+ Add a Comment

MisterRon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MisterRon

These are small enough for a woman to make stereo earrings out of them. They'd even be interchangeable: to match shoes, dress colors, and maybe moods, too.

MisterRon

mytitans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mytitans

i got one of these for my dad and he loves it.

my only problem with it is that u use windows media player to put songs on it. WMP leaps into the vacuum. some of the music had to be converted for wmp to use it.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost
fmcwoot wrote:Is it me or does is seem that Sandisk has an "awful" lot of refurbished mp3 players?

Thank God Sandisk has Woot!

That mostly just means that Sandisk sells a lot of players. Once a product has been opened and returned, it must be repackaged and sold as refurbished, even if there's nothing wrong with it. And plenty of buyers return items that work perfectly, for many reasons (e.g. "I want a red one! Waaah!).

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky
wootasourous wrote:Does it work with macs?

Yes. At least, at my house.

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester

If you don't already own a Sansa, get one. I got the 1GB at the last woot off and I love the little thing. You are getting more bang for your buck than you might expect.

TurdSandwich

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TurdSandwich
yeawuteva wrote:can you save songs from the FM stations onto these?

Yup, you sure can.

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant
ptufts wrote:I own a Clip and I like it. Great display, battery life, and it has a standard mini-USB connector.

My two complaints are: 1) pressing the nav buttons makes a pretty loud click, like a mini dog training clicker, and 2) mine does not play music while charging, which seems weird.

i agree that it is a bit odd to have no playback feature during charging--but i just plug mine into my 'puter while i'm making dinner after work, and it's fully juiced in no time! some people have complained about the battery life, but i listen to my clip virtually non-stop during the day and only charge the thing a couple times a week max.

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky
mytitans wrote:i got one of these for my dad and he loves it.

my only problem with it is that u use windows media player to put songs on it. WMP leaps into the vacuum. some of the music had to be converted for wmp to use it.

You can also use it like any USB drive or flash card. Just copy mp3s onto it.

namorama

quality posts: 32 Private Messages namorama

I have one from a few months back.
They have "R" engraved on the back--presumably to label them as refurbished.

It takes some time to get used to the controls. It's not that simple--otherwise my mother would not call me occasionally to get help with controls and such.

On the upside, it supports a lot of languages, both from the file and the menu itself. I could turn Japanese if I so desire. Too bad I don't understand it.

Decided my signature is obnoxious.
Have two lines instead.

magiscratch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magiscratch
NightGhost wrote:Weren't they $14.99 last time?

Yeah, I bought two of 'em at the last woot, one for me and one for my sister. We both use them for working out. It's her first mp3 player and she really likes it. I love mine--load it up with audiobooks and go out walking! Super light, great sound.

I also took it on a plane trip with some Shure noise-reducing buds, and it was perfect.

Slurm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Slurm

I picked one of these up last time... definitely worth it.

Small, simple to use, easy to add songs, long battery life. It just works.

missellienc

quality posts: 15 Private Messages missellienc

I have a 4gb Clip from Woot. Great battery life and you can clip it to your shirt, hat, pants, whatever! Everyone needs one of these!

micahnathaniel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages micahnathaniel

These are wonderful. I already had 2 black ones - so the last time they were up (about two months ago) i bought 2 red & 1 blue. Neither of the RED worked properly (one won't hold a charge & the other's volume knob(?) simply does nothing) but the BLUE is dreamy. So, my suggest AVOID THE RED ONES. I'm still in limbo trying to get Sansa to help me bout those reds...

Anorion

quality posts: 35 Private Messages Anorion

Oh, and Linux and Mac = VERY YES, as long as you switch it to MSC mode. Read the manual for how to do this. It's really easy.

Certified Linux Chemist Guy.
If I hated Apple products any more than I do, I'd be on lists.

