12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

baffles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baffles

Woot Info Post
BILLY MAYS HERE FOR WOOTERS.US

HP Pavilion Dual-Core 17.3" Entertainment Notebook [Refurbished] - $499.99 + $5 shipping

1 * HP Pavilion G71-349WM Intel Dual Core 2.1GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB SATA, 17.3" LED, Win 7 Home Prem 64

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
HP Pavilion Dual-Core 17.3" Entertainment Notebook
$499.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:
- 1 HP Pavilion G71-349WM Intel Dual Core 2.1GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB SATA, 17.3" LED, Win 7 Home Prem 64

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

DCno10

quality posts: 376 Private Messages DCno10

here's the HP Support website

gephross100

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gephross100

I wounder how good the intel video chipset is considering it only has shared memory with the laptop's RAM and not its own vRAM

c u

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Will this play bluray movies?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

dilone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dilone

Is the description a nod to Script Frenzy, going on now?

cavedeamon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cavedeamon

is that the windows 98 version of solitaire on the screen?

aoviss

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss

Most expensive deck of cards I've ever seen...

That was my impression of an technophobic person from "The Greatest Generation". Yes, YOU Papa!

mrbarister

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mrbarister

Just a couple months back woot offered the same thing for the same price, except it was a 500gb hard drive, 2.4Ghz processor, and a blu ray player. So what makes this one special... It has less and is the same price.

gephross100

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gephross100
tytiger58 wrote:Will this play bluray movies?

and last time i checked you need a bluray diskdrive to play bluray disks on a computer

so no

c u

tkking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tkking

I have personally owned 5 of the Pavilion laptop models and they have all broken in various ways. Hard drive died on two of them just one year in (no big if you have warranty). Two of them have had the hinges broken. Another's wireless card died. The keyboard on ALL of them are missing keys. If you plan on using them on a regular basis I would avoid this line and maybe even the company in general.

iamheretowinp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iamheretowinp

does this have HDMI?

LSlipetz

quality posts: 10 Private Messages LSlipetz

decafalan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages decafalan

Weak photoshop skillz : )

MrD3a7h

quality posts: 29 Private Messages MrD3a7h
gephross100 wrote:I wounder how good the intel video chipset is considering it only has shared memory with the laptop's RAM and not its own vRAM

Answer: not good. Ok for Hulu and the like, and perhaps some TF Classic and Starcraft. Anything more and you are probably pushing it.

Me? I'm half man, half owl, and half moose. I am ManOwlMoose. Don't tell Al Gore about me.
-Battalion of Crabs x 4 (incl Adventure Crabs x 1, Happy Hour Crabs x 1)
-Probation posts x 1

EdTerrific

quality posts: 16 Private Messages EdTerrific
iamheretowinp wrote:does this have HDMI?

Apparently not....deal breaker for me.

ETerrific

gideonfrost

quality posts: 33 Private Messages gideonfrost

Will this play solitare?

finalheaven07

quality posts: 2 Private Messages finalheaven07

My girlfriend has one of these. In the time I've seen it used, it's a good laptop for anything but serious gaming - it's a bit blocky, but it's do-able. Doesn't overheat as easily as the other models I've seen/used/owned.

EdTerrific

quality posts: 16 Private Messages EdTerrific

No separate video card, no hdmi...what makes this an entertainment system??

ETerrific

wongton

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wongton
iamheretowinp wrote:does this have HDMI?

If you click on the image, there is an HDMI port showing on the left side.

hai.

mboverload

quality posts: 80 Private Messages mboverload

Woot Staff:
Where are the pictures? Is the Woot Picture Guy on vacation?

I'm like 10 minutes from your headquaters. I'll show you what to do with the .CR2 images you get off his fancy smancy camera.

117 woots and counting, since 2007. Don't ban me, bro!

kylebowers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kylebowers

The WM suffix means that it is a Wal-Mart model. Wal-Mart no longer sells this model. Most likely there was never anything wrong with the returned units. The only problem were the Wal-Mart customers were not smart enough to push the power button.

Kyle D Bowers

Jarreddo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jarreddo
gephross100 wrote:I wounder how good the intel video chipset is considering it only has shared memory with the laptop's RAM and not its own vRAM

The Intel 4500M is one of the worst graphics chips still being released. It's not even a 4500M HD, which at least is supposed to work better with HD video. A laptop with a ATI 3200 or 4200 would be much better.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-4500MHD-GMA-X4500MHD.9883.0.html

kenerg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kenerg
mrbarister wrote:Just a couple months back woot offered the same thing for the same price, except it was a 500gb hard drive, 2.4Ghz processor, and a blu ray player. So what makes this one special... It has less and is the same price.

