McGuffy


quality posts: 7 Private Messages McGuffy

I had the FS code work for me on several occasions when I hadn't even entered a contest, so karmically, Woot is in the black. At least in my limited sliver of reality.

"There are 2 types of people in the world: Those can extrapolate from incomplete data."

TomW


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomW
McGuffy wrote:I had the FS code work for me on several occasions when I hadn't even entered a contest, so karmically, Woot is in the black. At least in my limited sliver of reality.



So what you're saying is that you're the reason we can't have nice things?

mwiseman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman

You mean I could have just leeched off of everybody else all this time?

Man...all the lost years. I could have witnessed the birth of my children.

mrwolfe00


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrwolfe00



they said no one is getting paid because they spent on the winnings on new costumes

-me

md1088


quality posts: 6 Private Messages md1088

anddd the contests went where?



=(



TomW


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomW
md1088 wrote:anddd the contests went where?



=(



The scientific community is divided on the question of where the contests went.

Some believe that they are trapped beyond the event horizon of a super-massive black hole. Others believe that they were canceled out of existence after colliding with exotic particles generated by the Large Hadron Collider. Personally, I believe that they were eaten by a small dog.

taipan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages taipan
md1088 wrote:anddd the contests went where?
=(



You know that guy who dumps his college girlfriend via text message, then stops attending classes regularly so he won't run into her, then changes his cell number so she can't try to call him anymore, then asks to crash at your place for a while so she can't track him down at his place? Then he stays until his welcome is more than worn out just because he doesn't want to break up with her properly?

Woot is that guy.

Us choppers are that girl. We just need to buck up and move on (and forget about that money he owes us).

jacobyjd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacobyjd
taipan wrote:You know that guy who dumps his college girlfriend via text message, then stops attending classes regularly so he won't run into her, then changes his cell number so she can't try to call him anymore, then asks to crash at your place for a while so she can't track him down at his place? Then he stays until his welcome is more than worn out just because he doesn't want to break up with her properly?

Woot is that guy.

Us choppers are that girl. We just need to buck up and move on (and forget about that money he owes us).



But...you don't understand! My CDs are in Woot's truck!

mwiseman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman
jacobyjd wrote:But...you don't understand! My CDs are in Woot's truck!



Hell, my 8-tracks are still in WOOT's Gremlin.

"We've Only Just Begun" was our song.
*sigh*

DarkZrobe


quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe

It appears they removed the contest posts from the front page, I take it they will not be doing anything for the contests they have yet to award?

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
DarkZrobe wrote:It appears they removed the contest posts from the front page, I take it they will not be doing anything for the contests they have yet to award?



Expect a more official announcement soon, but our man dave bug has a comment in another thread.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 119 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Gatzby wrote:Expect a more official announcement soon, but our man dave bug has a comment in another thread.



Adding on to this- if any of you still haven't gotten the winnings that you're due, please contact me via PM or email into service@woot.com and it'll come my way. Please send me the contest # you won (links are good!) and your PayPal email address if we are to be sending you $$.


kwkelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwkelli
agingdragqueen wrote:Adding on to this- if any of you still haven't gotten the winnings that you're due, please contact me via PM or email into service@woot.com and it'll come my way. Please send me the contest # you won (links are good!) and your PayPal email address if we are to be sending you $$.



Thank you, thank you, thank you. You are a Goddess!

boredbabe90


quality posts: 2 Private Messages boredbabe90

I have given up all hope, considering I forgot about the contests a few months ago and just remembered I used to do them. So I decided to take a look back and BOOM! nothing...
And I've given up hope on my second place winnings from contest 209. I have however sent an e-mail because the post above said I should. Let's just hope I actually get it, they just shut my store down a week ago and I'm out of a job and therefor cannot buy from woot :'(

turrets11


quality posts: 0 Private Messages turrets11

I sent a couple emails this morning and there seems to be some action being taken by Woot - I'm finally getting my monkey prize. Anyone who needs to claim a prize they haven't received should email Kristy at ktye@woot.com. Why I am telling you this instead of Woot posting it is beyond me.

I'm also encouraging them to get the results for the rest of the contests posted. I'm not holding my breath, but I'll let you all know if anything comes of it. In the mean time, it might help if more people email Kristy and encourage her to quickly facilitate this contest section's disaster resolution.

taipan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages taipan
turrets11 wrote:Why I am telling you this instead of Woot posting it is beyond me.

I am guessing that you don't hate us.

turrets11 wrote:I'm also encouraging them to get the results for the rest of the contests posted.

That would make my day! I have high hopes to at least place in one or more outstanding contests!

turrets11 wrote:it might help if more people email Kristy and encourage her to quickly facilitate this contest section's disaster resolution.

If FEMA responded to Katrina as quickly as woot has responded to these contests, the Saints wouldn't be in the superbowl. They would be dead.

If the previous months of emailing, boycotting, satirical post leaving, bad word of mouthing, commiserating, and twitter unfollowing couldn't get them to post the results to contests that I understand to have already been judged months ago, I don't know why a few more emails would suddenly do the trick...


turrets11


quality posts: 0 Private Messages turrets11
taipan wrote:If FEMA responded to Katrina as quickly as woot has responded to these contests, the Saints wouldn't be in the superbowl. They would be dead.

If the previous months of emailing, boycotting, satirical post leaving, bad word of mouthing, commiserating, and twitter unfollowing couldn't get them to post the results to contests that I understand to have already been judged months ago, I don't know why a few more emails would suddenly do the trick...



Conan told us to not be cynical before he left. I was trying on a new hat for the day...

Xexus


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

Just got tired of seeing Feb 6

Signature censored by Woot

GodfatherND


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND

I got tired of seeing Feb 19.

toby8915


quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
GodfatherND wrote:I got tired of seeing Feb 19.



Feb. 20th is SO (please use house wives of orange county attitude here) 3 days ago.

SBCJester21


quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21
agingdragqueen wrote:Adding on to this- if any of you still haven't gotten the winnings that you're due, please contact me via PM or email into service@woot.com and it'll come my way. Please send me the contest # you won (links are good!) and your PayPal email address if we are to be sending you $$.



xbFIFTEEN


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xbFIFTEEN

Hi im here to pick up my prize...whats been going on here?