2%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Oneida 65 Piece Flatware Collection
$69.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:
- 1 Oneida 65 Piece Flatware Collection with Wooden Storage Caddy

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

dogar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dogar

Oh...in for a set!

MooseOfReason

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MooseOfReason

Are they made in China?

freelance

quality posts: 15 Private Messages freelance

Oneida makes great silverware. I own two sets and years later they still look brand new. Highly recommend them. (I think mine are 18/10 though...)... Just checked, and no, they are 18/0 just like these. Buy 3 sets, you can't go wrong.

(it is cheaper to buy them in sets so you don't have to replace the individual pieces when they are ground in the disposal by accident)

Oneida will sell their patterns for a lifetime (that's what they say and so far, so good). If you ever need more of a discontinued pattern, you won't have to hunt high and low...

Of course, you can just buy 3 sets and never have to worry about it...

PEACE

**** Woot!
***Woot!

alison0313

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alison0313

This same set can be purchased on the Oneida website for $64 if you use coupon code MARCAT20

http://www.oneida.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/_/65-Piece-Service-for-12/productID/564e7d0b-0a12-4683-8129-4d94e4a9a714/categoryID/8dbcda32-2d14-4d32-b2e1-0f32292a851e/

Crappy woot

jn082105

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jn082105

FINALLY! First wooter and I needed forks badly.

Greshmahg

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Greshmahg

Well, people had started to complain how Woot was regurgitating the same products over and over. Wood yesterday, silverware today. Nobody can say that they aren't bringing out new products now.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

5-star reviews on Amazon - Chandler

4 stars for Amazon - Stafford

shindig966

quality posts: 77 Private Messages shindig966

What is the significance of flatware being 18/0 Stainless Steel Flatware? I know it says that it is Chromium: 18%, No Nickel, but is that a good thing?

todaresq

quality posts: 75 Private Messages todaresq

Chandler at Oneida

Stafford at Oneida

Both currently on sale for 149.99... regular is $320.

Great price woot!

douglips

quality posts: 0 Private Messages douglips

$103 - $125 on amazon

chandler

stafford

allhighruler

quality posts: 5 Private Messages allhighruler

It cost $102 at amazon, but it comes with tray. http://www.amazon.com/Oneida-Chandler-65-Piece-Flatware-Storage/dp/B000F266OC/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1270011722&sr=8-1-fkmr0

bethmbg

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bethmbg

Reviewers on Amazon always make the point that 18/10 stainless is the heavier, more desirable kind.

ironmanoppie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ironmanoppie

just got this stuff for my wedding - good everyday tableware. heavy enough to feel like you're holding something, but no ugly designs.

winner.

decafalan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages decafalan

I enjoy the smooth feeling of polished silverware between my soft lips. Haha

giggleloop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giggleloop

The Chandler set on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Oneida-Chandler-65-Piece-Flatware-Storage/dp/B000F266OC

And the Stafford set:

http://www.amazon.com/Oneida-Stafford-65-Piece-Flatware-Service/dp/B0001BR9NY

gty

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gty

if you guys sell a hundred of these i will be surprised

ChefJoAnnaM

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ChefJoAnnaM

got the same oneida polished set from walmart, in packs of 8 for $50 each, so i got more serving utensils than this offer.

[ no wooden box, tho ]

oneida is good stuff, but this isn't that good of a deal.

¡ʎɹƃunɥ ʎɹǝʌ 'ʎɹǝʌ ǝɹɐ noʎ :ǝƃɐssǝɯ lɐuıɯılqns

todaresq

quality posts: 75 Private Messages todaresq
alison0313 wrote:This same set can be purchased on the Oneida website for $64 if you use coupon code MARCAT20

http://www.oneida.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/_/65-Piece-Service-for-12/productID/564e7d0b-0a12-4683-8129-4d94e4a9a714/categoryID/8dbcda32-2d14-4d32-b2e1-0f32292a851e/

Crappy woot

I attempted to test that... and the shopping cart removed everything when I entered it.

djcozmik

quality posts: 9 Private Messages djcozmik

I'm in it for the sweet wooden caddy. Who's with me??

cakes85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cakes85

18/10 is the more desirable. The Steel is more durable and pretty much lasts forever. All-clad cookware and Rosle are both 18/10 and they are very nice quality.

alison0313

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alison0313
todaresq wrote:I attempted to test that... and the shopping cart removed everything when I entered it.

The deal is currently posted on bradsdeals.com. However, I just noticed shipping was $12 so I guess this is better.

beagleboy99

quality posts: 6 Private Messages beagleboy99
MooseOfReason wrote:Are they made in China?

They used to be manufactured right here in central NY, but alas, the lure of super cheap offshore labor proved too strong, so yes to China I believe. Skilled Americans used to make a decent living, buy cars and homes and pay taxes making these. I always heard that there should be an 18/10 mix with nickel for better quality.

n44nc

quality posts: 9 Private Messages n44nc

Looks like Woot is targeting a different group of consumers. Grilling planks yesterday and silverware today. Nice to see something other than TVs and monitors.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

imagecaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imagecaster

$125 on Amazon ... good reviews for both, even though 18/10 is suppposed to be a better quality in the long run. It's probably better than my 15-year-old post-divorce flatware from Target, which I'm sure is not 18/10 and still looks good after all this time. In for one!

