dgreeno61

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgreeno61

where does one buy replacment filters?

brenkata

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brenkata

Personally, I like a little hexachlorocyclopentadiene in my water. Yum!

richardao

quality posts: 1 Private Messages richardao

Purchased a two pack last time and they are great.
In for three two packs, some for family and the cost is the same or less then replacement filters. go Woot!!!

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

What I disliked about this system is, I have a really nice tapset and I don't want to have the ugly filler attachment on my 500.00 faucet, and in my bathrooms I have gold/brass taps, so I didn't want the ugly adapter on there either. It really is a shame you can't fill it the brita way or with the hose, as it does filter very well and so darn quickly because of the pressure. It is a shame, 2 filling options would have made this absolutely perfect

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

moosish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages moosish

I bought this as a single a few months ago, and it's great! SOME people, however (myself included) are NOT able to hook up the hose to my faucet; however, that's not a problem. I called the company when I first got it and they explained how I can still use it, but just not by using the attached hose. It takes a few minutes extra this way, but it works just fine! Great item!

Marsha Aronson

moosish

chardonay wrote:What I disliked about this system is, I have a really nice tapset and I don't want to have the ugly filler attachment on my 500.00 faucet, and in my bathrooms I have gold/brass taps, so I didn't want the ugly adapter on there either. It really is a shame you can't fill it the brita way or with the hose, as it does filter very well and so darn quickly because of the pressure. It is a shame, 2 filling options would have made this absolutely perfect

But you don't need to use the faucet adapter! Just let the water trickle into the tank top without using the hose. It takes a little longer, but it works just fine that way!

Marsha Aronson

vinayraja

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vinayraja

I bought these on woot last time. It works great. What's best of this pitcher is the filtering speed is as fast as the water flows of the faucet. The pitcher is not too heavy either. The indicator works good. Price is great.

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay
moosish wrote:But you don't need to use the faucet adapter! Just let the water trickle into the tank top without using the hose. It takes a little longer, but it works just fine that way!

yours must be different than the one we got from woot. You can't remove the lid, so there is no way to use it other than the fill hose.

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

lgench

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lgench

I would appreciate it if someone who has one would post the height of this pitcher. Thanx!

emhodew

quality posts: 3 Private Messages emhodew

I bought this the first time it was offered. It is amazingly fast. We have both Brita and Culligan filters as well. I can SEE the difference in the water. They need to work on the sink hook up though, the hose is very short. You have to empty the sink to fill it. But it is worth the bother.

emhodew

lgench wrote:I would appreciate it if someone who has one would post the height of this pitcher. Thanx!

Approx 10" x 10" x 5"
H D W.

johnsonjf

quality posts: 7 Private Messages johnsonjf
txalan wrote:I haven't seen replacement filters for this in any local store. Are they hard to find and are they expensive? PUR and Brita are very common.

There are several places you can get replacement filters for this pitcher:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-Clear2O-Filter-3-2dpk-2e/dp/B0012LG2GM

Also, I have found them at Wal-Mart as well as Big Lots. Big Lots sells not only the filters but the pitchers as well. I believe I picked up a 3-pack of filters at Big Lots for $19 and a new pitcher for $9 last time I visited.

Otherwise, online will probably be your best bet and the indicator bubble at the top of the pitcher changes so slowly that you should know well in advance when you need to order more.

johnsonjf

moosish wrote:But you don't need to use the faucet adapter! Just let the water trickle into the tank top without using the hose. It takes a little longer, but it works just fine that way!

Do I need to use the faucet adapter?

emhodew

johnsonjf wrote:Do I need to use the faucet adapter?

This uses a compressed carbon filter. That is why it is more efficient then regular filters. If you could get the water to drip into the filter it would take forever for it to come out.
When @moosish is speaking, you should be sure the sound is coming from the front, not the back. ;)

johnsonjf

anyboatyourow wrote:Adults should never drink water from a bathroom sink! It's only for kids, while brushing their teeth!

You almost rhymed, but not quite yet, drinking from the sink, would be safe I bet.

The real question is what the dimensions are of the sink. If it is like the sinks I remember in college w/ the squatty faucet and basin, it might not be practical to use this filter. However, if it has a deep basin that lets you sit the pitcher in it, it should work.

Another way to get around this is to attach the top portion of the pitcher and funnel the water into a jug or something hanging it over the sink. When in college, you have to be creative!

alaneads

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alaneads

I got this on Woot a while back... I am still on my first pitcher, I'm not going to open the second one until the filter is out on the first.

jonbrown117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonbrown117

ok... so under features it says it fills 9, 8 oz. glasses... just curious who is doing the math here??? a liter is 33.814022 ozs. so 1.75 liters would be 59.174539 ozs. it would fill about 7 1/2 glasses... not 9!!!! just saying!!!

janvier25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janvier25

I've already changed the aerator for the dishwasher - is it likely to work with that one, on top of that one, or will I have to switch them off every time I want to use the other?

ayakokiyomizu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ayakokiyomizu

I have two of these, and I love them, but with reservations. I love that the water is filtered right away, and that it holds more water at a time because there's no reservoir. The water tastes very nice too. I also like the clear color indicator telling you when to change filters, based on how much water has passed through the filter.

