lordielordie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lordielordie

Bilingual! cool!!! how do you say "I just got nailed" in Spanish?

Wooting since 2005..

AKrotkov

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AKrotkov
 elpepe wrote:

what state is that? I thought VA was the only state where radar detectors are illegal

I know for a fact it IS illegal in VA.

DC is outlawed too:

Source: http://www.afn.org/~afn09444/scanlaws/radar4.html

nodoze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nodoze
 JPJR wrote:
Does this thing come with the power cable to plug into your lighter?

No, it runs on faith. You better have a lot of it if you expect it to save you from a ticket.

med1171

quality posts: 0 Private Messages med1171

Was hoping to make my first purchase....not tonight I guess...or last night..or....you get it...

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

meh. Not terribly useful, a mediocre performer. And a poor radar detector is worse than none at all. I'll take a pass. Night all.

elpepe

quality posts: 13 Private Messages elpepe

I got one just now.... BUT HOW IS IT POWERED? Am i missing where it says that?

DonPaulieone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DonPaulieone
 mmmbeer wrote:
Bleh... My first post, but this is the worst woot... and this is the only time I've ever been around at midnight.

Yeah me too man, oh well, there's always tomorrow

hlapointe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hlapointe

Newegg $39.99 with $4.99 three day shipping

tzempel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tzempel

I stayed up for this lame detector. When's the next Beverage of Choice?
Bag O' Crap Yo!

DoctorTim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DoctorTim
 lordielordie wrote:
Bilingual! cool!!! how do you say "I just got nailed" in Spanish?

Ask your mom.

wipudin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wipudin

3.5 / 5 ratings from Radar's Roy
Linky

I'm in for one :)

sadeer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sadeer

Many police cars now have radar guns that will detect that your speeding before the radar detecor will detect the cop, therefore it renders this device useless.

naughty_mage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naughty_mage
 rc78712 wrote:
If woot is taking requests, I'd rather have a handheld GPS unit so I can go out and look for caches. Maybe tomorrow night ...

I'll second that one! My GPS V died after about 3.5 years of moderate usage. Garmin wants $150 to refurb it and I can get a new one for $230, and I'm tired of the whole "19 megs of flash memory that takes an hour to write through the serial port". It still *technically* works, with the minor drawback that it can't get any satellite signals with either of my two antennas. Slightly useless, eh?

zoomie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zoomie
 elpepe wrote:
I got one just now.... BUT HOW IS IT POWERED? Am i missing where it says that?

The ones I looked up on FROOGLE say they come with a power adapter. I think that means lighter socket power cord.

mountain94

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mountain94

INCLUDES - mounting bracket, suction cups, and power adapter

elpepe

zoomie wrote:

The ones I looked up on FROOGLE say they come with a power adapter. I think that means lighter socket power cord.

Saw that too in Web search... Does this mean I won't ever be able to talk on my dead cell phone while charging it and speed at the same time? Why wouldn't it also have battery backup in case I need to free up the one lighter/outlet?

zoomie

Two Different Users wrote:
Yeah me too man, oh well, there's always tomorrow
... and this is the only time I've ever been around at midnight.

Move to Russia -- WOOT begins at 9:00 a.m.

Only you can't get your stuff shipped here. . .yet.

valere

quality posts: 1 Private Messages valere

First time I was ever up late enough to catch the changing of the Woot, and it's this crap. :(

elpepe

valere wrote:
First time I was ever up late enough to catch the changing of the Woot, and it's this crap. :(

This is pretty cool for people who want a shot at avoiding a speeding ticket but don't want to pay the cost of a speeding ticket in a detector. It's $90 at radarbusters.com with a good review. Plus it has a digital compass -- I had a flat tire last week and while waiting in the auto shop I was going to buy a digital compass for $20 anyway... good thing I held off... For $15 more I get a radar and laser detector.

illegallyalive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illegallyalive

I just got one.
My FIRST WOOT!!!

p.s. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE POST "First page" !!!!!!!!! that's all.

sullimart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sullimart

Second Page!!!! Whateva. I want probation!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST) You wanted it and got it. Now, time to find a hobby.

pillburt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pillburt

I know where I live if a cop spots one of these in your car, even if your not using it, they will write you for the full amount of the ticket instead of rolling it back a few mph... just FYI.

mss542

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mss542

Its a nice detector.but the one I got last, time the compass stays on west no matter what direction Im traveling. Thats the only thing bad about it...

jmsolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmsolf
 rc78712 wrote:
If woot is taking requests, I'd rather have a handheld GPS unit so I can go out and look for caches. Maybe tomorrow night ...