Mitch1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mitch1

Wife has an 8gb, I have a 2gb, the kids each have a 1 gb, we have a 4gb as a spare in case one breaks, and we bought a bunch of the 1gb's on the last woot off for the kids to give for presents. Had these over the course of the last two years. None have died. The best purchases I've made off of woot since 2004.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost
NightGhost wrote:That mostly just means that Sandisk sells a lot of players. Once a product has been opened and returned, it must be repackaged and sold as refurbished, even if there's nothing wrong with it. And plenty of buyers return items that work perfectly, for many reasons (e.g. "I want a red one! Waaah!).

So I guess that means you should beware of buying the red ones...

p.s. I am fully aware of the Freudian implications of responding to my own post.

phr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages phr

Great little players. Nice as gifts for geeks. For non-geeks you might want a non-refrob version with retail packaging, instruction manual, etc. With these, you just get the player, cable, and earbuds in a little bubblepack baggie.

I bought 3, gave away two, and have one strapped to my Jabra noise cancellation headphones with a velcro cable wrap, great little cable-free setup (I hate earbuds). Woot has sold the 8gb version of this player for $35 a couple times and I resisted last time but now I sort of want it for that Jabra rig.

Note that the current version is called the Clip Plus and has a micro SDHC slot (expandability) so this model is a bit behind the times. It's dropped in price by a couple bucks since earlier woots that I remember though.

There is a notorious firmware bug in some versions of this model that causes them to play music at slightly the wrong speed (like 0.5% too slow or something like that). I've personally never noticed it but it apparently bugs some people with very acute pitch perception. Sandisk never released a firmware fix (just a new model of the player) but Rockbox is starting to work on these things...

hudsm9589

quality posts: 8 Private Messages hudsm9589

These do not have the additional micro SD slot like the bigger players do. Only the Sansa Clip+ has that, which this is only the regular clip.

No expansion here then.

SimpilotMN

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SimpilotMN

Think it will sound good with my iMetal earphones I got from woot? I'm all set now, I just bought 3 of those MP3 players.

Thanks woot!

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
Gatzby wrote:Own one of these and use it almost exclusively for running. Holds up well, stays attached, though the clip can pop off. Sound quality, to me, rivals my Zune. The battery life on these suckers is truly amazing too. Use it with Razer headphones; the asymmetrical cable is great for listening to a trainer and not stepping on the buds, heh.

Are the Razer headphones tomorrow?

droon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages droon
NightGhost wrote:Er - that would be my la.me attempt at humor. Surely you noticed when I bought the time machine?

so that is my que to watch for the time machine on Dec. 9 2011?? i cant wait!!

Yes i Know my Capitalization and speeling are bad, im a scienteist so that makes It oK.

Dragon1291

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Dragon1291
yeawuteva wrote:can you save songs from the FM stations onto these?

Yep. Can record straight off FM radio stations. It can also record voice very clearly.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
lindab53 wrote:Are the Razer headphones tomorrow?

I sure hope so, I need more. The new version doesn't have the asymmetrical cable and costs a lot more. =\

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

geminga99

quality posts: 7 Private Messages geminga99

The photo (on my computer) makes the pink look whitish. It is actually a nice baby pink.

droon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages droon
Gatzby wrote:I sure hope so, I need more. The new version doesn't have the asymmetrical cable and costs a lot more. =\

wait, dont you work there??? shouldn't you know whats for sale tomorrow??

Yes i Know my Capitalization and speeling are bad, im a scienteist so that makes It oK.

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant

one fun way to enjoy your clip is by rocking it in a mini stereo system: just hook it up to one of the lovely altec lansing 360 speakers i know you got suckered into wooting in the past few months--it works like a charm!

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

Stilton

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Stilton

If you drag and drop songs (using a Mac), what order do they play back in? That is, does the player automatically sort everything by artist, title, etc?

I like to create a rough playlist by just dragging songs where I want them in a finder window, but it doesn't work with all players.

buffstuff08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buffstuff08

does this work with zune pass music

Jonas4321

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Jonas4321
Stilton wrote:If you drag and drop songs (using a Mac), what order do they play back in? That is, does the player automatically sort everything by artist, title, etc?

I like to create a rough playlist by just dragging songs where I want them in a finder window, but it doesn't work with all players.

