chefsean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefsean

???Has anyone seen a lost Woot box???

chefsean
CLICK....>>.....ON...>>....TheMysteryBox>>>>>>

lisaviolet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lisaviolet
Teripie wrote:Song to the Willie Wonka song, "I got a golden ticket!"?
When I scored mine last month that song stuck with me for weeks!

Hmm, never even thought of that (and I watched it yesterday, Gene Wilder is the best!). Mine is more along the lines of Captain Jack Sparrow and his jar of dirt. *laughing*

ArizonaGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArizonaGuy

This is my 7th overall, including the one last summer involving the unknown of waiting to see if my order # matched the closing digit of the DJIA.

I was surprised this time - for some reason Woot likes to reject my new preferred credit card. It's how I've missed the last 3 Bowl of Cereal's. This time after the rejection I was able to actually enter different card details and still strike oil. Couldn't believe it, figured I'd at best end up in the "You're on the waiting list" ether. This WootOff's Bowl of Cereal seemed to go slower than normal though.

Lurch316

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lurch316

Two baskets of carp in a row!!!! Wohoo!!!

jjeaton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjeaton

In for 3!!! Finally, this is my 3rd one after a year and a half of failure.

12/01/10 - Random Crap
09/22/10 - Random Crap
05/26/10 - Random Crap
7/12/09 - Woot-Off Lights x2
12/11/08 - Random Crap x1(3)
5/9/08 - Random Crap x3

alby71

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alby71
dseisler wrote:Usually in every Bowl of Cereal shipment someone will post pictures of how their box arrived. They also usually post the shipment weight, and the arrival weight too. Granted, the weight can vary slightly, however if you are expecting a 12 lb box and it arrives as a 4 lb box, and looks like someone can stick their hand in it, then someone probably did. Wherever they ship from, those people know too watch out for these "infamous" boxes because there is no packing slip in them.

That's messed up... hopefully I won't run into anything like that. 1st Bowl of Cereal and I'm hoping for 12lbs of 128mb Sansas

reholliday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reholliday

Been a Wooter for a year now and just got my first Book of Crap. Woot-off's are always stressful. Can't wait to see what I got.

Randy Holliday

blondesol88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blondesol88

I got a Bowl of Cereal. nanny nanny boo boo

MandaRe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MandaRe
SirTomster wrote:waaah! Woot lost my login so when it hit I got to the page and went to purchase and it hung up because it did not have my info.

waaah!

Waah!

First time I have been around and had a smidgen of a chance to get some crap.

waaah!

Always ALWAYS make sure you're logged in during a woot-off! DUH! ;)

shinyhat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinyhat

Yay! crap #6 for me. woot!

solidary121

quality posts: 7 Private Messages solidary121

LOL, this was definitely not a bad thing to have as my fortieth Woot! Hmm, what is supposed to be the etiquette for posting a comment on this board for your first crap? Should I mention that I'm an aspiring chef/IT professional/martial arts collector? Or is this like you're in the theater and have to ask for someone to break your leg - AKA "Don't send me Shun knives or machetes!"

Hmm, come to think of it, that's an idea for a good Woot-Off item for next time: Woot, can you put up something from Ka-Bar (like their Kukri) to go with all the SOG items that I seem to find myself purchasing every Woot-Off?

Meh, whatever! I'm just happy I finally got a good ol' Bowl of Cereal - can't wait to see what comes in it (even if it's a bunch of packing peanuts). :-D My roommate and co-workers are wondering what will come in.

Bryguy180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryguy180

Woo, second Book of Crap.

I don't even care if what I get is worth less than $8, I just want the most ridiculous random stuff.

Send me random pieces of trash and alphabet blocks and things, Woot - quantity, not quality~

...I mean, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be estatic about a laptop or something, but since I don't expect nice electronics, I'd much prefer super-crappy crap to 'meh' crap.

GuardianBob

quality posts: 11 Private Messages GuardianBob
SuperTully wrote:All right, so I went off on a rant last time about how I am going to "pass" on the next Bowl of Cereal because the $8 is better spent elsewhere, but I couldn't resist the challenge of trying to buy one yesterday (which is the most enjoyable part in my opinion) and I ended up scoring my 11th bag. I guess we'll see if Woot decides to give me garbage because I had a bat attitude last time (thus breaking the commandments).

