kayboss

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kayboss

The monkeys have arrived!! YAY!!

Fedex said today the 30th, but they actually came yesterday! WOOHOO!!!

My nephews loved my other Woot monkey, and I got 2 for them this time, oh the joys they will bring upon me knowing they are driving their parents NUTS sling shotting these screaming monkeys across the room!!!

Well I am now awaiting the next Woot off...the late nights...the anticipation of when will the Boggy Old Creature come up...waiting to see that Sold Out button, and then continuously hitting F5 until the next wonderful thing pops up!! AHHHH I will have withdrawals from Woot until the next one...is there any such thing as Woot Anonymous? Boggy Old Creature Anonymous? Screaming Woot Monkey Anonymous?

I hope all you Wooters have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! See ya in 2010!!

@CrystalFeathers

KyserSoze

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KyserSoze
Estimated delivery Jan 2, 2010

I got these for my dog, he doesn't know or care when Christmas is, but it seems like it could have got here sooner if Woot had a midget sling shot it, walk up to it and slingshot it again, walk up to it...etc all the way here from Texas!

ariellem

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ariellem

update...

purchased Dec. 9th (a Wednesday)

Dec 13, 2009 11:49 AM
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Dec 23, 2009 4:49 PM (TWO WEEKS AFTER PURCHASE)
Arrived at FedEx location
DALLAS, TX

Dec 28, 2009 11:29 PM
Departed FedEx location
DALLAS, TX

Today is Wednesday, Dec. 30th (THREE WEEKS after purchase). Even skipping Xmas, Xmas eve, and all the weekend days, that's still a good 13 or so business days and it's not here yet. NOT GOOD, WOOT!!! Boo-hiss :-<

Estimated delivery
Jan 2, 2010

Maybe things would have gotten sped up if we'd all forwarded the tracking notifications to Woot's help desk from the beginning.

tons o' screaming monkeys (yay!)
almost no Box of Cobwebs in the past few years (boo :-< )

johncase152

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johncase152
bigmike485 wrote:OK I tried to laugh off 1/4 for a shipping date, but now it's been pushed back to 1/6. Regardless of how slow FedEx can be or how much can go wrong in a warehouse... it should not take 24 business days to receive an order.

I hear fedex shuts down for a large brick of days around Christmas adding to the long wait... and I'm there will be a similar delay over new years.

johncase152

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johncase152
bigcityjake wrote:Mine says delivery by 1/2/10, but it says is the shipping information is received. Whats going on here?

they told USPS to expect your package so that they know what to do with it...

KyserSoze

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KyserSoze

Smart Post has a 2-8 day delivery time frame. What delayed these was the 10 days it took Woot to get them to FedEx. I can only imagine why:

Bob:"Hey Jim, thanks for taking the monkeys to Fedex for me."
Jim:"What? I didn't take them, that was your job!"
Bob:"I know it's my job, but remember, I had a hangover on the 14th, so I thought you took them!"
Jim:"Look, I've covered for your drinking for years, you're an adult, face real life, man!"
Bob:"Well thanks alot for nuthin'! Now people are gonna be makin' fun of us on the blog!"

OutbackJon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages OutbackJon
OutbackJon wrote:Well, mine went through the USPS sorting facility in Springfield, MA at 12:01pm today. (12/29) That's only one state and 101 miles away. Maybe I'll be able to launch them to ring in the new year...

My Woot monkeys showed up in my mailbox on 12/30. So the kids will be able to launch them around at the New Year's party!

fldeals

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fldeals

My 3 Woot! Monkeys arrived today.

Scottydog0147

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scottydog0147

Dammit woot, i usually give 2 of these away and just keep one. But no, you had to go and send me 3 different patterns, 3 equally awesome monkeys i now have to keep...so i guess it was worth the 3 week wait

Mordechai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mordechai

Got my monkeys on the 30th! The mailman knocked on the door, dropped em on the ground, and scared everyone in the house when they went off!

Of course, 2 of my 3 monkeys have already been taken by friends (I always keep 1 so I have my own personal collection).

