jsale325

quality posts: 19 Private Messages jsale325
Teripie wrote:Today has been one very strange Woot day!

Hey there Teripie! How goes it? Are you anticipatorily waiting the posting or updates of the pallet winners?

Don't let NightGhost convince you that you need an intervention, involving chocolate syrup. IT'S A TRAP!!!!
(3:24 PM, 7/7/2010) jsale325 will never catch up.

darianwiccan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages darianwiccan
wootAndTheWay wrote:I thought so too -- I haven't seen an actual $2 bill in years.

I do hope they respond soon, this is wearing me down. I feel.. nervous and jumpy. My stomach does flip flops every time I see or think about the money. Last night I dreamed that the FBI showed up at my door asking about the money that I had "stolen" from Woot.com. I tried to explain what had happened but they didn't believe me and said they had video of me stealing the money from the woot warehouse. This being a dream, I then had to go on this big adventure to prove my innocence. Silly dreams.

I'm intrigued... you must tell us more of this big adventure! lol

rkenimer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rkenimer
jsale325 wrote:Hey there Teripie! How goes it? Are you anticipatorily waiting the posting or updates of the pallet winners?

well I sure am!

Apparently it's fashionable to have a signature.

wootAndTheWay

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wootAndTheWay
darianwiccan wrote:I'm intrigued... you must tell us more of this big adventure! lol

It was a vivid dream -- but it's long & complicated. Are you sure you want to hear it?

Character is what you do when no one is looking.

darianwiccan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages darianwiccan

I noticed that the serial numbers for the 2 dollar bills were very similar:

I92837780A
I92837xxxx

Methinks Woot.com has started up ye olde printing press! rofl

Woody1150

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150
wootAndTheWay wrote:I thought so too -- I haven't seen an actual $2 bill in years.

I do hope they respond soon, this is wearing me down. I feel.. nervous and jumpy. My stomach does flip flops every time I see or think about the money. Last night I dreamed that the FBI showed up at my door asking about the money that I had "stolen" from Woot.com. I tried to explain what had happened but they didn't believe me and said they had video of me stealing the money from the woot warehouse. This being a dream, I then had to go on this big adventure to prove my innocence. Silly dreams.

The whole situation is very bizarre. I just can't see someone "accidentally" putting that amount of cash into a box to be shipped to a customer and if it were some co-worker trying to prank someone by sticking their money in a box, that's just plain sadistic.

It would also be super cool if it wasn't a mistake and this will just add to the mystery and glory of the Banger of Corn. Then people would be hoping for a letter or a pile of mula!

wootAndTheWay

darianwiccan wrote:I noticed that the serial numbers for the 2 dollar bills were very similar:

I92837780A
I92837xxxx

Methinks Woot.com has started up ye olde printing press! rofl

Oh! I hadn't noticed that, but you are correct!
The Serial #s are

I92837779A
I92837780A

The $20's are non-sequential, though.

greaseman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages greaseman
wootAndTheWay wrote:...
So I'm hereby officially calling it my Bag of Cash!

In for 3!!!

Bags o' Craptasticness:
-----------------------------
  • Brick of Carbonite 04/26/12
  • Brick of Carbonite 12/06/11
  • Brick of Carbonite 11/09/11
  • Brick of Carbonite 09/14/11
  • Brick of Carbonite 08/17/11
  • Random Crap 06/24/10
  • Random Crap 05/26/10
  • Random Crap 03/26/10

crowsnest

quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest
wootAndTheWay wrote:It would be super funny if send you a box of monopoly money. ;)

Omelets made great i have a feeling im getting monopoly money in the mail sometime soon!!!!!

@crowsnest531

Teripie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Teripie

I'm starting to think the bag of cash is not intentional. If it truly were from Woot, I think they would have responded to the letter of inquiry already. Something along the lines of, "Congratulations! You're our jackpot winner!" Or something like that.