Oh good, someone else has captured more than me. At least they can't punish me for hoarding too badly.

That said, I think shipping to work, with a suite number puts me out of the running for any letters/pallet. Looks too much like an apartment.

szuccon1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages szuccon1
GuardianBob wrote:Oh good, someone else has captured more than me. At least they can't punish me for hoarding too badly.

That said, I think shipping to work, with a suite number puts me out of the running for any letters/pallet. Looks too much like an apartment.

I would think and hope it is random. Sure people at my condo neighbors might not be happy about a pallet in the parking lot, but I would be thrilled. The more random, the better.

denela

quality posts: 2 Private Messages denela

I'm thrilled to get in on this yesterday....it was a nice bright spot in a rather meh week. It's been a little over two years since the last one - I can't wait to see what comes! Thank you, woot! *smooch*

BigRedDogATL

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BigRedDogATL

Well this Bag will be my Lucky Seventh Bag of Carp since becoming adicted to this site. And since the Bag should arrive sometime around the date of my 55th Anniversary of my birth, is it too much to ask the Woot Gods to consider me as a candidate to receive one of the glourious "letters". Imagine the look on my co-workers faces if a giant pallet load of carp shows up at the office with my name on it. I would promise to "Share The Wealth" and share the carp with my co-workers. So please Woot Gods, think about sending me the letter and don't force me to ask Fergy for an introduction. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

SuperTully

quality posts: 32 Private Messages SuperTully
szuccon1 wrote:I would think and hope it is random. Sure people at my condo neighbors might not be happy about a pallet in the parking lot, but I would be thrilled. The more random, the better.

Maybe Woot uses Google Street-viewer to look around and spot the "optimal" pallet shipping locations.

NJT - Woot!

Bryguy180

SuperTully wrote:Maybe Woot uses Google Street-viewer to look around and spot the "optimal" pallet shipping locations.

I hope not!
Last time I checked, my house wasn't on Street View yet.

Gabemax

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Gabemax
bscheele wrote:Interesting... It changed it to Book of Crap. Who knows what random things it will say in my reply to myself.

Bag of Crap <-typed with non-line-breaking spaces

Testing testing:

bag of crap

Wow, that actually works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-breaking_space

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-

Hey fellow Wooters!
Checking in here after obligatory 24hr cool down period (when the thread moves like crazy and nobody reads all posts anyway).

Happy to report scoring my anniversary 10th BоC! And the first one I managed to snap from my smartphone! Was outside with phone in hand when BоC popped up, so started the "want one process" while running upstairs like crazy - and also entered the order on a PC when got there, but in the end the order on smartphone was the one that went through, and PC order got denied (already bought one).

So welcome back to all the "regulars" and welcome aboard to newcomers! We're in for an(other) fun and exiting ride! And those who missed it this time - do not despair. There will be another BоC! Good luck to all on their hauls!

pnolte

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pnolte

My 5th Book of Crap but my first since Feb 09. The woot gods smiled on me yesterday

awtherfrd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awtherfrd
LEM- wrote:Hey fellow Wooters!
Checking in here after obligatory 24hr cool down period (when the thread moves like crazy and nobody reads all posts anyway).

Happy to report scoring my anniversary 10th BоC! And the first one I managed to snap from my smartphone! Was outside with phone in hand when BоC popped up, so started the "want one process" while running upstairs like crazy - and also entered the order on a PC when got there, but in the end the order on smartphone was the one that went through, and PC order got denied (already bought one).

So welcome back to all the "regulars" and welcome aboard to newcomers! We're in for an(other) fun and exiting ride! And those who missed it this time - do not despair. There will be another BоC! Good luck to all on their hauls!

What kind of phone were you using?

cheapola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheapola

This will be my 5th Book of Crap which includes Santa's Sack of Crap. Day was bad to begin with, but, ended on a good note. All in all, got the 2 items that I really wanted.

