lunaxxblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lunaxxblue

Ooh! How about pet.woot ?

redbullmoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redbullmoo
wootbirdie wrote:how do you get a black box?

Either crash an airplane or get some spray paint

wootbirdie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootbirdie
fumangoddess wrote:You buy 3 of these, lottsa times!

still confused.

ghstwritr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghstwritr

Oh my G*D Bury the Barracuda! Let's move on! The bar is actually 'moving backwards'.

Carol H. Berg

yakeshinu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yakeshinu
balisane wrote:A whiskey and soda, you say? Effective! :D

It' my genera plan hen the wootoff runs aground...

YouCantWootThis

quality posts: 17 Private Messages YouCantWootThis
bubbawheat wrote:Huh? Lower impedance? In what regard?

Interface wise comparing parallel to serial impedance is meaningless - they're different both in voltage, rate of slew, and the respective drivers and cables reflect (no termination pun intended) those needs just fine either way. (shrug)

Airflow for SATA is improved - no big ribbons or thick bundles blocking (impeding) airflow. ;-)

Heads & platters aren't impeded one way or the other by the controler to host I/O method. So, I give up. Did you mean something else?

Bacon Salt? Anyone?

OK, who wants to explain the whole "impedance thing to mr bubbawheat?

getting a reply like this is the best part of the day. I'd like to share the joy by letting someone else do the 'splanin...

Hoser768

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Hoser768
YouCantWootThis wrote:Try checking on Maxtor. You won't find any fans. Also look for the old IBM drives (desk star and travel star). They sold the whole thing to Fujitsu to escape the train wreck.

I'm a Maxtor fan, and after what I've heard about the Deathstars, I think I have the only 20G 75GXP still operating on the planet.

Listen to me now, or hear me say "I told you so" later.

jtfaulks

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jtfaulks

Just bought two to move things along, you guys owe me!

rayedington1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rayedington1
jbutenhoff wrote:Buy 100 of these hard drives! You will then get a black box!

actually 100 purchases, multiples don't count

yakeshinu

yakeshinu wrote:It' my genera plan hen the wootoff runs aground...

Yow. That was the wireless keyboard cutting out, not the effects of intoxicants (yet).

blthomps

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blthomps
pulyaover wrote:Will this work to replace the hard-drive in the Playstation 3?

NO. You need a laptop sized HD for the PS3

snappydude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snappydude

Plenty of room under the trunk and lots of ca$he to boot - WOOT,WOOT

alexdreamz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alexdreamz
YouCantWootThis wrote:OK, who wants to explain the whole "impedance thing to mr bubbawheat?

getting a reply like this is the best part of the day. I'd like to share the joy by letting someone else do the 'splanin...

Forget it, dear... I can't do it NEARLY as well as you can. It's all on you!

[Besides, I don't know what it means, REMEMBER??] ;)

jbutenhoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbutenhoff
wootbirdie wrote:still confused.

You have to have over 100 Woots purchased!

tomm2thumbs

quality posts: 27 Private Messages tomm2thumbs
jtfaulks wrote:Just bought two to move things along, you guys owe me!

High five and a cup of soda to the man in the dark corner buying drives.

ScoopLV

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ScoopLV
wootbirdie wrote:how do you get a black box?

Dive off the coast of Brazil?

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61

I will stay with my WD hard drives in both my wifes computer,and mind.I have had very good luck with these.I have never used a Seagate,but all I have heard through the years,that they are not that great,but who knows.

yakeshinu

jbutenhoff wrote:You have to have over 100 Woots purchased!

Don't feed the trolls. White box + joined today + really stupid questions = TROLL.

inkrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inkrat
fmfloyd wrote:I'm concerned about the physical size of this drive. It says the width is a little over 4 inches.

Will this not fit in a standard 3.5" drive bay? Other specs aside, that will be a major drawback to this product.

3.5" accounts for the platter size. A standard 3.5" drive bay is actually 4 inches wide.

Desktop hard drives are actually approx 4" by 5 3/4"... The only variance you are likely to see is thickness.

You are very, very, very unlikely to see anything other than a standard 3.5" width or 2.5" width hard drive outside of computers. Exceptions include the 1" Microdrive, the 1.8" drives used in older iPods... but those are the exception rather than the norm.

engineire

quality posts: 5 Private Messages engineire
alexdreamz wrote:Wow! You go off to do a little thing like pick the kids up from school and get some deck screws to fix the gate the dog ate and what do you get when you come back? Total meltdown in the woot-off forums.

Methinks this is more serious than someone gettin' their cornflakes peed in... methinks there's a serious case of sleep deprivation goin' on here. Better play nice, kids, or the Gods of Woot will cut you off!

I got a good chuckle out of that. Well said.
It's amazing how people find vengence out of something as fun as woot. Just amazes me.

aolbites

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aolbites
fmfloyd wrote:I'm concerned about the physical size of this drive. It says the width is a little over 4 inches.

Will this not fit in a standard 3.5" drive bay? Other specs aside, that will be a major drawback to this product.

Are you serious? 3.5 is the size of the platter, not the entire hard drive including case...duh.

Brand New Wooter...so far...

ChiliGurl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChiliGurl

I've owned two Seagate hard drives in my life, and wouldn't advise anyone to buy one. Especially a re.fur.b.

Percussionistjd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Percussionistjd

so i totally bought one and got an email from woot saying i r getting Boggy Old Creature

cshupe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cshupe
YouCantWootThis wrote:Try checking on Maxtor. You won't find any fans. Also look for the old IBM drives (desk star and travel star). They sold the whole thing to Fujitsu to escape the train wreck.

