gimpyestrada

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gimpyestrada

Hopefully this means that Woot.com will begin seeing some of the goodies that are available on Amazon.com.

I can see it now, bags of crap filled with refurbished Kindles and old chemistry textbooks. Ah what a world.

MBrulla

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MBrulla

Thanks woot!

Now the freakin' song is stuck in my head.

solstone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages solstone

It is as if a million howling monkeys suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced...

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola

And now thanks to Woot i now know many rhymes to the word Amazon.

mohicus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mohicus

of course that means that the black boxer's get free prime shipping....right?

rawilt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rawilt

Does this mean the Woot! site will finaly work on my Kindle's crappy web browser?

myanalunas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myanalunas

I hope that the free-wheeling humor does not stop - some days it's the funniest part of my day to read Woot!

christy626

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christy626

Congrats! I have so enjoyed your site and have made some great purchases. Hopefully you will be allowed to continue but not have to worry so much about paying the bills

fraxcat

quality posts: 8 Private Messages fraxcat
dontwantaname wrote:So now I work for free for Amazon?

Yeah....uh.....ouch. :|

I know a certain game that I use...STILL play that used to have volunteers ingame that were officially sanctioned. Well, that went on for a couple of months before the publisher decided to make a stink...which was Microsoft. I'm imagining the convo went something like this:

MS: GET THEM OFF THE SERVER!!! NOWWWWWW!!!

Turbine: Uh, what?

MS: These VOLUNTEERS are a liability! What if someone decides to sue for compensation of services rendered?!

Turbine: They signed a contract stating they receive nothing.

MS: SO WHAT!! WE'RE THE PUBLISHER, WE OWN j00, RAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHRRRRRGGGHHH!!!!

Turbine: Um..right. *fires advocate staff*

Hopefully Amazon has a bit more foresight than that, but who knows. These things happen to change a lot more things in the background than I think Woot would like people to believe. It will be painfully obvious in a short time if things go south.

Will definitely be interesting to follow the first few Bowl of Cereal threads and see what people get with their letters...

lippsman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lippsman

Yes we all have heard "we will still be the same company" many times before when someone is gobbled up by one of the big boys.

Haven't it seen it happen.....Ever !!

It was good while it lasted.

slong1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slong1

BFD !!!
Now get back to work !!!

MarthaBTX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarthaBTX

American Enterprise alive and well--and somebody will be making some BIG BUCKS on this deal. Good for you!!

russell.williams

quality posts: 1 Private Messages russell.williams
lippsman wrote:Yes we all have heard "we will still be the same company" many times before when someone is gobbled up by one of the big boys.

I agree..let the synergies begin!

bbobb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbobb

Wow! sold out to the MAN!

jgribb1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgribb1

Way to go dudes!!

I want my Baby Back ribs!!!!!

roxannez

quality posts: 13 Private Messages roxannez

NOOOOO!

I love Amazon but they can't have my Woot. No. I'm gonna hold my breath until I turn blue and then I'll go on a hunger strike. Oh? It won't work, and I'll just starve to death in about fifty years, when the last stored fat cell in my body finally dies of starvation? Nevermind. (Weeping quietly in corner of room, paper grocery sack pulled firmly over head.)

bigdave914

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigdave914

Congrats!!

Can I borrow a dollar?

brenca2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brenca2

i guess this marks the begining of the end of woot....oh well...hope you at least made a bucket of cash...was nice while it lasted

amazon sucks so bad...its gotta land here as well

mandoo500

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mandoo500

My only concern would be....
will this affect wine.woot.com in anyway possible?????

typ901

quality posts: 0 Private Messages typ901

Good for you-bad for me-not an Amazon fan. I try and avoid that site. Only used as a last resort. Have had multiple problems with my orders- time to find another (Woot) resource for me. I am disappointed. Thanks for letting us know.

aquastardreamer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aquastardreamer

Congrats to Woot! Thats awesome for you guys

Kfarley239

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kfarley239

Welcome to the Darkside.............

Keith Farley

bill750

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bill750

Hopefully, most of the people at Woot rang the cash register on this deal! BTW, if you need any investment advice, let me know and I'll send you my credentials. Seriously, good for you - and I hope good for those of us that really like dealing with Woot...

emananon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emananon

I will remain optimistic that you will be independent, but won't be surprised if you are not. I like Amazon, but like you guys way more.

bravo6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bravo6

Congrats! Probably the beginning of the end though

Oh well, it was a fun ride!

flyingkites

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flyingkites

And this is supposed to be a good thing?

Amazon?

Honestly the things people do for money, like sell their souls ...

mbgrant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbgrant
donatom3 wrote:I know, the only way this could get better is if they merge with Costco and Google now.

From your lips to gawd's ears!

zendick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zendick

sellout i guess is real prophetic

also what happens with the relationship with yahoo?

oopsz

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oopsz

Hey, maybe this means they'll start using Amazon's cloud computing to run the woot servers, so maybe they won't crash every time a Bowl of Cereal comes up? :P

Server is too busy
Service Unavailable

Drizzt321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Drizzt321

Wow, congrats!

Does this mean that your servers will no longer lag when the Book of Crap comes up on Woot-Offs? Or will you still have such crappy servers that 100 simultaneous hits by all 60 of your customers will cause your servers to lag?

mbj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mbj

If i'd wanted Amazon I'd have gone to amazon, Good bye woot.

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1
solstone wrote:It is as if a million howling monkeys suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced...

Nice. (cue ominous symphony music)

lwjohnson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lwjohnson

That’s not good! I like the independent rebellious teenager, I don’t want him to get a job…

Peaty

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Peaty
lippsman wrote:Yes we all have heard "we will still be the same company" many times before when someone is gobbled up by one of the big boys.

sad but true

I've worked for two big companies that were purchased. For about a year they left us alone then the changes begin, slowly at first...

Peaty

150+ Woots and no signs of stopping...

KoolHandJoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KoolHandJoe

No one suspects the WOOT ACQUISITION.... or the SPANISH INQUISITION for that matter

I am the walrus

SilverStar830

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SilverStar830

Ay Carumba!

Congrats.

radthomas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radthomas

Wow. Maybe Amazon will actually teach you how to ship to Alaska now! Awesome.

bpunk88

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bpunk88

W00t! Looks like mom is getting a refurb'd Kindle for xmas.

Congrats on the deal boys, Amazon is solid. Plus, now your AWS cloud services should be free... cheap bums ;)

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Hoping for the best but not really counting on it. Will withhold judgment for a year and see what Woot looks like then.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

kingkong5

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kingkong5

Wow, talk about sellout.woot. Why'd you have to sell out to the establishment? I hope things can stay the same.

If I have Amazon Prime do I now get free 2nd day shipping?