defibrillator

quality posts: 18 Private Messages defibrillator

I guess I join my voice to a chorus of others when I say I hope this is for the better. Time will tell.

markpsw

quality posts: 3 Private Messages markpsw

I can only imagine how much crappier will be the Bowl of Cereal. I mean, I can't imagine how much crap Amazon has laying around on their ginormous distribution centers.

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007

Couple questions I (and others most likely) have about this deal....

1. What exactly is an "independent subsidiary", can someone from Woot HQ explain this?

2. Is tax from Missouri going to disappear or still be in effect? What about other states?

3. Is Amazon Prime going to work for Woot? Amazon giftcards?

4. Is Woot going to have Amazon fulfill the orders or is Woot still doing this?

frugalfreak

quality posts: 13 Private Messages frugalfreak

Are the anniversary/Birthday coupons still good?

yogeshdengle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yogeshdengle
frugalfreak wrote:Are the anniversary/Birthday coupons still good?

Hey I didnt get a Birthday Coupon :P

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-

Congrats Woot!
For as long as it does not mean absorbing general corporate culture, it's a great deal!

But please, please, please - somebody tell me that this deal does not mean we the New Yorkers will now have to pay sales tax!

As is well known as of some time ago our bright (not) gov't in the state passed that stupid law that required Amazon to collect the tax on orders shipped to NY!

PLEASE TELL ME IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN TO WOOT AS A PART OF AMAZON DEAL!!!!

On the contrary - if Woot will indeed participate in prime shipping, I'm all over it!!!!

Ares78

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ares78

I'm wondering.. What exactly is going to happen with sellout.woot, considering it has a partnership with Yahoo Shopping? Isn't that a conflict of interests now?

duodec

quality posts: 14 Private Messages duodec

Best wishes. Amazon's not the best but far from the worst. And now Mr. Bezos can get patents on everything Woot does that is different or unique, like, you know, selling stuff over the internet ;)

OBTW according to the Internic, the domain name 'wootazon.com' is still available for registration so you'd best hop to it before some cybersquatter gets it.

OTOH Amazon is big enough to pay for its own TLD... how cool would WOOT.WOOT, and AMAZON.WOOT be as domains!

Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

brfiesin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages brfiesin

We missed you.

Certainly many of us are really worried that this is going to mean higher prices, crappier deals, and amazons lack of creativity will likely castrate Woot.

Now I hope I'm wrong, but I know I'm not the only one who is guessing that. It's like getting aquired by Microsoft instead of Google.

Growth orientation just doesnt seem like it'll work for Woot

We shall see... we shall see. Smart sale by Woot though because growth is bound to shrink.

I've got my fingers crossed, but I cried a little today!

I woot too much.

Trentf2001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Trentf2001

Where is my screaming monkey with an amazon cape?

frugalfreak

quality posts: 13 Private Messages frugalfreak
yogeshdengle wrote:Hey I didnt get a Birthday Coupon :P

You got it as a free coupon crap for buying the woot lights.

frodedo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frodedo

Does this mean that your servers might actually work when the Bowl of Cereal gets put up?

rattmobbins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rattmobbins
jskotnik wrote:Congrats!

Does this mean that Wooters with Amazon Prime will get free shipping?

Hot damn that would be freakin' fantastic!

$5 shipping is a steal guys, but FREE 2 day shipping on my Woots would be the best!!!

rckymtnrfc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rckymtnrfc

sellout.woot!

addybojangles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages addybojangles

Congrats, fellas!

Also, that email is one of the funniest things I have ever read :D

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola

All this means is that instead of just buying Woot's crap, we get to buy Amazon's crap too.

I wouldn't worry too much about the changes. Unless you hate crap.

Listen2Reason

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Listen2Reason

Wow, you guys are really stretching this joke out, huh?

Slntpsych1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Slntpsych1

Congratulations guys. Hope you get wheelbarrows full of money. =)

Gimpy04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gimpy04

As an Amazon employee and a fellow Wooter: Welcome to the family.

escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar

1. Congrats to whoever is getting paaaiiiiiiid in this deal. Nice work, treat yourself to a Ferrari or six.

2. The rest of you, enjoy the carefree Woot-style times while you can, because eventually even Jeff Bezos will find himself in a position where he needs to prop up the ol' Earnings Per Share to keep some pointy-headed Wall Street analyst happy. And there go the random valuable items in the BOCs, and shipping 40 pound items for $5, and all the other fun stuff that makes Woot what it is.

Publicly traded companies eventually crush fun and joy in the relentless pursuit of profit. They have to, or face the wrath of the shareholders.

I'll miss you, Woot. It was fun while it lasted.

12milluz

quality posts: 15 Private Messages 12milluz

So now that Woot! is owned by Amazon, will Amazon force Woot! to ditch stupid-post and get a better shipping method in order to save Amazon the embarrassment of sloooooooow shipping?

Tyross

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tyross

R.I.P. Woot. Fun while it lasted.

Tax for WA state now means no more deals. Not to mention noscript now shows the login screen as a hijack attempt =/

Good times were had and I own many a Vornado - thanks again and good luck in your new jobs.

How do I go about canceling my account?

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj

I sure hope us Washingtonians don't have sales tax charged on Woot. I generally don't use Amazon because of it

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Ooh does this mean that if I use my Amazon Visa for purchases on Woot that I'll get 3 points per dollar instead of 1, just like on Amazon?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

gbeast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gbeast

Awesome! Congratulations! I'm just glad woot! wasn't acquired by Google because, really, woogle! is just silly.

ailuj820

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ailuj820

Sorry you won't be rollin' in with your pajamas on. Seriously amazing announcement.

SuperTully

quality posts: 32 Private Messages SuperTully

"It shouldn't change anything much for us or you after the deal closes, we just figured you’d like to know a few details. "

That's like your girlfriend telling you "she just wants to be friends, she still loves you, but not in that way anymore". Overtime the friendship will deteriorate because you want more but she's not going to offer it.

Such will be the fate of Woot if they let corporate culture take over.

NJT - Woot!

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj
gbeast wrote:Awesome! Congratulations! I'm just glad woot! wasn't acquired by Google because, really, woogle! is just silly.

but think of the android apps

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

So now I work for free for Amazon?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

lanitrix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lanitrix

Guess that means Bags of Crap will start containing Books instead of really cool doo dads.

haudveritas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haudveritas

Does this mean things are going to sell out faster?

bobqmccracken

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobqmccracken

My only question is, do you actually pay someone to make the monkey videos? And if so - where can I submit my resume for your video development team?

isparabola

lanitrix wrote:Guess that means Bags of Crap will start containing Books instead of really cool doo dads.

Refurb Kindles will be the new Sansas.

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc
shanoboy wrote:I just hope Woot doesn't change. I love everything Woot, especially shirt.woot

I hope the same. Also I hope shirt.woot keeps having birthday parties... those rock!

jday1229

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jday1229

The really important question is:
Do we get to celebrate with a Woot-Off?

TheNewJesus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheNewJesus

Bag of Kindles?

Just sayin!

isparabola

Woot isn't going to change. How many of you even knew Amazon bought Zappos before today?

I sure didn't. Woot will be fine.

rahlquist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rahlquist

Congrats, and goodbye.

davidd13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davidd13

Congratulations, Woot! I shop both Amazon and Woot!, and love 'em both. Just think of the huge warehouse of crap that will be available now. Just hope you can score a couple of servers from them!

reggaemyelitis

quality posts: 32 Private Messages reggaemyelitis

Does this mean that the woot! staff may actually be able to receive a Living Wage now?

“Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.” -- Peter Tosh