12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

baffles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baffles

Woot Info Post
In the land of the blind, wooters.us is king

HP 2.2GHz Slimline Computer with Windows 7 Home Premium [Refurbished] - $289.99 + $5 shipping

1 * HP S5213W 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB SATA, SuperMulti DVD, Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
HP 2.2GHz Slimline Computer with Windows 7 Home Premium
$289.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:
- 1 HP S5213W 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB SATA, SuperMulti DVD, Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

DCno10

quality posts: 376 Private Messages DCno10

here's the HP support website

edit: woot mod: mayyyyyyyyybe

felloweskimo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages felloweskimo

How would this PC play World of Warcraft? I recently got an HD 23" monitor and need a computer to play on. Would this do the job (handle the graphics, ect)?

rocknrollohio

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rocknrollohio

A great price but just a little under power to use as a HTPC or to watch True HD content

jasonwatkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonwatkins

Seems like I could build that PC a lot cheaper.
Windows 7 is the only thing new about this computer.

hitchens97

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hitchens97
felloweskimo wrote:How would this PC play Warcraft? I recently got an HD 23" monitor and need a computer to play on. Would this do the job (handle the graphics, ect)?

I'm not sure anyone has ever tested Warcraft I on anything more than Win 98, let alone Win 7.

jn082105

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jn082105

6 USB ports! That's 12 Woot-Off Lights! Yippee!

felloweskimo

hitchens97 wrote:I'm not sure anyone has ever tested Warcraft I on anything more than Win 98, let alone Win 7.

I should clarify. World of Warcraft.

sman666

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sman666

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.php?cpu=AMD+Sempron+LE-1250

about the same as the old amd 64 3400+ but has lower power consumption

luk3d4wg

quality posts: 6 Private Messages luk3d4wg
felloweskimo wrote:I should clarify. World of Warcraft.

I can help you answer that -- it would suck. You could probably play it at a lower resolution, but the experience would not be great, especially with a lot of action on-screen.

mpeters13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mpeters13
felloweskimo wrote:I should clarify. World of Warcraft.

I would like to know also.

Roy33sakic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Roy33sakic

Get it fast - because of daylight savings time, it will only be up for 23 hours!

Shiftlock

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Shiftlock

If you swap the modem in the PCIe x1 slot for a video card with HDMI, then put a TV tuner card in the other slot, this might make a nice entertainment center PC.

redbluedevil

quality posts: 4 Private Messages redbluedevil
felloweskimo wrote:How would this PC play World of Warcraft? I recently got an HD 23" monitor and need a computer to play on. Would this do the job (handle the graphics, ect)?

Looks like integrated graphics and single core Sempron processor. Not recommended for gaming by any means.

Solid for light use though.

redbluedevil

quality posts: 4 Private Messages redbluedevil
Roy33sakic wrote:Get it fast - because of daylight savings time, it will only be up for 23 hours!

Hahaha true that.

LucyDog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LucyDog

Windows 7 is 119.00 at Walmart (just the software) so this IS a great deal -

goingTODAY.com

felloweskimo

luk3d4wg wrote:I can help you answer that -- it would suck. You could probably play it at a lower resolution, but the experience would not be great, especially with a lot of action on-screen.

Darn. Playing on a Macbook...cant get much lower resolution than I have now. Guess ill hold out for a better PC.

katwil

quality posts: 3 Private Messages katwil
Shiftlock wrote:If you swap the modem in the PCIe x1 slot for a video card with HDMI, then put a TV tuner card in the other slot, this might make a nice entertainment center PC.

Perhaps, but then you're looking for a video card with HDMI that will run on less than 220 W. That's where it gets tough.

DJ69

quality posts: 3 Private Messages DJ69
LucyDog wrote:Windows 7 is 119.00 at Walmart (just the software) so this IS a great deal -

You do not get a backup disc, so if the HD poops out you are poop out of luck.
This is a very underpowered processor,and slow ram, but it will make a great e-mail/web surfing machine for someone new to the sport.
Don't expect to play many current games with this, and if they do work, it will be on low settings.

beware HP motherboards are prone to failure in the ITX set ups(small machine)

jchee650

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jchee650

I have a similar HP Slimline computer that has the Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 chipset and an AMD processor. It died after just a little more than 2 years of use (a few months after the warranty expired). I managed to get a replacement motherboard and using the Nvidia nTunes utility, I found out that the nForce 430 chip was running around 65°C (149°F). The wimply heatsink doesn't cool the chipset enough.

On the web, I read that Nvidia had to pay OEMs (including HP) a ton of money to deal with thermal problems in the GeForce 6XXX and nForce 4XX chipsets to cover all the warranty repairs that were generated.

