sparklecoogs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sparklecoogs

It's a nice little player for mp3 files, but I'd look elsewhere if you intend to play video. Sansa makes it plenty difficult to get your video files to play on this thing, especially if you're using a Mac. Granted, it's tiny, so video isn't ideal anyhow, but it's nice to have the option. I purchased one for my son so he could watch videos on long car rides, but on Xmas eve I gave up trying to load video files, and this was after visiting about a dozen help sites and forums. Made me wish I'd just spent the money for an iPod. Drag and drop for mp3? Yes. Drag and drop for mp4 video? Heck no.

rbsvariety

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbsvariety
yeawuteva wrote:can you save songs from the FM receiver onto this for later use?

yes

jcolt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcolt

Wow! I get my own woot! business card? I wonder what my title will be?

plastikjess

quality posts: 1 Private Messages plastikjess

I really am impressed with my Fuze. I have already dropped it on a treadmill and kicked it against a wall and not even a scratch. Mine is a refurb, and it's pretty durable. The volume is grest if you buy better or have better headphones, and the battery life is impressive.

My only issue is that I have a lot of trouble putting videos on it, even after reading tutorial after tutorial. Can't Rockbox it because it's version 2. I will not give up though.

Eric737

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eric737

Does it come with a wall charger if not where can I purchase one?

markn951

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markn951

My first woot!

This thing is great. I was about to buy a new Clip+ but when I saw this I couldn't pass it up. The sound quality is incredible on these things. You can pair it with an amp and a pair of cans ten times the price and be astounded. Also, the fact that it takes Micro SD is awesome. Can't wait to make this baby 18 gigs for under 100 bucks!

longhornkid5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longhornkid5
geminga99 wrote:Does the blue dial spin like the larger Sansas or is it like the Clip ?

why yes yes it does! it is almost the same

ericbaustin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericbaustin

Does it have a clip on the back?
I want to use it for running.

wooter117

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wooter117

Purchased the last refurbished Fuze from Woot. Still unable to set up playlists, even after following instructions from website, and having my tech savy 18 yo (who has had several mp3 players) try it. Disappointing, had set up playlists for gym, christmas, jazz, etc in real player and looked like they transferred to Fuze but wouldn't play. So can only play a mix of all the music - and have to look at player and keep skipping slow tracks when at the gym.

markn951

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markn951
ericbaustin wrote:Does it have a clip on the back?

No it does not. The Sansa Clip does.

aaltieri

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aaltieri
ericbaustin wrote:Does it have a clip on the back?

No, it doesn't. There are arm bands you get for it though. This is the one I got for my daughter,:

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Silicone-Accessories-Armband-Protector/dp/B001MVGWQM/ref=pd_sbs_a_7

There are betters ones available though. And it's small enough to fit into any pocket, no worries.

danielrmacleod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danielrmacleod

I'd be cautious about this one...I bought a refurbished Sansa Fuze from newegg.com a while back and had two issues with it:

1. I cracked the screen with my elbow while sleeping.

2. After a couple months, the fuze stopped charging with the proprietary USB cable when attached to my PC (rendering it useless until I bought another cable).

That said, the sound quality on the Sansa products is amazing, and many audiophiles will testify that they sound better than their Apple brethren. If you want a better purchase for ~$10 more, you can pick up a Sansa Clip+ 4gb for $40 when on sale. The clip is smaller, has equal sound quality, and has a MicroSD slot, just like its big brother.

danielrmacleod

aaltieri wrote:No, it doesn't. There are arm bands you get for it though. This is the one I got for my daughter,:

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Silicone-Accessories-Armband-Protector/dp/B001MVGWQM/ref=pd_sbs_a_7

There are betters ones available though. And it's small enough to fit into any pocket, no worries.

The Sansa Clip+ (mentioned in my post below) has a clip and is lightweight (thus unlikely to become detached).

rbrkovich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbrkovich
ffranky wrote:What kind of battery life does it have?

Got the 4G on Woot for $41.12. Battery life is fantastic. I use Sony earphones (not ear buds) when running. Very happy but one big problem. The turning dial gets stuck –very bad. Makes it very difficult to switch through menu to pick songs and change volume. Maybe it’s just mine? Other then that it is fantastic.

skip252

quality posts: 2 Private Messages skip252
wooter117 wrote:Purchased the last refurbished Fuze from Woot. Still unable to set up playlists, even after following instructions from website, and having my tech savy 18 yo (who has had several mp3 players) try it. Disappointing, had set up playlists for gym, christmas, jazz, etc in real player and looked like they transferred to Fuze but wouldn't play. So can only play a mix of all the music - and have to look at player and keep skipping slow tracks when at the gym.

I wrote a tutorial I posted on ABI a few months ago. There's several steps involved that include the possibility of having to reload your files if you loaded them in MSC (Mass Storage Class) and you will have to re-create your playlists.

The good part is that it requires no additional software and allows you to create playlists that include both the main memory and the microsd card.

Until Rockbox became usable on the V1 Fuze I used the "right click> Create Playlist" method dozens of times so know this is reliable.

Hope it helps.

skiznit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skiznit
fldeals wrote:No.

It does receive FM stereo and it also has a MicroSD slot (for extra storage or Slot Radio cards).

Slot Radio information:
http://slotradio.com/fuze

Can it hold bigger than a 2GB card?

rbrkovich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbrkovich
whinestein wrote:The black ring spins around but mine stopped spinning easily (probably gunk in it) and I couldn't get it clean and so have to glue little knobbies on it to spin it. The ease of the dial seems great at first but in the long run it's less reliable than Clip style clicking up and down and sideways.

