crowsnest

quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest
NightGhost wrote:When i was a kid, I wanted to be an Oscar Meyer Wiener. I thought "maybe when I die, I'll come back as one."

My wish came half true - just not the Oscar Meyer part. Now I'm hoping to come back as a Woot monkey.

Man you aint right!!!

But in other news tater is half way there!

@crowsnest531

wager

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wager
taternuggets wrote:So my square changes colors.

This is the greatest Woot! post I've ever read.

eckerput

quality posts: 10 Private Messages eckerput

I got my 8.3 lbs of wooty goodness!!!!

- Black lunch bag
- Aquaman paper weight
- Autolight
- Cordless Shark Vacuum

I'm charging the vacuum, but I suspect something is amiss as there are no lights indicating it's charging. It should be fun to figure out what is broken.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

NightGhost wrote:At least it wasn't a cow. They can get REALLY mad.

Cows With Guns

Loved it! Shared with a few friends.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

asciiforever

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asciiforever
kallawm wrote:Dibs on your negative holder!!!!!!

I can't tell if you're joking. It seems like the most random of random craps ever. I couldn't even tell what it was. A coworker filled me in, but I still don't know what sort of negatives it is meant to hold - all I can say for certain is that it is NOT for 35mm negatives.

MBrulla wrote:There are tons of forums for Sansas, and many of the issues that people have had with their baggie Sansas have been fixable.

What's wrong with it?

Nice haul! Anything good on the Nano?

Yeah, the keyboard cat tune. Seriously.

And as for the Sansa, the display is broken. I haven't tried playing anything from it (can't see the display...) but it can connect to a computer successfully.

kallawm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kallawm
asciiforever wrote:I can't tell if you're joking. It seems like the most random of random craps ever. I couldn't even tell what it was. A coworker filled me in, but I still don't know what sort of negatives it is meant to hold - all I can say for certain is that it is NOT for 35mm negatives.

I'm serious. Sounds like you got the negative holder that is missing from my negative and slide converter.

Tis better to score than be scored.

kreegah

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kreegah

Now, with evidence! Or is it crapidence?

Note the fine post-modded Omnitech bits. Woot DOES put useful information in the body of their product descriptions...Who knew? From now on I'll have to read 'em, instead of just clicking "I WANT ONE!" immediately and winding up chased by creditors...

darkinc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages darkinc

Ok whats the status on the 2 or 3 letters and the mystery money?

Status update pls~

batkooy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages batkooy

Even though mine weighed in at 2-3 pounds more than everyone else who got this same stuff, at 8 lbs I got:

three calendars
two hs musical clocks
one pirate camera case
one screaming monkey

At least I can say I got a Bowl of Cereal now right?

kreegah

batkooy wrote:Even though mine weighed in at 2-3 pounds more than everyone else who got this same stuff, at 8 lbs I got:

three calendars
two hs musical clocks
one pirate camera case
one screaming monkey

At least I can say I got a Bowl of Cereal now right?

That's the spirit! Welcome to the club! One more and I get to learn the secret handshake!

mjorgensen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mjorgensen

Typical 5.5 lb Book of Crap:

2 High School Musical Alarm Clocks
2 "Would you Rather" 2010 Desk Calendars
1 Pirates of the Caribbean Accessory Case
1 Screaming Monkey w/ blue camo cape

Kitty pimp slapping monkey for not bringing cash:

gavakie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gavakie

I finally got mine a pirates case (already open)
2 high school musical clocks
And 3 desktop calendars

Am I missing a crap?

FREAKING WOOT!

kayboss

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kayboss
darkinc wrote:Ok whats the status on the 2 or 3 letters and the mystery money?

Status update pls~

Well my husband (mfeat50) has not heard an update from TPW yet...but he had asked TPW about it, and he replied with it should be shipped by Friday, and he would send shipping information when he had it available.

So once we know some more details about it we will post it...I bet it will take a while to get here, we are in Charlotte, NC!

@CrystalFeathers

rkenimer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rkenimer
kayboss wrote:Well my husband (mfeat50) has not heard an update from TPW yet...but he had asked TPW about it, and he replied with it should be shipped by Friday, and he would send shipping information when he had it available.

So once we know some more details about it we will post it...I bet it will take a while to get here, we are in Charlotte, NC!

Oh noes... so we might not hear about it before the next Bowl of Cereal thread comes up and drowns out all recollection of it. Shame. Oh well, watching 2 threads isn't THAT difficult.

Apparently it's fashionable to have a signature.

rkenimer

gavakie wrote:I finally got mine a pirates case (already open)
And 3 desktop calendars

Am I missing a crap?

