jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

Hi folks, it's that time of year again, the time when people who are less-informed than they think they are will make baseless predictions about events where they only have a hazy understanding. No, not the ongoing healthcare saga on Capital Hill. It's time to predict the outcome of the 64 basketball games that will be played in the NCAA Men's Basketball tournament. We here in the Everything But Woot section of the website like to play a friendly game every year. For the last two years we've played on the CBSsports.com game, but we've also talked about trying a different website to organize our game. If you have a preferred host, leave a message here or send me a PM. I hope to have the game set to go Sunday night or Monday morning, once the bracket is released. Check this thread to find out how you can participate and remember to get your picks in early!

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

First Post!!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I was happy with CBS, but no problem with switching if someone wants to.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

jqubed

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your brackets!

tl;dr: click links to join our bracket league

It's that time of year again, where boasts are made, dreams are crushed, and beer is drunk. Some basketball is even played. Now is the time to get your game on again. I did actually look into bracket systems from other sites, but didn't see anything that stood out as being markedly better, and no one else contacted me to say that another system is better. The main thing I was looking for was an opportunity to pick the play-in game that decides who will get to lose to Duke in the first round that really matters, and no one seems to let you pick that. That does mean you have until Thursday to pick instead of Tuesday, though. On the plus side, if you participated last year (and there were 15 of us), your registration info should still be good, if you're one of the lucky few who can remember or still have emails saying what your username and password are, or at least know enough to get your password reset. Another bonus: I pretty much just copy-pasted last year's post for this year.

That's great jqubed, but how do I play?

I'm glad you asked! Click your way over to http://ebwoot.mayhem.cbssports.com/e
(You may need to be signed in before attempting to join our group. If you are not registered with CBSsports.com, you can do so here.)

Our password is 'ebw' (no quotes). Register, if necessary, and be sure to join in the fun. Remember, you don't need to know anything about or even care for college basketball, and you likely still will do as well or better than people who actually put effort into their picks. Just be sure to make your picks and submit them before Noon EDT on Thursday, March 18.

Remember, there are no prizes* but the satisfaction of a job well done, and the satisfaction of watching people you don't know post rude things about you on the internet, while pretending to congratulate you.

*Players may be eligible for prizes from the general CBS Sports prizes. There are no prizes for winning our group, though.

Skye — 1997-2007

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj
jqubed wrote:Remember, there are no prizes* but the satisfaction of a job well done, and the satisfaction of watching people you don't know post rude things about you on the internet, while pretending to congratulate you.

*Players may be eligible for prizes from the general CBS Sports prizes. There are no prizes for winning our group, though.

I wish we could get snapster or one of the other Woot gods in here to promise a bagel or crepe (or at least misprinted T-shirts, or a free shipping coupon code) to the winner. Then we'd get a nice crowd!

pooflady

JQ, I want to do two brackets this year, but I can't figure out how to do the second one.

pooflady

pooflady wrote:JQ, I want to do two brackets this year, but I can't figure out how to do the second one.

Edit: I want to do one with my head and one kind of "oh, what the hell."

pooflady

Did anyone do any of the auto-pick brackets?

jqubed

pooflady wrote:Edit: I want to do one with my head and one kind of "oh, what the hell."

I don't actually know. I think Kenney's the only one who ever did it. Have you finished filling one out? Maybe it lets you start another after you've finished your first one...

Skye — 1997-2007

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
pooflady wrote:JQ, I want to do two brackets this year, but I can't figure out how to do the second one.

register with cbs a 2nd time with a different login and password. then fill out a second bracket with that account.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

jqubed

Schrobblehead wrote:register with cbs a 2nd time with a different login and password. then fill out a second bracket with that account.

I've actually set the rules where you should be able to do 2 from 1 account.

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

jqubed wrote:I've actually set the rules where you should be able to do 2 from 1 account.

I figured it out. (And I'm pretty impressed with myself.) Thanks.

pooflady

pooflady wrote:I figured it out. (And I'm pretty impressed with myself.) Thanks.

Yeah, there's a block on the right about doing another bracket. Just click on that and you get a blank one.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Okay. tossed in a couple brackets for fun.

pooflady

bump

jqubed

Whatever, it's way too late for me to keep working on this. The left side is rather thoroughly researched, the right side, not so much...

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

One hour left.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Well, what do you know...

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
ThunderThighs wrote:Well, what do you know...

That makes sense!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

LOL

jqubed

That's a bit extreme just to watch the game!

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

Wow, the first day had a lot of unbelievably close games and upsets that destroyed my brackets.

pooflady

CONGRATULATIONS TO KENNEY - BRACKET WINNER

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
pooflady wrote:CONGRATULATIONS TO KENNEY - BRACKET WINNER

Thank you, it's just proof that even a broken clock can be right every now and then!

All credit is due to the article I read that said CBS and the selection committee planned the brackets such that Duke would win, and I believed it.

Or, if you'd rather:

I RULE ALL!! HOW DOES LOSING TASTE, LOSERS? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE!! YOU ALL CAN TAKE THIS DEFEAT AND BETTER GET USED TO IT BECAUSE I'M GONNA BE HERE ALL DAY!!! I BET YOU ALL ARE GOING TO RUN HOME AND CRY TO MOMMY AT HOW SAD YOU ARE THAT I, A CLEARLY SUPERIOR AND BETTER OPPONENT, TOTALLY WIPED THE FLOOR WITH ALL OF YOU WANNABE SECOND-TIER CRYBABY LOSERS!!!

Kind Regards,

Kenney9226

pooflady

kenney9226 wrote:Thank you, it's just proof that even a broken clock can be right every now and then!

All credit is due to the article I read that said CBS and the selection committee planned the brackets such that Duke would win, and I believed it.

Or, if you'd rather:

I RULE ALL!! HOW DOES LOSING TASTE, LOSERS? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE!! YOU ALL CAN TAKE THIS DEFEAT AND BETTER GET USED TO IT BECAUSE I'M GONNA BE HERE ALL DAY!!! I BET YOU ALL ARE GOING TO RUN HOME AND CRY TO MOMMY AT HOW SAD YOU ARE THAT I, A CLEARLY SUPERIOR AND BETTER OPPONENT, TOTALLY WIPED THE FLOOR WITH ALL OF YOU WANNABE SECOND-TIER CRYBABY LOSERS!!!

Kind Regards,

Kenney9226

twit
I take back the congratulations LOL

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kenney9226 wrote:Thank you, it's just proof that even a broken clock can be right every now and then!

meh. they do that EVERY STINKIN' YEAR! Just sucked that Butler had 2 shots at the end, either one of which could have gone in, and neither one did.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

'course, if either one had gone in, the officials would have implemented the little used "retroactive foul-out of Duke's opponent's best performing player, with their points removed from the team's total at the end".

jqubed

Josephus wrote:'course, if either one had gone in, the officials would have implemented the little used "retroactive foul-out of Duke's opponent's best performing player, with their points removed from the team's total at the end".

As a Duke hater, I have to agree, but I also feel compelled to say

ACC! ACC! ACC! ACC!

Skye — 1997-2007

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Congrats PuckerMan!

Glad to see you win. Was seriously bummed to have OSU and Purdue lose in the field of 16 though. And was hoping for OSU bigtime.

Sigh.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
SkekTek wrote:Congrats PuckerMan!

Glad to see you win. Was seriously bummed to have OSU and Purdue lose in the field of 16 though. And was hoping for OSU bigtime.

Sigh.

I was cheering for "the Shark" and "the Villain" myself, and wore my Club Tril T-shirt a lot during the tournament.

"True Ohio State fans understand that previous statement."