Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

baffles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baffles

Woot Info Post
wooters.us - better than 2 girls 1 cup!

Samsung Bluetooth Headset [New] - $17.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Samsung WEP470 Progressive Noise Filtering Bluetooth Headset, 1 * Mail in Form for $20 Samsung Rebate

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

FreeskierInVT

quality posts: 4 Private Messages FreeskierInVT

still have not received the rebate from the first woot offering of this

My Woots:
31 from woot.com
6 from shirt.woot
3 from sellout.woot
1 from wine.woot
3 B O C's- 12/25/11, 4/1/10 and... my first B O C- 11/19/09 (with a letter from woot!)

Iamkar33m

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Iamkar33m

The plastic earloop on this model is pretty painful for long-term usage.

- Kareem

amnewsboy

quality posts: 48 Private Messages amnewsboy

Wow, $2.99 for a headset after shipping. I'd score it if I hadn't bought it last time it was here.

icantbelievethisone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icantbelievethisone

So are they paying me $2 to buy this product after mail-in rebate?

anaki26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anaki26

So do you get a $20 rebate with this so after shipping and the rebate it will only be a few bucks?

danib62

quality posts: 11 Private Messages danib62

I previously wooted this. Very good headset. Worth the price though I'm still waiting on the rebate...

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

Got 2 or these in earlier Woots. Works with my cellphone, and also works with my laptop through a bluetooth dongle. And the price can't be beat.

djanis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages djanis

Previously wooted.

I also have not received the rebate (yet), but the unit itself works surprisingly well.

Pairs effortlessly with my HTC Imagio from VZW, sound is good and the people on the other end have no complaints.

Well worth the $5.

elbob1023

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elbob1023

Wow - $17.99 plus $5 shipping = $22.99

$22.99 - $20 mail-in rebate = $2.99 for the headset.

Or, if you buy three, that's $58.97 (including shipping) so you're getting paid $1.03 to take these headsets.

Sounds like a solid deal to me.

jakecdemp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jakecdemp

Has anyone actually gotten the mail-in rebate yet from the last time this was offered?

NightGhost

anaki26 wrote:So do you get a $20 rebate with this so after shipping and the rebate it will only be a few bucks?

Yes - I received the rebate in timely fashion.

imsochady

quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady

Hah! Looks like a mini cellphone!

anoopkumarv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anoopkumarv
icantbelievethisone wrote:So are they paying me $2 to buy this product after mail-in rebate?

Nopes you end up paying $2 if you include shipping assuming you do get the rebate.

12milluz

quality posts: 15 Private Messages 12milluz

Manufacturer's site: http://www.samsung.com/us/

MrMitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrMitch

How long ago was the first woot of this? How long have people been waiting for the first rebate?

NightGhost

Iamkar33m wrote:The plastic earloop on this model is pretty painful for long-term usage.

I have no problem with that, but it does seem to be fragile.

marvinrock

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marvinrock

I bought these Oct 26th when they were here last time. Still awaiting rebate. But it's been "approved" according to the email I got.

Anyway, headset works PERFECT with my PS3 for anyone wondering about using it with that.

jakecdemp

Worth noting: this is not a $20 cash rebate- it is for a "prepaid $20 visa card", which is often a source of contempt.

Edit: I guess I should clarify:

Make sure you use the card all at once or keep track of the exact balance, because if you forget the balance it can be next to impossible to get the full value out of the card.

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp

A little cheaper than last time. It was $19.99 + $5 shipping back on Black Friday.

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

NightGhost

marvinrock wrote:I bought these Oct 26th when they were here last time. Still awaiting rebate. But it's been "approved" according to the email I got.

Anyway, headset works PERFECT with my PS3 for anyone wondering about using it with that.

Actually, they were offered on 10/26 and 11/27. I got the first rebate and I'm waiting on the second.

brentdog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brentdog

Isn't the rebate just the PDF at the bottom of the page? Why would you have to wait for anything?

Edit: I guess people mean they've submitted the form but haven't gotten the prepaid card yet. That's a deal-breaker.

12milluz

quality posts: 15 Private Messages 12milluz

Can this be used as a bluetooth headset with something like Skype?

severea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages severea

still waiting for my rebate since November. this is an even better deal than back then, when it was $19.99 + $5 shipping. It works well and is definitely worth the money.

Doctordeal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Doctordeal

I wonder if we will get it before the end of the rebate!

taficke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taficke
jakecdemp wrote:Has anyone actually gotten the mail-in rebate yet from the last time this was offered?

The mail-in rebate form is at the bottom of the page the item is listed on.
Or here: http://sale.images.woot.com/Samsung-WEP470-rebate.PDF

Sometimes things are right under your nose people!

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp
12milluz wrote:Can this be used as a bluetooth headset with something like Skype?

Sure, as long as your computer has a bluetooth radio.

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

pleasekopimi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pleasekopimi

Here's a CNET review!

danbailey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages danbailey

Dang, bought this in November (11/27) for $19.99. Any chance for a credit?

jakecdemp

FYI From the Terms and Conditions:

"The Samsung Visa® prepaid card is not redeemable for cash at any ATM. Terms and Conditions apply to the card. Subject to applicable law, a monthly maintenance fee of $3 (USD) applies, but is waived for the first six months after the card is issued. Your card is issued by MetaBankTM pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Cards can be used at any merchants that accept Visa debit cards. Samsung reserves the right to substitute a check of equal value in lieu of a Visa prepaid card at its discretion."

$20 is still $20, but you should be aware of this before you jump in.

I don't know why you'd hang on to the card for more than 6 months, but If you do, you'll lose money quickly.

gypsydiva

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gypsydiva
Iamkar33m wrote:The plastic earloop on this model is pretty painful for long-term usage.

I got this on the last woot. The earloop doesn't bother me, but the piece that sits inside the ear does.
To be honest though at that price, it is still worth it. It works well.

Howler81

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Howler81

Okay, seriously. A week ago I buy a bluetooth headset from the store, and now woot and selloutwoot are selling nothing but bluetooth headsets. Nasty bit of karma.

icantbelievethisone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icantbelievethisone
jakecdemp wrote:Worth noting: this is not a $20 cash rebate- it is for a "prepaid $20 visa card", which is often a source of contempt.

But how many times do you go to a store to pay credit? I know I will easily spend this at my local home improvement store within 5 minutes of entering the store.

gristleb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gristleb

Does anyone know if this will pair up with an iPhone 3GS? Seems like a dumb question but Apple is so picky and I don't want to buy one and not be able to use it.

NightGhost

brentdog wrote:Isn't the rebate just the PDF at the bottom of the page? Why would you have to wait for anything?

Edit: I guess people mean they've submitted the form but haven't gotten the prepaid card yet. That's a deal-breaker.

I play the rebate game a lot. Most of them take 5 - 8 weeks.

arvinn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arvinn

Can't order 3 of these. The buttons to select quantity (1, 2 or 3) is no longer there. You can only select 1 even though the rebate allows for up to 3.

Jeffman1971

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jeffman1971

I too bought this on 10/26/09, the first time Woot offered it. I have NOT gotten my rebate back yet.

When I checked the status at RebatesHQ.com, I get the message:
"Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing."

I will seriously think twice before buying a Woot product with a rebate again!

fldeals

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fldeals

Is the earpiece (the loop) switchable so that it can be worn on either ear?