“Anything is a great deal at some price,” Some Rutledge Guy.

wootAndTheWay

Okay, I heard back from WOOT customer service. It was short and curt, to wit:

Woot does not/would not send out cash in a Bowl of Cereal.
Evan

Ooookay... I'm not sure they read the whole email -- you know, the part where I tell them it likely an accident and belongs to someone who works there.

Well. I'm going to hold on to it and not spend it for 30 days, just in case it turns out it really DOES belong to someone there. After that, it's REALLY mine.

Edit to add: I'm guessing they think I am full of Crap -- but I'm not. I bet if they listened to me and actually ASKED around, they'd find that this DOES belong to someone.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 117 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

wootAndTheWay wrote:

Do you really have a case number? Because I do not see that you have written in. I have been informed that the money is not from us as we have not sent that out and would have no reason to have "accidentally" put that in a Bowl of Cereal. I will be in contact with our Bowl of Cereal guy and will email your three addresses we have on file unless you contact me with a different address via PM or service@woot.com at my attention.

Woody1150

wootAndTheWay wrote:
Edit to add: I'm guessing they think I am full of Crap -- but I'm not. I bet if they listened to me and actually ASKED around, they'd find that this DOES belong to someone.

Maybe Woot didn't put it in there. Maybe someone at FedEx or the USPS did. Maybe someone was trying to hide their stash and didn't get it back before your box left.

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
wootAndTheWay wrote:Okay, I heard back from WOOT customer service. It was short and curt, to wit:

Ooookay... I'm not sure they read the whole email -- you know, the part where I tell them it likely an accident and belongs to someone who works there.

Well. I'm going to hold on to it and not spend it for 30 days, just in case it turns out it really DOES belong to someone there. After that, it's REALLY mine.

That's an odd response. I would agree with you that woot does not believe you.

Nice hoax if this was your idea. I'm not saying I don't believe you.

Nothing follows.

wootAndTheWay

agingdragqueen wrote:Do you really have a case number? Because I do not see that you have written in. I have been informed that the money is not from us as we have not sent that out and would have no reason to have "accidentally" put that in a Bowl of Cereal. I will be in contact with our Bowl of Cereal guy and will email your three addresses we have on file unless you contact me with a different address via PM or service@woot.com at my attention.

Case # W-601225-7F5S

HoytClagwell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HoytClagwell

My 3.9 pound bushel of crabapples contained the following items:

1 x PotC accessory case
2 x HSM alarm clocks
1 x flying screaming monkey w/ blue camo cape

Thanks Woot!

crowsnest

rkenimer wrote:Is this more tampering? crowsnest APOLOGIZING??

*gasp*

yes i was apologizing (damn it)

And i meant it!

@crowsnest531

Woody1150

rkenimer

crowsnest wrote:yes i was apologizing (damn it)

And i meant it!

Good, good. *snicker* There has been much editing lately, so it becomes kind of hard to tell. *snort*

crowsnest

Woody1150 wrote:The plot thickens...

Man i still have not been able to get out of here to get by bag of CASH but i am about to just freaking leave here pretty soon! Thanks for sticking around and still willing to rate my crap!

@crowsnest531

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

the mail man is outside..... counting down the seconds till he goes back to the truck to get the box.....

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

crowsnest

rkenimer wrote:Good, good. *snicker* There has been much editing lately, so it becomes kind of hard to tell. *snort*

I think they gave me valium!!!!

@crowsnest531

rkenimer

Dman27 wrote:the mail man is outside..... counting down the seconds till he goes back to the truck to get the box.....

Savor the anticipation!

Woody1150

The anticipation to see if agingdragqueen can verify if the Bag of Cash is legit or not is overwhelming!

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27
rkenimer wrote:Savor the anticipation!

i know! hes walking around the block delivering every1 else's mail! i wanna scream out the front door, "There's A WOOT BOX ON THAT TRUCK DELIVER IT FIRST!" haha

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

taternuggets

crowsnest wrote:yes i was apologizing (damn it)

And i meant it!

He's following my lead.

