zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

baffles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baffles

Woot Info Post
wooters.us - the other white meat

Clear2O Water Filtration Pitcher – 2 Pack [New] - $14.99 + $5 shipping

2 * Applica Clear2O 72oz Water Filtration Pitcher - CWS100AW

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

Wootieful

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wootieful

got one, its good...

DrKPA05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DrKPA05

Bought 2 a while ago on Woot! -- Love 'em!

Switz213

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Switz213

Froogs

fun fun fun

jting

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jting

imsochady

quality posts: 25 Private Messages imsochady

How long do the filters last on these babies?

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous

Here's a nice Youtube video.

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69

Oh I got confused with another woot offering. Review's on Amazon are pretty positive. Filter price is about the same as Britta. Amazon has a 3 pack for sale for under $30.00, which is a bit more expensive then PUR or Britta but acceptable for clean tap water. MAYBE. Need to do some more research.

It is worth the price for the filters. I just checked and my PUR filter is due for a change and replacements are $25 for 3. So I get 2 filters for $20 and I will try a new system. If I like it I will just buy refills for this model. If not, I can always go back to my PUR.I will use the old PUR container for watering plants. GREEN is good!

beaniebobo

quality posts: 9 Private Messages beaniebobo

Availability of the cartridges??? I have been looking for something like this, but it didn't have replacement cartridges that were easily available!

• 5/15 - woot! Off USB Lights w/Screaming Monkey
  • Vreeland.co

paltex9

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paltex9

where do i get filters from?

bozsurfco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bozsurfco

I bought these previously from Woot and they're great. Water tastes like normal filtered water and it fills up really quickly because it's being pumped through not gravity filtered. My only complaint is that it's hard to pour into a stainless steel or plastic water bottle.

OmniOne

quality posts: 6 Private Messages OmniOne

Water, water, everywhere
And many drops to drink

bozsurfco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bozsurfco
beaniebobo wrote:Availability of the cartridges??? I have been looking for something like this, but it didn't have replacement cartridges that were easily available!

Uh Walmart sells them.

motherlaura

quality posts: 8 Private Messages motherlaura

Looks like you can get the filters directly from:

http://www.clear2o.com/Store/ListProducts/Water+Filtration+Pitchers

But the hose thing seems kinda pointless when a Brita just fills from the top?

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

I was going to buy these a few wootoff's ago, so I'm in for 1 now.

shindig966

quality posts: 77 Private Messages shindig966

How does this water filter pitcher compare to Brita or PUR pitchers? I know that both of those brands at least have good reputations.

kendrid

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kendrid

Great reviews at a reputable site and woot has a much better price. This is a deal if you don't have some sort of water filter or you are dumb and buy bottled water.

Wootieful

Sears has the filters, or you can find them on eBay as well, I got a deal on a lot of 6 filters, shouldn't have to worry about them for a while..depending on your daily use, you can average a few months per filter.

bluejester

quality posts: 559 Private Messages bluejester

I have to start chemo and radiation soon. I hear that keeping well hydrated helps cut down on the nausea factor. This little sale comes at a decent time for me, in a way.

eplee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eplee

What is the thing coming out of the handle?

Eric Lee

sbogden

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sbogden
mrsly69 wrote:This again. The refills are overpriced and several reviews on Amazon and Target.com weren't good. Some of the complaints were awkward and expense. Pass.

I will second that comment. I bought one a while back and find it clumsy as all get out. First, you have to screw on a new aerator on your faucet that adds over a inch in length and looks dorky. Second, the hose that recesses into the handle is very stiff & short and if you have less then half your pitcher full it will keep tipping over - it takes 3 hands to work this.

I have a saying that simplicity of design is intelligence and I don't find this simple at all.

I'll pass.

namorama

quality posts: 32 Private Messages namorama
paltex9 wrote:where do i get filters from?

Well, it appears that Amazon carries them. Not sure how pricey they are compared to, say, Brita and Pur filters, though.

Decided my signature is obnoxious.
Have two lines instead.

Someguitarist

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Someguitarist

I've got one of these right now! I paid the same price for ONE, so for two it's a pretty good deal.

The setup can be a little bit weird, as the filters need to be soaked for something like 15 minutes before you run water through it twice... after I did that, I got several little black specks in my water. It was late, so I went to bed, and my girlfriend let it soak ALL NIGHT. I'm not sure if that actually effects the filter, since it was sitting in the same water.

