jeromy113

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeromy113

Late to the game but Congrats Woot.

JL

robio

quality posts: 42 Private Messages robio

Oh oh...Woot, don't strap on those skis Bezos sent you.

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj

I've been waiting for years, yes YEARS, for w00t to go public with an IPO so I could get in on the ground floor. I am sadly disappointed. I have a few other things I'd like to say, but ladies don't say things like that in public.

I will comment that I'll bet it doesn't take long for Amazon to mess everything up permanently.

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

ottoburgess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ottoburgess

wow. i don't know what to think. amazon taking over the world. yes, you will do all you can to remain that same, but there will be some impact from this. i hope it goes well.

ShellMel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ShellMel

WOW WOOT!!! All those times I have asked for a job ..... never mind! Well ... of course ... if the business warrants needing more! LOL I'm still just 20 minutes away.

Uhoh ... my friends & family are gonna faint when they find out I'm speechless for a change! :-O

I have 100% enjoyed our relationship over the years! Hope nothing REALLY changes! Well ... 'cept for the monkey. That could have been left a secret! LOL

Best of luck guys!! Texas WOOT rocks FOREVER!!!!

To the man who introduced me to Woot ... R.I.P. Gary Brown! Love You!!

xstek99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xstek99

My company, XSTechnology, is also ripe for acquisition by Amazon (or Apple, or just about Anybody)...I didn't know a Hyundai full of 20's might be on the table until I read about y'all.

galaad2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages galaad2

does this acquisition mean that you will finally accept international orders now? (possibly dispatched via amazon's shipping?)

i would love finally being able to buy some things and a Bowl of Cereal or two :p

mikefromamsterdam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikefromamsterdam

Hey, can I have one of those six amazon muffins? ...or just crumbs left in the break room?

florida7873

quality posts: 0 Private Messages florida7873

WAY TO SELL OUT GUYS !!! CONGATS !!

joseph dittmar

jonianne29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonianne29

Wow - congratulations!!! I love amazon and I love Woot. Sounds like a great idea!

ADeC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ADeC

Well, that's nice you're making massive money. But I won't buy from Amazon which basically wields a spiked club, bullies its vendors, doesn't collect state sales tax & threatens lawsuits against states that attempt to fix the problem (oh wait, neither did you--but their bottom line contribution is huge). They're not a company I can support. Good luck, welcome to the sell-out world of "I thought nothing would change" but it does. I'll close my membership with you now.

JeffCinNC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JeffCinNC

Congratulations to Woot! But what's good for Woot will ultimately be bad for the rest of us. Will probably go the way that most go once eaten up by the bigger conglomerates. For a while, all will appear normal...but in a few months or years, Woot will probably be nothing at all like the great website it is today!

kingoftoys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingoftoys

yet another sad day for the average american / shopper,,,,

John Thompson

Libby1428

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Libby1428

Twenty two and a half points your way Woot. So long as the 800 pound gorilla doesn't take over the play pin it's all kosher my way. Woot!

parker2003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parker2003

Been with Woot since the beginning or so it seems like it....Glad you got Big $$$$ but will be sad to see any changes. I doubt you can go on Amazon and by Random Crap or the Screaming Monkey. Stay the same and Congrats!

Maximilious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Maximilious

Amazon is horrible, please don't do it. If there's cash in the deal then I can understand, but try going with newegg or pricegrabber before amazon.

Their checkout page is convoluted and hard to follow, they always try to get you to buy "more items" of similar brand.

I use them for my company as a last resort, can not find the item I need in any other place other than Amazon.

The only way you should go with them is if you tell their web designers to get off their lazy asses and make sure the website isn't such a damn mess when you're browsing on it.

wnysteel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wnysteel

i love amazon....and i love woot, but for completely different reasons. please woot, don't go all corporate on us. your culture and indifference is what makes you.

EZRider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EZRider

Goodbye Woot - Don't (won't) do business with Amazon or ANY of its subsidiaries... Their political agenda is an abomination!

Enjoy!

portnoyd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages portnoyd

Can I use my Amazon store card with woot now? >.>

phillythekid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phillythekid

Congratulations to the 'owner' of Woot that just made a wootle of cash. It's only fair, he/she saved us a wootle over its time thus far. Hopefully it really will remain as is/intact with no changes & continue to bring us the same incredible deals. Congrats to the seller - Congrats to Amazon - it was another 'amazoning' business venture....

dkelly424

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkelly424

Amazon customer service stinks

polishpaul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages polishpaul

i'll never come back again.

bugatti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bugatti

I was surprised to see a comment about Trent Reznor in there. I am really tired and I am not sure if I am understanding the statement. Are they saying that his wife's new stuff is bad?

cwashin1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwashin1

Congratulations!!!