YES I have same problem leaps into the vacuum BUT other then that It is fantastic. Fantastic sound -I think better then my i-phone. No gunk. just sweat form running. Almost bought this one to see if was just me. I will try the glue knobbies! The great sound, battery life and ease of uploading music makes it a fantastic deal for me.

ArthurAaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ArthurAaron

can you rate songs played on this fellow (gal?)?

chknhwk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chknhwk

Since I just got my refund from a Coby player I ordered in September that never showed up I ordered two of these. ;o)

stugots344

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stugots344
ffranky wrote:What kind of battery life does it have?

GREAT! Advertised as 24hrs. I get pretty close to it.

stugots344

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stugots344
dirkgently31 wrote:I got two of these in my last Boggy Old Creature. They are amazingly small and I am looking forward to using them for dictation. I wish I could say more but I still need to buy a transfer cord, as that was not included in my Boggy Old Creature I think for travel they may be unbeatable though.

Greta deal for additional Combo Pack, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ELNX9E/ref=oss_T15_product

danielrmacleod

skiznit wrote:Can it hold bigger than a 2GB card?

Yes, it holds a 2, 4, 8, 16, and a 32gb card, although the 32gb card hasn't been released yet.

skimatsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skimatsu

Hey... anybody know the supported video formats?

Samuel A Jones

ramjet2001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ramjet2001
Eric737 wrote:Does it come with a wall charger if not where can I purchase one?

It has a USB cable that charges it, but if you need a wall unit USB charger, you can go to www.ihtht.com and they have one for 1 cent today.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Got a refurb one of these in my Christmas Boggy Old Creature from last year. It's still working great.

rockhhh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockhhh

There are some good deals on some decent micro sdhc cards at Buy.com.

Here's the link to the 8 GB one:
http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-8gb-microsdhc-class-4-high-capacity-micro-secure-digital-card/q/loc/101/208403543.html

With this, you'll have a 10GB player for less than $45.

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass
dirkgently31 wrote:I got two of these in my last Boggy Old Creature. They are amazingly small and I am looking forward to using them for dictation. I wish I could say more but I still need to buy a transfer cord, as that was not included in my Boggy Old Creature I think for travel they may be unbeatable though.

I got an 8GB Fuze in my last Bad Old Cinema for which I also needed to buy a cable in order to learn that its screen was dead, rendering it essentially useless; basically an oversized 8GB thumb drive with a proprietary USB cable.

I love bacon!

Mystic`

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mystic`

oh, btw- be wary when trying to add mp3s on the expansion slot- the little chips seem to run out of naming space before they run out of memory space....would be great for movies though

packman711

quality posts: 2 Private Messages packman711

Out of all of the Sansa products, this is by far the "best".

ramjet2001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ramjet2001

I got one of these Sansa Fuse 2GB players in my last Boggy Old Creature, and I'm playing a Slot Radio chip in it now along with the other MP3's I've loaded in it.

I previously bought a Sansa 4GB for my daughter and a Sansa 8GB for myself from Woot, and they are in constant use.

morse213

quality posts: 1 Private Messages morse213
fz1woot wrote:Yes there is a record and playback feature for the FM radio. I doubt if you can transfer them to a computer or another player.

If it works like the Sansa Clip, you can save the audio you record from FM and move it to your computer.

OKeefe754

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OKeefe754

Techno-dork here, so this is probably a remedial question: Is this compatible with Itunes?

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva

yes

bugton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bugton

I have both the 2&4 gig Fuze, and the 4 gig E260. I love these players because of their small size, good battery life, and good sound. Unfortunately they all have the same problem, when you install a video the sound will be way out of sync. I checked the Sansa web site and found that this is a big issue and Sansa has no plans to address this problem with their conversion softwear, that you have to use. From the Sansa website I found blog entries that say some were able to correct the video sync problems by using 5 or 6 different programs, but the process is over my head. Anyone know how to correct this problem.

muditkumar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages muditkumar

I have been seeing all positive comments for this little wonderful, inexpensive player. So I decided to get one for me!

Hey it beats me from spending $200 on an iPOD ;-)

polysocio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages polysocio
destro2600 wrote:Sansa Fuze players are great for these 5 reasons (no particular order):

1: Voice Recorder functionality and FM radio recording.

2: Great non-iTunes software support. Hook up Songbird for easy library sync and Mediafly for podcast syncing.

3: Expandable memory (although I didn't realize it only accepts 4GB microSD cards...I have a 16GB card in my 4GB Fuze and it works!)

4: Customizable Graphic EQ

5: It's cheap without being Dollar Store quality.

So, does non-iTunes mean I can't transfer any of the music I have purchased on iTunes onto this?

dposborne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dposborne
polysocio wrote:So, does non-iTunes mean I can't transfer any of the music I have purchased on iTunes onto this?

The only things that will play Apple protected music are ipods or iphones, unless of course you burn your songs to disc with itunes and re-rip them into mp3's, but you lose quality if you do that.

idleeby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idleeby

it looks really slick and small, pocket sized, and all that feature?!?!?! i like it!

andrewhime

quality posts: 5 Private Messages andrewhime

When did they switch to the new business cards?

If you enjoy my horrible posts here, you might enjoy my podcast at http://www.valuecube.com

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Oh good, the headphones match this device.

that was fun while it lasted!