Getting in trouble all the time blows.

Nothing follows.

jsale325

taternuggets wrote:Hey Jsale325... check my sig, and No, I didn't put that there. lol.

And on that note wooters, don't ever trust my sig to contain only "tater" messages...

lmao!

Thanks for the heads up tater, you know I noticed a modified sig the other day too.....But, you know I put in the (and forever counting) part so I would only have to update it once a day. Which, I did earlier today, and then cursed NightGhost got another stinking bacon rasher in the middle of the morning!!! I am never going to come anywhere close to this guy!

But, hopefully this appeases Thunder, and it will reflect well for me with the woot! gods.

Don't let NightGhost convince you that you need an intervention, involving chocolate syrup. IT'S A TRAP!!!!

cooley945

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cooley945

so my bowl just showed up

27x bag of air.
1x black lunch box
1x gold digger bobble head
1x autolite
1x diamond tv wounder 200 pci

this does not seem good to me. what does woot think

agingdragqueen

Staff

wootAndTheWay wrote:Case # W-601225-7F5S

Ok, looked into it and have been told that our guy has said our response is the only comment we want to make on the subject, i.e.: we do not send out money at all and this is not from us. No one in the warehouse/anywhere is missing any cash and we have no idea why there would be money in your Bowl of Cereal if indeed there was as we did not put it there.

rkenimer

Dman27 wrote:i know! hes walking around the block delivering every1 else's mail! i wanna scream out the front door, "There's A WOOT BOX ON THAT TRUCK DELIVER IT FIRST!" haha

BREAKING NEWS (AP):
Federal post office worker attacked by crazed W00t!er Dman27!

taternuggets

agingdragqueen wrote:Ok, looked into it and have been told that our guy has said our response is the only comment we want to make on the subject, i.e.: we do not send out money at all and this is not from us. No one in the warehouse/anywhere is missing any cash and we have no idea why there would be money in your Bowl of Cereal if indeed there was as we did not put it there.

I get the feeling that this is the response we'd get upon receiving anthrax also.

Nothing follows.

jsale325

agingdragqueen wrote:Ok, looked into it and have been told that our guy has said our response is the only comment we want to make on the subject, i.e.: we do not send out money at all and this is not from us. No one in the warehouse/anywhere is missing any cash and we have no idea why there would be money in your Bowl of Cereal if indeed there was as we did not put it there.

So, now my question would be -- where in the location of the box was the envelope? Was it in the middle of things, or along an edge? Was there any possible way it could have been placed in there by another source on its long journey to you? (Maybe at its vacation home in New Berlin?)

Woody1150

Very, very interesting. So, now do we shun wootAndTheWay for trying to dupe us or believe that "someone" along the journey of the box "some how" got that money in there?

rkenimer

cooley945 wrote:so my bowl just showed up

27x bag of air.
1x black lunch box
1x gold digger bobble head
1x autolite
1x diamond tv wounder 200 pci

this does not seem good to me. what does woot think

Love the crap you get! Others would kill for that box!

rkenimer

Woody1150 wrote:Very, very interesting. So, now do we shun wootAndTheWay for trying to dupe us or believe that "someone" along the journey of the box "some how" got that money in there?

There was mention of identifying information on the envelope...

agingdragqueen

Staff

taternuggets wrote:I get the feeling that this is the response we'd get upon receiving anthrax also.

Yes, but I would mean to put it in yours, Tates' and would say that openly.

Woody1150

rkenimer wrote:There was mention of identifying information on the envelope...

True. Now that we know it's not from Woot, they should just spill the beans of what was on the envelope.

rkenimer

Well he could have just said that in so many words, instead of making you say it for him... Overlords!

sheetz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheetz

I'm starting to wonder if the mysterious envelope of cash is in any way related to a certain entry that was found on two of the phones.

taternuggets

agingdragqueen wrote:Yes, but I would mean to put it in yours, Tates' and would say that openly.

Fair enough.

Nothing follows.