odds are I might buy something.

easy1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages easy1

孔子說:“比賽沒有贏家不是比賽。”


Confucius say, "Contest with no winners, no contest."

Toadlet


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet

I've tried posting flash by using some of my javascript trickery, but I couldn't get it to work. The angle brackets get changed into html, and I've tried using unescape(), but no luck. So far, I've only mastered image rollovers and changing our qube colors. Some more clever individual might get it to work, though.

I appear to be melting.

jokre89


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jokre89

jokre89


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jokre89

oops double post.. won't let me delete

bradcrc


quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradcrc
Toadlet wrote:I've tried posting flash by using some of my javascript trickery, but I couldn't get it to work. The angle brackets get changed into html, and I've tried using unescape(), but no luck. So far, I've only mastered image rollovers and changing our qube colors. Some more clever individual might get it to work, though.



just post a link to a page containing the flash file

Toadlet


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet

Yeah, but hacking the comment system is much more fun.

I appear to be melting.

easy1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages easy1



Waiting for an official vote on the contest?

During your wait, come on over to Dodgeball #150 and cast a vote that produces next day results!

easy1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages easy1

CONTEST #236 IS POSTED!







Xexus


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

This is the current contest that we're voting on.

Signature censored by Woot

newpollution


quality posts: 0 Private Messages newpollution

George A Romero's next film:

[

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

newpollution


quality posts: 0 Private Messages newpollution

larger image

[IMG=http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3685/wootrising.jpg][/IMG]

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/06/technology_enl_1158915771/html/1.stm

rockmasterflex69


quality posts: 5 Private Messages rockmasterflex69
mwiseman wrote:Yep.

In the Bermuda Triangle.

Amelia Earhart at the controls.



No wonder the contests are having so much trouble.


They let a woman drive? A PLANE?

cicada


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cicada
boredbabe90 wrote:so, I can just see it now. 1 year from now, the contests have been up and running again for a while and every ones going to be like. "hey, you remember when woot slowly stopped doing any thing for the photochop contests? starting with the long wait for results, then eventually no results... and then just no new contests in general... good times"

not really good times, but oh well.

I remember back in the day when it took no time at all for results, and now its come to this... nothingness



Yeah, not really good times.
Has it really been a text since you posted this??