You cannot drag and drop to create a playlist order. These use the ID3 tag or the filename if the music is tagless. You can use WMP to create playlists, but I don't think it's worth the pain in the butt to do so. You can also create a favorites playlist on the player itself.

No Advertisement Here
That's why I haven't made thousands of posts...

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
droon wrote:wait, dont you work there??? shouldn't you know whats for sale tomorrow??

I'm here either way. I'll find out then.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

ZapDevil

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ZapDevil

I picked up 3 of these for Xmas gifts my younger kids (ages 5, 7, 8) from Woot last year. Now they are all loaded up with Jessica Harper and Jonathan Coulton MP3s and the kids love 'em.

And no, none of them have lost one yet (even though they are super tiny).

They are durable, easy to use and hold a decent charge - great little player for the price.

Jonas4321

ptufts wrote:...mine does not play music while charging, which seems weird.

If you plug it into your computer, it senses that it is connected to a computer and switches to transfer mode. If you use a car lighter adapter and the USB cable, you can play music while it charges in the car.

No Advertisement Here

Anorion

quality posts: 35 Private Messages Anorion
Stilton wrote:If you drag and drop songs (using a Mac), what order do they play back in? That is, does the player automatically sort everything by artist, title, etc?

With tagged music, it plays in the order of the track number listing of the album. For untagged stuff, it's by filename.

Certified Linux Chemist Guy.
If I hated Apple products any more than I do, I'd be on lists.

geminga99

quality posts: 7 Private Messages geminga99

In the past, I have raved about these. At Christmas I pulled a few out to to send as gifts. I filled the player. I was frustrated with all the clicking necessary to get to one song. It was just as annoying as scrolling down on the iPod Nano. I would recommend the Fuze instead . The wheel makes all the difference to me.

For cuteness, the clip can't be topped. If you just wanted a digital recorder it is great. Small, easy to use, great battery life. IMO it plays louder than our iPods.

Yesterday I pulled out a coat that hadn't been used in over a year. In it was one of my Sansas still charged.

edit- I meant that the recording feature alone is worth the price. It is a great player, just not as easy to use as the Fuze.

Barzydlo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Barzydlo

I have three of these nifty little players. I snagged one and broke the clip off at work. I removed the last vestiges of the clip and slapped some superlock fastener on the back of it and another piece of superlock on the left side of my noise-cancelling headphones and mounted it upside down on the left headphone, then I put a short 3" stereo patch cord from the Sansa to the phones. No cords to snag, and its fairly intuitive to operate that way. Great little players.

Jonas4321

Audiobook fans: This player supports DRM files (library downloads like Overdrive) as well as Audible.com content.

If you put the audiobooks into the Audiobooks folder, it will treat them as such and automatically bookmark where you left off so if you switch to a different book or to music or the radio, when you come back it will ask if you want to resume or start over.

Also, as a previous poster said, the latest firmware update added chapter support in addition to bookmarking. If your audiobook has chapters, you can skip forward and backward as if you were skipping to the next or previous song. That was a nice addition to the functionality.

No Advertisement Here

utjeffc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages utjeffc

I accidently washed my iPod shuffle... In for two.

nicktherat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nicktherat

this is THE best way to listen to audiobooks and podcasts, i love mine, almost wanna buy more. mini ubs, great sound great battery great look... 2 gb is small, but thats like 300 hours of audio books... IN THE MOURNING!

Roostalee

quality posts: 26 Private Messages Roostalee

Great price on a great little music player. So inexpensive I'd not almost not regret losing one, but such an excellent device I'd regret it anyway.

Potrzebie!

vinithehat

quality posts: 23 Private Messages vinithehat

got an 8 gb one in a recent Boggy Old Creature. I love it. its great for switching from audio books to news podcasts. it holds your place in whatever files your alternating beetween. even after you add new files and it refreshes your media.

and the screen looks super cool. and since its a sansa, you will begin to exchange subtle, knowing nods with strangers you meet who also have sansas. its like skull and bones for cheap losers.