PLEASE WOOT! GPS GPS GPS!

Yawn, gotta pass on this junker!
GPS GPS GPS! :)

Zippy The Pinhead

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Zippy The Pinhead

This 2nd page is the first page of the rest of my pages........

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

timinator2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timinator2

Lemming or Wootling? I don't know. Bought 3. A fine stocking stuffer if nothing else. "Ooh look a compass! And it detects K-Marts and Safeways too!"

vaelek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vaelek

Ok woot. At least it's not a trainset or a damn tofu maker.. Still not the best post t-day woot but you're getting better. I've been meaning to grab one of these for a while now. So you're lucky you caught me. For all the bozo's saying if the thing goes off you're already screwed, you need to do your homework and it's obvious you've never owned one of these things. I've escaped many a ticket in the past with my old detector. You fail to realize that the lazer does not have to be pointed directly at you for it to go off. My old one (Cheap $30 walmart special) would go off if a cop was within a few blocks not even needing to be pointing in my direction. the VG-2 technology is pretty sweet also as after using it I have found that tons of cops have these radar detector detectors in their cars. OK, so pack up your ignorrance and go to sleep, it's past your bedtime.

tj willy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tj willy

http://www.compuplus.com/i-Sensoro-Zodiac-II-RadarLaser-Detector-with-Voice-Alerts-Digital-Compass-1005456~refer-dealtime.html

Has it pretty cheap but not as cheap as woot. $37 here I think.

Surprisingly high retail price... then down to $90 on buy.com and down from there. Makes for a good Christmas present. May be in for two.

Thanks woot!

250+ Woot items, 10 Big ol' Cornucopia#39;s, 7 shirts, 4 wines...

soltex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soltex

LOl. i got this the last time and it smurfed up on me

pernst

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pernst

How about NOT speeding... then you don't need this.

mofacrob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mofacrob
 zoomie wrote:

Move to Russia -- WOOT begins at 9:00 a.m.

Only you can't get your stuff shipped here. . .yet.

Yes, but Cuba might be able to deliver....or do they not deliver there as well? Oh well, drink some vodka and dream about being in the woot time zone....

1996 & 1997 Whidbey Golf Course Club Champion

zoomie

Here's a link to the manufacturer's website:
Zodiac II

Includes FAQs and a tab for the manual -- also bilingual!

elpepe

pernst wrote:
How about NOT speeding... then you don't need this.

For all the righteous talk about unsafe "speeding," consider going 80 mph on a 65-mph highway on a clear day, with light traffic and dry road conditions and zero pedestrians. It doesn't get much safer than that. Speeding laws are less about safety than generating revenue.

Lineback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lineback
 toolvins wrote:
first post

it says it was your seventh post, why would you lie???

pernst

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pernst
 elpepe wrote:

For all the righteous talk about unsafe "speeding," consider going 80 mph on a 65-mph highway on a clear day, with light traffic and dry road conditions and zero pedestrians. It doesn't get much safer than that. Speeding laws are less about safety than generating revenue.

I didn't say speeding wasn't safe. Just don't speed, then you won't get a ticket. What's the big hurry anyway.

mcgnome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcgnome
 pillburt wrote:
not a speeder, not for me. :O(

Here's a good excuse to become one, heh.

chin4me

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chin4me

I'm in for one. THIRD time buyer. Long time Woot Watchers Club! I've lost 95 dollars to date! All it takes is one click after a sensible dinner.! I've been looking for one for a while, and this is a deal to beat!
<HR>
Woot-the-F-ON!

harrty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harrty

I got one!

someguy184

quality posts: 0 Private Messages someguy184

almost bought one, then i realized i don't have a car :(

Blogging Old CEO cherry finally popped 4/1/2008
Box of Chorizo +coupon code s-NAIL on 4/1/2009
Bundle of Cornucopias 12/1/2010

elpepe

pernst wrote:

I didn't say speeding wasn't safe. Just don't speed, then you won't get a ticket. What's the big hurry anyway.

Even if I'm not in a hurry, it pains me to drive 65 in a 65 when I could safely go well over that. We only have a limited number of seconds on this earth