0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Neat Receipts v4.0 Document Management System with Scanner
$69.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:
- 1 Neat Receipts v4.0 Organizing Scanner for PC Only

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

DCno10

quality posts: 376 Private Messages DCno10

here's a previous woot

bozsurfco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bozsurfco

or...you can buy a printer with a scanner on it for half the price.

emhodew

quality posts: 3 Private Messages emhodew

I ordered this tha last time it was offered. It does a great job of recognizing what it has scanned. It has been a savior for me in filing my expense reports!

Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191

My mother, a computer lightweight, uses this system and has no problems with it. According to her, she uses it to write off thousands of dollars of sales tax yearly. I don't have that kind of drive, but perhaps others do.

This is probably the only computer product she has that she can use completely without help and has never asked for any on, so that should let you know difficulty of use.

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

dirkgently31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirkgently31

Why the $15.00 price increase? Am I missing something or wasn't this offered for $55.00 previously?

emhodew

bozsurfco wrote:or...you can buy a printer with a scanner on it for half the price.

Yes you could.
But those are not portable, do not run on usb voltage, or have document recognition software.

kmjohnson7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmjohnson7
dirkgently31 wrote:Why the $15.00 price increase? Am I missing something or wasn't this offered for $55.00 previously?

That's what I want to know too! I was tempted but I guess I'll wait to see if it's on the next woot off to save money.

erick99

quality posts: 21 Private Messages erick99

If you have time to load your grocery and Walmart underwear purchase receipts onto a computer via this device then you have way, way too much free time.

Erick R Williams
Only worry about the present. The past is over and the future will be the present soon enough

emhodew

dirkgently31 wrote:Why the $15.00 price increase? Am I missing something or wasn't this offered for $55.00 previously?

It was $79 when I bought it. And well worth the price. So today is a $10 price decrease!

abramokids

quality posts: 16 Private Messages abramokids

My boss purchased this for work and it made things so much easier than holding every receipt. I reccomend it.

xquishi

quality posts: 8 Private Messages xquishi

Canadian tech review on Youtube:

GetConnected-Tech Look-Neat Receipts Scanner

JimBurnell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JimBurnell
bozsurfco wrote:or...you can buy a printer with a scanner on it for half the price.

A printer with a scanner on it doesn't fit easily in a travel bag.

kukreja

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kukreja

Seems to be a good deal based on the price.

149.00 = Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CQFRPO

OR

$179.98 = Walmart.com
http://www.walmart.com/ip/NeatReceipts-Portable-Mobile-Sheetfed-Scanner/13803026

md1207

quality posts: 8 Private Messages md1207

The previous woot had more in the box as well, wall mount. I've seen this work and it's great. With tax time coming up I wish I had it last year.

zinger18

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zinger18

Does anyone know if you can scan something like a magazine article and have the resulting document be text plus images?

Or alternatively, if it creates a PDF, is the text in the PDF file searchable?

brandoncoop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brandoncoop

This scanner is awesome. I keep it in my computer bag and it's light enough to go with me anywhere. It's a great portable scanner regardless of the software that you use with it. I've got the Mac version and I believe the scanner itself is identical but the PC only designation is referring to the software only (I think).

kukreja

Official Product Website
(Which seems to be suffering from technical difficulties and not loading at this time)

http://www.neatco.com/products/neatreceipts

animuson

quality posts: 14 Private Messages animuson

Meh, I want a scanner that scans barcodes and prints receipts, I could have a lot more fun with that. Organizing receipts for taxes and tracking finances is so boring...

kukreja

How about some VIDEO reviews...for you lazy asses who don't like to read :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PalcJvUIfKU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-1RBRiSbR0

cactii

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cactii
emhodew wrote:Yes you could.
But those are not portable, do not run on usb voltage, or have document recognition software.

why would you need a portable scanner for receipts? I have no idea when this would be useful. What is the obsession with portability?

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
cactii wrote:why would you need a portable scanner for receipts? I have no idea when this would be useful. What is the obsession with portability?

Business trips/expense reports would come to mind. Someone that travels a lot and needs to be able to report in on the go.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

zinger18

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zinger18
zinger18 wrote:Does anyone know if you can scan something like a magazine article and have the resulting document be text plus images?

Or alternatively, if it creates a PDF, is the text in the PDF file searchable?

Never mind....once the product website loaded, I got my answer.

The PDFs are text searchable. Sweet! In for one.

