WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

After four years of our daily podcast, we sure have a lot of episodes in the can. (It’s where we do our best thinking.) Have you noticed how certain themes recur? We have! For example, grab hold of the common thread running through these... uh, "classic" Wootcasts from tax days of yore.

Tax Attacks! - The first time ever we treated the taxation question in song was with this peppy little number from we forget exactly when.

Send In Your Taxes - It was April of 2007 when this irritating ditty first hit the internetwaves. Now here it is again, like a rash that flares up after you think you've beaten it for good.

Taxpayer's Lament - Here's one from April of 2008, shortly before tax day.

Oh, Crap, My Taxes Are Late - This one ran in 2008 after the 15th. It's the second Woot tax-themed podcast to name-check Wesley Snipes, who's apparently a podcast team favorite, having also been the subject of "Wesley Snipes, Don't Let Them Take You to Jail" (which was featured in our Savage Sounds collection, still available for download).

I Tangled with the IRS and the IRS Won - It was April 15th of 2009 when we dropped this steaming load of pungent grooves onto your hard drives. It seems like only yesterday.

Liveblogging Tax Prep - On that same 2009 date, we documented the final few hours of a tax preparation process that went down to the wire. You can still read how it went on our blog, and listen to the accompanying podcast updates too:

Liveblogging Tax Prep, part 1
Liveblogging Tax Prep, part 2
Liveblogging Tax Prep, part 3

There you have it, genuine antique sounds from the Woot podcast vaults! You know what we like best about these Wootcast Roundup posts? The way they refute the occasional comment we get that our podcast has gone downhill. As you can hear, it's always been this dumb.

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

I still like that Wesley Snipes one.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.