Yea ... Memory and Display cost across the industry have increased.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/186809/watch_out_pc_prices_are_going_up.html

Not bad for the price... but I want a blueray player...

FYI I have a notebook with the same graphics card it does BR no issues...

mboverload

wongton wrote:If you click on the image, there is an HDMI port showing on the left side.

That's no HDMI port! It's space station!

spd2base

quality posts: 10 Private Messages spd2base

Bad pictures, incorrect spelling (last woot), and short blog for this item. The woot staff has taken vacation during Easter and handed the reigns to the B-team.

• 10/21/10 Random Crap
  • 9/22/10 Random Crap
  • Woot-off Lights
  • Motorola Xbox 360 Gaming Headset
  • 4/28/10 Random Crap
  • Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook with Accessory Kit
  • Screaming Glow-in-the-Dark Monkey with Woot Cape
  • 2/25/10 Random Crap
  • Mustek 1.5” Digital Photo Frame and Alarm Clock
  • Dorcy LED Mini Keychain Light
  • Pro-Form Precision Trainer XT Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap
  • Random Crap 03/09/11
  • bxybr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bxybr

Anyone ever notice how many HP laptops come up on here refurbished? I have an HP laptop that I got new from the factory and it's had almost nothing but problems.

p8ball4life

quality posts: 1 Private Messages p8ball4life

I'm all warm and fuzzy inside, Woot included my name in the description!

mclovintonite

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mclovintonite

Looks like it's running Windows 2000 in the image...

mboverload

bxybr wrote:Anyone ever notice how many HP laptops come up on here refurbished? I have an HP laptop that I got new from the factory and it's had almost nothing but problems.

Woot is the ideal place to sell large numbers of non-new electronic items. It's a perfect fit really.

jouster555

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jouster555

My hope and wish is for every woot! offer from this point forward be that the powers that be please include a sub-par, sub-standard, sub-refurbished, poor resolution, under equipped piece of computer hardware laptop to purchase.

Everyone just seems to love it! Really!?

Is anyone but me afraid of re-furbished aka (returned for defects and now we think we got it right because we upgraded the case/software/buffed out the scratches piece of fantastic product)?

XMRacer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages XMRacer
    jouster555 wrote:Is anyone but me afraid of re-furbished aka (returned for defects and now we think we got it right because we upgraded the case/software/buffed out the scratches piece of fantastic product)?

Nope
    Just you

Dolebiscuit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dolebiscuit

I want a computer than can run EVE Online and FFIV smoothly. I dunno if this is what I'm looking for though. I should probably just build a computer instead of hoping my ideal one shows up on Woot.

Andrieux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andrieux

WOOT: Please no more INTEL VIDEOCARDs
    I would NEVER buy a laptop with Intel VIDEOCARD

mboverload

Dolebiscuit wrote:I want a computer than can run EVE Online and FFIV smoothly. I dunno if this is what I'm looking for though. I should probably just build a computer instead of hoping my ideal one shows up on Woot.

Building a computer is a great experience. Way better than trying to adapt a computer on woot.

wabah58

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wabah58

I purchased this computer on line at Wal-Mart 2 days after I purchased it I noticed the didn't offer it any more, I was concerned. I got the laptop (am using it right now) and have had no problems at all with it. Only been using it for about 4 months now. I mainly use it for just surfing and making movies. Decent battery life, and would recommend it for the price.

kwinn00

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kwinn00
    bxybr wrote:Anyone ever notice how many HP laptops come up on here refurbished? I have an HP laptop that I got new from the factory and it's had almost nothing but problems.

I bought a HP refurb here and have had no issues. My GF has one from here, and a friend, no problems 6 months later. fried by the fickle finger of fate, you have been...

jaamzw

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jaamzw

Ooooh I need a new solitaire machine.

sdwilkins

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sdwilkins
    tkking wrote:I have personally owned 5 of the Pavilion laptop models and they have all broken in various ways. Hard drive died on two of them just one year in (no big if you have warranty). Two of them have had the hinges broken. Another's wireless card died. The keyboard on ALL of them are missing keys. If you plan on using them on a regular basis I would avoid this line and maybe even the company in general.

If you had such problems why would you continue to buy from HP