zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

baffles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baffles

Woot Info Post
wooters.us: the other white meat

Sandisk Clip 2GB MP3 Player [Refurbished] - $12.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Sandisk Sansa Clip 2GB MP3 Player

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

fldeals

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fldeals

katanamaster

quality posts: 3 Private Messages katanamaster

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/sandisk-sansa-clip-2gb/4505-6490_7-32588380.html

-Expecting something witty?

DCno10

quality posts: 376 Private Messages DCno10

here's the product website

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

Alatest gave it a 96 out of 100 on average.
http://alatest.com/reviews/mp3-player-reviews/sandisk-sansa-clip/po3-51413615,287/

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva

can you save songs from the FM stations onto these?

Jehremy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jehremy

I ordered two of these a year ago, and they're both still going strong. I highly recommend these. You're getting much more than you pay for.

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous

Does it work with macs?

crutches56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crutches56

ANOTHER stupid Sandish mp3 player?! boo!

WhiteBrett

Sexius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sexius

I bought one of these last time it was up. Good quality, especially for how cheap it is. After about 2 weeks of use though, I lost it, and ended up buying the 8GB one.

Just remember to fully charge it before use or you won't get full charge out of the battery. Lithium batteries are stupid :]

qporscheq

quality posts: 7 Private Messages qporscheq

bought one of the 1GB version for my wife during the last Woot Off and I was very impressed. Looks, feels, and preforms like its way more expensive than it is.

Anorion

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Anorion

Awesome player. I got the 8gb version in a previous wooting. Just remember to update the firmware!

Certified Linux Chemist Guy.
If I hated Apple products any more than I do, I'd be on lists.

victortrac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages victortrac

Does anyone know of these things can play podcasts and audible context at 2x speed like an iphone/ipod?

mmiteshm

quality posts: 133 Private Messages mmiteshm

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

Own one of these and use it almost exclusively for running. Holds up well, stays attached, though the clip can pop off. Sound quality, to me, rivals my Zune. The battery life on these suckers is truly amazing too. Use it with Razer headphones; the asymmetrical cable is great for listening to a trainer and not stepping on the buds, heh.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

qporscheq

quality posts: 7 Private Messages qporscheq
mmiteshm wrote:Firmware update.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/300/kw/firmware/r_id/101834

What is added/fixed by updating the firmware?

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost
fldeals wrote:Previous Woot!
http://www.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=10297

Weren't they $14.99 last time?

skskou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skskou

Woot! why do you put these up the day after payday? When all the bills have been paid? (And the bank account looks like a desert.)

I've only gotten 10 or 15 of them, and have never seen a bad one. So, if you don't like reefurbs, pass them by. Maybe, they will have some left when my big check comes in.

steve

arnach

quality posts: 4 Private Messages arnach
victortrac wrote:Does anyone know of these things can play podcasts and audible context at 2x speed like an iphone/ipod?

Yes it can, but it doesn't shift the pitch back down, so be prepared to be driven batty.

BTW, these things are great. Sound great. Great battery life. Easy to use. Woot! away. You won't be disappointed.

rachelle33

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rachelle33

I bought 3 of the light pink ones last time they were here and the 1 came without a clip. I contacted Woot and they said they had a clip to send me for it but I never got it. I need a light pink clip for mine put aside for me before the light pink sells out. I love the player....just need my clip....as that is 1 reason I bought it.

Normscoffee

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Normscoffee

I got a couple of these in my Boggy Old Creature and they are really great and easy to use. I use this when I go running instead of my ipod because it is so much smaller. I really recommend these.

emendez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emendez

This is a previous woot but not at this price. Contemplating on whether or not I need this. Possible gift!

$pecial Ed

MisterRon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MisterRon

I received a red one of these in my SSOC, and after the firmware update, it's working great. People may complain about Sandisk products, but I've only had a problem with one . . . and that was an 8GB e280 in the SSOC that was DOA.

MisterRon

TurdSandwich

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TurdSandwich
qporscheq wrote:What is added/fixed by updating the firmware?

