+ Add a Comment

Tonithreecubs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tonithreecubs

I bought this for my husband last Christmas, and paid $50. It has been well worth it, and he uses it all the time. My other kids have Sansa products, and they all work great.

Randyl814

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Randyl814

I bought about 8 of these for gifts and everybody seems to be real happy to have them, no problems at all.

richg0404

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richg0404
bardofawen wrote:I just received my 8 GB Clip in the mail. Here are my thoughts:

- Be advised that like many devices, you can't use this one while it is plugged in via USB. Also, you may not see it register as a device on your computer until it receives a full charge.

It is true that while this clip is connected to a computer via usb cable you can not listen to it, you CAN listen to it if you are charging it with an AC wall charger (like the kind a lot of phones use)

Wildman63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wildman63
thaskaman wrote:not too thrilled with Sandisk + Refirb
but cheap enough to be 'throw away' mp3 players at worst case

and with microSD expansion up to 32gb??
not a bad deal at all, esp for younger kids

in for 2, hope it turns out well...

Sorry... no expansion slot in this model. I bought five of these for stuffin' stockings last year and they work great. I have loaded a 50+ hour audio book with room for another one the same size. Great MP3 player... FM radio and recorder included.

fbihop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fbihop

I have this and really like it. Have it in my car, 2 GB of music/podcasts is plenty for even the longest car ride.

Also, it's small enough that you can use it for jogging without noticing it.

concertFreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages concertFreak

need another 8gb sansa to replace mine that got stolen on thanksgiving.

Wildman63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wildman63
concertFreak wrote:need another 8gb sansa to replace mine that got stolen on thanksgiving.

If somebody stole your MP3 player on Thanksgiving, it might be time to consider moving.

anachostic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages anachostic
pjrusso8 wrote:Does anyone know if this comes in retail packaging and how soon I would receive it?

All the previous ones I have bought come in a bubblewrap baggie. The earbugs and USB cable are in new packaging.

Your receive date will vary depending on plenty of factors, the biggest being SmartPost. I can get a SmartPost delivery in about 2 weeks. Some have to wait up to 4.

gchamp3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gchamp3

Just popped my white box on these.

In for 3!

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
Faethe wrote:... Pretty stupid proof...

Sir, is that a challenge!?

I once ate a cricket.

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
Wildman63 wrote:If somebody stole your MP3 player on Thanksgiving, it might be time to consider moving.

LOL!!!

I once ate a cricket.

dans105

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dans105
geminga99 wrote:I prefer the Sansa clip's sound over ipods nano and shuffle. I also like the equalizer.

Jasmine France from CNET says it's one of the best she's heard: http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/sandisk-sansa-clip-2gb/4505-6490_7-32577902.html?tag=mncol;lst

jensauerkraut

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jensauerkraut

I love them. I have two, and i ordered two more. I am sick of iPods always breaking (been through four of them since they came out) and at this price I won't mind if i lose one. I'd need 50 of them to put all my music and audio books on, but i just swap music out periodically. Best thing--the battery lasts over 8 hours even on high volume and shuffle.

bmrbill

quality posts: 134 Private Messages bmrbill

$1.00 less than what I paid a year ago for this same item, gave it to my granddaughter and she still uses it.

Great item!

dalehutchins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalehutchins

didn't see that there was a recharger included?

El Marko

quality posts: 7 Private Messages El Marko
bevlowen wrote:I'm a senior citizen - really. I'm computer literate, but not Sandisk player literate. Soooo... how do I get music onto the thing? I have an Itunes account, but that's where it ends for me. Is there a website for complete newbies? Thanks.

Just drag and drop your MP3 music files onto it while plugged in. It'll show as an external drive. Go to their web site for the manual. It's really pretty simple and I'm near your age.

sascha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sascha

Just bought one. Will it work with Apple iTunes??? oops?

wootnewbee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootnewbee
dalehutchins wrote:didn't see that there was a recharger included?

