fpmike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fpmike

So . . . What is a Wootazon anyway?

clodia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clodia

Holy Crap is right! I just heard the news!

I have to admit...I am thrilled that woot! is so popular that Amazon wants it, but I loved thinking that I was one of about 100 people who knew about it.

I am really happy that all the employees of woot! will be much better off financially (at least those with stock options).

I hope that woot! will remain true to woot!, but I am going to remain pessimistically optimistic.

nelsontrek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nelsontrek

So maybe with Amazon behind them they can offer like 3 or 4 Bowl of Cereal. during a Woot-off. But now there will probably be a bunch of Amazon lurkers trying to get a Bowl of Cereal. too!!! If I could only get a Bowl of Cereal.

MissToe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MissToe

Sorry to hear Woot got acquisitioned. I would have had more respect for Woot had they just admitted "We did it for the freaking MONEY".

I still want to check your bunions!

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
MissToe wrote:

Amazon will be resetting all bunions to zero.

Nothing follows.

yooperds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yooperds

Does this mean we can elect "Free Super Saver Shipping" on Woot orders >=$25?

notafinga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages notafinga

i hope this means that you will ship to hawaii now?

I just come on to drool and get jealous but everytime i really want something, it won't accept my address...=(

bodang

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bodang

WOW ! Congratulations Woot !
Surely Amazon doesn't want your business model Maybe your right, they just want to get paid for the scratched chrome. You'll come out ahead because now you can sell all the crap they bought and couldn't sell themselves. Ha! Seriously, for one nanosecond, I think it's just great and I am very happy for you. Nanosecond up, I bet us Wooters will come out ahead too!

pdublu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pdublu

Painful.

First: Amazon would never leave muffins, or any kind of free foodstuffs, not even coffee, for anyone, anywhere.

Second: enjoy your door desk and cheap ass health plan.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
MissToe wrote:Sorry to hear Woot got acquisitioned. I would have had more respect for Woot had they just admitted "We did it for the freaking MONEY".

I did it for the donuts. They promised me Top Pot ones. Heard the maple bars are good enough to steal!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

raeglatem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raeglatem

At first I was afraid, I was petrified... but now I'm standing here waiting for my bag o crap lol. Good for you Woot! Now when I say I bought so and so from Woot, I won't have to spend 10 minutes explaining it.

danbross

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danbross

Matt, all I can say is...

Beware of Romulans bearing gifts.

Neverstopstef

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Neverstopstef
DarthJay wrote:That means a much bigger audience for Book of Crap. Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was my thought exactly!!!!!!!! I really loved being part of a smallish community of Wooters... I really liked telling my family and friends that i received a Book of Crap, and seeing their faces go... " a bag of WHAT?!"
I'm trying to be happy for you Woot, I really am... I'll try harder... I promise...

huntnpeckr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huntnpeckr

Hazzah! Now I'll be able to use my new amazon.com credit card (which I applied for in an Ambien haze!) for good instead of evil!

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
Neverstopstef wrote:
I'm trying to be happy for you Woot, I really am... I'll try harder... I promise...

I'm trying to remember what I did before Woot. And it's pretty sad I can't remember. It hasn't been all that long.

I shall stay optimistic until The Strangers (2008) hits the fan.

Nothing follows.

GraphicOutlaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GraphicOutlaw
shanoboy wrote:I just hope Woot doesn't change. I love everything Woot, especially shirt.woot

I agree please don't let this go to your Woot head and change you awesome service and the way you do businesss

ZEP77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZEP77

I just read the news today, oh boy...

congrats woot!

I hope you never become offshore.woot!

wolfwood316

quality posts: 8 Private Messages wolfwood316
snoopyfankathy wrote:WILL NOT WATCH OR BUY FROM WOOT AGAIN! AMAZON WILL NOT STOP SELLING DOG FIGHTING BOOKS OR VIDEOS AND I WILL NOT SUPPORT ANY COMPANY THAT SUPPORTS THEM! GOOD BYE!

I'm sure they'll miss you terribly. You've been such a lucrative customer to Woot!, what with your 3 woots in 2 years and all.

dkrosky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkrosky

Did you just copy and paste Tony Hsieh's letter to his employees when Amazon bought Zappos? I think you did. Congrats nonetheless.

ClausDuBois

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ClausDuBois

Just imagine the massive amounts of crap that can be moved on the Amazon platform!! Now, crap can be streamed directly to Kindles everywhere. World domination is within Woot!'s grasp!

wolfwood316

quality posts: 8 Private Messages wolfwood316
Fahrenheit451 wrote:Can someone please instruct me on how to cancel and remove my membership at Woot? There are no provisions to do so that I can find. Thank you.

I'm laughing out loud at you right now. Considering you haven't bought ANYTHING... EVER, and this is your first post ever, I don't think you really need to worry about it, Sparky.

