+ Add a Comment

boogerb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boogerb

GOT ONE@!!!!!

jp7794

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jp7794

0 for I can't remember how many. :-( What did I ever do to you Woot? I will be doing my usual post Bucket Of Creampies. You'll find me in the fetal position.

wilcononomous

quality posts: 20 Private Messages wilcononomous
JimmyCrackCornIDC wrote:Nope. The BOTS won this one.

hey, I'm a cheater & I didn't get one either. it still comes down to luck either way

Dingfooey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dingfooey

Woo I got one... been waiting for 2 days and got my first random scaffolding.. Thanks WOOT!

ZandersZa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ZandersZa

Dear Wooters who use bots,

When the Internet becomes self-aware and begins to take over the world, I just want you to know that you're the first people they're going for. You will die a slow, painful death at the hands of the very Internet you manipulate here to get bandoliers. Rue the day, botters.

Kind regards,

I hate you.

rkbloom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkbloom

FINALLY! Ive been on "your order is processing" a million times. This is the first time it actually completed the order all the way through! Didn't even take the time out to enter in the $5 off coupon code. Wish the My Account would actually remember my cvv code though - I was afraid by the time I got my card it'd be too late.

WOOT WOOT!

vickientx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vickientx

I used the buy button on my Wootalyzer toolbar. Highly recommend it. Of course if I wasn't on the fat pipe here at work I wouldn't have gotten it.

novastarj

quality posts: 31 Private Messages novastarj

Damn code buttafuoco....

Then I tried entering that into the coupon code line, still no luck.

Bleh.

scallywak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scallywak
jonnij wrote:You'll be back. You can't help it. It is an addiction!

Yes, and I need to go to wooters anonymous. No baby of the cosmos for me - EVER and I've been trying for over two years now!

kapqh4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kapqh4
wkstar wrote:I was at my desk and tryed and tryed as soon as it popped and server crashed or something. I could Not get it to the Buy screen no matter what.
I am starting to believe that it is imposable.
Happens every Time

I hope you aren't working as an english teacher.

bshenk15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bshenk15

Clicked the Big Gold Button and was at the "processing your order" screen when everything crashed.

So close....

danswifme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danswifme

BOO! I got as far as the "your order is processing" page and then got a runtime error a few minutes later. Does that mean I didn't get one? I might cry myself to sleep tonight. So very, very close...

mokco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mokco

Ugh! curses...clicked on the gold button and server error. well, at least it as a $3 baby of the cosmos. I will wait in anticipation of the coveted $5 baby of the cosmos.

granite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages granite

I'm surprised mine went through. After clicking the buy button the page quickly redirected back to the home page. I thought I was out of luck, but after about 5 minutes it showed up in my account. Thanks Woot!

glazedfaith

quality posts: 33 Private Messages glazedfaith
sgoman5674 wrote:No they don't! They only do that when a Barbie on Crack is the item for the day.

Honestly, I don't even think they do it then...It used to be 4500 per sale, but that was when you had to manually select in for 3...ever since then, none of them I have seen have been anything more than 1500, but I could be wrong, as I apparently entered in my correct CVV code incorrectly, according to woot!

darkelfz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages darkelfz

Woot got in for one. Must have been the "EcoTrends Mini Tripod for Digital and Video Cameras" I bought.

wootlover54321

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootlover54321
sgoman5674 wrote:No they don't! They only do that when a Barbie on Crack is the item for the day.

You need to check your facts.

Aracos

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Aracos
shindig966 wrote:Does anyone know what (code: buttafuoco) means on the order page?

No clue, but I got the same thing. I tried multiple times and kept getting that code, before the server just crash and burned on me.

wrgodwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrgodwin

In for one boggy ol' creature...2nd in 6 months!!! WOOT WOOT

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp
bmxjimp wrote:"You are in line."

"Your order is NOT in."