Mini-USB to your PC with the included cable or your mini-USB phone charger.

in case you were about to ask, that's a big kitty with a 5:00 shadow cooking a T-Bone steak.

legionxts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages legionxts

I have the 4GB and its better than I expected. VERY punchy, bass doesn't drop out at higher volumes like my iRiver that takes AA batteries.

Korey Miller

contraba55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages contraba55

If nothing else, you might get some new music on a refurb'd unit.

cornett236

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cornett236
omnipotentq wrote:Here's a Cnet review

Decent ratings; looks like a solid player!

Looks ARE deceiving.

bought two of these and within a few weeks they BOTH crashed and would not play, reload or anything.

Worthless. do not waste the money.

aprildcoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aprildcoy

I have one of these already. I love it. I especially like that it has a clip. I clip it to the neck of my shirt and tuck the headphone wire in my shirt. Next best thing to wireless headphones!

Matingas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Matingas

grr.. so many mixed reviews..
i was thinking about buying 3.

one for rock, other for jazz/classical and the other for party things.

but sooo many mixed reviews and now i have my doubts. (how difficult is to put music in them? mac users)

erikagwen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erikagwen

I have the 1GB (refurb) and I have had nothing but problems with it. PC wouldn't recognize the device and on the Mac it says it's full with 12 songs on it. Pain in the ass.

ltcheng87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ltcheng87

very good recording sound quality... i use it for recording lectures... long battery life too... i highly recommend this

morse213

quality posts: 1 Private Messages morse213
SCtbfd wrote:I see many mentions of the firmware update. Will this unbrick my two dead ones? they seem to turn on when connected to the usb port but when unplugged they are just very light paperweights, won't power on at all. any thoughts?

Try a different USB cable. I had one where the cable was bad. I replaced it with one from monoprice and now it charges and works fine.

morse213

El Marko wrote:Just drag and drop your MP3 music files onto it while plugged in. It'll show as an external drive. Go to their web site for the manual. It's really pretty simple and I'm near your age.

You can also sync to the Clip using Windows Media Player.

morse213

Firebird4Life wrote:Does it have a display to list the titles of songs playing?

Yes it has a display.

morse213

kiminy wrote:Does this have a proprietary USB adapter??

My son has a Sansa e240 which has been very durable with good sound quality, but he lost the USB cable that came with it. It took a lot of hunting to replace it.

This offer would be more tempting if the device uses a common USB interface.

Kim

It uses a standard mini USB cable.

morse213

These are great. We have 3 of them. I use them to record interviews and listen to Overdrive audiobooks from the library. My wife likes the FM player. It will also record from FM.

Alohamora

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Alohamora
contraba55 wrote:If nothing else, you might get some new music on a refurb'd unit.

Just the same 4 sample songs that come on brand new Sansas. I've purchased a number of these (1 and 2 gig sizes) from Woot and they all looked like new. Gave a few as gifts too.

I love 'em. I've got about half a dozen in service, keep them in different places with different types of music loaded. Slow relaxing music on one, exercise music on another, one for audio books, one for recording meetings or lectures, one in the car. One has a weak battery now after lots of use. The others are still going strong.

Sound quality is excellent. Very easy to use.

Daveed84

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Daveed84

Audiophiles swear by these things, so I wouldn't worry too much about audio quality. That Pitch Bug sounds really weird though...

Peanut5150

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Peanut5150
mfladd wrote:I personally purchased a number of these 2gb players from wOOt some time ago. I have had no problems with them and neither has the people I gave them to as gifts. Just do not forget to update firmware after recieving them. The sansa site can help you with this:
http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/156/kw/firmware/r_id/101834. Also, charging thru your computer is exruciating slow. You are better off having a 110 usb charger which can be found very cheap.

Can you tell me if a 110 to 5v charger would work for this? I got one of the players for my Sis and want to get the charger as you suggested but not wait for the player to get here before getting the charger.