Over 75 wootilicious purchases so far, including: 1 unmutilated Be the Monkey Woot T-shirt, 12 screaming monkeys and 2 leakfrogs. Ribbit.

DebbieDunlap

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DebbieDunlap

Meh. Good deal. Def not great deal.

Not so long ago I bought same size Oneida set with tray (which is great btw) for $39.99 on Amazon deal-of-the-day. With their free shipping.

bzandt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bzandt

The satin version will not look as "worn" as time goes on, compared to the polished version, since it's harder for tiny scratches to be visible on satin finish.

kalira

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kalira
allhighruler wrote:It cost $102 at amazon, but it comes with tray. http://www.amazon.com/Oneida-Chandler-65-Piece-Flatware-Storage/dp/B000F266OC/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1270011722&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Woot's includes the tray, too... Very last thing under "In the box:" is "Wooden Storage Caddy."

martmann4

quality posts: 14 Private Messages martmann4
alison0313 wrote:This same set can be purchased on the Oneida website for $64 if you use coupon code MARCAT20

Nope, that code only brings it down from $149 to $119.

Learn how to post a link:
[url]THE WEB ADDRESS[/url]
11 extra keystrokes, that show you care.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/languages/en-US/docs/bbcode.aspx <Like that.

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant
djcozmik wrote:I'm in it for the sweet wooden caddy. Who's with me??

hopefully, you're being sarcastic here! if that's all you want, you can get it for $15 through oneida...or you can get similar ones at any department store or import store.

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

x0darap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages x0darap
todaresq wrote:I attempted to test that... and the shopping cart removed everything when I entered it.

worked for me

Subtotal $63.99
Standard Shipping $12.00
Estimated Total $75.99

and with that shipping, still a better deal from w00t

raineesue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raineesue

Never used satin finish flatware before. Love the look, but what do you think the odds are of it wearing to shine over time? I'm torn between the two sets.

turtlegir1

quality posts: 33 Private Messages turtlegir1

kitchen.woot! Like the variety, though!

cakes85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cakes85

Some people do have nickel allergies...would that be important to know with flatware?

octowoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages octowoot
alison0313 wrote:The deal is currently posted on bradsdeals.com. However, I just noticed shipping was $12 so I guess this is better.

And the pattern on the set you linked to is butt ugly. The patterns woot is offering are almost twice as expensive elsewhere.

Ieo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ieo
MooseOfReason wrote:Are they made in China?

If I recall correctly, after 2004 things began being outsourced to Indonesia. Up until then I believe everything was made here in the U.S.A. As far as China goes, I don't believe anything Oneida is made there, but then again EVERYONE makes their stuff in China.

Fun Fact:

Look up "Oneida Community" on wikipedia. They were a "Utopian commune" in late 19th century New York that supported themselves by making metal animal traps, and then eventually silverware.

Epsilon748

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Epsilon748

To anyone looking at this that has never bought any stainless steel before:

Be careful of the grade used!

This set is 18/0 stainless steel. These two numbers represent percentages of alloys included, but the important number in stainless steel is the second number. This represents the percentage of nickel used. What does nickel do? It prevents rust. Where is flatware often used? In wet environments. Where does this leave us?

If you were to hand wash and dry this flatware, you would never see an issue. However, by putting them in the dishwasher or otherwise exposing them to wet environments, you will see them rust like nobody's business.

So, as a bit of advice from a moderately experienced kitchen guy, avoid these. Yes, you will have to pay more to get decent flatware, but buying 18/8 or 18/10 stainless steel flatware is an investment. If you want cheap stuff that might rust, but definitely won't last several years, buy these. If you want a great set that will outlast your kitchen, look to spend a little more. This is about the price you would pay for a single 4 place setting set of decent 18/8 or 18/10 flatware. As far as brands go however, Oneida is excellent, no problems there.

When shopping for *anything* stainless steel, be careful of the grade used. If the box does not list a grade, or you see 18/0... avoid. This applies to pots, pans, flatware, pretty much anything stainless steel that you would purchase.

Hope this post helps anyone that was considering purchasing based purely on the price. My warning boils down to this.. research before you buy. 18/0 stainless steel in flatware that will essentially always be wet is like investing in a motorcycle when you live at the North Pole, it's just not the best idea.

dangerhaus

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dangerhaus

yinz may have read me write this before, but seeing as my wooting days are rapidly drawing to - if not a close, at least a hiatus - I couldn't miss tonight*'s opportunity to say:

Stick a fork in me:

I'm done!

*perhaps it's 'this morning' for some of you; but round here, it ain't tomorrow til you go to sleep and wake up again.

the ha is silent - i'm laughing on the inside

Shiftlock

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Shiftlock

I assume the 18/0 refers to 18 percent chromium and zero percent nickel content. What is the significance of that? What exactly does the nickel do, and why is flatware with nickel considered to be more desirable?