RenoDavid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RenoDavid
paltex9 wrote:I use with in my car for my iphone with clear 4g service, so i have a 4G iphone... works great!

Still can't figure out what you're saying here...

travisoneill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages travisoneill
strollin wrote:I have the Cradlepoint CTR350 router and use it with a VZW USB720 Modem. I'm an RVer and use this combo to access the internet out in the boondocks from within the comfort of my RV. No need to drive into town to find a Starbuck's or whatever.

True, this is similar to a MiFi but it is superior to the MiFi in one critical area. The MiFi does not have the ability to attach an external antenna for the cellular modem while most (I can't vouch for all) USB cellular modems have a jack for an external antenna. I have been places where I couldn't get a signal with my cell phone but still had access to the internet because I had an external antenna attached to my cellular modem.

EXACTLY! The mifi would be perfect except for the lack of antenna port. I HAVE to have the antenna where Im at. If I could get better service I would probably be in an area where I could get real high speed internet.

The main reason Im getting this is so I can get my Wii on wifi and all my laptops/phones, etc. I originally had just set up an ad-hoc on my laptop but couldn't get the wii to connect to it properly, so this will be just what the dr. ordered.

guyfromtexas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guyfromtexas

I had a problem when I received mine and it wouldnt connect to internet. All it needed was latest firmware. Be sure to download the latest firmware from cradlepoint website.

guyfromtexas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guyfromtexas

I had a problem when I received mine and it wouldnt connect to internet. All it needed was latest firmware. Be sure to download the latest firmware from cradlepoint website.

travisoneill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages travisoneill
guyfromtexas wrote:I had a problem when I received mine and it wouldnt connect to internet. All it needed was latest firmware. Be sure to download the latest firmware from cradlepoint website.

Got mine today and it worked flawlessly. I didn't realize how small it is. Still will be updating FW as soon as possible though. Tested it using my iphone as I was at work and didnt want to drop off the LAN, and I dont think I want to mess with any of the settings through iphone safari.

JohnHorlamus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JohnHorlamus

Got mine today. Does not work with clear 4G devices after updates.

Called the company and they have an upgrade program. 208-424-5054. Don't know the cost yet.

I didn't read anywhere on the woot that it was hw 1.1. The hardware list had clear 4G supported after updates.

Maybe I missed the disclaimer somewhere.

kcarsonwoot

quality posts: 261 Private Messages kcarsonwoot

**Shipping Update**
Cradlepoint PHS300 Personal Portable WiFi Hotspot has completely shipped via FedEx Ground. All tracking has been emailed to members who purchased this item. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

JohnHorlamus

JohnHorlamus wrote:Got mine today. Does not work with clear 4G devices after updates.

Called the company and they have an upgrade program. 208-424-5054. Don't know the cost yet.

I didn't read anywhere on the woot that it was hw 1.1. The hardware list had clear 4G supported after updates.

Maybe I missed the disclaimer somewhere.

Got a call back from cradlepoint today. Have to buy a new unit and get $75 rebate back. $100 for the original and $180 for the new minus $75 means $205 to buy one of these.

Not happy.

Any one need a cradlepoint?

RenoDavid

Guys, come on, it must have been mentioned 50 times in the discussion that this was their version 1 and that it didn't support 4G.

RenoDavid

Not to mention the line in the description that says "Plug ‘n’ play solution that creates a powerful 3G WiFi network almost anywhere."

JohnHorlamus

RenoDavid wrote:Guys, come on, it must have been mentioned 50 times in the discussion that this was their version 1 and that it didn't support 4G.

In the list of compatible devices in the woot description was the clearwire 4g device.

1nthistogether

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1nthistogether

How does this device compare (again for those that have it) to WiFi Router app on my WinMo phone? Really I don’t get it and why people are spending a good pay for this!!

Chmarr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chmarr

Mine turned up today. Needed a firmware upgrade to 2.5.2 to work with the sprint USB card I have, but once done, it works a treat.

Sorry to all those folk that were hoping it would work with a 4G device. If you're wanting to sell yours, drop me a line: chris@cogdon.org ... I think we could do with one or two more of these.

tsc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tsc

I received mine after a neighbor failed to mention they picked up the package off my porch while I wasn't home for the weekend- the device doesn't see my HTC Spring Mogul attached to the PHS300- although the phone charges off the usb? any ideas? I'll call support tomorrow.

RenoDavid

1nthistogether wrote:How does this device compare (again for those that have it) to WiFi Router app on my WinMo phone? Really I don’t get it and why people are spending a good pay for this!!

Obviously, not everyone's phone can do that.

potterfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages potterfan

Curious if the guy who got this to use with the Wii - does it work?? I only have Sprint Wireless for my laptop and don't want to hook up or pay additional charges for broadband or landline just to use the Wii (now Wii Netflix) or the Nintendo DS. Anyone have this that uses it for Wii or Nintendo DS, do you have problems?? Thanks

michaellim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaellim

I just got a new PHS300, powered it up, plugged in my TM506 via usb cable, and woala! Without any editing of settings on my phone, I'm on the internet on my iPod Touch via Wifi (of course after initial login to phs300 own's login webpage).

This can't be simpler, and I wonder why TM506 is not listed as a compatible phone. I think someone on this thread from Cradlepoint even said there have not added any support for Sony Ericsson phones. I was EXTREMELY skeptical at first as there were no testimonial about PHS300 and TM506 on the net, but what an extreme opposite the experience has been.

I wanted to add this so others know that I did have very QUICK and GOOD success with PHS300 and TM506.

nhw3w1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nhw3w1

michaellim:

I just bought a PHS300 and I have a TM506 in NYC. I don't quite understand how this will work...

Does the simple act of plugging the PHS300 and the TM506 together via the USB cable trigger the TM506 to "dial up"?

If not, how do I initiate a connection on the TM506?

michaellim wrote:I just got a new PHS300, powered it up, plugged in my TM506 via usb cable, and woala! Without any editing of settings on my phone, I'm on the internet on my iPod Touch via Wifi (of course after initial login to phs300 own's login webpage).

This can't be simpler, and I wonder why TM506 is not listed as a compatible phone. I think someone on this thread from Cradlepoint even said there have not added any support for Sony Ericsson phones. I was EXTREMELY skeptical at first as there were no testimonial about PHS300 and TM506 on the net, but what an extreme opposite the experience has been.

I wanted to add this so others know that I did have very QUICK and GOOD success with PHS300 and TM506.

saracandy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saracandy

Nidesoft DVD to Samsung Converter is a powerful DVD ripper tool which could help you convert DVD movie to many video formats to support the Samsung family devices, including DVD to Samsung MP4 and MP3 player YP series and Samsung mobile phone: Intrepid,Omnia i900, W699, U808, etc..

kami6348

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kami6348
ScottCountryman wrote:Just wanted everyone here to know that I am a Cradlepoint rep, trying to help get all of your questions answered so you can make an educated buying decision. I also have a more technical rep, Mike homeskizzleens, available.

Hello Scott,
I'm trying to get my PHS300 to work with my BB Tour. I keep getting message "no attached wan device". I have updated to firmware 2.4; my BB is 4.7.1.40.
I'm assuming the problem is that my BB is password protected. How do I get that entered in if that is the problem.
Thanks
Jim