That didn't go so well. In the past, the process has gone smoothly, but this time it all came to a crawl about 3sec into ordering. None of my friends trying for one (same city) got one either.

Oh well, hopefully next time. Congrats to all who managed to squeeze through the ordering flood!

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

options01

quality posts: 2 Private Messages options01

My First baby of the cosmos Ever!! 4 years of watching and waiting finally paid off!

chad

jokerfest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jokerfest

more fail

-------------------
Woot-off Lights: 1
Bunnies Ogling Carrots: 0

juanton99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juanton99

Sweet! In for 3!

kfujita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfujita

Clicked the gold button and got:

This sale is sold out.

Your order is invalid (code: no lines)

Sigh.

wrgodwin

options01

My First baby of the cosmos Ever!! 4 years of watching and waiting finally paid off!

UGH... maybe I didn't it's not listed in my purchases.. but I didn't see an error either. That's after confirming...

chad

fizzle15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fizzle15

damn you bots!!!

how do i make one? or get one?

wrgodwin

Drock4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Drock4

Speed to first woot: 0m 0.003s

Thats not a bot...

Froglegz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Froglegz

do we have an answer yet for the

Your order is invalid (code: buttafuoco)

deal? Cuz I instantly hit the go button and I couldn't get past this error. Not my day for the crappo.....

got a face like charles bronson
straight outta green bay wisconsin

justin42

quality posts: 14 Private Messages justin42
johnmax wrote:Yay i'm in too.

It seems they always put up the Boggy Old Creature in the 4PM eastern hour. Its been that way for like the past 6 of them. I wonder why the pattern...

Gotta agree; I kind of miss when you WOULDN'T have a clue when they were coming. I guess in a way knowing roughly when to be around limits disappointment in terms of MISSING it but makes getting one much, much harder. Of course one could argue having it on the last day, within a few hours of the end, both maximizes us gumballs hitting F5 for 3 days straight (good for pageviews), and limits the problems if the server goes down REALLY hard. (if they did a Boggy Old Creature at 2am someone would have to go in to replace the hamsters on the wheels)

But I think Woot must want it this way; otherwise they'd do it randomly, or at least with some form of CAPTCHA/bot check...

tom760

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tom760

after being denied every wootoff since last february, today i got my 2nd random carp, while at lunch, at home, on a laptop with a mediocre wireless connection

oh, the anticipation....

flarocket

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flarocket

I pushed and fought back against all odds and attempted to push ahead of all the bots, the 503 service error, and the few humans that still try manually. But to my dismay I am in line in case a transaction does not go through...

jbc31979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbc31979

Got my C.R.A.P and heading for the hills. Bring me something good. Woot! don't fail me now!

srees

quality posts: 9 Private Messages srees

Wheee! Got my third Bumped Over Concubine! In a row! I got lucky.

My wife missed it.

My sister in law missed it, barely. First it gave an invalid order with a weird code. Tried starting from the Woot! page instead of the one launched by Wooters.us, and got all the way through to processing. Then, the server crashed. "Something went wrong on our end!" Drat. Nothing in her account, so I think she missed it.

I highly suspect they checked referring URL on the order page to block bots.

How can something be better than nothing if nothing is perfect?

I can haz badgez finally after 12 Bungled Original Communicator

smeagin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smeagin

Missed it by that much. |_|

options01

chad

kjsieps

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kjsieps

I hit the I want one and then the wonderful "internet explorer cannot display this page" came up...refreshed a 100 times and nothing!! GRRRRR

rkbloom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkbloom

I used Wootalyzer too. That's when I ran for the credit card - while the order form was loading.

digitalpussi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages digitalpussi
RuthieDoll wrote:Same for me. I had everything filled out correctly (CC info and security code) and clicked the large yellow button. Definitely not fair.

The same has happened to me multiple times. All my info was correct. It removed my name, and I had to input it again and by the time I did that it was sold out.

WOOT needs to put a CAPTCHA in place.