1x Book of Crap
1x Monkey

-Dave

LEM-

solidary121 wrote:LOL, this was definitely not a bad thing to have as my fortieth Woot! Hmm, what is supposed to be the etiquette for posting a comment on this board for your first crap? Should I mention that I'm an aspiring chef/IT professional/martial arts collector? Or is this like you're in the theater and have to ask for someone to break your leg - AKA "Don't send me Shun knives or machetes!"

Welcome aboard! My first BоC didn't come until after a few years of Wooting either, but today (or rather yesterday) I celebrate my 10th!

You are the one to choose what to post about yourself or your crаp experience, but it is always warmly welcome and encouraged to post the stаts of your box (weight, dimensions, etc) once it ships, and very welcome, and very encouraged to post the content, ideally with pictures (or even a video!) of what you've got, once the package makes it to your door!

You have the right attitude for the crаp experience - don't set your expectations anywhere beyond a bunch of utter junk, and then whatever comes your way will make you happy. And of course the whole experience and anticipation is always the bast part!

Good luck with your first!

LEM-

awtherfrd wrote:What kind of phone were you using?

Oops, should've mentioned it in the first place. It's my trusty G1 - the first Android phone to hit the US market. May be a bit outdated by today's standard, but the 2 year contract I signed to get it is still on until later this fall!

That said - for as long as it runs good enough to beat my PC at ordering the crаp - it's a keeper! ;/

Oh, and before someone asks - it was on a 3g network, not on Wi-Fi at the moment of truth.

Jauntee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Jauntee

Yea. And now the wait.....

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 35 Private Messages dernst_ca1

Ready and waiting

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Lynellia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynellia

How long does it take for you to get confirmation email? I only bought one item before and it was a regular woot. Yesterday, it said it would send the bill to my PayPal account but nothing there. Nothing here either. It did not get stuck on processing either. After I confirmed my payment info and billing address, I pressed go or whatever the button is and it went through with no problems. In the past, whenever I tried to get the Bowl of Cereal it never worked, this time I hope I get the much hailed brown bag everybody raves about. Please let me know if it takes a long time on the woot-off to get the confirmation. Thanks everybody.

SuperTully

Bryguy180 wrote:I hope not!
Last time I checked, my house wasn't on Street View yet.

Surely the street must be at least?

NJT - Woot!

LEM-

Lynellia wrote:How long does it take for you to get confirmation email? I only bought one item before and it was a regular woot. Yesterday, it said it would send the bill to my PayPal account but nothing there. Nothing here either. It did not get stuck on processing either. After I confirmed my payment info and billing address, I pressed go or whatever the button is and it went through with no problems. In the past, whenever I tried to get the Bowl of Cereal it never worked, this time I hope I get the much hailed brown bag everybody raves about. Please let me know if it takes a long time on the woot-off to get the confirmation. Thanks everybody.

Sorry to break the news, but you're out of luck... Your square (beside your name) is orange, and that means "1 woot", which you mentioned you bought before. The confirmation e-mail usually comes as soon as the payment is processed. It is generally better to buy with a Credit Card, but if you do use PayPal, make sure that you either have money in the account, or you have it set as instant transfer backed by a credit card. These are the only two ways PayPal will get accepted.

Now, even if all was correct, do keep in mind, that BоC is a big game of luck. Sometimes you do everything right, but get no prize. So don't give up! Remember the drill:

1. Be logged in
2. Remember your card CVV number or PayPal password by heart, or have it in the clipboard for quick CTRL+V
3. Be at the right place at the right time

SuperTully

Lynellia wrote:How long does it take for you to get confirmation email? I only bought one item before and it was a regular woot. Yesterday, it said it would send the bill to my PayPal account but nothing there. Nothing here either. It did not get stuck on processing either. After I confirmed my payment info and billing address, I pressed go or whatever the button is and it went through with no problems. In the past, whenever I tried to get the Bowl of Cereal it never worked, this time I hope I get the much hailed brown bag everybody raves about. Please let me know if it takes a long time on the woot-off to get the confirmation. Thanks everybody.

EDIT - Sorry, I didn't realize you were talking about the "purchase" confirmation at first, disregard my message below.

