zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

CGamesPlay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CGamesPlay

Woot Info Post
fountains of wooters.us

M-Audio Recording Studio Equipment [New] - $59.99 + $5 shipping shipping

1 * M-Audio Recording Studio Equipment

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

- I made this!

Check out our new Chat Tracker and our Windows Mobile Tracker!

12milluz

quality posts: 15 Private Messages 12milluz

Have the Key Studio, Mixlab and Producer Mic- love em all.

Manufacturer's site: www.m-audio.com

sutefani

quality posts: 8 Private Messages sutefani

re-wootoff woot!

sept 25

those that got em before like em?

Leslie14

quality posts: 77 Private Messages Leslie14

Does this keyboard have the red light up keys so kids can learn to play their favorite songs??

12milluz

Leslie14 wrote:Does this keyboard have the red light up keys so kids can learn to play their favorite songs??

No, it does not.

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe
Leslie14 wrote:Does this keyboard have the red light up keys so kids can learn to play their favorite songs??

Sorry no you cant have nice things.

airjesse123

quality posts: 12 Private Messages airjesse123

For the TORQ Mixlab:

Man, I love this thing. Just got mine from the WootOff from UPS today and have already started playing around with it and making mixes. There is a GREAT review of the Mixlab on CNET

http://reviews.cnet.com/sound-cards/m-audio-torq-mixlab/4505-9334_7-32552148.html

toph25

quality posts: 4 Private Messages toph25

I own all 3...GREAT PRODUCTS!

You want three!!!!

cgonzo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgonzo

Inflation... this was $10 cheaper a few months ago http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3245195

regal8lager

quality posts: 43 Private Messages regal8lager

If I get all 3 will you throw in a cowbell?

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

vidmakr

quality posts: 18 Private Messages vidmakr
cgonzo wrote:Inflation... this was $10 cheaper a few months ago http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3245195

As I reacall those were refurbs, these ones are new

12milluz

cgonzo wrote:Inflation... this was $10 cheaper a few months ago http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3245195

Those were refurbs...

MindlessAutomata

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MindlessAutomata

Stuff like this wishes I was rich so I could afford playing around with this stuff. It also makes me wish I knew something about music and had an actual artistic talent. Guess it's back to writing juvenile gross poems and stuff.

DCno10

quality posts: 376 Private Messages DCno10

here's CNet's review of the music producer

and their review of the mixlab

and reviews of the keyboard on amazon

sugarqueen2k2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sugarqueen2k2

I got the mixlab and love it. The SW pulls songs directly from your iTunes library and the automatic beat matching is priceless. Definitely a great way to mix it up.

Crlygrl34

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Crlygrl34

Would this work for a 9 y/o who is taking piano lessons?

johnsonjpj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnsonjpj

How much would just one be? The keyboard that is.

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion
Crlygrl34 wrote:Would this work for a 9 y/o who is taking piano lessons?

I wouldn't recommend this for learning. It can only be used with a computer, and will be frustrating. It's more for pro recording.

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

faughtey

quality posts: 20 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

Is this the Deluxe version of home karaoke?

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

hashpling

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hashpling
MindlessAutomata wrote:Stuff like this wishes I was rich so I could afford playing around with this stuff. It also makes me wish I knew something about music and had an actual artistic talent. Guess it's back to writing juvenile gross poems and stuff.

Hello... Credit cards.

CONSUMERISM!

sugarqueen2k2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sugarqueen2k2
johnsonjpj wrote:How much would just one be? The keyboard that is.

$59.99 + $5 shipping.

mlgriggs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mlgriggs

It references Garage Band, but that's just for Macs, right? Does it work with Band in a Box for PCs?

12milluz

equazcion wrote:I wouldn't recommend this for learning. It can only be used with a computer, and will be frustrating. It's more for pro recording.

I second that. It's more useful as a controller rather than a full on keyboard since the keys are not weighted and do not provide the same feel as a real piano. Still, at the price, its great. I use one for recording little riffs and triggering things. The only difference was the $40 more I paid for mine;)

irradiated

quality posts: 5 Private Messages irradiated
Crlygrl34 wrote:Would this work for a 9 y/o who is taking piano lessons?

While it may suffice for learning patterns and fingering, you really want a weighted keyboard, even if it's not full size.

