WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

At some point in the probably not-so-recent past, we asked you to show us how you could use past or current Woots as part of your superhero, sci-fi, or video-game costume. Since we viewed all these entries, does that mean we've seen everything there is to see at one of these conventions? We hope not, because we have the feeling that the people-watching is the best part.

First Place - $100
snackbot - Samus of Woot

We wonder what Baby Samus looks like?

Second Place - $50
stunnard - Wootchy Woman

Bonus points for not going with the obligatory Roomba!

Third Place - $20
Xexus - Who you gonna Call?

Xexus!

Honorable Mentions
FedUpOldHag - Power Squid

She can wrap you up in her tentacles any time she wa-- hey, is that the Lone Ranger?

gwbids - Warning Warning
Robot Model B9 should be able to make Router Girl's frown turn upside down!

toby8915 - Frogatronic
Leakfrogs want to dress up and go places, too. What, did you think they wanted to stay in the basement all the time?

fyrefall - The Broc!
When he gets presidential, he turns into broccoli!

bradcrc - Things That Make You Go Hmmm
Boy that's a large outlet you have there.
Hey, bradcrc, your image is no longer on the server you posted it to. Give us a new, valid image URL and we'll post the picture here.

Monkey Prize
turrets11 - Candi Hat

This is one time when the source image was not necessary. What did you put in the search box, anyway? Nevermind, we don't want to know.

Money winners, please email your Paypal info to jtoon@woot.com. Monkey Prize winner, please email your shipping address to jtoon@woot.com. You also get to pick which one of these outfits Jason should wear for Halloween! It's your lucky day! Honorable Mentioneers may use coupon code HONMEN-FS for free shipping on a future order. Until next time remember: If you're looking for cosplay ideas, you could always go as Evil Bert, bacon, or your Mii.

DarthJay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay

***rubs eyes***

I think I must be dreaming...this can't really be here, can it?!

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

stunnard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stunnard

Congratulations "snackbot" and all other winners & HMers.

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

Congrats winners & HMers.

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND

Congrats, snackbot and others!

TomW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomW

Okay, now before we go back to complaining about slow results, we need the following in this thread.

1) Expression of disappointment from someone who did not get an honorable mention, even though they did not actually enter, they just think they did.

2) Expression of disgust that a clearly superior entry did not win.

3) Expression of disgust that winning entry is unoriginal.

4) Suggestion that the Monkey Prize was awarded because the judges "Did not understand it."

5) Meta-post discussing comment threads without contributing anything relevant.

I've got #5 covered.

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

Thanks Judges, for the 3rd place win!!!
Congrats to everyone else who won something.

And a 1000 Thanks to the J man for posting results today!

Signature censored by Woot

DarthJay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay

My constant protests and complaining have removed my clearly superior work from the winners list. At least - that's the story I'm sticking to. Congrats winners and HMs.

Another 6 weeks for contest 231 winners?

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
TomW wrote:Okay, now before we go back to complaining about slow results, we need the following in this thread.

1) Expression of disappointment from someone who did not get an honorable mention, even though they did not actually enter, they just think they did.

2) Expression of disgust that a clearly superior entry did not win.

3) Expression of disgust that winning entry is unoriginal.

4) Suggestion that the Monkey Prize was awarded because the judges "Did not understand it."

5) Meta-post discussing comment threads without contributing anything relevant.

I've got #5 covered.

please tell me that there truly is not anything to "get" about the monkey prize. Please. Please.

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Josephus wrote:please tell me that there truly is not anything to "get" about the monkey prize. Please. Please.

perhaps the contest has been delayed because wanted to give that hunk a first place nod? hmmmmm?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
DarthJay wrote:My constant protests and complaining have removed my clearly superior work from the winners list. At least - that's the story I'm sticking to. Congrats winners and HMs.

Another 6 weeks for contest 231 winners?

damned straight. ;^)

Actually, I believe there's a woot office move going on right now, so the next one may not be right away.

wildwolf11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildwolf11

Hooray, contest results! It's a Christmas miracle!

Congrats winners and HMs. I'll admit I'm a little disappointed I didn't get a nod, I thought mine was clearly...

Oh, wait. I didn't enter this one. (Does that cover #1 on the meta-list?)

wildwolf11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildwolf11

...And for the sake of dusting off the old cobwebs, I thought I'd remind everyone (and the winners in particular) that if you haven't done so before, you need to fill out a W-9 and send it with your Paypal info to collect your winnings. Also, a reminder that their payment model follows some sort of quarterly schedule, though what calendar it follows is anyone's guess.

For a slightly more detailed explanation, here's what I posted last time this came up, and here is where Tom posted links to the tax forms.

Can't wait until mid-November when they post the next set of results!

snackbot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snackbot

Holy exclamation point, Contest results! And I got my first money prize!

Congrats other winners and HMs! =)

gwbids

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwbids
Xexus wrote:Thanks Judges, for the 3rd place win!!!
Congrats to everyone else who won something.

An HM! I have moved up out of the ranks of total obscurity. The cash prize is next.

Thanks all.

turrets11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turrets11

Monkey prize! Don't hate on it...

kwkelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwkelli

Congrats, all!