+ Add a Comment

AVHarris

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AVHarris

So... first congrats. Second..umm will tonight's woot be a Kindle? I hope ;)

Bodhammer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bodhammer

[quote postid="4015309"

Thoughts... I've been a member since 2005, when you guys were just little babies (with lots of dirty diapers), watched you go through your childhood of Woot-Offs that really crashed the servers, saw you grow your first spin-off (Wine.Woot), then enter your young adulthood, with some questionable hookups (Snapster) and begin spawning kids.woot & sellout.woot. Now, you've gone and got married! **sniff** my little woot! is all grown up!
[/quote]

You forgot the part about the rash and the STD and then that one morning they woke up with the underwear on backwards and the funny taste in the mouth...

petepete16

quality posts: 1 Private Messages petepete16

That's truckin awesome!!!!!

harder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harder

That is awesome, congratulations!

telecommatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages telecommatt

You guys rock! And that's easily the funniest Youtube ever!!

merlin863

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merlin863

Congratulations ! Amazon appears to be one of the best run companies in the industry.
The fact that they like you is a mystery to me, but perhaps we will all benefit.
But seriously - Good Job !

ted

SampsonXena

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SampsonXena

t'was meant to be! congrats

paradise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paradise

I give Woot about a 2% chance of not changing in some significant way due to this sellout and about a 20% chance of not changing so much as to make me lose interest.

Oh well, I suppose Woot is going to get Amazon sending customers their way in return.

Good luck staying good, Woot...the problem is, with Amazon's resources, you don't have to stay good anymore.

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-
ThunderThighs wrote:LOL. Nice work there.

Thanks for noticing

Took me a bit of time to make this one....

I thought it would go into the oblivion with a barrage of posts after the e-mail newsletter went out...

wiztom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wiztom

Wow this is like the worst thing ever. Woot has a successfull marketing gimmick, gets wildly popular, sells out to the man for mega millions and then becomes like E-bay, with a Corporate mentality and uncaring about their customers.
I foresee the end of Woot as we know it.
Sad Day for us but hey great news for the owners of Woot.

jdcman

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jdcman

I'm a big cynic, but I hope I'm wrong and Amazon lets Woot stay fully autonomous.

Yes, I read that they'll be an "independent subsidiary", the parent can still exert a lot of control.

sandinez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandinez

Does this mean that woot has finally really sold out to the man?
boohoo!

Panikfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Panikfan

Weak.woot

hmhatcheriv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmhatcheriv

Woo000oot, congrats! You guys deserve to be made rich(er, massively).

Just make sure you keep it all in the Officer's Club! The peons doing the grunt work don't deserve any bonus, they work for you for the pure love of being a Wooter and would probably just reject the offer anyway, so don't sully the waters of early retirement by offering!

Here's hoping you can finally afford to Woot off some terrible-likeness Twilight quilts hand-made in Slovenia - Amazon really reaches out to the small retailer after all.

Cheers!

~Teutonic Mnemonic

Chaosdreamer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chaosdreamer
BigD wrote:Didn't you see Amazon yesterday? They've started using our servers. :-)

::sigh:: It figures! Now the servers will crash twice (at least) as fast when the Book of Crap comes up! Congrats anyway!

justafreak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak

Congratulations? I guess. So does this mean my Amazon Prime membership will give me free shipping from woot now too?

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

kenchansama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenchansama

Does this mean you'll start shipping to Hawaii and Alaska?

Kat63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kat63

All good things end with corporate buy out!!

burt2481

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burt2481

Does that mean you will sell less junk, less picture frames. less MP3 players, less vacuums?

h3r3andgon3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages h3r3andgon3

Congrats!

arrival

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arrival

"Hsieh posted a series of questions and answers on the Zappos blog. One was, will Zappos employees get an Amazon discount?

"No, because we are planning on continuing to run Zappos as a separate company with our own culture and core values," Hsieh wrote. "And we're not going to be giving the Zappos discount to Amazon employees either, unless they bake us cookies and deliver them in person.""

So Amazon got around the "separate company" deal by starting endless.com. I suspect amazon will get around the woot "separate" idea by starting whatajokeonwootcustomers.com

shamcy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages shamcy

Very disappointed. Nothing good usually comes out of Amazon. What a shame, something as good as woot will slowly be transformed into a green colored amazon.
But again, I personally am anti-corporate. I like the "small guy" no matter how big he gets.
Once you go public, it's all about wall street and the share price. They will throw everyone under the bus to inch the stock price up a couple of points.

physicns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages physicns

Have to say, congrats! You guys been good and true to yourself and your mission.