No, you have 5 items. You at least got some Texas Air, no? 'Cause you need a bag to go with your crap.

solaris227

quality posts: 0 Private Messages solaris227

Here's what I got in my Bowl of Cereal:
1 x Disney DS21009 My+Style Accessory Case (Pirates of the Caribbean) [New, unopened]

1 x Sylvania SYL-252BK Super Flex Hanger Style Extreme Sports Earphones (Black) [New, unopened]

1 x Energizer LODNLTT Led Eveready Tabletop Nightlight [New, unopened]

1 x Energizer E92BP-4 AAA Batteries (4-Pack) [New, unopened]

1 x Nextar Q4-MD 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with 1-Year MSN Direct Service Included [Opened, used, complete, confirmed working]

Overall a very nice haul, though this stuff isn't particularly useful to me. If anyone got working units of any of the following, maybe we can trade.
* Heart Rate Monitor
* Digital Photo Converter
* Kitchen Scale
* Radar Detector
* Wi-Fi Hotspit

I actually have a lot of stuff accumulated from previous BoCs to trade as well, and I listed them all at joe43wv's site

AvianOrnithosis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AvianOrnithosis

OK so my 3.7pounder arrived two days late which is actually normal because they always spend three day at mt local PO.

1 Black non stinky six pack cooler
1 500 piece jigsaw PEZzle
1 Space glo light
1 opened and taped back shut Altec Lansing gaming headset that my daughter is gonna freak over since.

The light is awesome and the PEZzle will be assembled and framed. Wonderful Bandoleer of Carrots in my mind come to think of it one of the best I have had.

On a side note/pic I have to show off my monkey collection. Still have a pile to find places for but come Christmas the tree will be full of them all

$715.00 in shipping and counting just gave up on updating the number.

paintbing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paintbing

I know I already posted what I received, but I thought I'd post pictures now.

Pictures and experience are located here:
http://bradleyandkatherine.blogspot.com/2010/07/bag-o-crap.html

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

taternuggets wrote:Oye. These are not bags of crap... those get opened before I make it in the house.

This is just other random crap.

My last attempt at the pic.

Looks like lots of monkeys and something else.
Why aren't you letting your monkeys out of the box?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
dontwantaname wrote:Looks like lots of monkeys and something else.
Why aren't you letting your monkeys out of the box?

These are my back-up monkeys.

Nothing follows.

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27
taternuggets wrote:These are my back-up monkeys.

incase the other ones go BANANAS!

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
Dman27 wrote:incase the other ones go BANANAS!

lol

Nothing follows.

travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02
kayboss wrote:Well my husband (mfeat50) has not heard an update from TPW yet...but he had asked TPW about it, and he replied with it should be shipped by Friday, and he would send shipping information when he had it available.

Same here... once I know what's going on I'll let you guys know. I'm in KS so hopefully it won't take long!

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

gavakie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gavakie
rkenimer wrote:No, you have 5 items. You at least got some Texas Air, no? 'Cause you need a bag to go with your crap.

No bag

FREAKING WOOT!

wager

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wager
gavakie wrote:No bag

The bags most people are getting this time around are the Pirates of the Caribbean Accessory Case or the smelly-or-not collapsible lunch box/six pack cooler.

You got the PoC accessory pack and five craps. Congratulations on your crap.

brightline

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brightline

Got my crap last weekend. First one after two + years of trying.

Contents

1 - black lunch box

1 - baby toy with the bendy wires on a wood base that has wooden blocks that slide around. Don't know the official name for it

1 - Blue Camelbak Geary Backpack

The backpack is pretty damn sweet and has a million pockets on it.

I'm a little scared to give the toy to my 5 month old because it's a no-name brand from China and I'm a little worried about lead paint and he's at that point where his hand lives in his mouth.

Still a sweet haul for my first bassinet of cats.

rkenimer

wager wrote:The bags most people are getting this time around are the Pirates of the Caribbean Accessory Case or the smelly-or-not collapsible lunch box/six pack cooler.

You got the PoC accessory pack and five craps. Congratulations on your crap.

Oy I missed the PoC bag, [feeling blind today], so you have a complete Bowl of Cereal. Congrats!

agibson95

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agibson95

A couple weeks ago I was lucky enough to win a Book of Crap. While my life has been a struggle these past couple years, I thought this might be the key to turning things around. Just maybe my luck was changing.

I started dreaming about the things that might be in my box. 4GB MP3 players, roomba's, flying monkeys.... Everything sounded so wonderful. I even dared to dream that I might get a video game or TV or some other item that I may or may not need.

After a couple of days I received an email from the trusty Woot-gallivanting alpaca that told me my item shipped. I was so excited, I took my family out for Pizza. We discussed the amazing things I might receive. My son wanted Toy Story items, my wife wanted a top cat electric bunny (whatever that is) and I just wanted something cool I could tell my co-workers about. But above everything we knew our luck was changing. 3 crappy items (as stated below on the site) were coming our way!

Random Crap [Crappy] - $3.00 + $5 shipping

3 * Random Crap

The original date I thought it might be delivered fell on the 4th of July holiday. This meant I had to wait longer to get my 3 crappy items, but that was OK. We spent time with family, eating hot dogs and shooting off fireworks. Our lives were about to be complete now that our luck was changing.