The cons:

- As some have mentioned, it can be awkward with the short hose to fit it up to your faucet. Generally you have to stand the pitcher in your sink. If you tend to have your sink full of dirty dishes this may not be the pitcher for you.

- You have to be careful to carry it level when it's full (up to its "max" indicator), or some water will spill out the spout. If you keep your drinks on the bottom shelf of your refrigerator this makes it more difficult, though not impossible -- the biggest difficulty is remembering to be careful. (Of course you can avoid this simply by not filling it to the top.)

- The biggest con for me is that the replacement filters can be hard to find. I don't see them at my local grocery stores or Target. I have found them at Wal-Mart, but last time I was there I checked and didn't see them. I may have to start ordering mine online.

Despite the cons I would still recommend them for the reasons I said at the beginning.

lgench

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lgench
emhodew wrote:Approx 10" x 10" x 5"
H D W.

Thank you!

rolledsho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rolledsho

If it was only me in the house, I could manage the cold hose problem and screwing it on and off the faucet.

But there is no way this would work out with the rest of the family

Iisaic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Iisaic
chardonay wrote:yours must be different than the one we got from woot. You can't remove the lid, so there is no way to use it other than the fill hose.

I bought two from Woot a while back and we really like them. Our city water tastes bad, but with the Clear2O it tastes much better.
We have a granite sink with the high gooseneck faucet that swivels. I can set the pitcher on the counter near the edge of the sink, and then can fill it from the faucet.

Several months ago, I took one out to our river place (well water) and mentioned it to our neighbor. To show her how it works, I attached the adaptor on her faucet and filled up the pitcher. We compared it to her Britta and the water was much clearer. She tasted both and said the water tasted much better. So, I gave it to her, and I'm glad to see Woot has the offer again, so I can finally get my second one for the river house.

I saw the post that you can open up the lid and use the Clear2O without the hose. My wife can't hook up the hose because of arthritis, so I fill it in the morning and evening with the hose hookup.
After I read the tip, I flipped open the lid that gives you access to the filter and set the water to trickle out of the faucet onto the depression over the filter. It is slower, but works just fine. So now she can fill up the pitcher when I'm not home.

Thanks much for the tip.

Iisaic

llmcl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llmcl
bluejester wrote:I have to start chemo and radiation soon. I hear that keeping well hydrated helps cut down on the nausea factor. This little sale comes at a decent time for me, in a way.

Hi I sent you a private message here on Woot. Best of luck to you.

rvrjude23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rvrjude23

Fantastic tasting H2O. Highly recommended.

moodeyes113

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moodeyes113

I bought these the last time woot was selling them. IT'S AWESOME!

droon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages droon

okay, i cant not put my .02 in here, I dont actually own one of these but i do have a brita filter that i use sometimes. Im in college so this wouldn't work for me at all because of our sinks, but my brita works fine. idk how slow your pitchers took but mine is full in just a few minutes, and it does make a difference (our water comes out of the Monongahela river here near pittsburgh, not pretty) and if im refilling it its normally because i just poured myself a glass of water, which would mean i really dont need more just right that second. maybe im missing something but for all the complaints i really dont see the pros in this thing at all. but if someone can convince me i will buy one.

EDIT: after reading further reviews on here id like to point something out. if you will all follow me in a simple science experiment. if you grab a few perfectly clean GLASSES out of your cabinet (and i mean perfectly clean, run some distilled water through them a few times to make sure that theres no soap or anything left on the inside) take a bottle of distilled water, some of your filtered water, some tap water, and some bottled water, pour each one in its own glass, and tell me which conducts electricity better (take battery, put a wire from batt to lightbulb, lightbulb to water, water to batt, its simple) the distilled will not, and the tap or bottled should give you the brightest light, this is caused by the minerals in the water that give it taste, by taking everything out of water it not only tastes bad, it i bad for you (is works for some many things in life, if you dont like it dont eat it) your body needs some of those minerals and the fluoride that is added to water is to help your teeth (and yes, theres chemistry behind that as well, it works) the chlorine is to clean it from bacteria, and most treatment plants literally bubble it through the water, making sure that most if it does not actually dissolve. some one on here said that their water tasted like pool water, well then idk what pool you go to but they need more chlorine. i buy bottled water personally, i reuse the bottles too, usually three or four times before i grab a new one, a case can last me a semester (~15 weeks) sorry this is so long but its frustrating how ignorent people can be about water, not only is it a universal solvent (meaning that yes, it can cause plastics to "leech" some chemicals into it, but usually its not alot and they arnt harmful to normal healthy people) it also tastes best with a few select minerals in it. you are all probably the same people that use hand sanitizer 100 times a day, turns out thats actually bad for you too, it causes the germs to become resistant to the alcohol and then you are just creating super germs, it also can cause your immune system to become weak and then when you do get a germ, you get really sick. i wash my hands when i should (after the bathroom, before i eat, things like that) but im not obsessive, and guess what, i havent caught swine flu this year like everyone else. go me!! sorry this is so long btw.