Now I gotta wonder... does this mean free 2-day shipping for Amazon prime customers? :-D

andy77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages andy77

Well, congratulations, but I hope the small-town qualities of WOOT remain. (I'm an official old f**t with a Medicare card (the best insurance) to prove it!)

blnadri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blnadri

Well, this proves the pudding, I'd say; Amazon's model is shifting strongly away from books and into digital middleman and most likely, services in the future. All that's missing is auctions. Hrm. This will be interesting.

Congratulations Woot! and best wishes!

jeffguay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffguay

This might be in one of the other posts but if woot will now start charging me sales tax like Amazon does then that's the biggest Book of Crap ever.

lauriebananahammock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lauriebananahammock

so.. is that the deal that broke Amazon yesterday?

wolfsmane

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolfsmane

The death bell of W00t just tolled!!

R.I.P. once great woot!!!

We shall miss thee !!!

iwannabeawoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iwannabeawoot

Ok people, part of me wants to congratulate you, and part of me feels like you sold out to the man.
I mean I'm excited for you, I really am. However, I fear that the next thing you know, "Corporate" will be laying down policy and infrastructure that you guys are not only are not used too, but have run from all these many years.
You are unique, that's what makes me come back time after time, day after day. Not JUST to see what on, but to see what else these crazy outcasts have written today.
You're like grassroots, that's why I come here.
That's not to say it won't continue, I certainly hope it does and you can teach those Highheads at Amazon a thing or two about not just marketing, but making it real.
Best of luck to you all in the future. I'm gonna be keeping my eye on you. My left eye anyway.
Best Regards,
Iwannabeawoot

mangamonster

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mangamonster

From Texas here.

Ugh...I buy from Amazon a few times a month because of the awesome shipping and no taxes! Is the no taxes greatness GONE!!???????

Gamrz Podcast Show

shamcy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages shamcy
iwannabeawoot wrote:Ok people, part of me wants to congratulate you, and part of me feels like you sold out to the man.
I mean I'm excited for you, I really am. However, I fear that the next thing you know, "Corporate" will be laying down policy and infrastructure that you guys are not only are not used too, but have run from all these many years.
You are unique, that's what makes me come back time after time, day after day. Not JUST to see what on, but to see what else these crazy outcasts have written today.
You're like grassroots, that's why I come here.
That's not to say it won't continue, I certainly hope it does and you can teach those Highheads at Amazon a thing or two about not just marketing, but making it real.
Best of luck to you all in the future. I'm gonna be keeping my eye on you. My left eye anyway.
Best Regards,
Iwannabeawoot

I work in corporate America. I have worked for start ups that were acquired by a corporation and I worked for fortune 100 corporations too.
When the small guy gets bought out, it'd great news for any employee in the small guy that has stock options. Once that euphoria blows over, the real pain starts to surface.
This is great for woot management. This is NOT good for the woot grunts, and down the road, this is not good for us, the wooters.
Mark my words.

Wakeen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wakeen

"Way to sell out, you lucky, magnificent, wonderful SOBs."

I second this.

jaburg

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jaburg

I for one welcome our new Super Saver Overlords.

I surely hope that Prime Woot memberships will be offered soon and seriously, shipping can only get better!

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl

OK, so I buy liquidation lots and closeouts from Amazon and re-sell the stuff on Ebay. Does this mean you guys are pushing me out of business, and will now include some of that stuff in the bags or crap?

More importantly, will you utilize amazons servers during woot-offs when the bags appear?

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

Kezzek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kezzek

I'm happy for Woot! This should be a great thing for both parties.

I confess, the first thing that came to mind was "Maybe this'll improve Woot's shipping." :embarrassed:

Just teasin', Woot.

bubbawheat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubbawheat

Will Woot still supply to buy.com?
It's always been nice to find items over on buy.com if missed on Woot (though better woot deal prices not to be missed)

theprincess99998

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theprincess99998

Since Amazon is mt SECOND favorite shopping site, I think I like the idea---as long as I can still get my monkeys!!!!! Congratulations!

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

Is this a bad time to bring up the missing Photochop Contest Results?

Congrats Woot !!!

Signature censored by Woot

KIBullhorn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIBullhorn

Oh! oh! Oh! This makes me so insanely happy that I can barely think straight! My favorite website has acquired my second favorite website.... glorious day! But the big question is, will I earn triple points for my Woot purchases on my Amazon Chase credit card??? Ooohh please say yes!!