Expect to get an actual email next Wed, but your shipping info will probably be available via "track by reference" on FedEx's website around Tuesday next week.

NJT - Woot!

pnolte

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pnolte
Lynellia wrote:How long does it take for you to get confirmation email?

Look in your account. If it lists Random Crap with yesterdays date, then you got one. If it is not there, don't expect to be getting one. I have been to the point you were many times. I always check out my purchases on the account page to make sure I got what I ordered. That is how I knew I got my bag yesterday.

Lynellia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynellia

Thanks LEM-, SuperTully, pnolte, and Woot Service for all the info. Especially the info on how PayPal works here. I always use it on eBay or Amazon where they send the bill and I tell it to pay them by my credit card on account. I wanted the Bowl of Cereal so bad that I thought if I took the time to put all my credit card info in, it would be sold out, so I said bill PayPal which was already checked. Thanks again for the PayPal info. I will now have to read the Woot billing rules, etc. so I don't lose out again.

To my surprise, Woot service quickly emailed me with their answer. Thanks for the good customer service Woot. However, they cannot even find where I even attemped to purchase the item. But if what LEM- says is true about how PayPal works here, it would not have been accepted unless there is money in the account set for instant transfer.

Thanks again guys. It was the universe telling me that I valued "things" too much. And I still haven't learned the lesson because I am still really sad to know that I did not get that little brown bag of stuff.

dirkgently31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirkgently31
solidary121 wrote:LOL, this was definitely not a bad thing to have as my fortieth Woot! Hmm, what is supposed to be the etiquette for posting a comment on this board for your first crap? Should I mention that I'm an aspiring chef/IT professional/martial arts collector? Or is this like you're in the theater and have to ask for someone to break your leg - AKA "Don't send me Shun knives or machetes!"

Hmm, come to think of it, that's an idea for a good Woot-Off item for next time: Woot, can you put up something from Ka-Bar (like their Kukri) to go with all the SOG items that I seem to find myself purchasing every Woot-Off?

Meh, whatever! I'm just happy I finally got a good ol' Bowl of Cereal - can't wait to see what comes in it (even if it's a bunch of packing peanuts). :-D My roommate and co-workers are wondering what will come in.

Not sure about the etiquette, but I definitely also don't want a nice set of knives ;)

As is my custom, at this point I will also ask the woot gods for cords to accompany my sansas! lol. I am waiting to here back about an important job application and this will help ease the wait.

Bryguy180

SuperTully wrote:Surely the street must be at least?

Nope. My house is at an intersection, and street view has every single street surrounding my house/that intersect with the two streets I live on.
They just, for whatever reason, skipped over these two streets. Which I find really weird - I live in the greater Boston area, you'd think they'd have basically full coverage around here.

Too bad - Woot will never see the loading dock that's totally attached to my house, conveniently located for any large truck to drop off a pallet.

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian

I would gladly take a bag o' sansa's as I need a mp3 player. But, I will be happy with whatever crappy crap comes my way, I'm just super stoked to get my first Bowl of Cereal in about 3 years of being addicted to woot! Good luck to everyone!

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

jaymanmsu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jaymanmsu

I would like to remind all first-time Shiner BOCk drinkers -- and those who have not gotten one in a while -- to enter and update your info at bFusion's crap tracker at http://wootsack.bfusion.net/index.php

ChrisAndBrandi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ChrisAndBrandi

The little clock is still ticking and telling me that my order is processing... over 24 hours later, I'm starting to think that it is lying to me. LOL

(yeah, I know that my order got messed up somehow, I just haven't closed the tab yet.)

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp
LEM- wrote:Hey fellow Wooters!

...I read (or skimmed) them all. It just read one or two pages throughout the day during short breaks. Maybe I should be a moderator...

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

ThePirateSheep

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ThePirateSheep
szuccon1 wrote:I would think and hope it is random. Sure people at my condo neighbors might not be happy about a pallet in the parking lot, but I would be thrilled. The more random, the better.

I wouldnt worry about it too much i dont think. Girlfriend got a letter in our apartment during the fall semester, pallet showed up and everything, so I'm pretty sure its all random anyway