I have the Key Studio from the last round, and love using it with GarageBand (literally, just plug it in, launch GarageBand, and you're off). The keys have a decent feel for such a light keyboard, but it's not something you can use with tons of expression. However, it's great for laying down basic tracks and just general noodling.

My 5-yr-old son loves to play it, too - I just grab random voices from the software and let him jam. It's stood up to a few months of solid abuse from him, and still is 100%.

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim

I bought the Music Producer when these were on sale in August for the same price.

The quality of the audio recorded by this is superb. I recorded myself in Audacity and when I played it back I was amazed by how great it made me sound.

I have also used this with Skype, which worked great.

FYI, you don't have to install any of the software to get this running. With Windows XP, I just plugged it in, XP auto-detected it and installed the proper driver, and I was off and running.

sodakar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sodakar

Wow, I may have to buy all three, seeing as how the MSRP on these are $129, $299, $99, from left to right... All three for less than $200 is great...

freelance

quality posts: 15 Private Messages freelance

I was looking for a keyboard for a teen for Christmas...

**** Woot!
***Woot!

mhoop1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mhoop1

Word of warning: The keyboard does not like Windows XP MediaCenter edition. Learned this the hard way.

Seize the Woot!

tiberone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiberone

Does anybody know if the KeyStudio has a MIDI port in the back? The M-Audio site seems to only have the newer version of the KeyStudio, which does, but I don't remember the original having one :-\

jawnsixteen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jawnsixteen

I recently bought the keyboard for both midi work and to actually learn how to play piano.

Never having played the piano before, I felt it was definitely decent enough to learn on. The only downside would be plugging it in to use it, but for your kid it could almost stand to signify the beginning of a lesson.

xaoswolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xaoswolf
mhoop1 wrote:Word of warning: The keyboard does not like Windows XP MediaCenter edition. Learned this the hard way.

You know how they feel about windows 7 64 bit? I'd hate to have to run them off my laptop...

kingsbro

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kingsbro

does these work on Windows 7?

draigun

quality posts: 27 Private Messages draigun

In for the mixer. I think I could integrate this into FLStudio nicely.

kronickidd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kronickidd

ok, i'm just done from 8pm to 130am complying tracks and setting cues on the torq... then i jump here cuz my woot alert ,alerted me, i check.. whoa.. mixer ,board, mic... in for another mixer and keyboard... this stuff is a great deal and can't be passed up..i'm doing a live show tomorrow with these units!

kronickidd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kronickidd
tiberone wrote:Does anybody know if the KeyStudio has a MIDI port in the back? The M-Audio site seems to only have the newer version of the KeyStudio, which does, but I don't remember the original having one :-\

nope...suxks..i know. midi controller, but no midi out...

omnipotentq

quality posts: 14 Private Messages omnipotentq

Nice kit, but I couldn't stand to play on that keyboard, even for a few seconds. =x

HaverMatteo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages HaverMatteo

The mix lab is for basically mixing existing songs together like a DJ would, it is NOT a low cost alternative of a mixing board used in a recording studio

b00ks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages b00ks

I would be hesitant buying this if you are running Windows 7 64 bit.

I have been waiting for them to make drivers for an older keyboard (oxygen 8)for windows vista 64 bit... and I am still waiting. Doesn't look like they will ever make them, so I am basically sitting on a keyboard that does not work since all my os's are now 64bit. (great eh?)

I was thinking about picking this up, but I see that they have not developed win7 drivers for this, so that sort of sends up red flags for me.. as they have drivers for the 49i but are lacking them for the 49.

I really want to purchase this, but I can't bring myself to have another paperweight.

servili007

quality posts: 3 Private Messages servili007
b00ks wrote:I would be hesitant buying this if you are running Windows 7 64 bit.

I have been waiting for them to make drivers for an older keyboard (oxygen 8)for windows vista 64 bit... and I am still waiting. Doesn't look like they will ever make them, so I am basically sitting on a keyboard that does not work since all my os's are now 64bit. (great eh?)

I was thinking about picking this up, but I see that they have not developed win7 drivers for this, so that sort of sends up red flags for me.. as they have drivers for the 49i but are lacking them for the 49.

I really want to purchase this, but I can't bring myself to have another paperweight.

This already supports windows 7 64 bit, the vista 64 bit drivers work just as well....