..I'm just sayin'

I like my Maxtor exterior drives, so far like a rock.
The IBM HD operation was sold to Hitachi; other than a couple of model series (the "deathstars" deskstars) IBM's and Hitachi's are solid and fast.
HD's are cool, the size of these things now is incredible, and bang for the buck is phenomenal.
That said, no refirbs for me! Not at this price. Maybe for half.

wutblosgoats

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wutblosgoats

6 months worth of hard drives (I used to be IT Support). It was a couple years ago. Everybody hates one drive or another. I run everything but Maxtor. I have 12 computers (and no life) and have only lost 1 drive in the last 7 years. I even have a couple Death Stars still running.

tomm2thumbs

quality posts: 27 Private Messages tomm2thumbs

does anyone suspect that Seagate is now buying these to put in their 5 pm sale later today? that yellow bar sure has been dropping

stuntdriver

quality posts: 9 Private Messages stuntdriver

It has been a LONG day...

• World of WootCrap lv5 07/11/14
  • Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/14
  • Personal Facebook Crap 6/25/14
  • 12 Days of Crapness 12/8/13
  • in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 4/26/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 3/22/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 6/15/11
  • Random Crap (Level 8) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap (Level 2) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap 10/21/10
  • Random Crap 9/22/10
  • Random Crap 8/20/10
  • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
  • Random Crap 1/28/10
  • Santa’s Sack O’ Crap 12/25/09
  • Random Crap 12/25/08
  • Random Crap 6/20/08
  • Random Crap 4/1/08
  • Sansa e250 11/5/07 (The one that started it all!)

yakeshinu

ChiliGurl wrote:I've owned two Seagate hard drives in my life, and wouldn't advise anyone to buy one. Especially a re.fur.b.

Really? I've used SG & WD and had no real probs from either.

duckcake

quality posts: 44 Private Messages duckcake
ChiliGurl wrote:I've owned two Seagate hard drives in my life, and wouldn't advise anyone to buy one. Especially a re.fur.b.

posts like these arent helping things move... say only GOOD things

Hi people =þ

YouCantWootThis

quality posts: 17 Private Messages YouCantWootThis
bubbawheat wrote:Huh? Lower impedance? In what regard?

Interface wise comparing parallel to serial impedance is meaningless - they're different both in voltage, rate of slew, and the respective drivers and cables reflect (no termination pun intended) those needs just fine either way. (shrug)

Airflow for SATA is improved - no big ribbons or thick bundles blocking (impeding) airflow. ;-)

Heads & platters aren't impeded one way or the other by the controler to host I/O method. So, I give up. Did you mean something else?

Bacon Salt? Anyone?

OK, I'm only going to say that impedance has a special meaning in the woot forums, especially during a woot-off. You will need to stick around or use the google to learn more...

...meanwhile I am laughing uncontrollably, and milk is coming out of my nose - and I didn't drink any milk today. It's that funny to me when I'm sleep deprived.

Wadekind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wadekind
cobraman61 wrote:I will stay with my WD hard drives in both my wifes computer,and mind.I have had very good luck with these.I have never used a Seagate,but all I have heard through the years,that they are not that great,but who knows.

I have had 2 OEM hard drives fail both made by WD so who knows??

?

bubbawheat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubbawheat
YouCantWootThis wrote:OK, who wants to explain the whole "impedance thing to mr bubbawheat?

Go for it - I'm a EE who designs resonant control systems so I'm sure I can handle your theory. What anecdotal problems lead you to think PATA drives have some "impedance" advantage over completely incomparable SATA paradigms the rest of us don't find problematic (a $6 cable will do).

I'm not sure why this would be the best part of any one's day but do tell if there's enjoyment and splanins to be shared - you talk & I'll play the bongos to make it dramatic! ;-)
Babbabaaaloooooo!

alexdreamz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alexdreamz
engineire wrote:I got a good chuckle out of that. Well said.
It's amazing how people find vengence out of something as fun as woot. Just amazes me.

Well, you know, I've been hanging out here all day - more to avoid working than from a burning desire to buy anything - and while I wrote that rather tongue in cheek, it's also rather true. The whiners have gotten louder and the bitchers have gotten even nastier than that. I figure it's like toddlers who haven't had their nap - cute for a while, then it gets on your nerve. And since my toddler already got on my nerve............

will01gt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages will01gt
Percussionistjd wrote:so i totally bought one and got an email from woot saying i r getting Boggy Old Creature

Got the same email and I've yet to buy Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966) ... LOL

Enough stuff to earn me a black square .....
Woo Hoo !!!!!

NoSuccess

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NoSuccess

Just bought one but didn't notice it was a refurb until after... oh well i got to use one of my old coupon codes so I got free shipping :/

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

Second item in a row going down to an hour time limit. Maybe the'll send out HDD in the baby of the cosmos, cause you know you will get some fish finders.

Joltzeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joltzeh
tomm2thumbs wrote:does anyone suspect that Seagate is now buying these to put in their 5 pm sale later today? that yellow bar sure has been dropping

I think percussionistjd's comment caused it.

therealbiglou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages therealbiglou

Newegg has a WD 750GB new for $55 with free shipping. MUCH better deal.

Mayday408

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mayday408
YouCantWootThis wrote:OK, I'm only going to say that impedance has a special meaning in the woot forums, especially during a woot-off. You will need to stick around or use the google to learn more...

...meanwhile I am laughing uncontrollably, and milk is coming out of my nose - and I didn't drink any milk today. It's that funny to me when I'm sleep deprived.

Cool story bro

kmf600

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kmf600
Percussionistjd wrote:so i totally bought one and got an email from woot saying i r getting Boggy Old Creature

I can smell a lie like a fart in a car