Yes i Know my Capitalization and speeling are bad, im a scienteist so that makes It oK.

Alohamora

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Alohamora
richardao wrote:Purchased a two pack last time and they are great.
In for three two packs, some for family and the cost is the same or less then replacement filters. go Woot!!!

If you are buying pitchers in lieu of replacement filters I hope you have room to store them. They are pretty bulky.

moosish

chengg02 wrote:Hello... I got a dumb question.

Will this thing get rid of the stuff in hard water? I have a hot water boiler that i fill distilled water since my faucet water is too hard, i hate having to lug around a 5gal bottle in order to buy water...

Will this thing suffice?

Okay - I haven't tried the water from this pitcher in my iron that takes distilled water, but we have REALLY hard water, and the stuff this filter produces tastes better and has no mineral bitlets sinking to the bottom of the pitcher or a drinking glass the way our regular tap water does. Based on that alone, my opinion is that this filter helps with the hard water problem.

Marsha Aronson

eastercat

quality posts: 4 Private Messages eastercat

Been looking to replace my BPA Brita pitcher. That it's faster is an added benefit.

if u cn rd ths u cn gt a gd jb, bt if u rt lk ths u r a mrn.

worddoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages worddoc

I bought one of these last time. The hose is inflexible and the thing can't attach to my sink anyhow without a lot of work going into it. Not good for college students essentially. Mine's in my closet unused.

alexei27

quality posts: 9 Private Messages alexei27
bluejester wrote:I have to start chemo and radiation soon. I hear that keeping well hydrated helps cut down on the nausea factor. This little sale comes at a decent time for me, in a way.

good thoughts your way!!

...tryin to reason with hurricane season...

Cheeve13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cheeve13

Could i attach this directly to my spigot or hose out side. Hose water tastes better anyway and i'm sure this would add to it.

bmelnyk0

quality posts: 41 Private Messages bmelnyk0
worddoc wrote:I bought one of these last time. The hose is inflexible and the thing can't attach to my sink anyhow without a lot of work going into it. Not good for college students essentially. Mine's in my closet unused.

Not true at all, I'm a college student and I love it, granted im not in a dorm i have my own place, as for attaching to my sink, i think it took a minute to change my faucet to the right attachment and snaping on the hose to the faucet is pretty simple, the hose is unflexible at first, but after filling it and bending the hose back and forth and what not it is more flexible now and i can fill it very fast with ease.

erick99

quality posts: 21 Private Messages erick99

I have used these with Windows 7 with absolutely no problems at all.

Erick R Williams
Only worry about the present. The past is over and the future will be the present soon enough

Nate650

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650

I bought the undersink water filter below and it's been working great for about a year. I think it's much more convenient than a pitcher like this.

http://www.amazon.com/Culligan-US-EZ-4-EZ-Change-Under-Sink-Drinking/dp/B000NNPVUS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1267595681&sr=8-1

About the BPA, I generally hate using plastic for anything, even if it's BPA-free. So much gristle is out on the market that shouldn't be which have magically "passed" the corrupt FDA's criteria. It's sickening.

gregwire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregwire

I have an answer. It will not remove the minerals that clog your boiler. You need a reverse osmosis filter, or a deionizer for that.

Gregwire

chengg02 wrote:Hello... I got a dumb question.

Will this thing get rid of the stuff in hard water? I have a hot water boiler that i fill distilled water since my faucet water is too hard, i hate having to lug around a 5gal bottle in order to buy water...

Will this thing suffice?

Stoneygirl76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stoneygirl76
jgmcgowan wrote:Would the faucet attachment hook up to a Bathroom sink? I'm downsizing next year to a on campus dorm room and considering this or a 3gallon jug water dispenser.

I had to attempt to hook mine up to the bathroom sink due to incompatibility problems with my kitchen faucet. Unless your bathroom sink is VERY deep you will find it quite awkward to try this. Because of the way the hose attaches both to the faucet and the pitcher it's just not very easy for me to fill using my bathroom sink.

BoaZ2020

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BoaZ2020
droon wrote:... some one on here said that their water tasted like pool water, well then idk what pool you go to but they need more chlorine...

You need to skip "college" and go back to middle school, your reading comprehension is just about worthless.

What "some one" on here said was, "Never understood how people who live in more urban environments can drink what is essentially pool water all day long."

Pool water is chlorinated water.
Municipal water is chlorinated water.

See that?
They're essentially the same.

hawki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hawki

When does it ship????

ThatPoshGirl

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ThatPoshGirl

Mine shipped yesterday according to track by reference.