Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

I wonder what the max character limit is on these postings?

Signature censored by Woot

papimijo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papimijo

how can you let this happen I am truly heartbroken by this news of all the things that can happen this was my nightmare where and when will it end do you need the money that bad, I am sure you cant spend it that quick just look around its not that bad yet the world may come around, ( maybe) sigh!!!! I may never purchase a thing again. wow we are being sold out

Papi

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

bama2112 wrote:I am one of the people who refuse to listen to rap in any form so yes if it sounds like rap then it is and I do not listen. So if someone wants me to listen to a message then it need not be in rap form.

Sorry that you will not read
This post where we address your screed
It's sad because we want to say
We'll miss seeing you around this place
But if you want, we'll let you run
We wouldn't want to spoil your fun
We hope one day you will return
And our great deals no longer spurn
sp-sp -spurn
sp-sp-sp-spurn
sp-sp-sprun
skritchy skritchy skritchy skritchy

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

mstyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstyle

That was the best email I have ever seen from a CEO to his company.

Congrats Woot!

isaac32767

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isaac32767

So. ADHD is not just a neurological disorder, it's also a viable internet business model. Who knew?

warted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warted

Careful Guys....

Of course hope for the best BUT:

Anyone remember MusicMatch Jukebox?

If you owned a copy then you remember what happened when Yahoo bought out MusicMatch?

After much praising & backslapping Yahoo proceeded to mold the product to it's own vision which eventually destroyed the product.

An enormous customer base was left holding the bag.

careful and cautious my friends...

rawclams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rawclams

You sold out to the Man Woot! Bad, Very Bad!
Made you rich, very rich!

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
warted wrote:An enormous customer base was left holding the bag.

Wait... isn't this why we're all here?

Nothing follows.

divewreck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages divewreck

At least I'll be looking at better crap now

runvs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages runvs

resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. and you, and you and you and you...

ke4sfq

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ke4sfq

Awesome guys!! Now lets get better stuff in the Bags of Crap!!

Kevin

darkosiris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkosiris

Really missed a chance here for something great - at the end of the last Woot Off! The last item should have been WOOT! Then you could have put "Sold Out". I mean that in the joking there's none left, not in the overly mean you sold your soul for the cheddar kind of remark, I mean you guys already did that with Yahoo! didn't you? Fess up, your mom is watching.

Congrats! Keep up the snark!

pauldownsouth

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pauldownsouth

Any name changes in the offing? e.g. Amazoot, Wootazon, etc.

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

I'm Brian, and so is my wife.

Signature censored by Woot

eireclaire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eireclaire

So, woot has been repeatedly reassuring in various ways that this acquisition wont change anything. yeah right. yes, great for your business, but it wont be the same... r.i.p.

vagent

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vagent

It was good while it lasted. I was rather expecting to see Woot buy Amazon, but reality intercedes. buh-bye!

AZScott

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AZScott

I demand a Bag-O-Crap for first stating the obvious statement.

2 days ago I stated

"That is going to be one Frickin' HUGE BAG-O-CRAP!"

right here:

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/5ed54efe-a57e-4470-bc5e-b9cc30e48909/woot-com?page=2#8e7790c5-6ed7-470d-a901-b6947f9aae4e

And then Amazon, I mean AmaWoot steals my stolen headline:

Amazon Buys World's Biggest Bag O' Crap, And It's Called Woot

Batten down your hatches and stock up on bottled water, because we're about to hit you with a category-5 newsicane: Woot has been acquired by Amazon! This partnership with the 800-lb. gorilla of ecommerce is huge news for us, but probably won't change much for you. See what our CEO has to say about it, then see what our monkeys have to say about it. The monkeys are a lot funkier.

That is a crappy thing to do!

Congrats Wootafiers!

FyrFytr44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FyrFytr44

As excited as I am to see what comes out of the Woot and Amazon deal I am just as unsure about the future of my beloved Woot. I am not one of the people that post everyday (check my post count) but I check the Woot everyday (of which my wife thinks I am crazy) and I am logged in for every Woot-Off. What made Woot special was its down home attitude and its uncanny way to make you laugh with every item that they try and get us to buy.

Where my concern comes into play has to do with what happened to Jellyfish.com. Same thing, small town company that sold out to Microsoft and within a short time everything about the Jellyfish had changed......and a short time later there was no more Jellyfish and along came Bing.

Washburn Electric Guitar, Technotunes 256MB MP3 Watch, Westinghouse Slicer Toaster, Microsoft Optical Desktop Elite Wireless Keyboard & Mouse, iRobot Roomba Sage with Convenience Pack, Delphi RoadyXT XM Receiver w/Car Kit, Cobra XRS9500 11 Band Radar & Laser Detector, KidSmart Vocal Smoke Detector – 2 Pack, DECO StingRay Water Scooter
Still no Blogging Old CEO :-(

Paolotek

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Paolotek

I blogged about this here: http://www.woot.com/forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4017144&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=15#post4018135 but it seems to be in the wrong place, so here it is again:
OK, I have been a faithful Wooter since June 06, 2006. I LOVE Woot! I have almost 450 Woots, really. (See for yourself.)I even met the crew at CES this year and we found out that I am #17 out of 2 million. Well anyway, I usually never have time to comment but I TOOK the time to say: PPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEE DON'T CHANGE!!!!!!!! At least don't change so much that you won’t even be recognizable to us Wooter fans. Don't be swallowed up or lost by the huge giant Amazon. We fans (If I may speak for some) who now have 'paid' for Woot to be what it is today are asking and saying; while this is monumental and worthy of praise, we don't want to loose what Woot stands for. Then again, I wonder if they will still charge just $5 to ship an 800 LB monkey? Oh, never-mind...

tajohnson27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tajohnson27

The end of Woot as we long time Wooters knew it, I'm out!