But hey, the water tastes great. My filter might not even be working after that long soak, but the placebo effect is amazing!

Expect filters to last 2-3 months. I stretch them to about 4-6. People complain about getting new filters, but at 7.50 apiece, I'd just buy a whole new filter set a year from now...

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

Does anyone read the description anymore? All your answers are right there.

paltex9

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paltex9
namorama wrote:Well, it appears that Amazon carries them. Not sure how pricey they are compared to, say, Brita and Pur filters, though.

filters are more expensive than the whole unit,,,woot you need to sell us filters

zilla81

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zilla81

Ok, so I bought these and tried them on 4 different faucets in two different states. Didn't fit on them, even though they look pretty standard to me.
Finally had to buy a 3/4"-27x55/44-27" adapter at Home Depot for about $3.50. But having changed to their *awesome* adapter (snicker), my pipes started to take in air and vibrate and make awful noises. Furthermore, their adapter plus the Home Depot one made the faucet pipe considerably longer, so it became an inconvenience.

This purchase was pretty much an awful, annoying, and awful mistake. Another unused Woot relic in my apartment.

Sontiago

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Sontiago

Filters are much much cheaper from the manufacturer than from walmart.. 8.99 each at man. 12.97 at walmart.. Wow walmart is sooo expensive these days... almost everything costs more at walmart anymore...

jodiekodie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jodiekodie

When I was a kid we drank raw sewage. Pansies.

Wootieful

there is definitely a difference in the taste of the water, we noticed it immediately..no placebos need apply..

packsofwolves

quality posts: 7 Private Messages packsofwolves
shindig966 wrote:How does this water filter pitcher compare to Brita or PUR pitchers? I know that both of those brands at least have good reputations.

I have a Brita filter-pitcher, and it manages to transform Dallas water into potable water, which is no small feat.

My main complaint about the Brita pitcher is the hassle of removing the lid and the slow filter-by-gravity process. The pump on this Clear2O seems to solve that problem.

bagpiper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bagpiper
eplee wrote:What is the thing coming out of the handle?

That is for connection to your PCMCIA notebook modem. It's a dongle!

jdpman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jdpman

If this forces water through the filter using your own water pressure, then does it not work at all if you have low water pressure?

sellcell2u

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sellcell2u
shindig966 wrote:How does this water filter pitcher compare to Brita or PUR pitchers? I know that both of those brands at least have good reputations.

I own this item and it fills much faster than those do. It works great. Just make sure you have it hooked up right before you turn on the tap, so you don't have it squirting all over. It really makes the water taste pure.

zemdra

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zemdra

Best water I've ever tasted and it's immediately available.

leecarraher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leecarraher

costs of the two pitchers + shipping for the filter and the pitcher from woot is about the same as amazon and walmart prices for just the filters.

3 filters for:
$28.60 (amazon)
unit cost:
$9.53 + shipping?

2 filters and pitchers:
$19.99 (woot)
unit cost:
$9.99

or buy 3 and get 6 filters and pitchers for
$49.97
unit cost:
$8.33

it suck_s that going cheap != going green

ATMA

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ATMA

Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Sears....

paltex9 wrote:where do i get filters from?

w00tgurl

quality posts: 26 Private Messages w00tgurl

I got these last time on woot for the same price. Good deal, fills up fast. The thing coming out of the handle is the filler tube. You attach that tube to your faucet and fill up that way.
The worst thing about these is you need to connect it directly to your sink faucet. So take off your regular aerator if you can. If you have a fancy pull-down faucet, or clunky handle faucet, you can't use these unless you change out the faucet tip for every filling.
I use mine to fill up a large water jug in my fridge with a bottom spout. Good value but with my new faucet, it's a bit inconvenient.

Cat & Duck's Investigative Assistant
LONG LIVE WOOT CLUE 2012! r.i.p. you are miseed

JackS92628

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JackS92628

Fills from a quick-connect fitting on the end of a
short hose that tucks neatly into the pitcher handle.

That hose gets stiff from the cold in the fridge and
makes the pitcher tip over in the sink while filling.
Run hot water on the hose first to limber it up.

Adapters to fit the quick-connect to the faucet are
included. Quick-connect replaces your favorite
aereator or sprayer on the faucet.

A clockworks inside moves as it fills to show when to
replace the filter. Found cheap filters on eBay.

I wooted two last September. No regrets. Good water.