I thought I might get my 3 crappy items on Tuesday, because FedEx told me my package was at the local post office. I live in a small town in Nebraska and our postal service isnt the greatest, so I had to wait an extra day before Gloria was able to find the slot that had my name attached to it. Gloria is in her 90's so I try not to chide her too much, however I was disappointed I had to wait an extra day.

Well yesterday at work I was notified that my package arrived at my house. My wife signed for it and I left early from work to race home and open it. I should have taken the entire day off, but we had another guy call in so I was unable to.

Anyway, when I got home we gathered the family (My wife Beth, 7 year old son Xander and my two dogs Obi and Gillian) in the living room. We did our normal woot prayer and thanked the woot gods for sending us this amazing treasure. We promised to be thankful for the 3 items we received and not complain.

I let my son cut open the box with our ceremonial box opener as we huddled around him to peek inside. As he opened the box we start a bright yellow stuffled something. We got our hopes up that it was a princess pillow of some sort, however when he pulled it out we realized it was a spongebob squarepants stuffed toy. This would have been a good thing, however when we went to retrieve our other 2 (or more ) crappy items we realized there was nothing left in the box. It was empty! (Just like our hearts and hope at that point).

I contacted Woot and DK responded. DK is a woot god that makes dreams come true. DK informed me that another Bowl of Cereal will be sent my way. My family is so excited to start the Woot process over.

I will report back with the wondeful things I receive.

whirly22

quality posts: 18 Private Messages whirly22

Very nice

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007

If anyone has a working ATI PCI or PCIe TV tuner they are wanting to get rid of, feel free to PM me. We may be able to work something out .

sheina2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheina2

Ok my first Book of Crap and I was still happy and worth the excitement. my nephew loved it all

6.4 lbs 12'8 cubed (seemed to be lighter and more rectangular)
1 Giant snoopy pez sings "Take me out the Ball Game"
1 wireless router
2 toy motorcycles
2 little hong kong kid games
2 bags of cars
1 butterfly diy kit
1 lunch bag
1 desk calender

markpsw

quality posts: 3 Private Messages markpsw

After 3 years without a Bowl of Cereal this is my second one in a row. This one was a nice. It made up for the crapiness of the previews one ;-)

1 cardpoint wireless hotspot (missing the battery.:-/ )

1 complete Uniden wireless phone 2 Handsets

1 working 250gb IDE hard drive

1 Standard Black lunch bag.

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
gavakie wrote:I finally got mine a pirates case (already open)
And 3 desktop calendars

Am I missing a crap?

nope, i received the exact same and we techically received 6 craps

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

kreegah

sheina2 wrote:Ok my first Book of Crap and I was still happy and worth the excitement. my nephew loved it all

6.4 lbs 12'8 cubed (seemed to be lighter and more rectangular)

A 12 foot cube? That's ginormous! Or is that egantic?

mfeat50

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mfeat50
MBrulla wrote:

Letter winners...your stuff ships today!

I sure hope so!! I will update when I hear something

Woody1150

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Woody1150
wootAndTheWay wrote:Someone asked about defective Monkeys - Well, this one started going off every couple minutes for no reason. It wasn't being moved or anything. I tried to do surgery to take the battery out, but I didn't have a screwdriver that small. I couldn't take it anymore so I umm... ended up having to take a hammer to it a little while ago.

Sad Woot Monkey:

[Taps]

Woody1150

After seeing all those boxes from Tater. I wonder, does he need to be on that show, Hoarders: Buried Alive?

rkenimer

Woody1150 wrote:After seeing all those boxes from Tater. I wonder, does he need to be on that show, Hoarders: Buried Alive?

Well at least its not BOCs. He had us going there for a while. Dang you Tater!

jsale325

quality posts: 19 Private Messages jsale325
rkenimer wrote:Well at least its not BOCs. He had us going there for a while. Dang you Tater!

I never assumed it was BOCs, I think any of us would know better than that, I don't think that was really inferred either. I am however very sad that it is boxes full of monkeys, when I so covet thy neighbors monkeys, I WANT MORE!!!

Tater, will you marry me in California, so I can take half your property in a quickie divorce?

(all jokes people, all jokes)

Don't let NightGhost convince you that you need an intervention, involving chocolate syrup. IT'S A TRAP!!!!
(3:24 PM, 7/7/2010) jsale325 will never catch up.

Woody1150

jsale325 wrote:I never assumed it was BOCs, I think any of us would know better than that, I don't think that was really inferred either. I am however very sad that it is boxes full of monkeys, when I so covet thy neighbors monkeys, I WANT MORE!!!

Tater, will you marry me in California, so I can take half your property in a quickie divorce?

(all jokes people, all jokes)

Never under estimate the power of the monkeys.