Welcome Wootmazon!

cerdwyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cerdwyn

I guess I will have to find a new place to buy random things.

I quit doing business with Amazon back 10 years or so ago when they were one of the first online companies to publicly alter their TOS without warning and started using their member lists for purposes that were not ethical then and still aren't, although it has become more common.

I wish you luck being part of a huge conglomerate instead of a small operation that I was very willing to support.

Please delete my account. I'll scramble it now.

Thinks Amazon is one of the worst companies on Earth, bye Woot, forever

cerdwyn

polishpaul wrote:i'll never come back again.

3 cheers

cerdwyn

EZRider wrote:Goodbye Woot - Don't (won't) do business with Amazon or ANY of its subsidiaries... Their political agenda is an abomination!

Enjoy!

glad to see a lot of us being honest and up front!

KG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KG

Congratulations!

1. 7/5/2005 Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless Joystick 1
  2. 11/29/2005 Kensington Bluetooth USB Adapter 2
  3. 12/1/2005 Monster Surround Sound Gaming Speaker System 1
  4. 4/13/2006 Creative Labs Bluetooth Wireless Headphones 1
  5. 4/18/2006 Netgear 802.11g Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter - 2 Pack 2
  6. 11/16/2006 ThermoHawk 200 Touchless Infrared Thermometer 1

Ibid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ibid

They bought you? I'm surprised they didn't just patent sale-a-day sales method and sue you.

snoopyfankathy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snoopyfankathy

WILL NOT WATCH OR BUY FROM WOOT AGAIN! AMAZON WILL NOT STOP SELLING DOG FIGHTING BOOKS OR VIDEOS AND I WILL NOT SUPPORT ANY COMPANY THAT SUPPORTS THEM! GOOD BYE!

Timbo860

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Timbo860

What everyone doesn't know is that amazon is now going to start shipping everything by smartpost to save money. Amazon packages will now all go to Martinsburg, WV, where they will be promptly be turned over to USPS for delivery. The packages will ultimately be lost or returned to Woot and be redistributed in the BOCs.

No that would be wishful thinking.

In reality the New and Improved BOCs will be as follows:
One lucky woot staff member will be sent to an amazon warehouse to sweep the floor. The sweepings will be dumped into a box and will be sent to a lucky Bowl of Cereal winner. This lucky Bowl of Cereal winner will open the box and in disgust swear off woot forever.

Either way the flying monkeys win!

Congrats Woot

mrozio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrozio

Oh look... woot was obtained by Amazon and now has one of their branded items as the day's woot... I really hope this isn't to be a trend.

hroscoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hroscoe

Congrats - you know you've hit the big time when NPR covers your story!

sdunndo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdunndo

Does that mean we have to pay taxes on our purchases now?

markbiss

quality posts: 2 Private Messages markbiss

Does Amazon own Roomba?

caffeine_dude

quality posts: 13 Private Messages caffeine_dude

I hope they dont go all office space on u. Just watch out for the Bobs.

Please don't delete this post, I am trying, honest!

mfayette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfayette

I think it sucks moose poo. Places like Amazon and Walmart have killed Main Street America and mom and pop stores. I liked Woot, because he WAS the little guy. Now, it's been sucked up into a monstrous conglomerate.

Viva la Independents!

I used to check Woot every morning. Used to. :-(

EvilH0mer74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EvilH0mer74

Congrats WOOT! Glad you found your sugar daddy! Just resist the urge to become one of the corporate drones....that is what set you apart from those 'other guys'.

• 12 ft HDMI cable x3
  • Argus Sprout Bean camera - (2)x2 pack

justs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justs

Cool, so what now do we get some free schwag to celebrate? Just don't change the Woot that we love, supplying us with mostly useful stuff that we really don't need, but dip into the beer fund to spring for anyway. Don't become corporate do uche bags selling mostly useless stuff that we don't know that we don't need, until the blue Zappos hiking boots arrive on our doorstep and we're left pondering the bad decisions of 151, Dr Pepper, an internet connection and an untimely Elvis song.

<b><font color=red> JustS </font></b>

mtfolsom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtfolsom

I have reason to believe this acquisition occured on Tuesday, June 29th and not Wednesday, June 30th, as witnessed by the strange event - but not so strange event for woot!

Exhibit A

Or perhaps, our fearless leader Matt Rutledge, has pulled a fast one on Amazon and switched servers with them... maybe there is more to this photo than we know?!?