Enhancements:
- Single firmware for all regions
- Supports up to 4,000 songs
- Audiobooks resume with chapter as well as seek position

Bugs Fixed:
- Playlists redirect to GoList when there are multiple playlists on the device
- Device hangs during Voice recording
- Add to GoList at Artist level does not work if Rhapsody Channel is present
- Intermittently loss of resume position on long MP3 Audiobooks
- Certain FLAC file tag info is not displayed
- Music plays slow - MP3 192kbps 44KHz CBR (Constant Bit Rate)
- Long files skip after fast forward
- Device auto-reboots after formatting from the device
- Device shuts off during FM recording
- Device cannot connect to PS3 if started in MSC mode and is turned OFF.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2279/kw/firmware%20release%20notes/r_id/101834

Dragon1291

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Dragon1291

Bought the exact same model as like time. One perks was that it was already updated with the latest firmware. Overall it is an impressive Mp3 player. However, the 2gb is not big enough for Music ADD people like me. Hence, I shall get another one. However, note that charging them can be a little headache.

fmcwoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fmcwoot

Is it me or does is seem that Sandisk has an "awful" lot of refurbished mp3 players?

Thank God Sandisk has Woot!

Broonale

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Broonale

My nephews love the ones from last time!

The flash memory makes them great for kids that aren't gentle with their music players.

If they are still available in the morning I will get 3 more!

WhitneyGH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WhitneyGH

I have one, and I love it. It's perfect for working out. I use Media Monkey to organize all of my music and podcasts for it (I use iTunes for my iPod and iPhone, but I actually prefer Media Monkey).

I'm in for one...think I'm going to load this one with white noise mp3s and other relaxing tunes to keep at my desk at work.

The Handy Caddy Sliding Appliance Tray changed my life.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
mmiteshm wrote:Pdf Manual.
http://mp3support.sandisk.com/sansa/UserManual/CLIP/CLIP_UM_English.pdf

You know, you can edit this stuff into previous posts... =P

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant

i love, love, LOVE my sansa clip! i must admit to a mild obsession with these fabulous little players--i have four of them in different colors and memory sizes, as well as the fuze. they make wonderful gifts (just ask all the lucky recipients on my christmas list!) and could not be simpler to use. it's nice to have the option of rocking out to both my MP3s and the radio at the office or on the go.

in for three more...birthdays coming! >=b

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

patndave

quality posts: 7 Private Messages patndave

My wife has one and loves it.
She checks out and downloads audiobooks on-line from our local library system. Then puts them on the Sansa and "reads" books to and from work (50 miles each way) and while she is doing the tedious portion of her job (microfilming old/rare books and journals).
It holds about 6 or 8 books depending on the length of the book.

jbsf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbsf

I assume these don't handle additional SDHC cards like the '+' models do, hence the sell-off?

mdgore

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mdgore

I have one that I bought off of WOOT!, and it's still working fine. At $18 you can't go wrong.

When do we get to buy souls?

ptufts

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ptufts

I own a Clip and I like it. Great display, battery life, and it has a standard mini-USB connector.

My two complaints are: 1) pressing the nav buttons makes a pretty loud click, like a mini dog training clicker, and 2) mine does not play music while charging, which seems weird.

jezuzfreek

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jezuzfreek

I have a 4 gig version of this player. I use it for my motorcycle. I run the output into a 100 watt amplifier and the sound is top notch. This unit also withstands the bounces and vibration inherent with moving vehicles. Battery life is very good.
I will include a Youtube link that demos this on my bike.
Fast forward to the 3:30 mark to see and hear the sansa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA9XLHsuSkg

saachap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saachap

Got one over a year ago and a couple funny little things happened that prevented it from working. BUT, the funny little things are common enough that a web search quickly provides strange fixes that actually fix the funny little things. Off to bed...

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant

one more note from me: of the more than a dozen sansa clips i've wooted, 3/4 were refurbs, and not a single one has had a single problem.

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...