For my repaired HP Slimline, I installed cooling fan to blow air over the Nvidia GPU and I got the temp to drop to 40°C (104°F). I hope this increases the life of the system.

Shinespark

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Shinespark

Motherboard
Manufacturer: Pegatron

Nobody summons Pegatron!

luk3d4wg wrote:I can help you answer that -- it would suck. You could probably play it at a lower resolution, but the experience would not be great, especially with a lot of action on-screen.

Yes, one would definitely want to get a new PCI-E video card for doing any gaming with this. 256MB is sufficient to play, but it has no GPU and you'll need to turn the graphics way down (lowest quality textures/effects, probably play at 1024x768 max). WoW may be an old game, but the expansion content keeps putting more stuff on screen and using more complex models.

Anyone know what the buffer size on this hard drive is?

snowboarder27118

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowboarder27118

Sure seems like there are A LOT of refurb HP computers and monitors floating around....

What I don't get is why the products aren't just repaired and sent back to the original owner. Anyone know what the deal is here?

saspets

quality posts: 2 Private Messages saspets

My kids have this computer It works great for them.

jchee650

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jchee650
Shinespark wrote:Motherboard Manufacturer: Pegatron
Nobody summons Pegatron!

Pegatron is the 2008 OEM spin off of ASUStek. I think ASUS makes most of the motherboards for the HP Slimline PCs with AMD CPUs.

krystiana

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krystiana

I am very disappointed. It's only ten thirty, woot. Why did you X the sansa? I was going to buy one, but I just got home to do so..... It's only ten thirty! When did things change?

jasonwatkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonwatkins

I can play Crysis maxed out with this. Right?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

krystiana wrote:I am very disappointed. It's only ten thirty, woot. Why did you X the sansa? I was going to buy one, but I just got home to do so..... It's only ten thirty! When did things change?

Sale times are Midnight, Central Time Zone.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

onapartyrock

quality posts: 4 Private Messages onapartyrock

I'd add a ECS NGT220C-512QZ-F GeForce GT 220 512MB Video Card, newegg has for under $60 shipped.

It is a decent low profile video card that would add a bit of gaming fun to the system.

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva

I'm not a big gamer but enjoy Pogo would this be good for that site? what about hulu?

Keepster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keepster

My experience with the HP Slimline series has been pretty poor. Power supply is usually too light, system runs hot. Power supply and connectors are proprietary and expensive and supported video cards tend to be on the short side. My two bits.

jtresham

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jtresham

I bought this computer last month from Woot and just set it up this week. I like that it is a small size for a desktop machine. It is faster than I expected for such an inexpensive computer. It's a good basic machine for general computing tasks...at a very good price.

Yeah, I blog
[url=http://benchmark60.blogspot.com[/url]

StevieT

quality posts: 3 Private Messages StevieT

I purchased this last time it was on Woot. Placed it in my shipping/shop area and am very happy. Great office type desktop and very fast. Those that think you should be able to waste you life playing army men or watch HD vid on this are kidding themselves. This is a computer that you make money with.

Nice that it comes with Windows 7, makes my want to upgrade my laptop. Yeah you throw away the keyboard and mouse for wireless.

CastAStone

quality posts: 14 Private Messages CastAStone
rocknrollohio wrote:A great price but just a little under power to use as a HTPC or to watch True HD content

The problems not the power. Its the lack of HDMI outputs.

saltysteele

quality posts: 4 Private Messages saltysteele

doesn't matter the size of any computer for sale, the speed, the RAM, the memory, solid state/disk drive - someone is always going to tell you it's underpowered, not to expect to play games on it, and that it will make a great email/web surfer

CastAStone

quality posts: 14 Private Messages CastAStone
yeawuteva wrote:I'm not a big gamer but enjoy Pogo would this be good for that site? what about hulu?

Yes. And yes. This will easily stream 720p video. And with the old school video output, that's about as good as the monitor would allow anyways.

More important for Pogo and Hulu is making sure your broadband speeds are fast enough. I can't tell you how many people I meet who have the cheapest DSL or Cable package and can't understand why their new computer is so slow online.

bill0405

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bill0405
felloweskimo wrote:How would this PC play World of Warcraft? I recently got an HD 23" monitor and need a computer to play on. Would this do the job (handle the graphics, ect)?

Warcraft is pretty simple to run. This one should do fine...but you can research and find much better than this computer

knorton2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knorton2

bought one....I love HP and need an extra.
Thanks woot <3

mboverload

quality posts: 80 Private Messages mboverload

How loud is this?

117 woots and counting, since 2007. Don't ban me, bro!