+ Add a Comment

hcliii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hcliii

Better pack your bags (of crap), all of you are taking a one-way trip to India. And we're not talking Kokomo.

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire

Hah! Thanks for the lulz.

...and I too need to get that new Reznor+wife track...

Hmm.

tcasolo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcasolo

Congrats, Woot!

Now get Amazon to do a Woot Credit Card. I gotta have one!

jimbobka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimbobka

As a Wooter for many years, I think this is a good thing as long as you guys can stay goofy and Amazon doesn't just use you to sell of all the junk that they can't sell or not permit you to undersell them on the stuff they do sell. (Does Amazon sell Roombas?)

klynb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klynb
lanitrix wrote:Guess that means Bags of Crap will start containing Books instead of really cool doo dads.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I expect the mail lady to get a hernia per bag.

mavnick1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mavnick1

Brings new meaning to "SELL-OUT WOOT"!

Big T

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Big T

Adios Woot! Cause you won't be around tomorrow.

akhounds

quality posts: 1 Private Messages akhounds

As long as the 'left to amuse ourselves' part of the deal lasts, congratulations Woot! I hope ya'll made a fortune on the sale. Great idea, brilliant marketing, terrific (and fun!) environment; you deserve to be well paid for your initiative.

I think there should be a bota of cookies tonight to celebrate, yes???

warning1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warning1

Congratulations, woot! I'm very happy for you. And by happy for you, I mean, happy for myself and the wonderful deals that I will continue to acquire.

I will use this opportunity to let you in on a terrible secret. When I signed up for your website for the first time, I made a terrible mistake. You see, my real name isn't "warning1". I know, this is probably a terrible shock to you.

In fact, I had reversed my username and password, and put them each into the opposite field. I only noticed the mistake too late when I needed to log in to purchase an item and found that I would have to expose the single and only password that I use on every website in order to make my purchase and to snatch the latest Woot object of desire. Still, I did it in a heartbeat.

Here I am today, shamed and naked as everyone knows my password. But I take consoled in knowing that I still have my iRobot Roomba Sage with Convenience Pack (4110).

Thanks Woot!

--FP Agent #4650

navajosnow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages navajosnow

You smokin sumthin? Yeah, you smokin yosef and evabody else. Life will not be the same once you join a big mother ship like Amazon, least not for long. It just doesn't work that way. No sense in giving you the facts right now; you are way to high on that stuff in your head and in your wallet. Stay tuned - film at eleven.

Navajosnow

ambrosiusamadeus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ambrosiusamadeus

Wha...!?! Well, it sounds like a great move to Woot! I just hope the Wooting stays successful. Did I mention Woot! is my homepage? LOL

Best wishes to everyone. Keep Wooting!

David

charango

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charango

I hope the deal was good for the employees.

Leeta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Leeta

Well, it's bittersweet. I'm sad for me because I considered myself special being a member of Woot and promoting the site to people who weren't as "in the know" as I was. But then again I happy for you because you have become part of the awesome capitalism I so admire. Rock on Woot. May you never fail and always bring us those bags of crap we so love. Congratulations!

Micro Remote Control Helicopter 2, Random gristle 3, Logitech QuickCam 1, Random gristle 3, Vector Power Inverter 2. XM Receiver w/car kit 1, Wireless optical mouse 1

hippielady

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hippielady

I think it's great - unless you guys get all uppity and Amazon-y and too big for your britches and think you can forget all the woot-a-philes that have been here forever buying the Bowl of Cereal's that paid for that cement pond in your backyard.

Mominator

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Mominator
pmarin wrote:Man, , it does seem annoying when you're pretty sure (but can't be certain) that the person you talked to on the phone is in India. After all, we have 10+ % unemployment here in the Northwest and I'm sure there must be someone who is willing to answer calls from customers.

Also, wait, I'm in Washington .. how long will it be before I have to start paying sales tax on Woot purchases, as I already do on Amazon purchases.

I think I live in the city where Amazon's call center is... and it ain't in India, it's in Washington.

ph15h

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ph15h

Hope they work something out with Amazon Prime. Sometimes the turnaround between order, shipment and arrival is too long. I want my woot shirts quicker :P

ph15h

Shawn999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shawn999

As a long time loyal Wooter and buyer of all things WOOT!, does this make me a shareholder?? And if so, how much is my cut of the deal?

Don't go changin'
I like you just the way you are....