Thanks!

kjrehberg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kjrehberg
kogaku wrote:How are your ears?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SanDisk_Sansa#Music_Pitch_Bug

After reading the thread it appears they think the problem affects the Sansa Clip V2. You can tell which version you got by the software version number: 01.xx.xx is V1 and 02.xx.xx is V2.

kjrehberg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kjrehberg
gdavid wrote:For those of you who use Ubuntu, to drag and drop songs on directly you will have to change the USB settings on the Clip from MTP to MSC unless you have the newest version of Rhythm Box music player, which has a plug-in for MTP players. I actually found I prefer this, Ubuntu was a little weird with drag and drop.

Hold up! Be a little careful about MTP and MSC support. Some versions of the firmware do not let you select this and you need to do a special button press to enable it. If you always use the same computer when copying your music to this player you'll be fine.

If you plug into machines running certain Linux distributions without the correct software on them, the Sansa can get confused and go into MSC mode, which will not do audiobooks. The Clip has an automatic MTP/MSC detector that can be confused sometimes. If it selects the "wrong" mode you *cannot* play the files you copy in MSC mode when in MTP and vice-versa.

This is also the reason some people claim to have 12 songs but no space left--the space is being consumed on the MSC side (or MTP).

The automatic MTP/MSC detector can be disabled but some firmware versions make it unnecessarily difficult.

SharonaZamboni

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SharonaZamboni

I'm new here...apparently I have only one chance to buy? I've decided that I'd like to buy another,but the order form says that I already purchased and will not submit.

rlmushnick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rlmushnick
waacodemon wrote:If I have all my music on iTunes... how would I get it on this thing? Re-Upload it all?

Windows Media Player is the only program that can be used to upload music to it.

SharonaZamboni

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SharonaZamboni
anachostic wrote:In for 3 more. That makes 5 total for me. And why you ask? I'm going to preload them and give them in lieu of the obsoleted "mix tape". Not only can they get immediate satisfaction from it, they get a great MP3 player after they erase the music and their memory of me.

Now, I need to find some women who will talk to me.

Hey...cool idea. Hope you find some women to talk to you! (Maybe your Ma?)

LastApeMan

quality posts: 18 Private Messages LastApeMan
Rozie13 wrote:Bought this the last time around on Woot. Wanted to love it - did love it once I navigated the online help forums trying to figure out why my computer didn't recognize it - but once that was done... alas. Battery life was about 1 hour after full charging (and if unused, would totally discharge within 12 hours of full charging) and an odd bug that after 2:30 seconds of each song, it would stop playing.

Just a refurb-buyer beware.

I would buy one again, but not a refurb.

------------
If either of the two of mine have any of the problems you have described - some ones getting hurt.

What Lies Behind Us and Lies Before Us are Small Matters Compared to What Lies Right to Our Faces.

thaskaman

quality posts: 15 Private Messages thaskaman
chris4253 wrote:Same, my 10 year old nephew put his through the washer too. you just have to allow them time to dry out( i usually wait a month) then turn them on. works for most electronics. did the same thing to my iPod and a few phones.

you can wait like 2-3 days for it to fully dry out
you can ALSO wash your keyboards and someother electronic equipment (like keyboards) in water, AS LONG AS it has no electric value to its circuts, let it air dry and good to go again

love2clog wrote:Will we get these by Christmas???

yea gooood chance i bet they will
more than enough time to wrap em!

zephalis wrote:1) Turn the hold switch to hold
2) While holding the select button, plug it into the PC
3) Right-click the device in explorer and format it

This should unbrick the player. Warning...you will lose any songs that were on it.

when this (or sometimes other) mp3 players "become a brick" and dont seem to work again, there are ways to get around these annoyances
just do that

sascha wrote:Just bought one. Will it work with Apple iTunes??? oops?

preeeetty sure you can, select files, drag files over to the sansa (so long as your computer recognizes it) and let go of the mouse ("click-drag-drop")