Terry A. Johnson

rlp518

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rlp518

You got bought by a South American river?! I just hope you have some of those frog pool alarm things back in the warehouse. All I can say is: watch out for piranhas.

barwashi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barwashi

At first I thought Wow this is great. Then I thought wait-a-minute. . . Amazon is going to use Woot to get rid of all those crappy a$$ kindles.

It's ok Woot I would sell out to the man also, but please, and I repeat please.. do not do a weekly woot-off of Kindles. =) Love you guys.

AZScott

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AZScott
msneary wrote:An open letter to woot, wooters, and Amazon....

• I put the rest of this in a big old BAG O' CRAP

msneary wrote:
...Hey woot staff, before you turn out the lights, disable my account. Naturally, you don't provide any such self-service mechanism on your site - that would be good customer service. And don’t bother replying, I blocked all email from woot over a year ago.

Let me sum up in one word what Woot thinks about you leaving Woot.

WOOT!

jpchamberlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpchamberlin

I pretty much never post and I've only bought two or three things, but I like to check on what's for sale every day and look forward to the next Bag O' Crap. All I have to say is that despite all of the assurances that Woot won't be changing, the difference from before the buyout and after is like night and day. No refurb items, no long-winded stories that have virtually nothing to do with the product, no "let's assuage the scared Wooters by offering a new round of Bags O' Crap" listings....I worry.

Zappos got to keep the RickRoll link hidden at the bottom of their links page, I hope Woot doesn't get limited to one Bag O' Crap every other year...

Grrr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grrr

This is the worst possible news I could have received about woot!.
You were exceptional and phenomenal. I was proud to urge others to camp out on your site.
Amazon's refusal to delete my customer information AFTER they changed their privacy policy was the end of my relationship with them, but I will REALLY miss you.

grrr.net

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

jpchamberlin wrote:no long-winded stories that have virtually nothing to do with the product

If you go to the front page, you'll see we writers have chosen to do a long winded writeup about today's holiday, just like we've done every Fourth Of July, I think, since the very first day. And all the other sites still have them too.

If you just don't like them today, that's a matter of opinion, of course, but c'mon, they're right freaking there where they always were.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

andrew2134

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrew2134

Congrats!

rworth01

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rworth01

Sorry but you were probably doing ok without Amazon. They allowed me to be ripped off for $2000. F them and anyone associated with them.

Swivelgames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Swivelgames

This is awesome! :D

I live right down the road from the woot! HQ. It's cool to see a local-based business get such great news!

bblhed

quality posts: 10 Private Messages bblhed

Yeah and Congratulations!

Does this mean that Amazon will be using Woot to unload their excess junk from time to time? Wait, I meant to say, will the partnership between Woot and Amazon lead to Woot being able to procure better deals on a wider variety of merchandise due to the buying power and diversity of overstocked items at Amazon? Nope, excess junk was the way to go on that one.

arroyopottery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arroyopottery

I have to know...are we now going to be charged tax???

ecdolive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ecdolive

Congrats, Woot. Just don't ever change the brand!

VaUrsine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VaUrsine

On one hand, it ensures that Woot won't be going anywhere. On the other hand, it means yet another cool thing caught in the clutches of Amazon. Why must the cool things get absorbed? Could be worse though. It could have been Wal-Mart. If that happened, I would have killed my Woot account and never bought anything again.

In closing 2 points of advice to the heads of Woot:
1. Always be yourselves and what you originally created Woot to be.

2. This is directed to Amazon: Don't F*** with this one guys! This one is cool and not going to impact your bottom line. If it ain't f*in broke, don't even try to fix it!

dvdthrrs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dvdthrrs

welcome aboard woot! loved the video, we need more of that in our world. hopefully you will post more videos when you are on board with us!

DarthJay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay

Well I have been saying for a while that the bags of crap had been far too frequent and that the content put into them was cookie cutter and not up to normal "old days of woot" par -- that woot had sold out.

We'll see what happens now...

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

sakura10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakura10

This is like coming home and finding my wife in bed with Kirsten Dunst.
Woot-woot!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

sakura10 wrote:This is like coming home and finding my wife in bed with Kirsten Dunst.
Woot-woot!

wgmartin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wgmartin

Here is the last of several news articles from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch about the Woot sale & the results. Sorry to see the St. Louis staff go -- I believe that their offices are just a couple blocks from where I grew up and my family lived.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/columns/building-blocks/article_2a303f55-9d7b-5d5c-9991-9b8d6e304c53.html

Will

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I wonder if his brother is moving to Seattle?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

CaptainTr1pps

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CaptainTr1pps
VaUrsine wrote:On one hand, it ensures that Woot won't be going anywhere. On the other hand, it means yet another cool thing caught in the clutches of Amazon. Why must the cool things get absorbed? Could be worse though. It could have been Wal-Mart. If that happened, I would have killed my Woot account and never bought anything again.

In closing 2 points of advice to the heads of Woot:
1. Always be yourselves and what you originally created Woot to be.

2. This is directed to Amazon: Don't F*** with this one guys! This one is cool and not going to impact your bottom line. If it ain't f*in broke, don't even try to fix it!

When did Amazon stop being Cool? I remember them as that cool internet store that never made any money but sold everything under the sun. Seems people are forgetting that they started in a similar place as woot.

I love Amazon, and I love Woot, a better retail combination I could not imagine.

PS - For the love of God, negotiate some of that Prime shipping.