footzilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages footzilla
ssalmehe wrote:I bought a new one from woot a little over a year ago. It worked ok until 2 weeks ago. It's just spinning now. Apparently the bumper sensor isn't working properly. I probably have to buy replace the sensors. I don't think I will invest anymore. I used it probably twice a month at most. I am disappointed with the outcome!

If you decide to ebay it, mention "bump sensor", "nine beeps", or both and you will probably get about 150% as much for it as if you just say "broken".

Oops.

markneuhausen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markneuhausen

I have the Discovery series (400) and love it. Compared to the 400 series (bought one for a niece, mother, and MIL), this one is a tank, much more solid and heavy construction. Mine ran great for year and the battery started going, and then the charging circuit in the Roomba. I bought an external battery charger for an RC car for about $30 and now charge the battery externally and all is good. My niece is a photographer and did a series of shots under various people's beds. Mine was a disappointment, absolutely clean. I was amazed how dirty my house got in the 2 months until I diagnosed and fixed my charger.

jrobertson223

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrobertson223

We've had ours for for almost a year and found it to be reliable and effective. The best part is when you first get it, it's really entertaining to watch. Ok, my life is boring. Enjoy!

Lenin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lenin
jimmyw71 wrote:Yes, these refurbished units come with brand new batteries.

Nope, mine refurb Roomba came with battery crudely engraved with huge letter "R".

Sorry..

ssalmehe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssalmehe
footzilla wrote:If you decide to ebay it, mention "bump sensor", "nine beeps", or both and you will probably get about 150% as much for it as if you just say "broken".

Thanks for the tip!

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

iRobot Roomba 530 Robotic Vacuum with Virtual Wall has completely shipped via FEDEX Ground. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference

number.

FEDEX TRACKING

amyrussell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amyrussell

http://irobotroombathoughts.blogspot.com
I have recently published a new blog regarding my personal views on the iRobot Roomba. Check it out if you get a chance.

-Thanks,
Amy

RobertB

quality posts: 10 Private Messages RobertB

Got mine! I was going to open it and charge it at work, but it's in the original box -- I don't think I'd be able to pack it back up for the trip home. So I'll just gaze longingly at the color picture on the box, and maybe forget to come back to work after lunch.

Note that the box does have a sticker saying "Remanufactured", with a disclaimer that "Color may vary & may contain minor cosmetic blemishes". Fine with me -- I have a few cosmetic blemishes myself, and my color varies from time to time (off-white to red to light brownish, depending on season).

Cr@p-free no more as of 5/26/2010!
(Previous B-to-the-OC: 11/17/2006)
i can haz quality post? zomg!

celticflash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celticflash

Received ours today! Looks brand new.

tabman12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tabman12
celticflash wrote:Received ours today! Looks brand new.

Also got mine, and after charging, get a dreaded "5 flashes" error, which says it's a battery charging issue.

Tried doing the reset mentioned in the manual, but it still does it.

Guess I'll email Woot tomorrow and see what the process is for a return/exchange.

rmmead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmmead

Got mine yesterday. Charged it (only took a few hours and unleashed it upon my floors. Did pretty well on the first run, picked up lots of dog hair (i have a border collie mix) and the floor definitely looks better. Only issue is that it seems unable to find the home base when done... and doesn't automatically head back to base when it needs a recharge :/ I was lead to believe those were supposed to be normal things. Also, anyone know how long it takes for it to start to 'remember' the layout of the floor?

anthory

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anthory

I received my roomba 530 yesterday from woot and it keeps telling me that to "please inspect and clean roomba cliff sensors" i took a swiffer cloth and clean the front and bottom of all the sensors. I also have moved it around on a lighter surface floor bc I've heard that a dark floor could trip the sensors as well but still no luck

What do I need to do? contact woot or iRobot? troubleshoot somemore?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 120 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

anthory wrote:I received my roomba 530 yesterday from woot and it keeps telling me that to "please inspect and clean roomba cliff sensors" i took a swiffer cloth and clean the front and bottom of all the sensors. I also have moved it around on a lighter surface floor bc I've heard that a dark floor could trip the sensors as well but still no luck

What do I need to do? contact woot or iRobot? troubleshoot somemore?