It only took 21 days for them to be delivered. Much better than my Woot! Shirts that seem to have never left yet.

McGurk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages McGurk

(3) arrived yesterday afternoon. Happy w00t Year!

viro340

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viro340
ariellem wrote:update...

purchased Dec. 9th (a Wednesday)

Dec 13, 2009 11:49 AM
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Dec 23, 2009 4:49 PM (TWO WEEKS AFTER PURCHASE)
Arrived at FedEx location
DALLAS, TX

Dec 28, 2009 11:29 PM
Departed FedEx location
DALLAS, TX

Today is Wednesday, Dec. 30th (THREE WEEKS after purchase). Even skipping Xmas, Xmas eve, and all the weekend days, that's still a good 13 or so business days and it's not here yet. NOT GOOD, WOOT!!! Boo-hiss :-<

Estimated delivery
Jan 2, 2010

Maybe things would have gotten sped up if we'd all forwarded the tracking notifications to Woot's help desk from the beginning.

I got the same tracking info although mine still only says departing from Dallas, TX. I'm starting to think this delivery person is on a bicycle. W00T I've already missed xmas and New Years, please make them arrive before Martin Luther Kings day. I got 3 angry people who were expecting a Screaming Monkey. (Yes I'm one of them.
PS. Perhaps you can attach a nitro boost to speed up the delivery man.

tre1160

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tre1160

Mine have been in transit from from Coppell, TX since Dec 29th. What is odd is that they were in transit from Salt Lake City, UT (final destination) on Dec 24th.

I don't care if the monkeys don't like Utah. This is getting ridiculous. If woot knew anything about customer service they would at least refund the shipping charges.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
tre1160 wrote:Mine have been in transit from from Coppell, TX since Dec 29th. What is odd is that they were in transit from Salt Lake City, UT (final destination) on Dec 24th.

I don't care if the monkeys don't like Utah. This is getting ridiculous. If woot knew anything about customer service they would at least refund the shipping charges.

If you haven't yet, you may wish to get in touch with service@woot.com with your order number and let them know the monkeys seem to have gone native during their Christmas holiday. Apologies for the inconvenience.

And if you get Kristy, let her know I'm coming for her.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

ViperPiper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ViperPiper

*sigh* Lack of Woot Monkeys makes me sad...

Azninvasion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azninvasion

Finally got mine today.

For those of you wondering, these ARE the same as the ones sold on May 15th, 2009. They must all be cut from the same cloth that has a lot of variation. I got 2 that look like the one from this time's picture and 1 that looks like the picture from May

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/Woot-Off_Lights_with_Screaming_Monkey82dDetail.jpg

Woot Charter Member #1542

Tadd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tadd

Just got mine today, which is weird. My mom ordered after me, same town, a few blocks away, and got hers a week before Christmas. I get mine a week after new years. Hmm.

flyersfan25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flyersfan25

While still not delivered, at least mine are now (allegedly) in my town. So maybe, just maybe, I can enjoy some woot monkey madness this weekend. God I need a life.

jrs1980

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jrs1980

I think my monkeys got jacked!

I live in an apartment, and "the addressee" was at work at 2:54. It also wasn't waiting for me when I got home at 9:30. Sadly, I was too far away to hear them scream for help. (If only they'd delivered it on their first attempt. I don't know why they didn't, but I'd just run to the store to pick up my scrips that day.)

Should I put up "Lost! HAVE YOU SEEN MY MONKEYS" signs in the hallway?

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

FerrisBueller

quality posts: 15 Private Messages FerrisBueller

Post a "REWARD" for any and all lost monkeys. Because if they get into the wrong hands someone will eat there brains. And there screams will be heard no more.

That's Bueller, Ferris Bueller

FerrisBueller

Better make that a big reward, I hear the market is quite good for chimp noodles.

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

If anyone needs one - I have an extra. PM me.

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

FerrisBueller

I have extras as well.

Azninvasion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azninvasion

Trades, anyone?

Haves:
purple
2x yellow
white