DALBYO1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DALBYO1

Wow! Partnering with Amazon is, well, Amazonazing!! How else to put it?
Tell Amazon to lower the price of their Kindle. Ever since I was a Boy Scout I have used Kindle to start my fires. Used to be cheap, but, now that they are electronic,instead of small pieces of wood, they are expensive, don't burn easy and smelllllll!

editorkid

quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid

I look forward to our bags of Texas air becoming bags of $1s and $5s that you nouveau riche dotcommers can't be bothered with anymore!

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69

Awesome......
Now do I get my Prime Membership benefits on Woot. I want free 2 day shipping.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate 5-20+ day Fed super saver crap.

Get with Amazon and make it happen.

SO SAY WE ALL! One Woot, One Amazon, One Shipping Method......

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DALBYO1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DALBYO1
notafinga wrote:i hope this means that you will ship to hawaii now?

I just come on to drool and get jealous but everytime i really want something, it won't accept my address...=(

Hey, no problem. Just send me money to cover the forwarding costs and have the stuff you buy from Woot shipped to me. I will forward it to you.
Promise.
Yeah, that's the ticket.
Trust me.

joseyrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joseyrick

How about a Happy Hour to celebrate!!!!!

Eastcoastmary

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Eastcoastmary

I hope you don't plan on sharing our buying history/habits with Amazon, the last thing I need is to see a recommendation show up when I want to buy something on Amazon that can only be attributed to a WOOT purchase.
On the plus side, will we be able to return items ?(Amazon is pretty liberal about returns)

standish99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages standish99

Interesting... Just hope the wonderful Woot customer service doesn't start to follow Amazon's model.

Liz C

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Liz C

Amazon is my first place to shop for anything online & I've always been extremely happy with their customer service. This may have me Woot!ing more often!

daleaymond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daleaymond

I would feel better if Woot purchased Amazon!

danpeay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages danpeay

Congratulations Matt and all of the Wootonians! I'm not sure why you bought Amazon. I mean, yeah, I've heard of them, but I go to Woot EVERY day and invest in a significant way. Amazon? I might go there twice a year, but maybe you'll make them a big-shot like you.

If Jeff were really smart, he might consider changing his branding to Wootazon.

Good luck to you all! I'll still be watching you.
Dan
Never under estimate the power of a flying monkey. (I hear gorilla's are afraid of them.)

ocean4t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocean4t

I loved the commentary. Amazon is no fool!!! Carry on!

Tracey Manuel

gstrother1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gstrother1

does this mean woot will ship to alaska now?

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69
standish99 wrote:Interesting... Just hope the wonderful Woot customer service doesn't start to follow Amazon's model.

I have never had a problem with Amazon customer service. I am a prime member and I have returned several items at no charge and my account creditied with no problems. I even got them to help me settle a problem with one of their merchants.

Amazon has great customer service, as does woot.

This is a perfect marriage.

Now Woot, give me my Prime Membership benefits on Woot purchases. Free 2 day shipping, screw the super saver shipping, $5 is basically free shipping anyway. We all know you factor the shipping cost into the price.

albrechtkl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages albrechtkl

I'm kinda thinking you sold out to the man. Hope this doesn't change things. You were my gem/value/bargain of the day. Hope you stay that way.

Kristi Lem Albrecht

brucedoesbms

quality posts: 158 Private Messages brucedoesbms

I have one thing to say -- and I hope, nay pray, that it is not true -- but, if history bears witness, then Another One Bites The Dust...

“Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.” --Norman Mailer
woot!ism of Assurance: "There is [WAS] no finer market than the one you create for something nobody wants, yet everyone buys... "

schwiemj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages schwiemj
bandk1000 wrote:Congrats! But the day after announcing this is not the day to have a big SOLD OUT on the home page.

yeah, not only do you have the big "SOLD OUT" on there and it is for a product offered by the company you 'sold out' too

btw - Congrats!

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

Waahh, I like the idea of W00t! being an independent little operation. Being part of Amazon seems so wrong.

Magic Cave

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Magic Cave

[quote postid="4014630" user="bsmith1"]From back in 2008... http://www.businessinsider.com/2008/1/amazon-invests-4-million-in-closeout-site-woot
Must have hit those "certain unnamed sales targets", eh?

GREAT link -- thanks for posting it.

sjensenwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjensenwoot

I'm SO disappointed.
I've never had a good experience w/ Amazon, and this is probably going to end up w/ my disassociating w/ woot!
I have been a long-term wooter, and have taken advantage of a great many Woot specials.
My delivery people have also enjoyed and even partaken in my Woot aquisitions, but now we fear the service and reliability we've come to trust from Woot will be GONE.
Boooo