Gnomercy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Gnomercy
cactii wrote:why would you need a portable scanner for receipts? I have no idea when this would be useful. What is the obsession with portability?

Obviously you have never traveled for a living or filed an expense report.

JimBurnell

The idea is that you want to hold on to a physical receipt or business card for as little time as possible.

If you go on a trip, or even if you just go to work, you can take this with you. You can scan the stuff on the spot and then throw it away. Rather than stuffing it a folder or something and then trying to remember to do it when you get home.

tiga31328

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tiga31328

I have been interested in getting one of these but this Woot ain't stellar enough. They had this on Sellout May of 09 for the same price.

Neat doesn't have a long enough track record to trust paying this price for a refurb with only a 90 day warranty, it has moving parts so unless you don't mind a disposable unit...yack.

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3

Ooooh! I really love mine. I got one the last time it was here and it makes a huge difference in all my receipts. I actually feel like I might be semi-organized for tax season.

www.howlingdead.com

BIGELLOW

quality posts: 12 Private Messages BIGELLOW

This would be for people who are on-the-go a lot. For instance, if you are a business person who spends most of your time traveling in your car or traveling on a plane or spend a lot of your time in hotels, then this is ideal.

You don't have to organize receipts and wait until you are sitting behind a computer with a scanner attached to download a batch of receipts. You can just scan those receipts as you acquire them.

Also, if your only receipts are underwear purchases at Walmart or simple grocery receipts, you probably don't need to bother with this.

However, if you have a Flexible Spending Account as a part of your healthcare package, being able to scan receipts which contain items which are reimbursable (such as medicines, pain relievers, etc...), then this is nearly a must-have.

kamnet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kamnet

I've lusted after this for a few years now. Too bad I cannot afford this today, I'd take it in a heartbeat. I will eventually get one, though, the price keeps coming down.

In for one, at least in spirit.

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3

BTW, I forgot to mention I take this on business trips with me and scan in the receipts before I lose them. Neat Receipts is simply awesome.

www.howlingdead.com

Gnomercy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Gnomercy

You have gotta love this guy's catchphrase...another video review...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=escc-eECnIQ&feature=related
He offers you a money back guarantee...for what thats worth.

DJ69

quality posts: 3 Private Messages DJ69

I have a refurb from here, this is a great working product, until I upgraded to Windows 7 and the previous version won't work. They do not provide a patch and are charging everyone 30 dollars to upgrade. Keep this in mind if they do it again.
So I have a scanner I cannot use unless I give them another 30 dollars.
Horrible company, great product.

JimBurnell

DJ69 wrote:I have a refurb from here, this is a great working product, until I upgraded to Windows 7 and the previous version won't work.

Have you tried running it in a virtual XP box?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

jihoon0525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jihoon0525

I was waiting for this woot for about 2 months now. The only problem is I already bought this on Amazon for $176.44.

Enough of the bad,

This thing is AWESOME! The real value is the software that comes with it. It has a really comprehensive interface and is really user friendly. One downside to this product is the way the receipt sometimes gets its corner stuck on the scanner and it scans kind of weird. You can easily fix this issue by scanning it about a cm off the edge.

Jbo41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jbo41

If it's "NOT FOR MAC" and "PC ONLY", how come I am using one with my iMac and iBook every day for the past year and a half running MacOS 10.5.7??

DJ69

quality posts: 3 Private Messages DJ69
JimBurnell wrote:Have you tried running it in a virtual XP box?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Doesn't that use an extra gig alone? Besides, I loaded my software and the scanner would not even make it past calibration mode.
A few e-mails from their company resolved my case telling me I had to pay for the new software due to developer costs.
I understand that part, but come on, how about a patch for the people who already own one?
I'm not asking for extra special fluffy features.

djpandemonium

quality posts: 1 Private Messages djpandemonium
DJ69 wrote:I have a refurb from here, this is a great working product, until I upgraded to Windows 7 and the previous version won't work. They do not provide a patch and are charging everyone 30 dollars to upgrade. Keep this in mind if they do it again.
So I have a scanner I cannot use unless I give them another 30 dollars.
Horrible company, great product.

I have this exact scanner, bought on Woot a few months ago as a refurb. It works fine in Windows 7. I just used it a few hours ago to scan some receipts to send to my accountant. I've used it on Vista 64 and Windows 7 64 and 32, all with no issues. I'm using the software and driver that came on the disk with the unit (4.0 SP3A). I usually ignore included disks, as there is usually a newer version on the site. When I couldn't find one that would work, I popped in the disk and away it went.