You do have a warranty with iRobot and should be able to contact them for repair/replacement/troubleshooting. Please email us if you have any problems with them though! service@woot.com

Massive Overkill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Massive Overkill

I ordered two: One came with a nickel cadmium and the other came with a NiMH. They came in time for my brother's wedding too. Good job Woot!

musheng

quality posts: 0 Private Messages musheng

Got mine two roombas two days ago. Both of them work good so far. My son already name the one in my house, soon he will name the other one in grand Mom's house.
Thanks Woot!!!!

jaykid007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jaykid007

Received mine..dead on arrival

Update: Called tech support and they are sending me a new one since it was dead....Nice customer service!!

Weird that it didn't work though

RobertB

quality posts: 10 Private Messages RobertB

I've run it a few times now on the carpets and floors in the new house. It's picking up a ton of stuff!

A couple of things I'm concerned about:

* It always pulls to the right. It never goes in a straight line. That doesn't seem to keep it from cleaning thoroughly -- the whole floor is covered with Roomba tracks -- but I'd like to know if that's by design, or if there's a problem with the drive system. If I don't hear more here, I'll call up the Roombanites.

* The cleaning bin is easy to clean, but it's already lost a couple of the teeth around the edge. No big deal, but I would have expected that bit to be a bit sturdier.

Meanwhile, though, everyone loves it. Well, we don't know about the cats -- they're just getting used to the new house anyway, and the Roomba has them rather confused.

Cr@p-free no more as of 5/26/2010!
(Previous B-to-the-OC: 11/17/2006)
i can haz quality post? zomg!

tacnbeer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tacnbeer

I ordered the Roomba 530 and when I opened the box all that was in there was the Roomba, the charging base, a power cord, the manual, and the registration card. This was supposed to include a virtual wall, but the space in the box was empty. Did everyone else get one? Do I contact woot or Roomba?

Ryan Marston

tacnbeer

tacnbeer wrote:I ordered the Roomba 530 and when I opened the box all that was in there was the Roomba, the charging base, a power cord, the manual, and the registration card. This was supposed to include a virtual wall, but the space in the box was empty. Did everyone else get one? Do I contact woot or Roomba?

**Just an update: Woot told me to call Roomba and Roomba referred me back to Woot. I'll let ya all know who ends up helping me out.

Ryan Marston

tacnbeer

tacnbeer wrote:**Just an update: Woot told me to call Roomba and Roomba referred me back to Woot. I'll let ya all know who ends up helping me out.

And in the end.... Woot came through. Thanks guys!!!!

Ryan Marston

majestic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages majestic

My roomba doesn't go back to the charge base to recharge either. It dies half way through the job. Going to call woot to see what can be done.

1979vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1979vette

This vacuum is unreal it's as good if not better than my friend told me. We both have Motorhomes and he showed me how it would work inside the motorhome and in Aug we took a 3 week trip to New England and it performed GREAT. We set it up when we would leave to site see and when we came back it was done just like having a house keeper. Thanks soo much woot!!!! Jim Stuart Bel Air, Maryland

dtalbot34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtalbot34

I ordered this last year and have had nothing but success. We nicknamed ours "Tony" as in tony Danza, the housekeeper from Who's the boss... The only thing that you need to be aware of...and itll actually help it clean more efficiently, is making sure cables, wires, laundry, etc is off the floor when you run it. Itll pick up everything, but if it gets tangled in wires, or picks up a sock off the floor it will either shut itself down or just spin aimlessly trying to shake off whatever it ran over.

But other than that i highly recommend using this everyday while youre in between heavy cleanings with a standard broom. Youll be amazed how dirty your floors are after a round with the Roomba.

David Talbot