McGuffy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages McGuffy

This may even mean no more server crashes! I think I just heard the space-time continuum tear...

gwintner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gwintner

Wow. Holy carp. First, good for you. Why shouldn't you get a boatload of money for your troubles. You've built a successful business and a brand on deals and a whole lot of personality, and that should absolutely be rewarded in this otherwise entirely sterile world of e-commerce. Second, please try not to change, it would be incredibly sad and tragic if you did. Third, there's hope, because Amazon's a great company and consistently offers things for less than everyone else does - kind of like Woot, but less drastic - and has good site design, too, so this isn't a bad pairing at all. You're both savvy, wildly successful sites that have left the Yahoos and AOLs and Friendsters in the dust (never mind that those are completely different kinds of businesses). Woot, Amazon needs help with that "daily deals" section on their front page - it's a jumbled bunch of garbage. Amazon, Woot needs help with their shipping; they need to get things out the door faster, with a faster carrier, and for less money, too. And Amazon's the best there is at shipping, in all those respects. Learn well, Woot, learn well ...

corhou99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corhou99

Great...damn sell out artist, i hope you take your boatload of cash, stock options and private jets and choke on them

googlemaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages googlemaster

I must say.... I hope the thought of Amazon Prime rubs off on Woot... perhaps maybe?

Also yay, this bring Texas and Seattle just that much closer together.... kinda...

EDIT: Also, I wonder if seeing various Roomba's every 3rd day if Kindles will start to be on here twice a week.... hmmm

jdegraph

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jdegraph

Worst news ever. Time to find a new once a day site. Seen this too many times. Death of creativity. Merging of two cultures, best of both worlds, blah blah blah. Never works out for anything good.

kerrycindy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kerrycindy

Have y'all, well you know, done it yet? You know, what's the word? Oh yea, consumated the deal yet? Banged boots? Tickled the joy button? Just wondering. It's not considered a done deal till you do.

oeldeals

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oeldeals

I can't even begin to imagine the extent to which I would debase myself for a Hyundai full of twenties ... selling out to Amazon ain't nothin'

Congrats!

PS will you take me out on your new yacht? I'll mop the helipad ... let me know

LOOK AT ME!

mobemt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mobemt

new developments -
1) woot prime
2) sending customer service to India (or Indiana)
3) getting random open box items from warehousedeals.com
4)

Amazing! (does this mean UPS and not FedEx home?)

pmarin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pmarin
Mominator wrote:I think I live in the city where Amazon's call center is... and it ain't in India, it's in Washington.

Well, if true, if there are NO call centers in India -- my apologies. That would be great news. Maybe the people I spoke to on a few occasions just had Indian accents -- (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

I think it would be great if Amazon then posted a "we DON'T outsource overseas" policy, and just clarify the thing once and for all, for all of us that just aren't 100% sure

[Edit] I really hope you are right. I just notice that there a bunch of other Wooters with similar comments about India. So I'm beginning to think my impression WAS correct. I guess I should be able to look at the Annual Reports and maybe it is in there. But it sure SEEMS like they've moved some call centers to India. Not that there might not be some "legacy" business left in Washington -- but I'm sorry it sure seems like India to me.

mheadroom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mheadroom

As one of the charter wooters (got some type of certificate thing or something somewhere) I just want to tip my hat to you and say congrats! Woot has been a favoirtie site of mine since its inception and you all deserve it! keep up the good work!

xxooss

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xxooss

congo rats!

sassoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sassoon

ARRRGH. Never be the same.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

Hopefully I'm wrong but I get very bad vibes from this kind of change.Corporate will never keep their hands off.

reddoghunting

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reddoghunting

Bad idea.

Mogul345

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mogul345

Congrats on the payday guys. Just make sure step one is to get off your crappy servers and into Amazon's cloud, and don't forget to spin up a 1000 extra instances before you put up the Bowl of Cereal.

After that, feel free to spend it all on hookers and blow. You deserve it.

chewy106

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chewy106

After the nightmare Amazon made me deal with on a recent TV purchase (that I'm still dealing with after nearly a month) I refuse to deal with them ever again. Sorry woot!, but I think you've just lost a member...

newjerseymax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newjerseymax

I hate Amazon! They banned me for selling a bootleg DVD that I bought from them and sold as used after I watched it and went through the entire appeal and nobody cared.

Woot is just gonna be another sell-out website that is selling Amazon leftovers..

At least you got your big check!

AMAZOOT!

Ralicon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ralicon

Congrats! Two brands I like WOOT and Amazon.

carl669

quality posts: 27 Private Messages carl669

i live in seattle and had no idea amazon uses doors for desks. see, you learn something new everyday. i wonder if they use cabinet doors for printer stands. or maybe they use drawers as shelves and shelves as coat racks! or maybe people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is at it seems!

oh...and congrats on the amazon subsidiarization. (what? it's a word. i swear.)

Wife: Do you really need all this junk?
Me: At least I don't ask you if it makes me look fat.
--------------------------------------

PhilDx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PhilDx

There goes the neighborhood...

newjerseymax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newjerseymax

ps... ill take a couple more of those ipods before you go...lol

riceboy00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riceboy00

I live in NY. Amazon charges sales tax. I hope I'm not going to have to pay taxes on Woot purchases. =(

jwheeler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwheeler

Congrats woot...

List of wants

1) keep the monkey's coming
2) increase availability of BOHSee's
3) attach amazon prime to the shipping purchases

kthxbai

Eight years of wooting and barely here.